As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics solicits for July 2011

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Graphic Violence
Boom, seems to have been early this month

Highlights:

-No Green Lantern issue this month
-Batman The Dark Knight #4 has a fill-in artist (hahahahahahaha)
-Batman Inc. #9 has Cameron Stewart art
-Kenneth Rocafort is drawing Action Comics now (?)
-Superman #713 is more angst about stuff.
-Looks like Bane goes bad in Secret Six #35
-Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane gets hardcover treatment.
-Terry Moore draws Fables #107 (ooooooohhh)

And this is just a really nice Emerald Warriors cover:

GLEW_Cv10_var.jpg

Other than that, lots and lots of Flashpoint, and the Retro-Active 70's issues show up (none particularly interesting)

TexiKen on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011
    another JLA cover with the team lying dead on the ground

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cassandra Cain's new costume is terrible, and while the solicit's almost definitely a fake-out, it still fills me with trepidation.

I'm also afraid Simone's going to be railroaded into making Bane a bad guy again, to set him up for the next Batman film.

Matt Sturges should be a good fit on Power Girl. He's a guy who does well with the more lighthearted books.

It looks like Doomsday's with the Super-Family. Could be an interesting twist, if he was gathering them all up to help him with some more dangerous villain.

J. Bone drawing Wonder Woman should be awesome.

Greg Tocchini drawing Batman and Robin could go either way. The Last Days of American Crime looked fantastic, but that recent Captain America and the Secret Avengers issue he did wasn't as strong.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011
    Bane's "turn" was foreshadowed in the latest Secret Six when he was told he'll be going to hell and he's confused about it because he's a righteous man

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Flashpoint minis are surprisingly more interesting than pretty much any of the ongoings.

That Batman and Robin cover is awesome.

When did Green Arrow get a new writer?

Lemure's doing Hex. Buying it.

I don't really mind if Simone has to make Bane villainous, since she's had the character for 35 issues and done nothing interesting with him despite more or less discarding most of his previous interpretations.

Kamandi Omnibus.

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    mastap, it's like you read all the books I do except you hate the ones i love

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gotham Noir looks interesting.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, some of those Vertigo OGNs sound really good. Dark Rain, Fogtown, 99 Days, plus I missed out on a History of Violence when it came out. And the final volume of Madame Xanadu comes out, so I have to get that.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm really happy to see Sturges writing Power Girl instead of Winnick.

I'm probably going to get the DC Comics Presents of Metal Men and Gotham Noir. I have the Doom Patrol issues with the Metal Men back-ups but I'd like to have them in their own collection.

Does anybody know what happened to Dustin Nguyen on Batgirl? This is the second issue in a row that has Pere Perez listed for art duties.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That's weird, because since joining Batgirl with #15 he's only done three issues so far.

I remember he had some creator owned story he was working on but Nguyen seems like the guy who would do that on his own time while working on his DC work. Maybe.......Marvel stole him?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    Bane's "turn" was foreshadowed in the latest Secret Six when he was told he'll be going to hell and he's confused about it because he's a righteous man
    Yeah, and I thought it was done really abruptly there, too.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Why? Winnick's Power Girl has been great. I've liked it more than Palmiotti/Grey/Connor's

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Keith wrote: »

Why? Winnick's Power Girl has been great. I've liked it more than Palmiotti/Grey/Connor's

I've just been bored with his stuff so far. I'm not reading Generation Lost so I found all the Max Lord stuff to be really uninteresting and I couldn't wait for it to be over. I know the Palmiotti/Gray/Conner stuff was pretty much just Super Cheesecake ++ but I thought it was really funny and it was nice to have a book off in it's own world and not bogged down by surrounding DCU stuff.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind