As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed: New DLC in March 8th! New SP and MP stuff for $10!

1565758596062»

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rome is quite large and while looting for money still isnt that lucrative you can get materials for shop quests and stuff for yourself now (meds,knives etc) at every loot of a body . I loot everytime now where in 2 I never did.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You weren't kidding Chris FOM :o The gun knife breaks the PSP game harder than I imagined! It's especially funny the way if you attack someone during a scrap with the hidden blade they'll push you back just far enough to be out of the gun knife's dead zone so you can one hit kill them with that.

Nice little game although I am disappointed with the way that Maria is just a helpless hostage being shunted back and forth, sometimes escaping only to be recaptured a minute later. I've gotten used to Altair's new voice actor now at least but that was a shock at first.

Moioink on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Warcry wrote: »
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    Hey, I can finally get Brotherhood now because I finally finished II! It only took me 11 months. Although I suppose I could go back for that last assassin tomb, or the rest of the truth glyphs, or some feathers, or some paintings...

Also, can anyone link me to a good discussion of the ending? Because
    WHAT
    seriously what
    HI DESMOND

Finding all the truth glyphs will help the ending make ever-so-slightly more sense (but only a little). The last assassin tomb is worth it just because a, the tombs are incredibly well-designed and b, the armor of Altair looks badass and never breaks.

Anyway, what I took from II's ending having seen all the truth glyphs (but not yet played Brotherhood, it's on my list but the wife asked that I play something besides AC for a while to give her a break):
    The humans were created by another alien race to act as slaves. The Ones Who Came Before were immensely powerful creatures that created the Pieces of Eden and had at least some ability to see through time into the future. The Truth unlocked when you find all 16 glyphs) shows that Adam and Eve broke out of their slavery and stole an Apple of Eden on their way. They then were the ancestors of a race of free humans, that eventually made war with TOWCB. Harking back to the whole "made in the image and likeness of God" thing from Genesis, TOWCB were every bit as warlike as the humans, and a lot of people died on both sides. Eventually there was an external force that sounds like the sun had trouble, perhaps a massive solar flare. Anyway, the damage was enough to threaten all life on earth, and TOWCB and humans worked together to somehow avert this threat. However, TOWCB were low on numbers and either died out and/or transcended to another plane of existence. It sounds like they kept some guidance/influence over humans, mostly by acting as gods in their various incarnations. In any case, they're long since gone by the time Ezio breaks into the vault in the Vatican. When he gets there, he's told he is in fact the profit, but then is told that like any profit the message isn't meant for him; he's merely to deliver it. Athena (one of TOWCB) knows that Desmond will eventually relive these memories through the Animus hundreds of years later, and therefore speaks her message to Ezio knowing that Desmond will receive it. A similar disaster to the one that threatened humanity and TOWCB previously (the one they worked together to overcome) is imminent, and Desmond is the key to stopping it. So now we're not only worried about the Templars and their tightening grip on all of humanity, but we also need to worry about whatever this coming world-threatening cataclysmic disaster is also.

At least that's how I understood it.

Right on the money.

Cool, thanks.

It's funny, normally I'd fault a game for being so extremely long and sprawling as ACII, but I'm still surprised at how very little of the game felt like filler. Way back when the word on the street was "next-gen games will be priced higher because they will cost so much more to make," this kind of epic, detailed, open-world game is exactly what I dreamed of justifying those higher production budgets. A job well done by Ubi.

Just one thing:
    I don't think TWCB are aliens. I think it's said that they are a species that evolved to sentience before humanity, and modified neanderthals to fit their image and work as slaves. I don't think their from another planet, as if they were they would have left before the Solar Storm hit them.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay what the fuck is this green shit then you die randomly in MP?

Because all it really does is make my cursor linger on the uninstall button.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I would assume that means you have been poisoned.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

That would be poison. Someone got close to you, administered the dose, and calmly walked away without you noticing. Trust me, once you GET poison yourself, you'll have a much more enjoyable time. :D

Take a moment and really look over the OP. I wrote up a lot of useful information that will make MP a lot easier to deal with, especially given the fact that the game does a horrible job at explaining the nuances of MP.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »

That would be poison. Someone got close to you, administered the dose, and calmly walked away without you noticing. Trust me, once you GET poison yourself, you'll have a much more enjoyable time. :D

Take a moment and really look over the OP. I wrote up a lot of useful information that will make MP a lot easier to deal with, especially given the fact that the game does a horrible job at explaining the nuances of MP.
    You might want to also add how to drop firecrackers/smoke bombs off of ledges in your tutorial, since knowing that little tidbit makes firecrackers substantially more useful.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

A scoreboard should not just look like the players levels were sorted in descending order, which was the end result of both matches I played tonight. That's just piss-poor design, IMO, because that makes it pretty clear that minimal skill was actually involved and it was mostly due to the toys that low-level players don't even have access to.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Blue map wrote: »

You might want to also add how to drop firecrackers/smoke bombs off of ledges in your tutorial, since knowing that little tidbit makes firecrackers substantially more useful.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't even know this was possible. Learn something new everyday. :D

A scoreboard should not just look like the players levels were sorted in descending order, which was the end result of both matches I played tonight. That's just piss-poor design, IMO, because that makes it pretty clear that minimal skill was actually involved and it was mostly due to the toys that low-level players don't even have access to.

I agree about the higher level players owning up lower level players hard due to having extra abilities, but the bigger separation of points and skill come from the quality of the kills. Getting large amounts of Incognito kills can be done right from the get go. Personally speaking, the game is only tough until you reach around level ten. When you get there, you'll have two abilities to use per match and access to Disguise and Smoke Bomb, both extremely useful abilities.

Don't uninstall it yet, give it a chance. One thing I did was to play more Manhunt (the 4v4 mode) early on to get used to how the mechanics work and to nab some quick XP (stuns add up a lot in that mode).

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My 'uninstall' threat was definitely some hyperbole to highlight just how bullshit stupid I think it is for me to get utterly destroyed simply because I lack free time.

The bottom line is that this game is doing something that I can't get anywhere else. It's a cat-and-mouse game of hiding in plain sight and that's just...yes.

I just hate that particular aspect of the levelling system. Seriously, could they not start you off with some sort of 'stock' skillset that you can't change to at least give you a fighting chance?

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, higher levels do have an advantage, but it's definitely not insurmountable. When I started out, I almost never won, but I often was quite competitive (second or third place, holding first for some time before the contracts came raining down), just from working on the basics: score good, big kills, be cautious, and be very observant.

Elendil on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's also the fact that poison is the kill method that has the highest point potential, which makes it even more imbalanced vs people who only have low lvl skills.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yea, the level system is kind of bs. I think they should really have a mode that matches you in levels.

At the very least, I hate how I can join an alliance game, be level 22, and there are 2 guys at level 50 and 3 at level 3. The level 50 guys team up and rampage. Is that fun for them??? I'd think they'd want some competition.

streever on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I totally think there should have been a nice base pool of skills to choose from, not unlike how the Call of Duty series works. At the very least, Disguise, Sprint, and Smoke Bomb should have been available from level 1.

BTW, I'm gonna start a new thread soon so don't anybody get crazy and create a new thread on me. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    BTW, I'm gonna start a new thread soon so don't anybody get crazy and create a new thread on me. :)

Have at it. That is a power and responsibility I do not want or need. Hah.

Also I'm pretty far into Brotherhood's SP and I'm not looking for spoilers, but I just want to say if this Christina storyline doesn't end happier than how it just left off I'm going to be sad.

Yes, I'm aware it's a flashback (ie we know the future), and that the icon is a broken heart, but still, a big downer storyline isn't something I want or that Ezio deserves.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    NEW THREAD HERE!

Please make sure to post or PM me tactics, both general and advanced, to improve the MP section of the OP. THANKS!!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page