As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon Black and White and THREAD ALL OVER

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When should I go to the desert resort? I just got to nimbasa city, but I can only get a few floors down in relic castle before I have to leave and heal, and I don't want to waste all my money on potions.

glithert on
  • mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ninja Edit - you guys are too quick. All my garbage is still up for grabs, I'll need to restock on happiny - people love them xD

I don't have anything super cool in return since I've barely dabbled in breeding, a few awful zoruas/oshawatts ... I do have an army of hatred filled magikarps oh and a supply of white forest stuff like happiny.... if you're into that kind of thing I'm not here to judge.

Send me a PM if ya can
    I forgot about the weirdness in Nintendo Wi-Fi...we couldn't connect - we'd time out when trying to trade. (I jumped out, turned on C-Gear...I'm guessing you had your C-Gear turned on when you went in.)

Resolved! :)

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    just ran across cubchoo for the first time in Black.

wut? really, gamefreak? really?

thats a pretty gross pokemon and the animation makes it so much worse

ObiFett on
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mtjimmer wrote: »
    Ninja Edit - you guys are too quick. All my garbage is still up for grabs, I'll need to restock on happiny - people love them xD

I don't have anything super cool in return since I've barely dabbled in breeding, a few awful zoruas/oshawatts ... I do have an army of hatred filled magikarps oh and a supply of white forest stuff like happiny.... if you're into that kind of thing I'm not here to judge.

Send me a PM if ya can
    I forgot about the weirdness in Nintendo Wi-Fi...we couldn't connect - we'd time out when trying to trade. (I jumped out, turned on C-Gear...I'm guessing you had your C-Gear turned on when you went in.)

Resolved! :)

Hah yeah like I said I was close to givin up, my c gear is always on if I'm around the house, does that make a difference?

Thanks again everyone, time to bust out the ditto harem that will hate all of you and start a new pokefactory.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I really wish there was a stats page so I could know how many times my ferroseed killed an Audino for hp ev purposes.

florada34 on
    LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • mtjimmermtjimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maybe the next time this topic starts, there is something included in the FAQ:

I'm having problems trading in the Wi-Fi room, where the conversations stall out - how can I fix this?
    Both people need to have C-Gear on or off - one person needs to exit Wi-Fi, toggle their C-Gear, then re-enter.

mtjimmer on
    3DS: 4940-5610-9523; Pokemon Safari: [Poison] Gloom, Ariados, Whirlipede
  • TraumaTrauma Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mtjimmer wrote: »
    Maybe the next time this topic starts, there is something included in the FAQ:

I'm having problems trading in the Wi-Fi room, where the conversations stall out - how can I fix this?
    Both people need to have C-Gear on or off - one person needs to exit Wi-Fi, toggle their C-Gear, then re-enter.

Wait, really? Ugh. That probably explains why 75% of my wifi trades work perfectly, but there's that 25% that always lock up or time out after minutes and minutes of waiting.

Trauma on
    DHS wrote: »
    If someone creates a miracle foolproof medicine that is a cure for the common cold, cancer and loneliness but it has the minor side effects of explosive diarrhea, uncontrollable bleeding from the eyes and murder-fugues, that's not a total 'resounding' success.

White FC: 0218 0574 8285
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    where did you hear this, mtjimmer

Nerdgasmic on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    glithert wrote: »
    When should I go to the desert resort? I just got to nimbasa city, but I can only get a few floors down in relic castle before I have to leave and heal, and I don't want to waste all my money on potions.

Don't worry about it. You'll be forced to by the story eventually. Unless you really want a Yamask/Cofagrigus.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no idea what I did, but when I turned Pokemon on today I had 16 boxes instead of 8... Cool.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You get more as they fill up. Or just put one in every box, exit and re-enter.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shall I settle for this Volcarona?

HP: 31
    Att: 31
    Def: 22
    SpA: 31
    SpD: 31
    Speed: 24

100 base speed isn't that fast. Was really hoping for a 31 in speed. But man, they take so long to hatch.

Incidentally, I have 4 or 5 Larvesta with 31s in SPA and random 1-2 others that I can give away. Only a couple are modest but they're all good power item breeding stock.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I think someone was being an asshole when giving pokémon dream world abilities. Kingler doesn't have any awesome STAB moves to abuse Sheer Force with.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How do you get to the dreamworld or that place in the middle of the map?

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I think someone was being an asshole when giving pokémon dream world abilities. Kingler doesn't have any awesome STAB moves to abuse Sheer Force with.

crabhammer/waterfall, but that's like, it.

I'm looking foward to adaptability crawdawnt for my crustacean related carnage

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited April 2011
    From what I saw, Crabhammer is not affected by Sheer Force, but maybe the site was using incomplete data. And it also looks like Kingler cannot learn Waterfall.

Yes, Crawdaunt looks pretty amazing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited April 2011
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    How do you get to the dreamworld or that place in the middle of the map?
    Dream World has been delayed due to the earthquake, so you can't get there yet.

The middle area is part of Entralink, which requires local wifi, I believe.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kingler has rock slide and a bunch of useless special moves that take advantage of sheer force. Crabhammer unfortunately isn't affected.

MiserableMirth on
    edited April 2011
    In other words, pretty much outclassed by Feraligatr.

EDIT: Not even "pretty much." Feraligatr is fucking scary in Gen V.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, DW feraligatr is male only, so no egg or move tutor moves. And probably subpar IVs

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Alright, so the big losses include shit like Dragon Dance and Ice Punch, but he still gets Swords Dance and/or Agility, along with Crunch, Waterfall and Rock Slide.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wait, kingler can't learn waterfall?

that's retarded

everything I am now learning about DW kingler is making me angry

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Where's XoB? This thread is 99 pages long and he should start the new thread.

Or maybe I can do it!

RockinX on
    edited April 2011
    I don't think I can top my old D/P thread, so somebody else do it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    RockinX wrote: »
    Where's XoB? This thread is 99 pages long and he should start the new thread.

Or maybe I can do it!

BOOO

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Elesa: "I'm a Gym leader. I also happen to be a model." <--- Is that a relevant thing to say when you're trying to counsel someone?

RockinX on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kingler has rock slide and a bunch of useless special moves that take advantage of sheer force. Crabhammer unfortunately isn't affected.

I still carry around the Kingler I raised for Deadliest Catch ... it's better now that I gave it Crabhammer (no point in an all water-type tournament that never happened). Also people generally don't expect me to have gone through the effort to give him Rock Slide, let alone Superpower. He's fun until he breaks.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    edited April 2011
    I'm not saying Kingler is terrible, just that he's been given one of the best abilities in the game with precious little to utilize it.

Compare to Crawdaunt, which has plenty of moves to use with Adaptability.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    RockinX wrote: »
    Elesa: "I'm a Gym leader. I also happen to be a model." <--- Is that a relevant thing to say when you're trying to counsel someone?

"I like to pretend to be important."

Mechanical on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So let me get this straight, the Electralizer is found out on Route 13 behind a Cut-able tree, but the Magmarizer has to be given to you by the treasure dude who has ~ 20 different items that he gives at random, once a day?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, so far for me, I haven't gotten duplicate items from that guy. I think you'll eventually get one. Within a month.

Pretty pissed that the flutes no longer serve a purpose other than selling for money.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I understand there are a ton of items they have to fit into the post game, but the fact that they went to the effort to give you an Electralizer on that route but not a Magmarizer is baffling.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ferquin wrote: »
    Well, so far for me, I haven't gotten duplicate items from that guy. I think you'll eventually get one. Within a month.

Pretty pissed that the flutes no longer serve a purpose other than selling for money.

I've gotten a DeepSeaTooth 3 times in a row once.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You can have my Magmarizer. Magmortar is stupid anyway.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited April 2011
    Chen wrote: »
    You can have my Magmarizer. Magmortar is stupid anyway.

Magmortar is my favourite Pokemon. That cuts deep, man.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pringle-mouth. :D

Magmortar hits pretty hard, but yeah. I don't like the design. Electivire is more my speed.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited April 2011
    I will fully admit that Magmortar's face is ugly.

But he has arm cannons (and as we all know, Pokemon with cannons are the best Pokemon) can learn Thunderbolt and has great Special Attack.

Also, Magmar was a cool Pokemon in Blue and a Magby from my Silver version won me the Baby Cup in Pokemon Stadium 2 almost single-handidly.

Finally, I had a Magmortar in my (still missing) Diamond version who was a great ally in the Battle Tower.

Therefore, favourite Pokemon.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Magmar and Electabuzz are both poop. Like from a butt.

Flareon and Jolteon always had my preference. So adorable! Second choices are Ninetales and Raichu. Magmar and Electabuzz are like rock bottom.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited April 2011
    So how about Flareon and Flare Blitz?

Whoops did I just say that out loud?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jolteon -is- adorable, but Quilava is better than Flareon, looks-wise. Ninetales is also pretty great. Never liked any of the Pikachu line, though.

I do like Manectric, though.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991