As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Video game industry thread: no, Shiggy's still not dead. Damn April Fool's.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The guy who talks about video game theory is kind of entertaining, sometimes.

Extra Credits? I don't mind him, but he always gets so wrapped up in "here's what everyone should do to make games an awesome artform" that he loses his grip on reality. He says that we'll all defend EA if their marketing department does something to improve the public perception of games, but how can he possibly speak for more than a few dozen people? Even if he speaks for thousands, you don't appeal to marketing departments by saying they'll help make art, and their honour will be defended, you appeal to them through money, and he always refuses to talk about practicalities like that.
    It takes a lot of work to look less connected to reality than EA's marketing department, but he managed it.

AnteCantelope on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Extra Credits is always interesting, but sometimes he buys so deeply into the "video games need to be recognized as art" argument that he forgets other facets of games exist. Also, for all the research they do, they sometimes make some glaring errors. But they're still interesting, and nowhere near as tired and formulaic as Yahtzee became.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • NathantinNathantin regular
    edited April 2011
    Astale wrote: »
    I don't know whether I should be excited about Planetside Next or not.

On one hand I love that type of setting and non-traditional MMOs.

On the other I play multiplayer shooters like a one armed, three-fingered chimp with cataracts. Which is to say I use explosives and the shotgun exclusively. Hard to miss with that crap! So did the original Planetside work well if you sucked at shooting? Like did it have a robust "X" you could do instead, like vehicle piloting, command, recon, whatnot?

Been a long time now since my Planetside days but yeah, plenty of things y'could do other than toting firearms while gallumphing from base to base. From an infantry standpoint there was the Combat Engineering, allowing the use of ACEs (Adaptive Construction... something, equipment?). Takes up the same amount of space as a standard ammo box or pistol and can be used to lay down a short-range autoturret, anti-vehicular mines, motion sensors or a remote-detonated Boomer explosive (mostly anti-infantry). Mines in particular are good for halting and discouraging vehicular incursions. Some creative use of these can be made when donning an Infiltration Suit, allowing you to cloak. This is just one example, anti-vehicular weapons also don't have too much of a learning curve to get good use out of as another.

Vehicles and aircraft piloting mostly emphasised spatial and situational awareness rather than twitch reactions. Where your enemies are and which to target, where your allies are, how much of an anti-vehicular or anti-air presence is there, where are enemy mines likely to be placed... and so forth. There are solo vehicles but these tend not to be the ones which have the most presence on the battlefield. All MBTs, ground transports, assault buggies, bombers, anti-air flak buggies and so forth tend to be made up of one player exclusively piloting with others gunning.

So yeah, there were other things to do out there. As far as the shotgun/explosives go, all empires can access the Sweeper shotgun which is pretty decent though only one gets a heavy shotgun, that being their empire-specific heavy-assault weapon. The Thumper is also available to all, 6-round grenade launcher that can load Plasma, Fragmentation or EMP grenades. Punisher was also nice, a decent assault rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher.

I miss Planetside, if Next successfully picks up on what it's predecessor got right it'd be great.

tl;dr: yes.

Nathantin on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    Also, for all the research they do, they sometimes make some glaring errors.

In one of their videos, he said that 'to play as a designer, you only need to play the first 20mins - 1 hour, because the game gives up all of its design features in that time'. I'm pretty sure that this is why anything they say about specific games is wrong, and why they think Fallout 3 had better writing and a better ending than Fallout:NV.

AnteCantelope on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ...we got it when you guys did. And Yahtzee flat out refused to review it when it came out.

Next time somebody says a joke, look up.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2011
    ...we got it when you guys did. And Yahtzee flat out refused to review it when it came out.

Why would I look at the ceiling when someone tells a joke?

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

So it doesn't go over your head

Turkey on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    So.... Burger Time HD looks super fun.

Sheep on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    So.... Burger Time HD looks super fun.

They really didn't need to jazz it up as much as they did. But I'll give it a whirl.

Henroid on
    edited April 2011
    Turkey wrote: »

Ah.

I did know it was a joke though, I just didn't want "lol Australia delays" to become the topic. But I guess no-one was actually interested anyway, so I shouldn't have bothered!

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Turkey wrote: »

Ah.

I did know it was a joke though, I just didn't want "lol Australia delays" to become the topic. But I guess no-one was actually interested anyway, so I shouldn't have bothered!

Thank god you mentioned Yahtzee, then!

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2011
    Astale brought him up.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We should instead talk about the development of Mother.

http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/04/shigesato-itoi-discusses-mother-4/
    Mother 4 confirmed!
    In your heart!
    ITOI: Well put. Like I said before, I’ve started to grow fond of people who like the MOTHER games, but to put that in a cooler way, I might say, “The very lives you’re living now are MOTHER 4.” I really feel that way. “Today we had lots of ridiculous thoughts, today we felt sadness, today we laughed a lot.” That’s what I had set out to do within the world of those games.
    ITOI: Some people consider MOTHER entries to be big scenario scripts rather than games. But that’s not quite right; they wouldn’t have been interesting at all if they hadn’t been in game form. That’s what they were made to be from the very start, after all. They wouldn’t have been much fun in text form only. In game form, they’re an amalgamation of the ridiculous ideas I sometimes have as a player.

For example, in the Lost Underworld area of MOTHER 2, I portray the large size of the world by making the main characters very tiny. I would give these kinds of ideas to people at the workplace, and after a while of this, other people would start chiming in with other similar ideas of their own. Those links of reckless wildness are what the MOTHER games are built on.

IWATA: I agree. E-mailing game scripts from home wouldn’t have produced those kinds of results.

ITOI: Definitely not. It was because we were always saying, “Boy, this part is bland…” at the workplace that things like the underwater oxygen machines in MOTHER 3 came about.

IWATA: Oxygen machines…?

NAGATA: There’s a section in the game where you travel along the ocean floor. Your breath slowly runs out, so you have to use oxygen machines to replenish your air supply. And, for whatever reason, those oxygen machines are crossdressing mermen who use mouth-to-mouth to give you their air.

IWATA: Ah, I see.

http://earthboundcentral.com/2008/04/itois-thoughts-mar-12-2008/
    Yesterday, for the first time in a while, I spoke with a nice, young researcher about memories I’d already spoken about on many occasions. In particular, it was about when I first showed Mr. Miyamoto at Nintendo my written proposal for a video game. In my mind, I hoped Mr. Miyamoto, who I was meeting for the very first time, would read it and say, “Wow! This is great!” But instead, after reading it, he said in an almost natural manner, “Hmm, I see. We’d need to put this in game form first.” Now that I look back after all this time, his reply of, “We can tell for sure if this will be fun or not once it’s in game form,” seems like the only natural, logical answer possible.

No matter how wonderful a seed may be, it’s still nothing until it’s turned into a flower or fruit or what have you. You can’t say anything for sure until it’s at least started to show its bud. It could wither and die while it’s growing, after all.

Couscous on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well then, Mother 4 has been the most horrible, depressing game I've ever played so far.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited April 2011
    MOTHER is weird, man. I wonder if we'll see it on 3DS VC, since we got some unreleased SNES and NES games on the Wii VC.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I read the word Mother in a game context and instantly thought it was something along the lines of Heavy Rain meets Silent Hill.

Derp?

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2011
    MOTHER is weird, man. I wonder if we'll see it on 3DS VC, since we got some unreleased SNES and NES games on the Wii VC.

Seriously fucking doubt it.

Sheep on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The guy who talks about video game theory is kind of entertaining, sometimes.

Too much navel gazing and too preachy for my taste.

Orca on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Astale brought him up.

I could bring up Patcher instead. Or Kotick. It could always be worse!

Astale on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Iwata: (laughs)

Anyway:
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/04/sakurai_hd_game/
    Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai has been playing Crysis 2, which saw Japanese PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 release on April 1 (the PC version arrives on April 14).

Crysis is of course known for its high quality visuals, and Sakurai seems to be impressed with what he was seeing. Earlier today, he Tweeted "For today's HD games, is it no good if you can't make graphics of this level?"

This comment lead to some back and forth about graphics with some of his followers. One follower, saying that he believed Crysis 2 places importance on graphics over gameplay, suggested that it's okay if you just have "a certain level" of high quality graphics. Sakurai's response was that it's no good for a developer to stop at just "a certain level."

He also added that he doesn't feel the relationship between graphics and game enjoyment is one where reducing your effort in one area will necessarily lead to improvements in the other area. Although it is extremely difficult to excel in both areas making this a rare thing, he said.

To another follower, he said "I'd like to try HD at some point. I wonder if I'll get the opportunity?"

Sakurai is a mutual follower of another major creator, Team ICO head Fumito Ueda. The two shared some comments on Crysis 2 and overseas games. Ueda noted that he's also playing Crysis 2 at present. To this, Sakuari said that he's glad he purchased the Japanese version of the game because the localization is well done. Ueda responded that Sakurai registered him as a friend so he can see Sakurai's play progress. Sakura responded that Ueda sometimes plays software that has yet to be released in Japan. Ueda explained that he sometimes gets samples from some nice people at Sony Computer Entertainment. Additionally, he sometimes manages to get his hands on development versions of overseas titles.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey Ueda

Quit playing Crysis 2

Go make The Last Guardian

UnbreakableVow on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Can we call this a "SAKURAAAIsis"?

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    edited April 2011
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296675/news/madden-creator-sues-ea-for-billions/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS
    Wait, this asn't an April Fools joke?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43800/UK-CHARTS-Crysis-2-still-on-top
    EA's Crysis 2 is No.1 again but Zumba Fitness is this week’s star as it rockets to second place following Wii release

505 Games’ Zumba Fitness has shot up the charts this week just one place behind EA’s Crysis 2 which holds on to No.1.

The second top spot for Crysis 2 represents EA’s sixth No.1 of the year following other titles at the top such as FIFA 11 and Dragon Age II.

But 505 Games saw the strongest growth this week with sales of Zumba Fitness jumping 3,148 per cent week-on-week following the release of the fitness game on Wii. It was released on Xbox 360 in late 2010 and PS3 Move earlier this year.

Zumba Fitness is also 505 Games’ highest ever entry in the chart, with previous bests including Naughty Bear and Cooking Mama at No.5.

Other new releases from EA include Shift 2 Unleashed which debuted at No.4 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 which reaches No.6. Meanwhile, THQ’s new WWE All Stars brawler also breaks into the Top Ten at No.7.

Nintendo’s Pokémon White and Black dropped to No.9 and No.13 respectively, while its evergreen seller Art Academy rose from No.33 to No.9 following a sales increase of 208 per cent.

Here’s the Gfk Chart-Track Top Ten:

1. Crysis 2 (EA)
    2. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
    3. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Activision/LucasArts)
    4. Shift 2 Unleashed (EA)
    5. Homefront (THQ)
    6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (EA)
    7. WWE All Stars (THQ)
    8. FIFA 11 (EA)
    9. Pokémon White (Nintendo)
    10. Art Academy (Nintendo)

Couscous on
    edited April 2011
    http://www.develop-online.net/news/37425/Legal-bid-to-pull-Modern-Warfare-from-Activision
    West and Zampella could co-own the franchise if they win lawsuit, lawyer claims

Activision would lose partial ownership of the Modern Warfare IP if it fails in its legal battle with former employees, reports suggest.

The California publisher is deep in a bitter lawsuit involving a group of former Infinity Ward employees, led by ousted studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West, as well as Rival publisher EA.

Now a lawyer representing West and Zampella has claimed Activision would co-own the Modern Warfare IP if it lost the upcoming court case.

The legal representative, who wasn’t named, told Gamespot that West and Zampella are seeking to invalidate a contract the pair had made with Activision.

“If granted, Activision would co-own the Modern Warfare brand with Vince and Zampella, which would give the two the right to release their own copies of the game,” the Gamespot report read.

The lawyer was also paraphrased as claiming a voided contract “would also give West and Zampella the right to create new games in the Modern Warfare franchise”.

West and Zampella have demanded “in excess of $36 million” from Activision in punitive damages, having been dismissed from the Infinity Ward studio in March 2010. They have been accused of “insubordination”.

Activision recently succeeded in throwing rival publisher Electronic Arts into own counter suit against West and Zampella.

The publisher is suing EA for an extraordinary $400 million, following accusations that the accused had deceitfully tried to hire Zampella and West while they were working for Activision.

Last week West and Zampella added two counts of fraud to their original complaint. The pair claim to have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Activision, but do not believe Activision intended to keep them working at the company.

The pair say they signed a Memorandum of Understanding “under the assumption that they would operate as an independent studio” – something which they believe had not been honoured.

A trial is due to take place later in the year.
    I hope they win and get what they want because it would be hilarious.

Couscous on
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, what? They could legally sell copies of COD:Black Ops if they wanted, or any other game bearing the COD name?

If I was them and won that, I'd sell copies of every COD game activision made as cheap as I could get away with, until Kotick got the message and killed the series on their end.

Astale on
  • SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's just Modern Warfare, not Call of Duty. Probably means they can claim a percentage of profits from existing Modern Warfare games, and can make their own, new entries in the franchise (which, if the IP is co-owned, would mean they need to pay Activision a share of the profits from those).

Seol on
    edited April 2011
    I doubt any future games would require profit sharing. Past games, yes. They would just have the right to develop their own "Modern Warfare" game, sans the Call of Duty moniker.

Sheep on
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, what? They could legally sell copies of COD:Black Ops if they wanted, or any other game bearing the COD name?

If I was them and won that, I'd sell copies of every COD game activision made as cheap as I could get away with, until Kotick got the message and killed the series on their end.

If I understand it, they could get profits from Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. And they could make further titles in the Modern Warfare series. I'm not sure they'd have any rights to MW3.

As I said when I wrote up the story for IG, it's odd because at this point, it's possible that the Call of Duty franchise could survive the loss of the Modern Warfare brand. Prior to Black Ops, I didn't think that was possible. And Activision doesn't seem to be the sharing type.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Meh, I don't like FPS or CoD/MW

But if it means it continues to sink Activision, I say they should win.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

If I understand it, they could get profits from Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. And they could make further titles in the Modern Warfare series. I'm not sure they'd have any rights to MW3.

As I said when I wrote up the story for IG, it's odd because at this point, it's possible that the Call of Duty franchise could survive the loss of the Modern Warfare brand. Prior to Black Ops, I didn't think that was possible. And Activision doesn't seem to be the sharing type.

I agree. Black Ops proved that people want to purchase Call of Duty. Activision could rename MW3 if they wanted to and people would still buy it in the millions and they could still complete the story line.

With all the different things going on with this case it will probably outlast Call of Duty anyway.

AZChristopher on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, the decline game to game since 4 hasn't lowered sales yet, in fact Black Ops did so well partially because they released it on damn near everything.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Activision could probably fund a new franchise that is virtually identical to COD and people will eat it up. They can compete ethier way because of what kind of game we are talking about here. The only ones that will stick with the real COD outright and not consider switching or double buying are the hardcore fans of the franchise.

This is an important court case for plenty of reasons, but we are still going to see COD from both of them regardless of what happens because of the ease by which someone already versed in these things and loaded with dev money can clone COD and make $$$. The former Infinity Ward people can definitely restart the franchise as something else if they lose and will probably do just fine.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2011
    So, Doki Doki Panic was actually a Mario game first and not the other way around like we always thought.

Mind = Blown!
    The prototype, worked up by SRD, a company that programmed many of Nintendo’s early games, was intended to show how a Mario-style game might work if the players climbed up platforms vertically instead of walking horizontally, said Tanabe.

“The idea was that you would have people vertically ascending, and you would have items and blocks that you could pile up to go higher, or you could grab your friend that you were playing with and throw them to try and continue to ascend,” Tanabe said. Unfortunately, “the vertical-scrolling gimmick wasn’t enough to get us interesting gameplay.”

The rapid-prototype development process on display here informs Nintendo’s design philosophy to this day. The company doesn’t begin development with characters and worlds: It starts by making sure that game boasts a fun and compelling game mechanic. If it’s not perfect, Nintendo has no qualms about throwing it out.

Soon after he was hired by Nintendo in the mid-’80s, Tanabe sat down with his boss, Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, to look at this prototype together.

“The game was mocked up (so that) when the player climbed about two-thirds of the way up the screen, it would scroll so that the player was pushed further down,” Tanabe said.

The game-design team led by Miyamoto was tasked with coming up with a game that used this trick of programming. But Tanabe and Miyamoto weren’t too hot on the concept.

While the prototype featured two players jumping, stacking up blocks to climb higher, and throwing each other around, the technical limitations of the primitive NES made it difficult to build a polished game out of this complex action. And playing it with just one person wasn’t very fun.

“Miyamoto looked at it and said, ‘Maybe we need to change this up,’” Tanabe recalled. He suggested that Tanabe add in traditional side-scrolling gameplay and “make something a little bit more Mario-like.”

“As long as it’s fun, anything goes,” Tanabe remembers Miyamoto saying.
    Although the initial concept for the game had been scrapped, the development of that original two-player cooperative prototype inspired all the innovative gameplay of Super Mario Bros. 2, Tanabe said.

“Picking up blocks was the same thing as pulling out vegetables from the ground,” he said. By the same token, picking up the other player and throwing him turned into picking up enemy characters.

Doki Doki Panic was actually part of a deal with the Fuji corporation, in which Nintendo would produce a tie-in videogame for a media-technology expo called Yume Kōjō, or “Dream Factory.” The mascot characters invented for this expo were the stars of the game.

“I remember being pulled over to Fuji Television one day, being handed a sheet with game characters on it and being told, ‘I want you to make a game with this,’” Tanabe said.

Released in 1987, Doki Doki Panic was one of the biggest hits on Nintendo’s Disk System, a floppy drive that worked with the Japanese version of the NES. Since this hardware was not released in America, many Disk System games were ported to standard game cartridges for US release.

“Because we had to make this change, we had the opportunity to change other things” about the game, said Tanabe. “We knew these Fuji TV characters wouldn’t be popular in America, but what would be attractive in America would be the Mario characters.”

Tanabe’s team made many improvements to the original for its American debut, adding more enemy characters, throwing in some visual nods to the Mario games and greatly enhancing the animation and sound effects.

Because one of Mario’s most notable features at the time was his ability to grow and shrink when he ate magic mushrooms, this was added to the game. But the implementation was not without its issues.

“When the characters got shrunk down to a smaller version of themselves, it was easy to sneak through parts of the level that you weren’t supposed to go through, so we made their heads bigger so they would get caught on those things,” Tanabe said.

The enhancements to Super Mario Bros. 2 were so great that the game was eventually brought back to Japan, retitled Super Mario USA.

Crazy.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That doesn't say that at all.

-SPI- on
    edited April 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »

It pretty much states the opposite.
    Doki Doki Panic was actually part of a deal with the Fuji corporation, in which Nintendo would produce a tie-in videogame for a media-technology expo called Yume Kōjō, or “Dream Factory.” The mascot characters invented for this expo were the stars of the game.

“I remember being pulled over to Fuji Television one day, being handed a sheet with game characters on it and being told, ‘I want you to make a game with this,’” Tanabe said.
    That is one crazy tie-in.

The tech demo probably used some generic guy. The tech demo was specifically for a "Mario-style game," not a Mario game. Nintendo did make platformers other than Mario.

Couscous on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Which we already knew.

-SPI- on
    edited April 2011
    It says that this Doki Doki Panic game is basically the Japanese version of Mario. And that it came first and was then modified to be attractive to American audiences. It was never a Mario game that became a Japanese game.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »

It pretty much states the opposite.

That is one crazy tie-in.

The tech demo probably used some generic guy. The tech demo was specifically for a "Mario-style game," not a Mario game. Nintendo did make platformers other than Mario.

The game itself didn't but the idea was tested out as a Mario style game. Close enough. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited April 2011
    UK Chart

Week 13, 2011 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (__) WII Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
    02 (01) 360 Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
    03 (03) PS3 Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
    04 (02) 360 Homefront (Thq)
    05 (__) 360 Shift 2: Unleashed (Electronic Arts)
    06 (04) 360 Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
    07 (__) PS3 Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12: The Masters (Electronic Arts)
    08 (07) NDS Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
    09 (__) PS3 Shift 2: Unleashed (Electronic Arts)
    10 (__) 360 Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12: The Masters (Electronic Arts)
    11 (37) NDS Art Academy (Nintendo)
    12 (15) WII Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
    13 (09) NDS Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
    14 (14) WII Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
    15 (__) 360 Wwe All Stars (Thq)
    16 (11) PS3 Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
    17 (05) PS3 Homefront (Thq)
    18 (10) PC The Sims: Medieval (Electronic Arts)
    19 (06) 3DS Super Street Fighter Iv 3d Edition (Capcom)
    20 (__) PS3 Motorstorm: Apocalypse (Sony Computer Ent.)
    21 (__) PS3 Wwe All Stars (Thq)
    22 (19) PS3 Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Ent.)
    23 (08) 3DS Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
    24 (22) NDS Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
    25 (25) 360 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
    26 (12) 3DS Rayman 3d (Ubisoft)
    27 (34) WII Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
    28 (28) PS3 Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
    29 (24) WII Udraw Studio (Thq)
    30 (30) WII Wii Party (Nintendo)
    31 (27) 360 Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
    32 (__) 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
    33 (35) PS3 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
    34 (16) 3DS Super Monkey Ball 3d (Sega)
    35 (18) 3DS Ridge Racer 3d (Namco Bandai Games)
    36 (33) WII Just Dance (Ubisoft)
    37 (20) 3DS Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever (Nintendo)
    38 (32) WII Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
    39 (17) 3DS Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
    40 (13) PC Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
    France:
    Week 12, 2011

01 (__) [PS3] Crysis 2 - Edition limitée (Electronic Arts)
    02 (03) [NDS] Pokemon White (Nintendo)
    03 (__) [PS3] Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
    04 (04) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
    05 (__) [360] Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
    The limited edition being the best selling game kind of shows how non-limited it is.

Couscous on
    edited April 2011
    Maybe Shiggy couldn't get a vertical platformer going, but Gunpei and Satoru could!

Sheep on