As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Official "I have extra hotel space available" Thread

• Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That's very odd--I checked and the huge block at the Sheraton is almost, but not entirely, full. You must have had a bad reservation person.

But speaking of hotels: it's very, very important to the future of PAX that PAX get's "credit" for all y'all's* hotel rooms. The convention center allocates space based on how many rooms a particular show brings in. We need more space. Therefore, we need each and every one of our attendee's rooms to be at one of the official PAX hotels, at the official PAX rate.

So, please don't book elsewhere. Please don't use a AAA or other rate. If for whatever reason you don't want to stay at one of the PAX hotels, send me a PM and tell me the hotel you *do* want to stay at, and I'll get in touch and set up a PAX rate with them.

-Mike

* my four years in North Carolina allow me to use this word.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I am just curious, at the Sheraton, is Sunday night after PAX closes shop still entitled to the convention $165 rate? The first few times I phoned they said that it was not eligible, but they messed up my booking... anyways they straightened it out and I ended up getting the 4 nights for the PAX rate. I'm not complaining, just wondering what the agreement on your end is. I don't want them being all 'lol sorry 4th night is full 239 rate' when I get there.

bombardier on
  • Options
    4M3THYST4M3THYST Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh shit! I didn't even specify that with them. I just assumed it was a given! Holy hell!

4M3THYST on
  • Options
    VertigoVertigo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Sheraton
    Date Arriving: 8/23 ~By Train~
    Date Leaving: 8/27 ~By Train again~
    Spots available: 0
    Notes:By Train means that we may make it to Seattle by 9 p.m. on the 23rd or midnignt or later depending on train delays.
    My Gender: Female + Boyfriend
    Your Gender:Don't really care but we would like another couple sharing the room with us. extra friend may be ok.
    Best Contact Method: E-mail
    Cost:Hotel room will be about $763 for 4 nights so that will be split evenly between people in the room.

Vertigo on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    bombardier wrote: »
    I am just curious, at the Sheraton, is Sunday night after PAX closes shop still entitled to the convention $165 rate? The first few times I phoned they said that it was not eligible, but they messed up my booking... anyways they straightened it out and I ended up getting the 4 nights for the PAX rate. I'm not complaining, just wondering what the agreement on your end is. I don't want them being all 'lol sorry 4th night is full 239 rate' when I get there.

FYI: I'm booked over that Sunday night also, and in my e-mail confirmation with all the reservation details it says that each night is $165 (plus all applicable taxes). The total amount even divides out correctly. So you shouldn't have any problems. Seems it is at the discounted rate.

Just to cover my ass though (since I already had a little trouble with this place telling me they were fully booked when they weren't really), I'm taking the printed out e-mail confirmation with me that shows the breakdown I should be getting... lest they do try to upcharge that final night. I don't have alot of faith in them at this point. If they try to pull a fast one on me, I'mma bust out that e-mail and throw an almighty fit, so-help-me-buddha!:P

4M3THYST on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just posting anywhere I can to see if anyone has space left. My boyfriend and I need a place to crash and if anyone still has room, we would be very happy to pitch in our share of the expenses. Please contact me ASAP if interested.

Thanks!:lol:

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    RedRumRedRum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Edit - removed - stupid wrong hotel booking.

RedRum on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    But speaking of hotels: it's very, very important to the future of PAX that PAX get's "credit" for all y'all's* hotel rooms. The convention center allocates space based on how many rooms a particular show brings in. We need more space. Therefore, we need each and every one of our attendee's rooms to be at one of the official PAX hotels, at the official PAX rate.

So, please don't book elsewhere. Please don't use a AAA or other rate. If for whatever reason you don't want to stay at one of the PAX hotels, send me a PM and tell me the hotel you *do* want to stay at, and I'll get in touch and set up a PAX rate with them.

-Mike

* my four years in North Carolina allow me to use this word.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Well Crap. I should have seen that. The officials are sold out - I tried Crown and Sheraton before falling back on the other. Guess I'll back out the post - my apologies!

RedRum on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    RedRum wrote: »
    Well Crap. I should have seen that. The officials are sold out - I tried Crown and Sheraton before falling back on the other. Guess I'll back out the post - my apologies!

Did you call the hotel or just check online? People have been getting more luck when they call. Next update to the PAX site will probably have more hotels for us as well.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    RedRum wrote: »

Did you call the hotel or just check online? People have been getting more luck when they call. Next update to the PAX site will probably have more hotels for us as well.

After finding the online ones booked up (when they weren't a week or two ago) I was really paranoid. I wanted to make sure I got a room for pax, so I booked whatever I could find... I'm pretty sure I can't cancel my room (interweb only rate type thingy... ) which kinda sucks. I wanted an official place, but I'd prefer any place than no place - ya know?

RedRum on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Shoot an e-mail or PM to Khoo or Mike F. and see if they can get a PAX rate for the hotel you're booked at, then call the hotel and switch your reservation to fall under said rate.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Uhh so I'm not familiar at all with the Seattle area, and I need a hotel. Two beds, and smoking preferably, but non is fine too. I'd like to get it as close to the convention center because as I said, not familiar at all with the area. Any help with this would be super.

Javen on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Uhh so I'm not familiar at all with the Seattle area, and I need a hotel. Two beds, and smoking preferably, but non is fine too. I'd like to get it as close to the convention center because as I said, not familiar at all with the area. Any help with this would be super.

Can't help you on finding a hotel, but WA state law basically says no smoking indoors (the exceptions, besides private residences, are very few and far between).

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Shoot an e-mail or PM to Khoo or Mike F. and see if they can get a PAX rate for the hotel you're booked at, then call the hotel and switch your reservation to fall under said rate.

Done, will update with the infos if they add it as a con hotel.

RedRum on
  • Options
    gates_apcogates_apco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What are the other hotels in that neighborhood? The main three are booked solid.

gates_apco on
  • Options
    gates_apcogates_apco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just found this.
    http://www.seattlesports.org/uploads/downtown.pdf
    I hope it helps.

gates_apco on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Actually, it totally does. I'll look up some of those hotels when I get home. Figure I'll start closest to the convention center and work my way back.

Javen on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Date Arriving: 8/23
    Date Leaving: 8/27
    My Gender: Dude
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Notes: I have a King bed. You can sleep on the floor/chair.
    Best Contact Method: PM or Email: hotsake at gmail dot com
    Cost: $50/night

Filled, sorry!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    Methos645Methos645 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Spots available: 4
    My Gender: Guys
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter as long as you are a clean person.
    Notes: We paid for two rooms and my group was only able to fill one. The other room can facilitate four people and there are two beds in the room. First two to sign up and pay get the beds.
    Best Contact Method: PM or Email: tim@arealmanwoulddoit.com
    Cost: $239 per person for all 5 days.

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Date Leaving: 8/26 (checking out on the 27th, I only live a couple hours north)
    Spots available: 1ish
    My Gender: Male/Male/Excited Omeganaut.... also Male
    Your Gender: Don't care (surprise, surprise)
    Notes: Cost is $150 per person for the three nights.

I can actually afford the hotel room on my own so I'm only looking for roomies for the social aspect. Only fun, entertaining and non-smelly people need apply. :P

PM if interested.

***Edit - Two spots have been filled but floor space for 1-2 more may still be available***
    ***Edit - Edit - FULL

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Red Lion on 5th (it's an official PAX hotel now!)
    Date Arriving: 8/24
    Your Gender: Human
    Notes: Cost is $150 per person for the three nights. Room has 2 Queen beds, of which one is mine.
    I strongly prefer 21+ and clean (I will be allowing housekeeping in daily).

Contact Method: PM

EDIT: Filled

RedRum on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I stayed at the other red lion last year. They're nice.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BeyondFrostyBeyondFrosty Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    I managed to find a room at the Sheraton for four nights through Travelocity.ca even though it says it's sold out. I didn't get the PAX rate though as there was no option to enter the code. Still rooms available through that site at Sheraton and Crowne, so try your luck.

BeyondFrosty on
    what you are experiencing is a temporary distortion of reality...
  • Options
    mrfr0gmrfr0g Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hotel/Venue: My Apartment
    Date Arriving: Whenever you arrive is fine
    Date Leaving: Leave within 48 hours of PAX ending
    Spots available: Filled
    Notes: In general I am a trusting person, I would hate to have that broken and my current and future PAX experiences ruined by someone taking my things. So please dont =( Also my apartment does not have any parking available, if you are driving you would have to find a place to park on your own. There are several pay lots around, ranging between 5/14 dollars for the times between 6am to 6pm (business hours). After hours you can park on the street for free, if you find a spot. Please take this in to account.
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Anything, I would just prefer that you be 21+.
    Best Contact Method: You can reach me by e-mail, camden.michael@gmail.com
    Cost: Beer/food

mrfr0g on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Red Lion on 5th Avenue
    Spots Available: 0
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Notes: I currently have an Executive King reserved, so you can either sleep on the floor or if you want I could try and get the reservation changed to a double queen. Also, must be 21 or over, as alcohol will be present and consumed in the room and I'd rather not get picked up for contribuiting to the delinquency of a minor. Thank you.
    Best Contact Method: PM or e-mail at blackdragon1066-at-gmail-dot-com
    Cost: $50 a night.

Edit: Sorry, both spots be gone, better luck next time :)

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MAJOR EDIT: I have changed hotels. The correct information is in a more recent post.

langri on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    mrfr0g wrote: »

Wow... that's so nice of you!

4M3THYST on
  • Options
    Kato_ArabelKato_Arabel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bambooza wrote: »
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    how bout i just show up each night, party, drink the sealab booze, pass out there, leave in the morning, and save my $185/night? :lol: really though, sounds like a great place to crash, if i needed a room, that would definitely be my #1 choice.

Shhhhh your not suppose to give away the secrets in a place where the Moe might read.

It would be a good idea to read the thread I recently posted about partying, mate. It's important.

Kato_Arabel on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I would just have a party out of spite if I wasn't busy working the whole paxtime :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seems to be mostly guys who have space available, so...

If there are any (straight) FEMALES out there who need a place to stay and aren't comfortable boarding with strange boys, I might be able to help you out... just send me a PM. :)

padmeamanda on
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    need a place to stay and aren't comfortable boarding with strange boys

Hopefully you'll get a couple of PMs. There were two different people who expressed that concern to me in regards to my room. At the time there were three of us male geek-types booked into the room and I imagine being outnumbered as such could be rather overwhelming.

Mind you I've always thought your gender was far scarier than mine. :lol:

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, I'm single now, so someone/s gets to crash in my hotel room!

Date Arriving: Thursday or Friday?
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Spots available: Filled =(
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Notes: I have a King bed. You can sleep on the floor/chair/rent-a-bed thingy.
    Best Contact Method: PM or Email: radicalmoof at gmail dot com
    Cost: $50/night

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    mrfr0gmrfr0g Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    4M3THYST wrote: »
    mrfr0g wrote: »

Wow... that's so nice of you!

Not that big of a deal, I'm already there, it's paid for and there is space so... Just hope everyone enjoys PAX!

mrfr0g on
  • Options
    Prof. PanglossProf. Pangloss Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hotel: Day's Inn Town Center
    Spots available: 2?
    My Gender: 2 Male
    Your Gender: Don't Care.
    Notes: 2 People each with a twin bed right now, giving up our floorspace to anyone who really needs it.
    Best Contact Method: Email: caseydotsmith [at] gmail [dot] com (Note: The username is actually correct as is, only actual symbols are in brackets, and not a tactic to evade detection)
    Cost: It'll be between 126.90 and 109.00 a night, make us an offer for a section of floorspace.

Prof. Pangloss on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Sorry for the shameless bump, but the space availability in my room has bounced back and forth in the past week. The listing is a few posts below.

langri on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think you mean above, or rather on the last page for those of us who use default forum settings.
    Here's a link to make things easier.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=2146695#post2146695

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Odd. I never changed the settings from the default.

langri on
  • Options
    TerraFirmaTerraFirma Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Red Lion (free interwebs!)
    Date Arriving: 8/24
    Spots available: At least 2 floor spots, possibly 1 bed (had a couple cancellations)
    Notes: Gotta fill up the room
    My Gender: Male, one friend (female)
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method: nickkb at gmail dot com
    Cost: ~$40 per night with 4 people in the room

TerraFirma on
    I WILL buy a DS Lite for this year. I will no longer be a loner...
  • Options
    Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok so my douchebag friend has bailed on me with very little notice. This brings up the post at hand, i have other friends going so i'll be rooming with them but i have a room reservation waiting. Whas a better choice just cancel the room so its up for grabs or see if i can transfer it to someone in need. The room is at the Sheraton Check in Thursday Check out Monday.

Spots available: Room
    Notes:
    My Gender:
    Your Gender:
    Best Contact Method:

Norm99 on
This discussion has been closed.