As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You should have all the awesome random shit

gotta get them crit yellows and blues

gotta get dem flat ad yellows and blues

gotta get both flat and per level mana yellows, blues and quints JUST BECAUSE

WHERES UR CRIT DAMAGE SON

idk

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Unless you buy more rune pages, I'd really go for for the main 2/3 sets you want. I have more runes than I can keep rune page setups for, and I have 6 pages, it can be annoying if I don't plan my champion selection ahead.

Nisi on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Where is your full page of AS runes

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All mana non-reds give you close to 300 mana at the start?

That's like

An extra 30 damage for ryze

WHAT

Combine that with a mana crystal and that stupid skill from utility tree (which is 5% of base mana) + Sapphire crystal

Ryze would have 800 starting mana

hruhgrlgrlgrhgrlg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes, those! I do need those so I can play GP. I've been wanting to play him for a while, but always knew that I would need crit runes.

Edit:

Nisi, I have 10 pages. I used some RP to unlock them. And by some, I mean a whole fuckload.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So lifesteal doesn't work on Judgement. That makes me sad.

I also wish Crit dmg runes weren't so stupidly expensive. I want to Shaco but I want to do it RIGHT.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have a full page of cooldown runes. Doesn't everyone?

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have not played much corki because I don't own him and he seems hard to play, but I have never seen people die that fast before.

Jars on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I bought flat damage quints to use with Ez and Caitlyn.

They're pretty fun.

Shamus on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the fact that some people still think shen isn't broken

is insane

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    the fact that some people still think shen isn't broken

is insane

Not broken.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Get damage reds to go with your quints

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Eh I got the reds, but use armor pen. I like having 70 attack with a Doran's tho'.

Shamus on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The ELO reset is coming!

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sometimes Shen can be a pain... Other times I feel so accomplished by making one rage because you charge/murder him during his ult teleport animation to go outnumber and gank your teammates across the map.

I can't think of anything in the game more satisfying than that

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So I was watching Kiruur stream and in an ARAM game a Jax tries to jump on one of her teammates and their Janna had a tornado going and Jax passes over it mid air and gets knocked higher into the air and doesn't complete his jump.

Was pretty funny to watch. Wonder if that's a bug.

Not a bug, knockups, taunts, stuns etc can grab you mid jump and drop you where you were hit.

I did have a funny one where i got knocked up by two knockups and I managed to flash. What happened is I literally disappeared for 5 seconds. I literally did not exist for 5 seconds on my screen till I magically reappared next to my tower.

It was odd.

Draygo on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yesterday we had a Chogath rupture Tristana all the way up to the moon! And halfway up I grabbed her as Blitzcrank and it was like I had pulled her all the way back down from the sky.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Yesterday we had a Chogath rupture Tristana all the way up to the moon! And halfway up I grabbed her as Blitzcrank and it was like I had pulled her all the way back down from the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Rl1tO7gyE

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the best is stunning pantheon right as he jumps. he goes up, he comes down in the same spot.

Jars on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vorlord come back I'm sorry I'm bad at Olaf : (

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've died mid-Jump a few times with Tristana

Corpse falling out of the sky

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Vorlord come back I'm sorry I'm bad at Olaf : (

Sorry for raging at you guys, was just getting too frustrated and had to log off to cool down.

I'm pretty competitive and most of the time will want to try hard to win the game, so I'm not going to be happy if people pick champs they haven't played before, or do silly builds, and we wind up losing.

But, that's no excuse for acting like a dick, so I'm sorry about that.

OremLK on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dear god , Malzahar hits so hard...and farms so well and all his spells have synergy and he can combo all of them . Why was I not informed of this earlier!?

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have somewhat of performance anxiety problem playing with PA people. I really want to proved to you guys that I am pretty decent at this game and be invited to more arranged games. But this drives me to playing poorly or just okay.

I have over all record of 144/126 mostly of these are from solo queue so... I am not that bad, really! :( Oh the pressure!

This is one reason I don't pick a new champ I've never played before. And usually pick someone I feel confident playing.

AhiMahi on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can you play better than Mooman?

[Y] [N]

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    I'm pretty competitive and most of the time will want to try hard to win the game, so I'm not going to be happy if people pick champs they haven't played before, or do silly builds, and we wind up losing.

But, that's no excuse for acting like a dick, so I'm sorry about that.
    I find it's pretty easy to shelve my competitive side if I know, going into a game, that it's going to be a kickabout rather than an actual match.

It's just when it seems like it's going to be a real game and then people just can't build items well that it's really frustrating.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well the problem that game was that before we started I said I wanted to tryhard and asked if we were going to and a couple people said yes, then Whiteshark played first ever game on Olaf and we also had three Rod of Ages Teemo :? So I was kinda frustrated to lose that especially when I played a really good game and crushed mid lane.

But like if we all agree at the beginning we're going to do copy the pubby or whatever stupid game you want to play then yeah I can put aside the competitiveness.

OremLK on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dear god , Malzahar hits so hard...and farms so well and all his spells have synergy and he can combo all of them . Why was I not informed of this earlier!?

I said Malz was great at all of that a few days ago and once he has blue buff he cant be stopped in a lane.

Guess you missed my post :P

I shelved Renekton for now anyway. I got Maokai and enjoying him as well as Malz since i got him a few days ago as well

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I always tryhard in my games, i hate losing :\

During lunch break I went home and gave Mundo a spin since i never really used him

Spirit Visage, merc treads, sunfire cape, then i was working on phantom dancer and the game ended.

They were mostly AD except Singed

I went like 4-2-8 and game ended before i had to leave for work :)

Ive been winning all my lanes recently in all my games in the last few days, it has been great.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    howmanysecondsdidittake.jpg

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It . . . It took me eight seconds to understand what I was seeing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    its one sexy body...part huh

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So what are the Ryze runes of choice?

Going by the math it looks like mana per level blues and quints should be good, then achieve max CDR through items/elixirs/blue buff.

How about reds and yellows? Probably mpen reds right?

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I think that's right.

Tiny Angry Crab has a page called RAIZ which I think is optimal and is what I would use if I spent IP on runes/runepages.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Played a few games as Shen

I think he is my favorite so far

Considering I've only played a total of about 5 champs

I enjoy how durable and versatile he is. Mordekaiser was cool, but just less active.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Having trouble sealing the deal from turning Junglewick into Gankwick.

It's about 50-50 what happens in games:

Game Type 1: Golem Twins -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Golem Twins -> Wriaths -> Wolves -> Blue Golem. This usualyl nets me level 6. However, I have to take over top or mid in the middle because Ashe decides to tower dive or Teemo sudden feels like a meatshield. This nets me the extra XP I need to keep a lead most of the game. I find that as long as I have about a level lead on everyone, I can successfully gank the shit out of the opposing team and have enough money to build Gankwick into TanknGankwick.

Game Type 2: Same as before, but everybody else just seems to rack up the levels quicker than I can. Because of this, I'm consistently 2-3 levels behind the entire game, and get manhandled by opponents on a regular basis.

I feel it's pointless to exit the jungle before 6, since I can't really lock anyone down without my Ult. That being said, should I be laning WW after 6? (Also, I find I'm a monster with the blue buff, but a one trick pony without)

My best game yet was when I was about 2 levels higher than everyone else because of an early gank on Ryze and Tristana. As a result of this, got my Madreds early, started eating things, wound up with Bloodrazor, Mercs, SV, GA, Wit's End, Bloodletter?Bloodcleaver?The one that builds off of the B.F Sword. I am a big fan of that build. I was ripping shit apart with that. Could chase shit past 3 towers and come out alive. My favorite though was when the enemy Shen ult'd his Miss Fortune when he himself only had about 10% health. He appears, Q him. W MF through her shield, Q her. Nom nom nom nom Double kill. I love how stupid people are in low level queues.

I'm in the middle of a game right now as I write this waiting to respawn from my 1st death while our Shen, Olaf, and Tryndymere have racked up a combined 38 before the 25th minute. I want to murder these kids. They tower dive with low health at every opportunity they possibly can. Me and the other guy have initiated Surrender votes every 3 minutes, we're down to our base left, and only the top and mid towers down thanks to me and Ashe. FML. The other team thinks they're trolling, but watching how they play, I think they're genuinely retarded. (IE: Olaf runs back to the base, but doesn't heal up, in order to go into a new lane, as if you can't cross the jungle.)

One more Ninja edit while I sit here waiting for annihilation. Fighting back is pointless anymore. I want to see the following enacted to combat troll teams of 2-3 people that suppress surrender votes?

- Has 15 Minutes Passed? Check
    - Do you account for less than 10% of team deaths? Check
    - Does your team have a combined total of 30 deaths? Check
    - Have two surrender votes failed? Check

Congratulations! You are eligible to defect! You will receive a score as if you surrendered at the point of defection, however, you will now be transferred to the opposing team to join their forces!

Priest on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so I decided against my better judgement to play a game of jax

27/7/11

the pax skin, it is empowering

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I personally prefer going Blue, Wolves, Wraiths, Golems, Red which takes you to level 4 at a little short of the six minute mark IIRC

At this point you're looking to assist in a gank before heading back for a Madred's Razor

It's also your job as jungler to kill the dragon at absolutely every available opportunity. WW can do it at 4 with just Madreds and Red buff and possibly a health pot, but it's slightly chancey and I prefer to wait until 5 (Though I also don't have my ArPen marks, so maybe that would make enough of a difference to smooth the fight out)

As soon as you hit level 6 you should be able to gank with impunity. You shouldn't be laning, but warding and roaming between lanes to gank at this point, grabbing red buff when you can and possibly helping someone else on your team grab blue.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Defection would be very helpful for the 9 vs MooMan inhouse that would immediately follow after it was implemented.

If I ever get as mad at a game as you appear to be now because it is utterly utterly unwinnable then I generally go and make a cup of tea.

Not running through your own jungle is a pretty sensible idea when the opposing team has map control though.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel