As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

1565758596062»

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah he had blue flames and did that a lot. At first he had tanks and other stuff but they got taken out.

So he was all "shii" and pumped out like 15 or so hellions and murdered the guy who was mostly immortals and stalkers.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    c9DIo.jpg

3.5hrs away!

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I could go watch that live on location in 30 minutes if I left right now.

Edit: Well plus 3,5 hours apparently :P

Honk on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »

Fuckin' do it.

JAEF on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why is Morrow always playing MC? :(

Poor morrow.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So assuming b.net isn't down for patching, I am going to ladder in the middle of the night. I wonder how much cheese I will face or how many totally baller players will crush me.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So hotbid's tl.net post comparing the NASL divisions to different movies caused me to go watch Rounders.

Which led to watching a few poker highlight videos.

And I've therefore discovered that Phil Hellmuth's the IdrA of competitive poker.

"I can't believe you're such an idiot that you would outplay me on that hand, if you played correctly you would have lost you stupid idiot."

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some epic cheese on PainUser's stream. 3 bunker ramp-block on Shakuras is so nasty. :)

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Alright so my first match went better than expected. I made a poor attempt at Spanishiwa's "Ice Fisher" build and floated so much money cause I was not used to that kind of economy ramping up that quick.

I also learned that I shouldn't be messing around with an overseer in the enemy base when there is a blob of his color on the minimap, right where my burrowed infestors are moving... he did a scan to pop creep tumors and my infestors just happened to be moving into his blob right then. When I noticed his army I started spamming my 3 key to select my infestors so I could regroup them to my main army... only there was no longer a control group there! :x

Then after watching the replay I learned that Ultralisks really do herp and derp which really hinders their performance. I lost one Ultralisk in particular because it literally span in circles while standing next to a siege tank and 4 marauders and the only explanation I can come up with is that it wanted to attack something further away. :x

Also I was surprised to be gas-capped as much as I was. I guess throwing down so many upgrades and then deciding I want to make Ultras immediately after doesn't work out so well.

Oh here is the replay if anyone is curious:

repimg-33-202859.jpg

I really need to work on my infestor control.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    JAEF wrote: »

Fuckin' do it.

More like 7 h from when you posted. From the homepage I gather that the event starts at 14:00 but the streams and shoutcasts won't be started until 17:00 when the main matches start, or something.

Which makes me sad because I wanted to be able to catch some of the early afternoon matches from work . :(

Movitz on
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh god page 99.

Casting TCL right bloody now! nGen vs Etd! nGen are a SEA clan!

Stream: http://www.justin.tv/seguer_au

Info: no info link, kelly didn't put it up :(

Seguer on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is super neat, Idralisk vs Incontrolot. Guy does some other non-SC2 work also.
    idralisk_vs_incontrolot_by_g_e_e_r_s-d37dfh0.jpg

JAEF on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PainUser vs SixjaxTerran (that BM guy Artosis recruited) on PainUser's stream!

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MMMig wrote: »
    shwaip wrote: »
    1) You don't really "work" on apm. It comes through realizing all the things you need to do, and slowly starting to do more.

Well, you can work on mechanics, which help your apm.
    I see bronzies not know what a hotkey is and it makes baby raynor cry.
    or queueing actions
    or mineral walking past an enemy's wall

etc. etc.

I had to google this and had a holy shit moment, never again will you die unnecessarily scouting drone.

Campy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Segeur you need to make me a mod on your jtv chat so I can bust some spammer skulls... virtually. :D

Edit: Mineral walking only works through units that are on hold position. You can't pass through buildings.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What is mineral walking?

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    When a worker unit is ordered to mine minerals, it will pass through any units that would normally block its path. You can use this to get into and out of hold-position-choked ramps and such.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So the usual toss wall with hold zealot for example, if I right click his mineral line my scv will go through the zealot?

Cool!

Honk on
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not planning on making a new thread btw, so someone can feel free to do so at their convenience. =D

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So the usual toss wall with hold zealot for example, if I right click his mineral line my scv will go through the zealot?

Cool!

Yes, although the SCV might not survive the trip! :lol: I think for Zerg players the idea is to have a Zergling or two distracting the Zealot while a drone passes through, and then you can use the drone to scout or hit the Zealot from behind.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kambing wrote: »
    I'm not planning on making a new thread btw, so someone can feel free to do so at their convenience. =D

I won't while jailed. No point.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's kinda annoying how I can watch american events fine with my worktimes, but not swedish ones.

Pretty sure "going to sit at home watching dudes playing video games" would not have been a valid reason to take a day off though :P.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Where do you live Frozenzen? Supposedly the games weren't gonna start for three more hours.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I don't get it now.

Their website says the first game starts at 15.00 CET, but the stream is only starting at 17.00 CET.

Honk on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    It's kinda annoying how I can watch american events fine with my worktimes, but not swedish ones.

Pretty sure "going to sit at home watching dudes playing video games" would not have been a valid reason to take a day off though :P.

Diarrhea would be though. Thats what i use when I want a day off.

Also this is a build I sort of made up on the spot to recover from a poor economic position. I had misinterpreted what this Terran was doing. No gas, a second rax, I assumed a marine scv all-in and didn't 1gate FE, instead opting for a 2nd gate and then robo, then realised he had FE'd and instead of trying to expand myself and recover I just went for an all-in with Immortals. Immortals and Sentries are so strong for breaking bunker positions, literally even without the forcefields no amount of scvs can repair through immortals attacking a bunker, and with them the bunkers evaporate.

Turns out he was ranked #34 in the SEA Grandmaster league too!

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=202865

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i'm really confused

the dreamhack website says the games start at 17:00.

But TL.net calendar (which is never wrong) says its in 34 minutes.

Which is true?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Breaking my own 2,500 post request and......

NEW THREAD TIME!

CLICK HERE!!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    exoplasm wrote: »
    Some guy got his girlfriend to play "strip starcraft" wherein she would be laddering on a stream a removing an article of clothing after every win. Originally they wanted to do full nudity, but they settled on underwear due to JustinTV rules, but still got banned.

Not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea.

VODs or it didn't happen

NAO!!!

:x

also, seguer fighting!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    I am feeling very overwhelmed when a game gets longer than about 10 minutes.
    Force your games to go over 10 minutes. Play safely and focus on macro, unit production, teching/scouting when appropriate and taking bases at decent timings. This really helps for getting used to being past mid-game, drown yourself in it.
    3clipse wrote: »
    Which I guess is better than not recognizing my own mistakes, but still. This summer I have 10 weeks of completely free time, which I am going to fill with running, drumming, and starcraft.
    Oh god I can't stop myself from conjuring up some hidious one-man-band contraption that has you drumming while running while playing starcraft, a kazoo dangling inches in front of your mouth, desperately attempting to control your mouse as the outfit flops to and fro.

you know, i had the same thought. i don't know if 10 weeks is enough to practice that, though, and if you do Helix, can you video blog it?

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    After playing protoss for a while they are a bit harder to macro later on because of the way gateways work, I wish there was a way to just build units out of the gateway without having to select a spot on the ground. But yeah, other than that I really just need to focus on remembering to build them.

don't research warpgates, and play like a terran?

i mean really, if you're complaining that WG's are making your macro HARDER, then maybe Protoss isn't for you.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So assuming b.net isn't down for patching, I am going to ladder in the middle of the night. I wonder how much cheese I will face or how many totally baller players will crush me.

Late, late night better/dedicated players come out. its really noticeable.

best time for easy wins is 3-6p during the week. you get to beat up on the primary school kids :-)

Joe K on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We're all in the other room, Joe.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's going to be funny when Joe realizes he's catching up on posts sequentially and is posting on a dead thread.

^____^'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    When a worker unit is ordered to mine minerals, it will pass through any units that would normally block its path. You can use this to get into and out of hold-position-choked ramps and such.

i thought they patched this out, or at least made it less effective. used to be that it removed like all collision rules when a peon thought it was mining...

Joe K on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil