As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

keep an eye out

RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000Administrator, ClubPA admin
Keep an eye out for any new strange layout bugs since the addition of the mod/admin "badges". While I was in there, I also corrected something which has bugged me for a long time, which is, if you make a post with just a short bit of text, your signature creeps up right underneath your post.

Now, hopefully, that signature should stick to the bottom of the post-area. But I only have IE6 and mozilla to test on. So especially you safari ppl, let me know if everything is kosher.

Thx.

Ramius on

• Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Thx.

Rans on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2004
    Rans wrote:
    Thx.

chut pu

A duck! on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Holy shit, I just saw Ramius's sig. OK, who drugged Necro.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    I knew they seemed further spaced out than before...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    yes oh captain my captain

futility on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    so the h-scroll protection standard does not work in the topic review window.

futility on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2004
    futility wrote:

:?: :?:

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    futility wrote:

sorry, I will explain. So... in a thread that I was posting in, I noticed that in the topic review window (the little preview window below submit) that there was a post that way broke the h-scroll. But then when I hit post, the h-scroll breaking text was one squareish block of text and not a long h-scroll breaking line. Now either the doing of which is done by your software or some commendably lightningfast mod action. I just thought you should know.

and sorry for not being clear and also (at least in my tired mind) sounding flippant in this post.

futility on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    futility wrote:
    Ramius wrote:
    futility wrote:

sorry, I will explain. So... in a thread that I was posting in, I noticed that in the topic review window (the little preview window below submit) that there was a post that way broke the h-scroll. But then when I hit post, the h-scroll breaking text was one squareish block of text and not a long h-scroll breaking line. Now either the doing of which is done by your software or some commendably lightningfast mod action. I just thought you should know.

and sorry for not being clear and also (at least in my tired mind) sounding flippant in this post.

The only H-Scroll protecting code that I have put in is for jailed people. So if the person was jailed, then yes...you would see their post without scroll protection in the preview window, but WITH scroll protection in the topic.

I've also seen large images NOT break the scroll from time to time, but never consistently, and I've never been able to figure out how it works when it does. I've just noticed in some situations that I don't get a horizontal scrollbar, and if I want to see the right-side of the image, I need to stretch out my browser window.

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Unless the jail avatar funcitonis off or something I think it was just me being crazy. The h-scroll is no longer broken in either window. It was probably just really fast modwork. Shall I ever catch the mod resposible I'll buy them a beer.

futility on
  • Options
    ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2004
    When you post in the cool down period and it tells you that you can't post until a while, and you press "back" the text doesn't stay there any more. Although It may be a problem with my cache.

PS: I'm sorry for horrible sentance structure.

Thandor on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Thandor wrote:
    When you post in the cool down period and it tells you that you can't post until a while, and you press "back" the text doesn't stay there any more. Although It may be a problem with my cache.

PS: I'm sorry for horrible sentance structure.
    yeah, people complain about that from time to time, but that is a feature of your browser, not the BB code.

Ramius on
  • Options
    CailYoungCailYoung Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    No Safari bustage.

CailYoung on
    Freak this, I'm going to the toilet - Shaun Micallef
  • Options
    ChesterCheetahChesterCheetah Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    One time, Ramius, a guy who was jailed had been quoted and the text for his quote ignored the width of my window (around 600px). Everything else on the page was fine, but the text was running off to the right and I had to h-scroll about a screen's width to see it all. This was about a week ago. I would have screenshotted/reported it but: 1) I don't know how to printscreen on a Mac and 2) I am lazy. I didn't think this deserved it's own thread so hey, I threw it in here.

ChesterCheetah on
    nads.gif