As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

• ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    one forge or two?
    Also, mainly zealot/sentry, or stalker focused? Or is it pretty balanced?

Impyrocker on
    1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Double forge, I'd say half zealots, 1/3 stalkers, 1/6 sentries (like a bento box! of units... >.>)

3cl1ps3 on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    one forge or two?
    Also, mainly zealot/sentry, or stalker focused? Or is it pretty balanced?

There are different variations of it. If he's taking a super fast third, Adel uses 2 forges. Basically he uses zealot/sentry + a few stalkers until charge finishes, and then he backs off of sentry production.

Sceptre on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kas's macro is so good.

815165 on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I haven't really heard a lot of husky casts until now, just know people whine a lot.

He is really fun to listen too, I can definately see why he is the most popular youtube caster.

Frozenzen on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    <3 Ukraine. We have some amazing players coming to the forefront. Dimaga Z, WhiteRa P, and Kas T. <3

TheBog on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kas is sooooo good.

3cl1ps3 on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    On the topic of the last series.
    I've seen Nada win a game a total one single time. I'm not even talking set, I've seen him win only a single game ever.

Though I understand that he is legendary good, it's pretty ridiculous that I've only ever managed to see him lose.

It's very weird.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Finally finished creating original post version 2.0. Got rid of a lot of the beta-era stuff and updated it with current infos. Let me know if anything needs changes or what not.

In particular, I don't know of any good terrans that stream. Possibly because most terrans are bad. ^_^

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kambing wrote: »
    Finally finished creating original post version 2.0. Got rid of a lot of the beta-era stuff and updated it with current infos. Let me know if anything needs changes or what not.

In particular, I don't know of any good terrans that stream. Possibly because most terrans are bad. ^_^[/QUOTE]

How long have you been sitting on that humdinger?

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2011

In particular, I don't know of any good terrans that stream. Possibly because most terrans are bad. ^_^

Ever since I wanted to fix up the OP and add a list of streams that everyone likes. First thing that popped into my mind while I was brainstorming. ^_^

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    edited April 2011
    Someone brought up Spanishiwa's new build a page or two back. Destiny's dismantling him in ZvZ on his (Destiny's) stream right now. Or at least just did.

They're doing another game.

TheBog on
  • YannYann Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    Someone brought up Spanishiwa's new build a page or two back. Destiny's dismantling him in ZvZ on his (Destiny's) stream right now. Or at least just did.

He's not actually that good (read: as the professional players), but pretty fun to watch. He is basically using the same style Idra used in a couple of his TSL games, delaying gas to drone drone drone. It seems really strong in the current meta game!

Yann on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joe K wrote: »
    I think that I may try it as written, but I may have to add up times and costs for hatch->pool->queens, as opposed to pool->queen->hatch and larvae production rate, or i guess the measurement is 2 base saturation rate. It looks like the build's goal is to minimize time to mineral saturate 2 bases, and the creep spread, extra queens for easy expanding and crawlers are nifty extras because you'll have so damn much mineral income.

its an extremely interesting open, i may have to seriously mathcraft this one a bit to see if his open is... "optimal".

Kambing, you up for some number crunching on this with me?

wow, this is a crazy interesting open.

You almost need to drop 2 more hatches once you get your gas going to keep enough larvae around. And when you're suddenly triple drone gas mining at 4 geysers, the lair and sling speed and whatever tech you want come really REALLY fast.

Not sure how many spines & queens are "enough", that's going to have to be field tested, but this is a really really interesting open.

Joe K on
    edited April 2011
    TheBog wrote: »

They're doing another game.

I think that I can see problems with the IceFisher ZvZ. Fast Banes and slings with normal econ builds (say off of a 14 sling expand) should be able to bumrush his worker lines and take out crawlers and queens. I think that it would be weak against Big Cheese ZvZ as well.

Joe K on
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so PA i was sitting in the NA chat and realised no-one here really streams alot and maybe there is a void, i used to stream back at retail launch and did so for about 2 months straight, good few hours every day with commentary and stuff, it was alot of fun. So as im ill currently with nothing to do during the day i think i may start up again so tomorrow, probably earlyish GMT im going to attempt to do some hardcore ladder streaming on NA, ill post a link up tomorrow.

All going well i can see myself doing it every day again as its a blast :D.

I was a rank 2 diamond last season playing masters and this season since ive been ill ive played 8 games

Quite High Quality too, looks good fullscreen

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What kinda upload bandwidth does 720p streaming require?

JAEF on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If someone could give me a quick'n'dirty guide on how to set up streaming I could try it out.

Low diamond raging toss!

Pretty sure I got the connection/computer for it, last time I speedtested I landed at something like 55 down/13 up.

Frozenzen on
    edited April 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    What kinda upload bandwidth does 720p streaming require?

2mb for a 1.5mb up stream should be fine, you can live on 1mb too

Zombie Monkey on
    edited April 2011
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    If someone could give me a quick'n'dirty guide on how to set up streaming I could try it out.

Low diamond raging toss!

Pretty sure I got the connection/computer for it, last time I speedtested I landed at something like 55 down/13 up.

www.xsplit.com

i'm using justin.tv , but there are others.

it will consume lots of cpu and memory when you're doing it though...

Joe K on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I use livestream procaster and have messed around with it but can't seem to get good quality at a reasonable framerate

so yeah if anybody has guides throw them up

edit: ^^^ will try that program

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
    edited April 2011
    Google day9's guide to a web show or something along those lines. I followed everything he did and my stream turned out pretty boss, though I never stream because it effects my gameplay too much.

TheBog on
    edited April 2011
    I've had a problem since my DeathAdder broke with mouse acceleration. I'm using the magic mouse in the interim, and whenever I open starcraft, it turns the acceleration back on, even if I switch back to the normal window. Any ideas for help? I really can't play with it on anymore.
    Oh, btw I have a mac

Impyrocker on
    1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
    edited April 2011
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    I've had a problem since my DeathAdder broke with mouse acceleration. I'm using the magic mouse in the interim, and whenever I open starcraft, it turns the acceleration back on, even if I switch back to the normal window. Any ideas for help? I really can't play with it on anymore.
    Oh, btw I have a mac

Download this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=194668

Kambing on
    edited April 2011
    Tried it, it turned mouse accel off when I logged in, but as soon as I opened starcraft, mouse acceleration turned on and stayed on even when I quit.

Impyrocker on
    1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Ever since I wanted to fix up the OP and add a list of streams that everyone likes. First thing that popped into my mind while I was brainstorming. ^_^

Hashe, Trump, Gretorp, Drewbie

Keamien on
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh shit iowa got banned

so it looks like these sets of TSL3 vods are worth watching even though who cares cause no zergs were playing!

PoolCue on
    edited April 2011
    Keamien wrote: »

Is Gretorp still actively streaming?

I added the others though, thanks!

And by the way, if you have a stream you want featured on the main page, feel free to post to that effect. All forum contributors mentioned in the OP are golded for being superstars. ^_^

Kambing on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I use livestream procaster and have messed around with it but can't seem to get good quality at a reasonable framerate

so yeah if anybody has guides throw them up

edit: ^^^ will try that program

livestream is tricky to get good quality, i think

Dhalphir on
    edited April 2011
    Livestream is good for people with dual core cpus and less than 1mb up. I used it a while back till the internet was upgraded

Zombie Monkey on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Who wants to buy me a new motherboard and processor and ram and power supply so I can stream? Quick waka teach me how to draw so I can win a computer.

PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS PLATINUM PROTOSS PLAY PRONTO!

JAEF on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PoolCue wrote: »
    oh shit iowa got banned

so it looks like these sets of TSL3 vods are worth watching even though who cares cause no zergs were playing!

lol

i bet he tried to start some shit with a duck! after getting jailed.

yeah...that was smart.

Guek on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

And by the way, if you have a stream you want featured on the main page, feel free to post to that effect. All forum contributors mentioned in the OP are golded for being superstars. ^_^

I like the slimmed up, sleeker look of the OP. Nice to see a lot of my info and hard work still there with all of the non-useful stuff trimmed away. :D

I only saw two things to change; there is a left over tag in the "playing with PA people" step 1 and the WFC should be number 4 (Dhal, Joek, Naz, now Cap). Also, Simon mentioned that he's not doing the Curvy league anymore, so we can probably drop that from the OP. It would be easy enough to re-add it in the future if it became needed again.

All in all, great job. It's always good to know that other people can keep up a high quality thread standard when I'm not around for a thread flip.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2011

I dunno if he is or not. Everytime I go to the stream page it is super hard to find a good terran that is as entertaining or good as people like idra/destiny/incontrol. OH! Thisisjimmy is a semi active streamer, he's pretty good.

Keamien on
    edited April 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I like the slimmed up, sleeker look of the OP. Nice to see a lot of my info and hard work still there with all of the non-useful stuff trimmed away. :D

I only saw two things to change; there is a left over tag in the "playing with PA people" step 1 and the WFC should be number 4 (Dhal, Joek, Naz, now Cap). Also, Simon mentioned that he's not doing the Curvy league anymore, so we can probably drop that from the OP. It would be easy enough to re-add it in the future if it became needed again.

All in all, great job. It's always good to know that other people can keep up a high quality thread standard when I'm not around for a thread flip.

Fixed all that, thanks Dover. And I'm all about maintaining high standards while respecting those that came before me.

Except terrans because they're godawful. ^_^

Kambing on
    edited April 2011

I dunno if he is or not. Everytime I go to the stream page it is super hard to find a good terran that is as entertaining or good as people like idra/destiny/incontrol. OH! Thisisjimmy is a semi active streamer, he's pretty good.

Got a stream link for Jimmy, Keam?

Kambing on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Meeks was first WFC. I haven't been WFC yet.

Dhalphir on
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jinro started streaming the other day http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid%60Jinro though hes at dreamhack now

peacekeeper on
    edited April 2011
    Can't seem to find him. Oh wells

Keamien on
    edited April 2011
    Added Jinro. How could I forget him. =(

Kambing on