As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hopelessly Late to the Party [Creatures 3]

2»

• Options
    Officer 1BDIOfficer 1BDI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A search brought up this GOG thread, but I've never tried to change the resolution myself so I'm not even sure it's possible.

Re: Server Issues- Unfortunately it often bounces between functioning and down these days. This site used to check the server for users to determine if it was down or not, but I'm not sure if it's still accurate.

One of the best resources for the series right now is the Creatures Wiki. If you're looking for information about a specific COB/agent or a particular genome, this place likely has a page on it somewhere.
    cpugeek13 wrote: »
    Any tips for a beginner?

In DS at least, CTRL+SHIFT+E will drop a ridiculous amount of food from your hand cursor.

Officer 1BDI on
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I've raised about six norns up to adulthood, but they're not mating. Any way to encourage them to do the dirty?

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Barry White and red wine?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Isn't there a type of plant that does it? I'm going way back to my experience of Creatures 1 as a kid. Which came with a floppy disc full of eggs, that freaked me out, I was terrified of my eggs becoming corrupt.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I loved this game.
    I actually ended up a bit emotionally invested in my critters.
    Splicing seemed like a dark game addition.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there any sort of tutorial anywhere?

I fear that Dwarf Fortress was easier to access than this. D:

DracoGriffin on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This helped me a lot, but I'm still not sure I understand what to do. My recycler is at 100% efficiency but I still can't for the life of me get above 300 or so bioenergy, which isn't really enough to do anything with. All of my Norns are dying early, as well. I haven't had one make it past middle-age, and it's getting tiring. They're not even sick, they just all have raised Histamin B levels, and walk around coughing and sneezing until they eventually just give up and keel over. I've seen high Glycotoxin levels in some of them as well, but have no idea where it could be coming from. Ants, maybe? But then how could I possibly prevent that?

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cpugeek13 wrote: »
    So, I've raised about six norns up to adulthood, but they're not mating. Any way to encourage them to do the dirty?

"Push norn" is how you say "do the dirty." I think there are probably foods, medicines (actually, yeah -- check the bridge for a medicine vendor), or other objects that raise their hormone levels. You could also just straight-up inject them with the appropriate chemicals.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This helped me a lot, but I'm still not sure I understand what to do. My recycler is at 100% efficiency but I still can't for the life of me get above 300 or so bioenergy, which isn't really enough to do anything with. All of my Norns are dying early, as well. I haven't had one make it past middle-age, and it's getting tiring. They're not even sick, they just all have raised Histamin B levels, and walk around coughing and sneezing until they eventually just give up and keel over. I've seen high Glycotoxin levels in some of them as well, but have no idea where it could be coming from. Ants, maybe? But then how could I possibly prevent that?

I think playing with DS lets you get around needing powerups and bioenergy and shit. Otherwise, there's a biopellet agent out there somewhere which is just stuff that costs basically nothing to create and gives you tons of energy when you recycle it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I tried a wolfling run, as the kids call it these days.

Few starved to death, few drownings, everyone else killed one way or another by grendels as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to view detailed information about a norn's death? Seems to just zoom to the location of their death when you click the tombstone icon, yeah?

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I haven't played this game in YEARS. I still have the cd in the basement. I played it into middle school and highschool and grew to love the game. I had so many agent files, etc.

I now have a hankoring to play this game again and it's all your fault. Splicing ettins to get males and grendels to get females was wonderful when they'd start to run amok. Also, what was better was when the Norns would get into trouble and their fascination with elevators and ETTINS always wanting to steal everything. Fucking kleptos. (how i hated babies)

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    Officer 1BDIOfficer 1BDI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My recycler is at 100% efficiency but I still can't for the life of me get above 300 or so bioenergy, which isn't really enough to do anything with.

I think playing with DS lets you get around needing powerups and bioenergy and shit. Otherwise, there's a biopellet agent out there somewhere which is just stuff that costs basically nothing to create and gives you tons of energy when you recycle it.

I think you mean the dark matter pellets.
    kedinik wrote: »
    Is there a way to view detailed information about a norn's death? Seems to just zoom to the location of their death when you click the tombstone icon, yeah?

C3 stand-alone was always really frustrating to me because the medical kits from the previous games were transformed into machines that you had to drag the creature to in order to learn about their biochemistry, if/what they were sick with, etc. And if they were dead you were essentially SOL. DS has the Hover Doc (CTRL + SHIFT + H will either bring you to the device or bring it to you; I forget which), which will tell you what a creature's current levels of various chemicals are and what it's ill with if you drop it over/next to the creature in question. Fortunately, it usually works with dead creatures, too.

Officer 1BDI on
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    is anyone else having problems connecting to gamewaredevelopment.co.uk? I hope that site isn't block here in China (don't know why it would be)

Also, is there an easier way to make bioenergy besides recycling stuff? It seems like I always have too little to do anything

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Doesn't bioenergy form over time the better the environments are doing?

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577