As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
More chatting. 4.1 in two weeks? I dunno.

belligerent on

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not if they keep adding new UI features every other week.

Feels like this patch is taking forever.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not if they keep adding new UI features every other week.

Feels like this patch is taking forever.

[Added a new feature that allows added features to add new features when a new feature has added its' new features new feature.]

It's seriously getting old.
    It's like when they told us 4.2 would be JUST the raid, they meant literally. JUST. The raid.
    Nothing else. No UI updates. No tweaks. No fixes. JUST the raid.

Which means we'll get 4.1 late summer and 4.2 a week and a half later because it's already fucking done.

The Muffin Man on
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blizzard split 4.1 and 4.2 instead of just making one big patch because they wanted quicker smaller updates. Well they're smaller, but I don't know about quicker heh.

sumwar on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    sumwar wrote: »
    Blizzard split 4.1 and 4.2 instead of just making one big patch because they wanted quicker smaller updates. Well they're smaller, but I don't know about quicker heh.

Valve syndrome.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Last night I rolled up a character on Moon Guard to immerse myself on the server and actually get involved with people there (since low level characters are big, flashing warning signs of trolls (edit - and that's not to say I'm there to troll, what I mean to say is people won't interact with low levels characters... unless they're morons)). I bounced him up from 13 to 27 today so far.

Probably around WotLK content I'll start pulling up more stories from the things I see / experience there. Story time yay.

Henroid on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    sumwar wrote: »

Valve syndrome.

This is green.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Brack indicated that patch 4.1 is roughly two months away. "We've started to put a build up on the PTR [Public Test Realm] so that players can take a look at it. Usually we're on the PTR for six to eight-ish weeks, plus or minus four weeks I would say. So that's probably where we are in terms of the development of 4.1."
    This was from early March, so it'll hit sometime within the next three weeks or so. Figure on another 4-6 weeks after that for 4.2.

Halfmex on
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So my new laptop should be here when I get back from training on the 20th. Then I can get back to playing in earnest.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just want to run ZA. I don't care about any of the other crap they feel they need to fuck with. Just let me kill trolls already!

Rizzi on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I tried forgetting about 4.1 patch so that it would seem like it would be released before I knew it. But even that tactic fails, maybe I should just equate 4.1 with HL2:EP3 or Duke Nukem Forever (I guess I can't use that one anymore eh?).

Tyberius on
    edited April 2011
    Got to heal this guy in regular Lost City last night, who did surprisingly well despite his tank spec being 41/0/0 with Unholy glyphs. His Frost spec is equally perplexing.

The talent trees must still be confusing people if they're doing this?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I find it odd he's in a level 22 guild and no one has given him advice on his spec and glyphs.

JustinSane07 on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maybe they don't pay too much attention to the guy named Purplehaze. Kinda like how I didn't expect much from the DK named Nipplez.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Or it's just one of those "We will recruit literally anyone and everyone" guilds that just has a billion fucking members.

The Muffin Man on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was once in a guild that raided 25 man content in TBC. Once my wife, myself, and a couple friends joined, we helped them progress about halfway through Hyjal and BT, and they were that kind of guild. We ended up having to leave because I rubbed them all the wrong way because I was willing to actually suggest that people do fights the right way, spec the right way, etc.

Just saying, there are tons of guilds that don't expect anything out of their members, so wouldn't tell a guy if his spec wasn't right or whatever.

Joshmvii on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    lol, looking at the guy, I can't say it's terrible. I mean, It's not a cookie cutter spec, but what's he really missing out on? lichborne? I never use that in 5 mans. so maybe virulence and or whatever. 41/0/0 isn't completely terrible as he gets basically all of the survivability talents.

Okay, so PVP gear. That's not great, but he is reforging for avoidance when he can. So at least he knows he can reforge.

I'm sure he just forgot about the glyphs. Except for the ghoul one, probably thinks that's okay.

Not the very worst tank I've ever seen. Wouldn't want him to be mine, but I'd probably pull him through it okay.

belligerent on
  • IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got to heal this guy in regular Lost City last night, who did surprisingly well despite his tank spec being 41/0/0 with Unholy glyphs. His Frost spec is equally perplexing.

The talent trees must still be confusing people if they're doing this?

I dunno, I think people either just click stuff to get to stuff they want or copy something they found on the internet if they have no idea. I had a warrior tank awhile back who was still switching stances to charge and had warbringer. I also think people copy raid specs/glyphs when they'll never step food out of a 5-man and that bothers me even more.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
    edited April 2011
    There's nothing wrong with using a raid spec in a 5 man. Usually a raid spec just means you took maximum survivability talents if you're a tank, which is not a bad thing. It's obviously not necessary for 5 mans to have a perfect spec, but it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Joshmvii on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Had to heal a tank once who didn't spec into Improved Blood Presence.

It was pretty much the worst thing.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I guess I'm going to have to start inspecting tanks at the beginning of an instance. I had to heal a dk who was not only frost spec'd, but was using frost presence and got snarky when I asked if he'd change to blood.

I was sorely tempted to vote kick him and leave if that didn't work, but it was VH and you can't really stop to wait for a new tank or healer so that'd leave the dps up shit creek without a paddle.

For added awesome he said he'd only change presences if someone could out dps him on the next boss and in lieu of thanking everyone for the group at the end he posted recount and left.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    edited April 2011
    And that, my friends, is why the internet can't have nice things.

belligerent on
    edited April 2011
    I would have just let him die repeatedly and heal spammed the shit out of the dps. That's what I've been doing to tanks in my normals who can't get out of their own way.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited April 2011
    Eh, some people are assholes, and some are not. However, the ones who are, are the ones who become memories. When I tank 5 mans, I always thank people for the group, and be polite and try to joke around in party chat with strangers if they're doing the same. Nobody remembers that, they only remember the jackass who acted entitled and rude.

I'm actually the opposite with DPS in groups though. I always remember the ones who interrupt constantly, use CC, and just generally do awesome things that 90% of people don't.

Joshmvii on
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hit 85 yesterday gathering herbs in Uldum.

I had rest xp almost all the way through so I was getting 11,000xp per Whiptail node.

Once the rest xp ran out I went and did the old quests I had in the underwater area.

Then, when I was trying to get my Inscription up to max, I needed an ingredient and someone was kind enough to take me out to the Twilight area(on their rocket) which I never knew was there.

I never knew it was there....

I also didn't know there were two auction houses in SW and two banks.

Also, leading the prince around SW was pretty cool as well.

Hi, my name is Shawnasee and I've been playing since vanilla and I am lost.

edit: also, I just got my 2nd account back from being hacked so...I am happy.

Shawnasee on
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with using a raid spec in a 5 man. Usually a raid spec just means you took maximum survivability talents if you're a tank, which is not a bad thing. It's obviously not necessary for 5 mans to have a perfect spec, but it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Depends, a number of them need a few tweaks to help pick up 4 or so mobs. Like most raid specs for DKs don't take improved blood boil or the DnD glyph, but I think they are pretty useful for a 5 man.

If you are running around in full 359 tho, the gear difference will make up for those talents anyway.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »

I'm willing to bet there are more AH's and banks in SW. Org has 4.

Lostprophet8 on
    edited April 2011
    just the two. one in the dwarven district, one in the trade district.

belligerent on
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »

I'm willing to bet there are more AH's and banks in SW. Org has 4.

Blatant horde favoritism! I'm going to go bitch about it on the official forums right now.
    Not really.

Emporium on
    edited April 2011
    What's more I hear there's a bank/ah/forge/mailbox area within 10 feet of each other.

belligerent on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yep, in the dwarven district in SW. My Blacksmith was pleased.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's more I hear there's a bank/ah/forge/mailbox area within 10 feet of each other.

That's true, it's the tauren part of town in the valley of wisdom, which became the most aptly named place in org when I realized there was an ah, bank, forge, gbank and mailbox all within 10 feet of each other.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just learned if there is an enchanter in your group, everyone can roll disenchant.

*puts on his robe and noob hat*

sassfactor4 on
    edited April 2011

While the dwarven district is sort of, kind of convenient, it's not as convenient as this:
    new+org+tauren+area.JPG

So Ulduar was released on april 14th. Unless something crazy happens, Cata is actually going to be slower than wotlk... which is stupid.

belligerent on
  • EviizEviiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

While the dwarven district is sort of, kind of convenient, it's not as convenient as this:
    new+org+tauren+area.JPG

So Ulduar was released on april 14th. Unless something crazy happens, Cata is actually going to be slower than wotlk... which is stupid.

Yeah, but in this case its alright since the first raid isn't lolnaxxramas. People haven't steamrolled through the first raid as fast as they did during wotlk.

Eviiz on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wait what the fuck, Orgrimmar has four AH's / banks? I've seen two. The one combo at the front of the city, and then the second in the valley by the back gate to Azshara.

Edit - I just saw the above screenshot, massively jealous holy shit.

Henroid on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait what the fuck, Orgrimmar has four AH's / banks? I've seen two. The one combo at the front of the city, and then the second in the valley by the back gate to Azshara.

There's also a troll banker/AH/guild bank, all of which can be reached at the same time. While on a flying mount. Which almost no one knows about.

Oats on
    edited April 2011
    I would have just let him die repeatedly and heal spammed the shit out of the dps. That's what I've been doing to tanks in my normals who can't get out of their own way.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get banned soon from misdirecting all the mouthy and terrible DPS we group with. Honestly if I was doing 8.6% of the group's DPS I'd keep my fucking mouth shut but apparently people want to be bad, and be loud about it too. Now that I'm level 81, no one can say I have an unfair advantage with BOAs. People are just bad.

Also, these bad people always win the loot rolls. Always.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
    edited April 2011
    I just learned if there is an enchanter in your group, everyone can roll disenchant.

*puts on his robe and noob hat*

I just found the AH in Dalaran last week.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    To be fair, up until Cata the AH was for engineers only in Dalaran.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

There's also a troll banker/AH/guild bank, all of which can be reached at the same time. While on a flying mount. Which almost no one knows about.

Just went and found these, when did they get snuck in? they weren't there from the start.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png