As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, yeah. I wasn't on yesterday because just as soon as I was going to get on, I remembered I had a paper due today.

Buuuuut, I should be on tonight for the WFC!

Capfalcon on
  • Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    everyone needs to watch sceptre, he is 4 gating some scrub on xel naga caverns

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I want to get home and ladder so bad but ugh wedding planning awaits.

Ugggggggggg......

6 months of planning for a day that will cost too much, you and your wife won't remember, and will cause all sorts of wonderful little family eruptions.

may the force be with you.

Joe K on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why chrono boost warpage if you're going 3 gate sentry FE?

in case he all-ins?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I always chronoboost warpgate, it is such a huge benefit to have it where it pretty much nullifies chronoboosting anyhing out of a gateway.

Fizban140 on
    edited April 2011
    If you're going FE though, doesn't it make more sense to chrono probes which actually makes your FE faster?

the sooner to saturation the better if you're not going to make a lot of units early on?
    (zerg mindset, which I think should apply to toss fe)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I guess it depends what you scout, and the protoss if they are going FE really need a lot of units out to defend at least from my experience with the zerg 2 base all ins.

Fizban140 on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Euphemon wrote: »

Damn, son Why is Hot_bid so good?

Anzekay on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joe K wrote: »

Ugggggggggg......

6 months of planning for a day that will cost too much, you and your wife won't remember, and will cause all sorts of wonderful little family eruptions.

My parents are in their 50s and still have extremely fond memories of their wedding, which happened almost 30 years ago.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM DHAL IT'S GONNA BE GREAT :D

3cl1ps3 on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the best mouse is the razer lachesis

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anzekay wrote: »

Damn, son Why is Hot_bitbybit so good?

I'm quite sure it's Hot_Bid, but I couldn't resist anyways.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    edited April 2011
    MMMig wrote: »
    If you're going FE though, doesn't it make more sense to chrono probes which actually makes your FE faster?

the sooner to saturation the better if you're not going to make a lot of units early on?
    (zerg mindset, which I think should apply to toss fe)

this confuses me too but it's the way lots of toss on ladder play, at least

means reading the early chrono is fucking useless which sucks

edit - that TL nasl article is outstanding

Variable on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am still streaming for anyone who is interested.

Sceptre on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Saaruto wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

Damn, son Why is Hot_bitbybit so good?

I'm quite sure it's Hot_Bid, but I couldn't resist anyways.

typos, yay

Anzekay on
    edited April 2011
    Changed my mouse speed to 70% (from 52%) and removed acceleration.

Last few games have been tough... miss clicking like nobody's business... but the benefits will be great, right?
    >.<'

(sc2 fame, tossgirl clones, k-pop hair-gel and hit single, etc.)

... right?

practice several hours before any games of importance.

i liked bit.trip beat for getting a grip on my new mouse (twas a DA). quickly discovered what was "too fast" and "too slow", and how to make the small movements.

Kambing - really, you set your mouse that low? thats.... interesting... I've got a huge SteelSeries mousepad (picked up on sale for $11!) that i may use 15% of the surface area. Maybe I should turn down the DPI a bit, I have it at 1800, and get used to it if it really makes accuracy easier.

The keyboard adjustments that I made for larva inject made a HUGE difference after I got the mechanics down. What kills me, is that its basically a for loop that I have to execute by hand (and with the fisher build, then i move to my creep queens, so its make units, inject, creep). Really crazy that Blizz in its infinite wisdom doesn't let you auto-cast spawn larvae. The game really shouldnt be about keyboard gymnastics, but about strategy.

Joe K on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    'T' to the 'yler' Tyler is streaming

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, yeah. I wasn't on yesterday because just as soon as I was going to get on, I remembered I had a paper due today.

Buuuuut, I should be on tonight for the WFC!

Oh damn! That bronze leaguer just called ALL YOU BITCHES OUT!! Forum attack!
    J/K. Make sure to get a Terran coach for your games tonight.

Ugggggggggg......

Hold up there Joe, me and my fiance are planning for a quaint, funny, little marriage come December. It will be amazing, at budget, and worth every moment just to get my entire family together for the first time in years.

Don't gate, er hate. :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    To weigh in on the mouse discussion -

I play with 6/11 no accel (the standard), 1600 dpi at 51% sensitivity. It's the fastest I can get while maintaining any pointer accuracy (which is the biggest thing I need to work on - I have the keyboard apm easily, I just need to use it productively).

3cl1ps3 on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, not that I imagine anyone really plays, but uh, is it possible to cheat at that new StarJeweled custom map?

Just saw someone score 4000 energy in two minutes of play ...

INeedNoSalt on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was going to make fun of joe for using 'only' 1800 dpi but then I looked up my dpi and I'm sitting at about 2000dpi with maxed sensitivity in my mouse's config program.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited April 2011
    Just finished with an excursion into streaming. For those of you watched it, any suggestions? I'm going to tinker with it later with Lazerz to try and get a bit better quality out of it.

Sceptre on
    edited April 2011
    It is probably not spanishiwa's fault that those timing pushes destroy you.

Also the only thing that is "timing" about a bronze attack is that it comes at a certain time in the game. No one actually knows when that time is going to be, but it will come at a certain time, like all events in our life. No one knows what will happen when the bronze player attacks, but we do know that he will have a good 40 supply less than he could, half the workers back at home that he should have, and one less base!

well, i don't think that i'm having a macro problem with fisher's at all. It's got some quirks to it, because you aren't building an army until you hit around 40 supply, have two saturated bases, and are completely safe from early game threats. then you pretty much start with tier 2 and above units as fast as you can, which is why you need the super fast 3rd and 4ths.

its definitely not safe ZvZ. The only time I had difficulty with Toss was when I didnt get enough crawlers, I had 3, and you have money for so many more, I'd say that 5 is a minimum, and 7 really isn't out of the question.

And the only time I had trouble with a Terran was when I put my 4th in his natural. I think it pissed him off slightly, and I couldnt handle his mix of Thors and M&M's. Prbly should have gotten ultras out, but I thought that 7 broods and 2/2 cracklings would take care of it, but I really needed a ground tank unit.

Joe K on
    edited April 2011
    Noob question here:

I use a fairly old, run-o-da-mill logitech wired lazer mouse, how can I tell what my dpi is?

No fancy settings or buttons, and I can't see windows telling me anything about mouse dpi.

So old that I can't find a picture of it online. The closest I find is this:

f81d2_13021965409793.jpeg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MMMig that image didn't work. Chances are, though, that if it is not a gaming mouse it is probably very very low DPI.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
    edited April 2011
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Just finished with an excursion into streaming. For those of you watched it, any suggestions? I'm going to tinker with it later with Lazerz to try and get a bit better quality out of it.

my biggest complaint, from the very little I got to watch, was that the text/numbers weren't readable.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited April 2011
    Trus wrote: »

my biggest complaint, from the very little I got to watch, was that the text/numbers weren't readable.

Yeah, I plan to see how much higher I can push the quality. I'm afraid I won't be able to do much though, my processor isn't great and Shaw has terrible upload caps.

Sceptre on
    edited April 2011
    Trus wrote: »

Yeah, I plan to see how much higher I can push the quality. I'm afraid I won't be able to do much though, my processor isn't great and Shaw has terrible upload caps.

Tell me about it :/

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited April 2011
    I might play with putting my stream on Justin.tv instead of own3d.

Because Justin's streams are like...universally more attractive.

I've got sicknasty up speed but only a little bitty 3.6 GHz Dual Core :X It's got an L3 cache, that has to count for something...

3cl1ps3 on
    edited April 2011
    Does Tyler look...really angry on his stream to anyone else?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    Does Tyler look...really angry on his stream to anyone else?

i was just about to post about how morose he's looking

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    edited April 2011
    I think MLG + TSL is probably putting him in a pretty bad state of mind. He knows he's better than he's playing right now =/

3cl1ps3 on
  • shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

its definitely not safe ZvZ.

I don't know how you can say that when spanishiwa has great success with it zvz at high levels of play (he's #35 on the US ladder). You need to be careful and scout a lot (more than usual) for it to work.

I really like the build zvt, but have problems with it zvp (I prefer roach/hydra/corruptor + bane drops if I have time/gas). I've become fond of fast banes in zvz, so I don't do his build in zvz.

shwaip on
    edited April 2011
    I think Spanishiwa's build works perfectly fine, you just need to be pretty skilled to make it work.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited April 2011

Ugggggggggg......

My parents are in their 50s and still have extremely fond memories of their wedding, which happened almost 30 years ago.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM DHAL IT'S GONNA BE GREAT :D

I'm very happy with my marriage, best thing I've ever done in my life, and I'm still don't know how I landed my wife. She claims its my cooking.

I just don't think that the cost and drama of a full blown wedding and reception are "worth it". YMMV.

Watch out for the crazy relatives though, weddings have a way of bringing out the best and worst in family.

And remember this: The Wedding Ceremony, and Reception are for your guests, not you and your bride. That's what the honeymoon is for.

The best part is the "settled" feeling that you get when you're hitched. Enjoy every moment you can, because if there are kids in your future, it all changes, and you won't understand until you're there.

Joe K on
  • shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think Spanishiwa's build works perfectly fine, you just need to be pretty skilled to make it work.

It's definitely hard to do all the transfuse micro (along with the other stuff) late game. Things like inject timings (and choosing between early creep tumors and injects) early game and scouting exactly what your opponent are also really important with his build.

It's just pretty silly to hear joe make a statement about how a build doesn't work, when it clearly does.

shwaip on
    edited April 2011
    my mouse dpi is jacked to whatever the highest it does it (razer lachesis in white, which has a lower max than the other colors iirc because they don't make it anymore) and ingame my sensitivity is 49%. in windows it's 6/11 and accel is off.

there is no right or wrong answer though

Variable on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm running an intel quad core, is there any way I can set a core affinity or something to boost stream performance? Only 2.83ghz so a bit choppy at times

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

And remember this: The Wedding Ceremony, and Reception are for your guests, not you and your bride. That's what the honeymoon is for.

I agree that the reception is for the guests, but the ceremony is only for the guests if the majority of your guests are all of the same religion. Otherwise you should really customize it and make it something special to just you and your wife.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Noob question here:

I use a fairly old, run-o-da-mill logitech wired lazer mouse, how can I tell what my dpi is?

No fancy settings or buttons, and I can't see windows telling me anything about mouse dpi.

So old that I can't find a picture of it online. The closest I find is this:

f81d2_13021965409793.jpeg

Thanks to tineye the answer is that your logitech v150 has a 1000 dpi sensor.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V150-Laser-Notebook-Mouse/product-reviews/B000F1MSJK

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    edited April 2011
    watching tyler look at his food/money, then down to his minimap, back at the game is mesmerizing

Variable on