As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bp1580 wrote: »
    Sorry about the wait. I've been trying to post for a while, but the servers were busy. On the plus side, I might actually get to attack next turn! Oh joy!

I've noticed a fair few server problems when I try to post too.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's the elven spy, he's trying to delay the inevitable.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Solon eyerape attack:
    Blinding Flare (immediate interrupt, when first bloodied and again when reduced to 0 hp) * Radiant
    Close Burst 5; targets enemies; blind creatures are immune; +6 vs. Fortitude; 3d6+4 radiant damage and the target is blinded (save ends)

Relevant defense:

Free Action: Inflict Blindness on yourself until SOYNT
    BLINDED
    ✦ You grant combat advantage.
    ✦ You can’t see any target (your targets have total concealment).
    ✦ You take a –10 penalty to Perception checks.
    ✦ You can’t flank an enemy.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For anyone going towards the top floor, this is how it looks like:
    DepFloorFourGridExample.jpg

So Turanos can just edit his post accordingly.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    So Turanos can just edit his post accordingly.

Done.

Turanos on
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for moving in front of me Turanos :) I think otherwise I was about to get a beating...

Ok, so myself and Dorn are going after the elf, and we've got Traorin and Summer downstairs on the Solon. So how should the rest of the party disperse? I think we might need some more meat upstairs, but another striker couldn't hurt (although not sure if Titania has anything she can use inside without getting blasted)

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, if Titania can talk some sense into that elf in calling off the Solons I'd get behind that plan.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to try and Diplomatize the elf on my turn...but failing that, I'd say just beat him senseless Turanos

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It doesn't seem as though he's open to being diplomatized. Maybe we should beat him senseless then try and diplomatize him. People are generally much more cooperative when they're being held by their feet off a third story balcony.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I was wondering if I spent a standard to make an official Diplomacy check, if I could sway him to at least chill out for a few seconds so we can discuss this without violence.

But, if everyone else thinks we should just brain him, then that's what we should do :)

Illianthar on
  • Options
    Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Party Leadership: Making sure the monster stays on the defender, even if it endangers your favorite hat.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Illianthar wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering if I spent a standard to make an official Diplomacy check, if I could sway him to at least chill out for a few seconds so we can discuss this without violence.

But, if everyone else thinks we should just brain him, then that's what we should do :)

I don't know. I can't really do much damage unless I disarm that anti-magic trap on this floor, although disarming it would take quite a while so I'd probably be better off just using my sword and flanking with Dorn (at least he'd get +2 to his attacks too.)

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Post coming in soon.

In the meantime, Torrent bloodied the Solon, then closed her eyes.

The solon (aura included) will deal 13 radiant damage.

I take it the rest of you guys will close your eyes?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yup, eyes wide shut!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Close 'em up, TiamatZ!

Both Areneth and I got nat ones that became 8s? I call shenanigans!

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving the country today, for a little over a week. I'm hoping to have regular enough Internet to continue to post at least once every day or two, but I won't know if that'll be the case until I'm there. If you're all waiting on me for longer than that span feel free to assume I go along with whatever the party is doing at the time/just roll things for me.

I'll try to let you know once I'm there what the situation will be.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you all know that I'm leaving the country today, for a little over a week. I'm hoping to have regular enough Internet to continue to post at least once every day or two, but I won't know if that'll be the case until I'm there. If you're all waiting on me for longer than that span feel free to assume I go along with whatever the party is doing at the time/just roll things for me.

I'll try to let you know once I'm there what the situation will be.

Hey Turanos, are you still around to post your turn for this round, or do you want one of us to take it for you? If we're going to take it, I recommend someone other than me. My die rolling in this encounter has been nothing short of epic frustration.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Skarsol! Turanos (or anyone willing to temp for him)!

You guys are up!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Errr, wha? It's my turn again?

Edit: WTF, I totally posted. My rolls are still showing on IC... hurm...

Edit2: K, recreated my post. No clue how I fudged that up, sorry. :( I blame the forums! If noone else says anything, I'll temp for Turanos is a little bit.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I should be able to post every day or two after all, so yeah I'll handle my turn now. It's just probably going to take me a little while to write because I don't have all my material to hand and this connection is slow as hell.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've been looking at your stuff, if you have a question, just ask. :)
    The relevant info I gathered:
    Open the Gate of Battle (E): Dex v Ref (1d20 +5 (dex) +3 (proficiency) vs 17) - 2d10+DEX(5) damage, 1d10 extra if the target was at full HP (he's at full HP).
    Stone Fist Flurry of Blows (At Will): Add 6 dmg
    Furious Assault (E): When you hit with an attack you do 1[W] extra damage if it's a weapon attack or 1d8 extra otherwise.

I think those numbers are correct.

Edit: Wow, nice rolls. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Do we know which box to look at?

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ah, I just went back and checked. He did indicate which box it was.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If the intelligence is still inside the box and he was just using us to get it maybe we could strike a deal. If the intelligence is duplicatable then we could both take a copy.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    Open the Gate of Battle (E): Dex v Ref (1d20 +5 (dex) +3 (proficiency) vs 17) - 2d10+DEX(5) damage, 1d10 extra if the target was at full HP (he's at full HP).

Do I get a proficiency bonus on my rolls for my powers? Isn't that only for weapon attacks?

Regarding the box, it really does seem like this is all a massive misunderstanding that might be fixable with some smart words and decent diplomacy rolls. Sadly Dorn doesn't have much in the way of charisma.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The old CB doesn't add your weapon proficiency into the attack (only your Ki Focus Implement).

So yeah, it should just be on normal weapon attacks, not on powers that have the Implement Keyword.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is the wisp gonna do it's big aoe again once rebloodied?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No.
    Blinding Flare (imm int, when first bloodied and again when reduced to 0 hp) * Radiant

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ah, right, I guess reading helps. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Regarding the box, it really does seem like this is all a massive misunderstanding that might be fixable with some smart words and decent diplomacy rolls. Sadly Dorn doesn't have much in the way of charisma.

True, I think I'll give diplomacy a shot when my turn comes around and see if we can't work out a deal that involves us not having to kill this guy and the solon. I mean that one solon down there, he's kind of a prick, flashing his lights in your eyes and all. But the other one? I kinda liked him. :)

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Summer made her effort, she's all about the hitty now, so it's on you guys. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011

True, I think I'll give diplomacy a shot when my turn comes around and see if we can't work out a deal that involves us not having to kill this guy and the solon. I mean that one solon down there, he's kind of a prick, flashing his lights in your eyes and all. But the other one? I kinda liked him. :)

I'll wait for you to post, then I'll assist with a Diplomacy check as my standard action, to try and bump you up some if necessary.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Or, you know, you could bloody him and then intimidate him.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, Areneth's point of view is that if we're going to try and talk, we should do so without all the pointy bits and pain. If we're going to do the pointy bits and pain, then we should do it right, and just crush him. His fault for not listening to reason :)

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, able to shake off the daze, but only to do crappy attack rolls and wasting a perfectly good action point. At least I'm keeping the thing focused on me and not Torrent or our fearless leader (I shall protect your hat with my life good sir!).

I might need some healing from Torrent if I get hit again though.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, able to shake off the daze, but only to do crappy attack rolls and wasting a perfectly good action point. At least I'm keeping the thing focused on me and not Torrent or our fearless leader (I shall protect your hat with my life good sir!).

I might need some healing from Torrent if I get hit again though.

Good work, Traorin! Don't worry about the attack rolls, it's probably just the building's security system. Weren't you going to disable that, Dorn?...Dorn? :P

I'm waiting to post until photobucket decides to put the map back up. I don't really know where everything is otherwise :P

EDIT: K, if photobucket doesn't update in the next half hour I'm just using my "have someone else attack for you" power and calling it a round. No sense in holding everyone else up.

Bp1580 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well things were changing floors quite fast, and then Dorn got a bit angry after being smacked in the face quite hard, but he's feeling better now... If we can't talk this guy down I'll probably go back to making Thievery checks, if I know where the control panel is on this floor (it was usually at the bottom of the stairs up, wasn't it, this floor doesn't have any stairs up).

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Requiring 4 successes while in combat is rough. Probably need 2 or 4 people all working on it if we're serious about getting it disarmed.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well things were changing floors quite fast, and then Dorn got a bit angry after being smacked in the face quite hard, but he's feeling better now... If we can't talk this guy down I'll probably go back to making Thievery checks, if I know where the control panel is on this floor (it was usually at the bottom of the stairs up, wasn't it, this floor doesn't have any stairs up).

It'll be at the top of the stairs, somewhere nearby where Areneth is standing.

Will also post up once Photobucket's back up and online.

Also @BP: Your commander's strike power is considered a melee power (even has the melee weapon keyword on it), so you'll have to stand adjacent to the solon.
    Possible locations for you to move: F4, F5, F6

TiamatZ on