As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for July 2011

Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Graphic Violence
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1104/12/marveljuly.htm

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1104/12/marveltrades.htm

Daredevil #1 and Ghost Rider #1!

Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omnibus Vol. 1, X-Men by Claremont and Lee Omnibus Vol. 1!

FF: 1234 gets the premiere hardcover treatment!

And a lot of Fear Itself tie-ins!

Quick question: Who is Rob Williams and why is he writing so many books?

My color is black to the blind
Futt Bucker on

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Argh there's a crapload of trades I want in July, but thankfully it'll be my B-day by then.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rob Williams wrote that Shadowland Ghost Rider one-shot, that's all I know, but he's ballooned almost as fast as Nick Spencer has.

Fear Itself #4, everything written has been said before. And damn, way too many tie-ins. This seems to be Civil War/Secret Invasion levels now.

Ultimate Fallout makes me think the Ultimate line gets relaunched.......again.

Defenders: from the vault looks interesting. Busiek/Nicieza/Bagley is a winning team.

Wolverine/Black Cat: Claws 2? Didn't know the first one did well enough to get a sequel.

And Amazing Spider-Man, it feels like they're just throwing out artists on the book again. They were supposed to have Ramos, Caselli, and Martin rotate but Martin left before he began pretty much, and there have been some plug-ins.

I don't really see anything worthwhile, and Greg Land is back on Uncanny.

Maybe try out Brilliant #1, and FF #6 & 7 look worthwhile.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll probably try Ghost Rider #1. Matthew Clark's done well on Doom Patrol, and Rob Williams wrote some good Deadpool stuff. I think it'll be a good fit.

Ohhh, shit, Gargoyle's in Heroes for Hire. I have to buy that now, I love that dude.

Chris Bachalo's drawing The Avengers? I bet he'll draw an awesome Red Hulk. Speaking of Red Hulk, I hope Patrick Zircher kills on that book. You never really know what style he's going to bring, so it'll be interesting to see whether he tries to mimic Hardman, or does his own thing.

I dig that Iron Man cover. And that Fearsome Four cover's a cool little homage, though not drawn particularly well. David Aja's Red Skull cover's pretty awesome.

I hope Ka-Zar's good, but Jenkins has a pretty spotty track record.

All in all, it looks like some interesting stuff is being rolled out, along with a bunch of Fear Itself stuff I don't particularly care about, but will read if it's by creators I like.

Munch on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Argh...I'm not happy with this whole American Panther thing. He has a fucking gun in a shoulder holster. What the hell?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, doesn't every American?

Wildcat on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Venom looks good. Ghost Rider looks neat. Charlie Huston writing Wolverine.

DouglasDanger on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wildcat wrote: »

As much as we talk about gun rights, you'd think so.

As an aside, I approve of your avatar. I have to go watch that show on Netflix.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nothing really unexpected. Beyond Fear Itself, FI: Deadpool, and FF, I plan on switching over entirely to trades for Marvel. So, I'm happy to see the wealth of trade material coming out; Hail Hydra, Big Time Volume 1, and some other stuff.

The only thing surprising at all seems to be Ultimate Fallout.

HadjiQuest on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That is a lot of Fear Itself tie-ins, but it doesn't really affect me since I'm following Fear Itself. If the stories are good I would love to have some tie-ins to enrich the main story, and there are some fantastic creative teams on them.

I do understand how someone not following Fear Itself could be ticked off though since most of Marvel's ongoing are tying in.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm I wonder if with Spencer and Hickman writing ultimate fallout, they'll be writing New ultimate ongoings when it has the soft relaunch/new status quo thing. Also probably going to get the .1 TPB, since they're all self contained stories.

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »

As much as we talk about gun rights, you'd think so.

As an aside, I approve of your avatar. I have to go watch that show on Netflix.

You, sir, are a man of taste.

Wildcat on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So Black Bolt is coming back? Here's hoping he gets taken down for not only nearly destroying the universe but also trying to terrigen mist everybody.

Weaver on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would be mad at Black Bolt

But honestly he is just so cool I can't

Solar on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wait, Alpha Flight is coming back again? What is this, the fourth time? Is it supposed to be an ongoing?

Nightslyr on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Wait, Alpha Flight is coming back again? What is this, the fourth time? Is it supposed to be an mini?

It is now!

Algertman on
    edited April 2011
    Actually it was intended as a mini but on CBR there is no 2 (of X) so it looks like it got turned into an ongoing.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Marvel does that all the time, watch for the issues later on. Thor: Mighty Avenger magically turned into a limited series with #8, same with Doctor Voodoo, Atlas, SWORD, etc.

TexiKen on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    I would be mad at Black Bolt

But honestly he is just so cool I can't

"Hey BB, remember Nova & Starlord? *crotchpunch*"

Weaver on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But Marvel already announced that it's an 8 issue mini.

Or at least it's been marked as that in Diamond's retailer information from day 1.

MastaP on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it's the opposite of what they did to TMA and Voodoo.

They have turned it from a mini TO an ongoing, or at least CBR's solicits have it seem that way.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Or the intern writing the solicits screwed up.

MastaP on