As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Missing "Starting Windows" screen/Eight Blue Mystery Dots? [Windows 7 Bootup]

SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today!Registered User regular
Since my recent Boot Screen escapades, which were resolved thanks to this subforum, I've noticed something weird:

In my boot up of Windows 7 (Professional, 64-bit), right before the screen goes to the large blue "Welcome" background, and right after it skips over my boot selection menu (I only have one installation to chose from), I'm treated to a black screen. This black screen has eight blue/green dots at the top right hand corner.

I think this screen normally has the reassuring "Starting Windows" screen, where the four squares appear.

Any idea what might be causing this? I used EasyBCD to rename my installation of Windows following its recovery. Like that, this is mostly just a cosmetic concern, but any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Doy. Apparently, I'd toggled 'No GUI' in MSconfig. Another simple problem inflicted by the user.

Synthesis on

• Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Take a video with your phone?

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I could do that, but is it really necessary?

I mean, it's not a huge problem, but I think I've described it pretty well--it goes through the normal BIOS boot, and then rather to the "Starting Windows" screen, there's a black screen with a handful of blue dots at the top left corner, before the colored "Welcome" screen.

EDIT: Solved. Duh. Idiot moment.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What was the cause?

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's in my edited OP--I enabled 'No GUI' in MSconfig's boot menu. My own doing. I can only assume you'd be interested in something this mundane because you have the same problem.

Synthesis on