As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokemon Thread I: The Return

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I have a female Japanese charmander

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    who wants to battle

Nerdgasmic on
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I don't know much

but I do know the game generates "rng seeds" every time you start up the game

you want to hit a shiny seed in order to get a shiny egg

but since it's random, it could be in 500 eggs or on the next one

the RNG can also be abused in emerald and gen IV because of the way the seeds work (it's always zero in emerald, and it's based on time, date, and the number of frames before you enter the game world) and the way the RNG advances (consistently every frame in emerald; triggered by certain events, many of which can be triggered by the player, in gen IV)

people will hate you for doing it, and it never worked any better for me in Gen IV than plain old soft-resetting because i couldn't get my times consistent to within a few-millisecond range, but the option is there and there is (i think) an entire subforum dedicated to the subject on smogon if you're interested (if not there are definitely a handful of threads)

however, i have no idea whether or not they've yet cracked or even scratched the surface of the gen V RNG

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Vaporeon is the best until the Dragon or Steel Eevee comes out
    there had better be an evolution for every type including Normal

Did someone say fan art?
    2a542d9f5d7178428ab6709ecb20465c.png And also this.

i need the full size of that first one STAT

gotta see them sprites~

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
    edited April 2011
    mizuumi

let's fight

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    i have

no team

i have invested far more time into browsing through pokemans on bulbapedia and making that trainer sprite that will never be finished and breeding slowpokes and selling them on the black market than i have to actually making a team

Vemot-shobon.gifV

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
    edited April 2011
    I

you have no idea how disappointed I am, mizuumi

you are disgrace unto the face of reuniclus

hand in your gun

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    gun? hah! I don't need any gun!
    I put a pokemon in the chamber and I pull the fucking trigger.

BLAM!

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
    edited April 2011
    what are you still doing here

get out

Nerdgasmic on
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    gun? hah! I don't need any gun!
    I put a pokemon in the chamber and I pull the fucking trigger.

BLAM!

best of both worlds:

PfJXA.jpg

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    have you guys seen this stuff?
    Akai-Tera-Pokemon-Epic-Realistic-Pokemon-Reimaginingsteelix-gym-leader-jasmine.jpg

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited April 2011
    I've seen some by what I presume is the same artist, though that one is new to me

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Before I leave the wonderful land of wifi, is there anyone currently on/able to trade who's got a spare female DW Poliwag?

I remember Fresh getting one, but I don't remember if he ever bred it

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jasmine is so happy in that picture.

Also I always found it odd that Jasmine would be the first Steel gym leader, because she's all unassuming and you figure it'll be a grass gym or something then BAM FUCKING STEELIX ALL UP INS.

On another note, I have to breed/train a Ferrothorn and Lucario and then my gym will be ready.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love that artist's take on magnemite

little floating eyeball sentries

BugBoy on
    edited April 2011
    their nidoking I'm not to fond of, but I dig that golem and dugtrio

xd2WI.jpg

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And a Mewtwo in there as well.

I am trying to catch them all (or at least all the ones I can catch in Black) is this a good idea y/n?

Goose! on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fuck you, Audino, get out of my shaking grass.

Goose! on
    edited April 2011
    does anyone want to battle

Nerdgasmic on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I'm on Route 15, and I may have prevented myself from getting an item. I pushed a boulder too far, and don't they stay pushed in this game? Do I need to reset?

Jimothy on
    edited April 2011
    try leaving the route

I don't think you can lock yourself out of anything

Nerdgasmic on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    if you leave and reenter it should go back where it originally was

as far as I know pushing them into the holes where they are intended to go is what the permanent thing is

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    anybody got any tips on breeding shinies? Should I not turn the game off? Should I get like a hundred eggs and then hatch them all? Is there a chance the track could bend?

You have an international pokemon, ditto being easiest obviously, right? Because that makes it like 4 times easier

Well here's what I did for the shiny roggenrola. Got a litwick with flame body to halve hatching time and made him the only pokemon in my party. Gave the pokemon to the day care lady, and then just rode back and forth on the bike, collecting the eggs from the old man when he calls you. Doing this should keep you supplied with enough eggs to always have a full party. As soon as one hatches, deposit it in the pc and talk to the day care man to check if he has an egg (if a pokemon is holding an egg and your party is full he won't call you over).

Rinse, repeat.

I personally turned my game off and saved multiple times. Got my shiny after about 20 boxes or so.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I figured it out. Thank though.

Jimothy on
    edited April 2011
    dichot, do you want to battle

Nerdgasmic on
  • Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am down for some battling, Nerd. Let us see who is most terrible.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
    edited April 2011
    I'll see you on

Nerdgasmic on
  • Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good game. That last Dragon Pulse freaked me out when it was a critical. Yay for surviving wih 18 HP.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
    edited April 2011
    yeah, that was a good match

thanks for the fight

Nerdgasmic on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can you only trade for Pokemon you've seen on the GTS? Trying to get a Rufflet, but I can't find a trainer with one in Black.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited April 2011
    Can you only trade for Pokemon you've seen on the GTS? Trying to get a Rufflet, but I can't find a trainer with one in Black.

That is indeed the case. You could have one of mine. Especially if you have the equivalent vulture-thing.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I didn't know that not only do you have to beat the game and watch the credits, the game forces you to save before you can check Reshiram's nature? Did I damage my save data when I shut it off in shock, when the message "don't turn off, game is saving," popped up?

silence1186 on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    possibly?

BugBoy on
    edited April 2011
    I know that in Platinum it auto-reverted to the last usable save if yours got damaged in some way. So, hopefully it still does that?

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
    edited April 2011
    so is anyone actually interested in that mystery dungeon livestream let's play thing i mentioned earlier?

i've been figuring out how to go about recording gameplay without melting my laptop and making awful choppy videos and record ventrilo conversations and things, and i think i could make it work (once i stop being sick and my voice comes back) if people are willing to participate

but, like i said before, it's perfectly possible that this will turn out to be a terrible idea, i won't pretend otherwise

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
    edited April 2011

That is indeed the case. You could have one of mine. Especially if you have the equivalent vulture-thing.

I've got Vullaby, the pre-evolution to the vulture. Up for a trade?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited April 2011

I've got Vullaby, the pre-evolution to the vulture. Up for a trade?

Sure. Just gimmee your code and I'll get in the room.

edit: I am stupid. Heading there now.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Yay, my first trade! Thanks Lemon!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited April 2011
    Pleasure doing bird business with you.

Rogue Lemon on
    Tentaclemon.jpg
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just caught Cobalion using only a single dusk ball.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
This discussion has been closed.