As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Nobody at my level of play scouts at all.

My record win streak was just going fast banshee, if they had sent scouts it would have been completely obvious to them. But I guess that's just because of bronze.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    sumwar wrote: »
    For those commenting on idra vs cruncher tsl ro32, remember he was playing before the infestors got buffed.

This is a thing I've been hearing. Has anyone actually tried the new infestors vs protoss death balls? Does it actually work? I'd like to see an example.

TheBog on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    qxc's Banshees have killed like...every probe ever.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    qxc's Banshees have killed like...every probe ever.

"Looks like this banshee has 21 kills, that makes her a commander... any other job and she'd be a serial killer."

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    dat harass

815165 on
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    qxc has obviously been studying Adel's replays; the last two games he went with builds designed to counter his 1gate FE into 3gate forge. I'm curious how he will follow this up.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Watching these tournaments always gets me really hyped up about Starcraft 2, and then I remember that my computer probably has no chance of running it, and by the time I have a good enough computer later on this year, most players will probably be a hell of a better than they are now, making it even harder to get started.

Ach well.

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry about that Bio, there is a reason the league system is in place. You will always be able to face people that are at the same skill level as you.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nah, at worse you'll get put in low leagues with the other newbies while you start. It's never a bad time to start Crafting Stars :D

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Nobody at my level of play scouts at all.

My record win streak was just going fast banshee, if they had sent scouts it would have been completely obvious to them. But I guess that's just because of bronze.
    repimg-33-202376.jpg

Here's a game where I feel like I'm scouting as much as possible and miss the fucking thing I should be scouting. Then I bank a shitload of minerals like a terrible and win anyway. Fuck platinum.
    Biosys wrote: »
    by the time I have a good enough computer later on this year, most players will probably be a hell of a better than they are now, making it even harder to get started.
    The great thing about the matchmaking in SC2 is after your first 5-10 games you have a real chance to win EVERY game you play because you only play people that are as good as you.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    AdelScott has the worst Colossus control I have ever seen o_O

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Holy shit, that call to suicide the vikings when he got all stalkers to go for the medivac was brilliant, and then sniping the last colossi with marauders.

And his harass is a thing of beauty.

QXC is such a joy to see play.

but wtf adelscott should realize colossi are really expensive.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay I thought QXC was obviously winning and then got distracted and suddenly QXC lost ?

Walrus von Zeppelin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Despite losing a million Collossi and being down in upgrades, Adel somehow still crushed qxc. It was interesting.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    qxc kept sacrificing a ton of stuff to kill collosi. Like chill said, eventually he just got overrun by the mass of gateway units, since he didn't have the strong backbone of an army.

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Imba :D

No just kidding, I missed the last game.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    QXCs style is insanely risky and volatile, he basically blew too much resources on harass, there were a few drops that were almost completely denied.

Sometimes the other player just has a huge army and rolls all over you, which happened this time around. Adelscott scouting the expo helped as well, I wonder if he was expecting it, or if he was just placing stalkers there to intercept possible drops.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Because Protoss are imba, duh :P

(this is a joke)

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So I've been trying Spanishiwa's no gas FE for ZvP and ZvZ.

It is marvalous, and quite my style honestly. I've incorperated some of the ideas into my personal ZvT play as well.

But in ZvZ it was incredible. I held off a ling/bling allin on Shakuras (like 6 banes and maybe 20 lings) and all I had was 2 lings, 1 (with 2 more built a little while after they arrived) and 4 queens. I didn't even lose a single drone, it was amazing.

i keep hearing this spanishiwa's open, does someone have a link to it.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207017

Interesting, I've been opening a lot like this lately and it's been mostly working well. I don't think I have the balls to do it in ZvZ unless I'm on tal'darim something similarly huge since I just get murdered by fast pools to often.

I still need to figure out a better way for me to handle voidrays as a lot of my games lately have either been, light pressure into like, 4 voidrays or mass zealot warp-ins. I think on the zealot side I just need to be more proactive about throwing down a couple spine crawlers.

if you catch whiff of VRs and are unprepared for an aerial assault, drop a hydra den, build as many extra queens as you can, and if you still have minerals left over, drop an evo and some spores. Hydras are the only unit who's tech building will build fast enough (40s den, 100s spire) before you're in a world of hurt, plus the gas costs aren't too constraining vs. mutas/corrupters. the extra queens should come online just after the hydra den finishes (50s queen time) and you're existing and new queens should be able to hold off the VRs until the hydras pop.

if the question is mass zealots, the answer is a bunch of banelings.

I'm looking at the Spanishiwa build, and it seems really interesting, I'm not too concerned about the lack of gas, and reliance on queens and crawlers for early game defense, but I'm so hesitant to drop a hatch first, because if there's something stupidly early incoming, at least i have a chance with a couple lings and a queen.

I think that I may try it as written, but I may have to add up times and costs for hatch->pool->queens, as opposed to pool->queen->hatch and larvae production rate, or i guess the measurement is 2 base saturation rate. It looks like the build's goal is to minimize time to mineral saturate 2 bases, and the creep spread, extra queens for easy expanding and crawlers are nifty extras because you'll have so damn much mineral income.

its an extremely interesting open, i may have to seriously mathcraft this one a bit to see if his open is... "optimal".

Kambing, you up for some number crunching on this with me?

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How the fuck did AdelScott have an expansion AND more units than qxc o_O

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I just lose games for so many reasons, when I focus on macro I lose to an all in, when I focus on micro I lose the macro war. I just need a higher APM, better game knowledge and...well that is everything in the game I think.

wow, chill. focus on one thing at a time. improve that. pick the next, improve that.

you're playing P? get thee a proper 4gate ingrained into your fingers.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    QXC seems to just leave the dropping medivac in place, letting it be sniped.

Like that just happened, he took out the forge and knew his units were gonna die. No need keeping the medivac there anymore.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man how do you even stop AdelScott's style.

It's so gross.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Finally!

Bathroom break, yay!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Siege tanks should be beastly against it.

Don't know though, I love gateway heavy play, and I really should try to learn it properly.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MMMig wrote: »
    Finally!

Bathroom break, yay!

This made me think of Deadpool. Too much mvc3...

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Where is all of waks awesome SC2 art?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Husky is impressing me with his casting. Chill, too.

They're doing pretty well!

Still no TotalBiscuit or Day[J]Wheat, but pretty good!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Could someone recap game 5? Missed it.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I like Chill.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    Early expand from Adelscott with agression from QXC. A few pulled probes and a forcefield let adel kill the bunker and troops rather easily, giving him an early lead.

QXC then dropped twice and pretty much got denied, only killing a forge while losing 2 medivacs and the troops with them, at which point adel had a third and rolled him with a massive gateway army.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Early expand from Adelscott with agression from QXC. A few pulled probes and a forcefield let adel kill the bunker and troops rather easily, giving him an early lead.

QXC then dropped twice and pretty much got denied, only killing a forge while losing 2 medivacs and the troops with them, at which point adel had a third and rolled him with a massive gateway army.
    Awesome, cheers.

815165 on
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's so gross.

Just a guess, but I would assume QXC's drop play might not be good against Adel's style. It means that QXC is constantly losing units trying to snipe tech, which means he never gets a critical mass of rax units, plus he keeps losing medivacs. When Adel finally pushed he was sooo far ahead in food, b/c QXC kept throwing his units away. If they were even in supply, I think QXC should win out vs pure gateway, b/c he would have that critical mass of units.

Maratastik on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Awesome, cheers.

I would reccomend watching it actually, that was a *very* undetailed overview :P. And it was a pretty good game.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Olorin wrote: »

It's so gross.

Just a guess, but I would assume QXC's drop play might not be good against Adel's style. It means that QXC is constantly losing units trying to snipe tech, which means he never gets a critical mass of rax units, plus he keeps losing medivacs. When Adel finally pushed he was sooo far ahead in food, b/c QXC kept throwing his units away. If they were even in supply, I think QXC should win out vs pure gateway, b/c he would have that critical mass of units.

I think better drop play would have been effective. If you saw Select play against incontrol at MLG you could see the difference between Select and qxc's drop play.

Enigma435 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Reappeeerrrr

I wish they were more useful :( I love Reaper openings.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anybody got a link to AdelScott's BO/ anything about his style? Not able to watch the games right now, but I still wanna know what the build is.

Impyrocker on
    1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    lol did husky just call chill sean?

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to AdelScott's BO/ anything about his style? Not able to watch the games right now, but I still wanna know what the build is.

Basically he just expands a lot and gets a TON of warpgates. Heavy focus on low gas, high upgrades.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wow, Kas is super super good.

3cl1ps3 on