As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect: Blue Öyster Cult was wrong.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    G Rol wrote: »
    Forumite wrote: »
    Is it weird that I am looking forward to the music in ME3? I can't think of many other games where I do this.

The music in the ME series elevates the games to an even higher level. I wish more games would focus more on music and sound design like Bioware has done with this franchise

The coolest part of the suicide mission was when the above song started and the endgame unraveled

Chills, man

I know many people want this theme or that theme to make a return...but you all should have full faith in Clint Mansell. The score is going to be better than anything you could imagine. I promise.

I don't really doubt that, but considering the high praise the music from the first two games received, to switch composers for the climactic conclusion to the series seems odd to me.

There better be some Faunts, at the very least.

I believe was Jack Wall, the composer and his company Wall of Sound that decided to not to work on ME3. Clint Mansell, however is not a downgrade, and the only nervousness is not knowing how they will handle the big themes. Copyright isn't an issue, I would think, but what is Mansell's own desire to use other people's music/his own knowledge of the previous game's themes, how big of a fan he was. I think BioWare is aware, though, of how much people think of the music as a part of the series, so I think that they'd want to hat tip to the previous games.

If they did use M4 (Part 2) again, it'd be awesome if they made a theme out of it for a space battle. Also some sort of credits song, Faunts preferable.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got infracted the last time I brought weird Tali shit from the outer-internets into this thread so I won't post links or a quote or anything; but I will say that I read a post where a guy calculated the volume of Tali's spacesuit helmet, then divided that quantity by the average volume of one of his own ejaculations (which he also calculated) to provide a number of the amount of times he would have to masturbate to literally drown Tali in semen.

The_Scarab on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I got infracted the last time I brought weird Tali shit from the outer-internets into this thread so I won't post links or a quote or anything; but I will say that I read a post where a guy calculated the volume of Tali's spacesuit helmet, then divided that quantity by the average volume of one of his own ejaculations (which he also calculated) to provide a number of the amount of times he would have to masturbate to literally drown Tali in semen.

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Evil Weevil on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

what the goddamn everloving fuck D:

as a side note, kasumi should be romanceable in ME3. she's the best-adjusted person in the entire ME universe aside from the asari bartender.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    edited April 2011

Hmm. That's something you don't hear of often. Excuse me while I head off for a moment my garden shed with a shotgun, I believe there's a ceiling in there that need to be splatter painted with red and pink chunks.

Changing gears; I hope you can go back to planets from the first game. Feros and Noveria would be a trip.

DHS on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

You found that in under two minutes of searching?

Wow, the internet DOES provide.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is based, of course, on the assumption that quarians don't use semen as an oxygen processing membrane in the first place.

Her suit could already be full of man juice and we'd just never know.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

1,345 times?

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

I know, right? There's no way to really know that without having a decent estimate of the volume of Tali's head. And even then, you're totally discounting the decently non-zero possibility that the compound in question would either A) cause a fatal allergic reaction, B) be the carrier of an infectious disease, or C) contain something poisonous to Quarians, all of which could kill her before she drowns. What an idiot.

...that's what you guys are freaked out about, right?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why do you keep quoting him?

And why is he not infracted again?

Gnhhh.

On the other hand I love Mass Effect 2 so much that, having already played through it as paragon twice, I am starting to consider doing a full playthrough of ME1 -> ME2 as paragon just because I prefer the voice of femshep to that of stubbleshep.

Vic on
    edited April 2011
    Alternate reaction Scarab's find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA

DHS on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In other news, I've calculated the number of pages that a Mass Effect thread can go after the introduction of Tali squick before said thread at least temporarily devotes itself to Tali squick.

It's a really low number.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh god

Rest in peace, buddy.

You did good.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Wow, I'm playing back through ME and it's amazing how many potential McGuffins they've got set up on worlds in the exploration sections.

Crypt worlds, a planet that might be a supercomputer, one that conspiracy theorists think is made completely out of nanomachines, etc.

They did a lot of groundwork for 3 in 1.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vic wrote: »
    Why do you keep quoting him?

And why is he not infracted again?

Gnhhh.

On the other hand I love Mass Effect 2 so much that, having already played through it as paragon twice, I am starting to consider doing a full playthrough of ME1 -> ME2 as paragon just because I prefer the voice of femshep to that of stubbleshep.
    On that subject, I had to give up my female Shepard run 'cuz every time I stormed into cover at the Lazarus Base I'd think "Dang that lady has a sweet rear end" and then realize it was my rear end and the weirdness would overwhelm me.

So, back we go to buzz-cut, stubbled male Shepard. Who definitely does NOT have a sweet rear end.

Fairchild on
    edited April 2011
    How had I never found the planet with swarms of Rachni in ME1 before?

I thought I'd been everywhere.

OptimusZed on

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The surest sign in science fiction of a race of creatures which will be found swarming every planet in the stinking galaxy is being told, "Don't you worry, we wiped them out centuries ago."

Fairchild on
    edited April 2011
    Well, now you've got me listening to the ME2 soundtrack on my Ipod. There's a guy a couple of rows over who looks (and acts, the crabby old geezer) suspiciously Batarian, and I need all of my self-discipline to not go over and punch him in the face.

Fairchild on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I had also missed it on 2 playthroughs. Wait, is it the mine one or the Starship Troopers one?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hey, my maleshep has a sweet rear end!

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    edited April 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

I had also missed it on 2 playthroughs. Wait, is it the mine one or the Starship Troopers one?
    The mine one. But I just found the Starship Troopers one, and I've never done it before.

what else haven't I seen

OptimusZed on

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got all nostalgic for ME1 when we were talking about it the other day and started it up again. I've found that it is really boring now.

I guess you can't go home again. I'm glad to have Wrex again, at least.

I also noticed that Tali sounds really different. Her actress improved quite a bit.

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    I don't really remember shaving Wrex. Are you sure we're playing the same game?

The_Scarab on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    maybe you missed that planet

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    Well I'm about to rectify that. To the batinstaller!

The_Scarab on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

The mine one. But I just found the Starship Troopers one, and I've never done it before.

what else haven't I seen

Killed all the space monkeys?

That and the Rachni world were the ones I missed first time out and had to go back to add to the save.

chiasaur11 on
    edited April 2011
    on my canon runthroughs of ME1 (one femshep and one maleshep) i literally did everything in the game that wasn't locked away by choices of background etc.

my very first playthrough of ME1 was 70 hours, so i was pretty sure i didn't miss anything. :P

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    edited April 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

That and the Rachni world were the ones I missed first time out and had to go back to add to the save.
    Oh man, that has the best dialogue, when you run over a monkey in the Mako. Liara gives you a lecture about respecting life in the galaxy and all creatures' right to exist.

Wrex says, "Heh, good one."

Fairchild on
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, okay, so to catch myself up, I just read the last 3 pages... seriously, fuck all of you. But mainly you Scarab, you are horrible! Talimancers are horrible! Everything is horrible!

Ad astra on
    edited April 2011
    I'm not the poster you need right now, but the one you deserve.

The_Scarab on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Oh man, that has the best dialogue, when you run over a monkey in the Mako. Liara gives you a lecture about respecting life in the galaxy and all creatures' right to exist.

Another reason Wrex is the best and ME1 Liara is the worst.

chiasaur11 on
    edited April 2011

Okay, second-best dialogue.

Best Dialogue is Captain Ayala: (to Miranda) "Does Cerberus let you whore around in your underwear or do you always dress like that ?"

Jack: "Hey, I like her. Are we still recruiting ?"

Fairchild on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Best Dialogue is Captain Ayala: (to Miranda) "Does Cerberus let you whore around in your underwear or do you always dress like that ?"

Nothing ever beats
    joker21.jpg

Dox the PI on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

That's such a dumb line based on what Jack wears compared to Miranda. God I hate jack, if only there was an ashley/kaiden decision with her.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

That's such a dumb line based on what Jack wears compared to Miranda. God I hate jack, if only there was an ashley/kaiden decision with her.

there is

Dont get the Heavy Ship Armor and she'll die

Dox the PI on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I'm thinking about another playthrough of ME2 and I was thinking about romancing Tali because she's soooooo sweet and cute and I just want to hug her and neeeeeeeever let go.

So I got to thinking that after all this is done, what if she doesn't love me enough to not leave? So I think I'm going to get her exiled so she has nowhere else to go. Then we can be happy together on the Normandy and spend the rest of our lives together without her ever having to give a single thought to going back "home."

Is this a good idea?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Just don't upgrade the ship's armour. That's a decision.

Torso Boy on
    edited April 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about another playthrough of ME2 and I was thinking about romancing Tali because she's soooooo sweet and cute and I just want to hug her and neeeeeeeever let go.

So I got to thinking that after all this is done, what if she doesn't love me enough to not leave? So I think I'm going to get her exiled so she has nowhere else to go. Then we can be happy together on the Normandy and spend the rest of our lives together without her ever having to give a single thought to going back "home."

Is this a good idea?

Remember to kill Kal'Reager and Vetor as she might fall in love with them

Dox the PI on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Torso Boy wrote: »

Just don't upgrade the ship's armour. That's a decision.

I'm too much of a completionist! I can't not upgrade it! It would sit there and mock me, so I'm stuck with a poor vasquez.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2011
    Pancake wrote: »

Is this a good idea?

What if she decides she likes Garrus better? Or Mordin, I mean Mordin mentions a history of accidentally stealing girls.

You'd better get absolutely everyone else killed. Just to be safe.

chiasaur11 on