As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• Options
    SulSeekerSulSeeker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Throwing my name in there too... game seems plenty fun.

Toon name : Dankley

SulSeeker on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I bought some stuff in general chat.

Of course I basically counter offered less than half of what they were asking for and still got it. Seems like people don't really know what a good market price for... anything is yet.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Really digging how the game looks and plays.

Character name is Acperience.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also if anyone comes across an Avenger recipe in Tier 3 I will love you forever. My name is Delphin in the game, just shoot me a message and i'll gladly pay you the price of the Recipe + 3000 Crowns.

If you do purchase the recipe be sure to post in here too so I don't suddenly have 4 recipes and owe 4 separate people 18,000 crowns :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the speedy invite Tofys! ^^

kfrooster on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Digging this game would like an invite. Charecter name is WillBedlam.

Just started last night. Wondering if you can sell off your old stuff or break it down into componants or something?

Also wondering how quickly mist regenerates.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also if anyone comes across an Avenger recipe in Tier 3 I will love you forever. My name is Delphin in the game, just shoot me a message and i'll gladly pay you the price of the Recipe + 3000 Crowns.

If you do purchase the recipe be sure to post in here too so I don't suddenly have 4 recipes and owe 4 separate people 18,000 crowns :(

I've got the recipe for you. Have had an extra one for a couple of days now. Mail the crowns to Viridian and I'll send the recipe your way. :)

aunsoph on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »

I've got the recipe for you. Have had an extra one for a couple of days now. Mail the crowns to Viridian and I'll send the recipe your way. :)

You have just made my day! I'll send you the crowns once I get home this evening.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DessartDessart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, could i get a guild invite? I'm going by belessd in the game

Dessart on
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is fun. I decided to try out bombing (mostly because I like the aesthetic of the Demo armour line), not many people seem to be doing it, at least pre-tier 2. No idea how effective it is compared to other weapons but sending lots of mobs sprawling has me hooked on bombs. Just need to get some other styles like the fire/poison bombs now.

Also, I too, would care for an invite if it can be done whilst I'm offline. Toon's name is Formulae.

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dessart wrote: »

no youre not, apparantly ;P

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Decided to give this a shot after reading about it on the front page. A little wary due to the cash shop but the ability to buy extra time using in game currency seems reasonable. I too would like entry to the guild please. In game name Furlion.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I enjoyed my time playing last night and will probably start playing a bunch more.

Guild request for my toon Redvike.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I don't know what changed (maybe something in the patch that was downloaded?) but I can now finally log in and play dis. Yay!

Unfortunately I am sick as a dog and have spent most of the day in bed. Yes, too sick even for vidya games. Boo!

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DessartDessart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    carmofin wrote: »
    Dessart wrote: »

no youre not, apparantly ;P

haha my bad, its bellesd

edit: well im retarded, i just realized i meant to name my guy belessd, but i named him bellesd instead. there goes my hopes for ever being an english major, I can't even spell my name right

Dessart on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm gonna leave the game on while I go to work, send Xagar a guild invite please!

This game is fun. I was amazed how awesome the final round of the first solo arena battle I did was - dodging robots while weaving my way through 10 rocket turrets, getting them to blow everything to smithereens.

Later, I brought a fire sword and died to wolf bosses, like, four times.

Xagar on
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Am online now, if anyone can toss an invite to Formulae, would be appreciated.

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Caught on this game, and I'm clueless as to how to proceed. Do I just keep going into the first two available clockwork dungeons until I get enough ingredients for T2 weapons?

Also, toss me an invite? Penguins in-game.

Lawful Evil on
    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just joined myself, send an invite to Brew, please.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, there should be 4 available dungeons,with 8 open levels for you.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Could I get an invite too? I'm Sporky in-game. :)

This is a pretty sweet game, too. I followed some advice on its forums and got my tier 2 sword on my first day (using the mist refill). I solo'd an arena and I feel badass now.
    Caught on this game, and I'm clueless as to how to proceed. Do I just keep going into the first two available clockwork dungeons until I get enough ingredients for T2 weapons?

This is the guide I found on their forums that helped me out a bit. Basically, work toward the Calibur sword to begin with, which will greatly improve your killing power.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Also, toss me an invite? Penguins in-game.
    If you are at the survivors camp you need to cross a dungeon to get to haven. Seprete from the one you go into the clockworks with.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I know Nick keeps an eye on this thread, so I wanted to mention my fairly underwhelming interaction with the GM support today.

After the patch I had been having an issue where joining or accepting invites from guild mates would cause my game to fade to black as if the loading screen were about to pop up, but the game would simply hang on the black screen perpetually, only able to move the mouse around and press esc to open up the options menu. I had to quit the game and try a few times to log back in, each time seeing that the game had still managed to successfully eat my 10 energy for the failed attempts. This happened 3 or 4 times during the day until someone suggested I file a support ticket.

The response I got was to file a bug report, a link to look at a generic tech help FAQ just in case I am computer illiterate, and advice to reinstall the game, and the ticket was closed out right then and there. No mention whatsoever of energy reimbursement (or an opportunity to ask for it since the ticket was immediately locked), and the unspoken implication that I would have to keep attempting to troubleshoot my issue at my own peril.

Why would I spend money on this game when the support dismisses my issue that the game has been eating my virtual funbucks?

I'm not even going to get into the closer to hundreds of energy lost due to having the matchmaking dump me into vendor terminal levels, a level in progress seconds before the end gate, or server hiccups resulting in disconnects while in a level.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I'm not even going to get into the closer to hundreds of energy lost due to having the matchmaking dump me into vendor terminal levels, a level in progress seconds before the end gate, or server hiccups resulting in disconnects while in a level.
    This is the only serious issue I have with the game. I think it is the thing they need to see to before anything else, or people will gradually get sick of being cheated out of money they paid for energy because there is no flexibility in the system.

There needs to be some kind of cooldown on elevator charges, and refunds if you disconnect in something like the first half of a level.

AH and other frills would be nice, but this is basic necessity.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ablarghugrghrggr

let me log iiiiiin

Zandracon on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Enig wrote: »
    This is the only serious issue I have with the game. I think it is the thing they need to see to before anything else, or people will gradually get sick of being cheated out of money they paid for energy because there is no flexibility in the system.

There needs to be some kind of cooldown on elevator charges, and refunds if you disconnect in something like the first half of a level.

Even worse is the bug where you join a group in a level, then immediately get disconnected from that group but OH WAIT, THE LEVEL IS STILL TUNED AS IF FOUR PEOPLE WERE THERE.

That's a blast.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So i started playing 'dis.

Worth it or just a fun diversion for a day?

joshua1 on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think it's down now or something, I can't log on (no such user).

Xagar on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Enig wrote: »

Even worse is the bug where you join a group in a level, then immediately get disconnected from that group but OH WAIT, THE LEVEL IS STILL TUNED AS IF FOUR PEOPLE WERE THERE.

That's a blast.

Which so far has happened to me twice.

In danger rooms. Filled with spikes, a dozen ice gels, a gigantic fucking spiked lichen, oh and yeah, all of the blocks around the edges are unbroken.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the guild invite. I am only a few energy short of crafting the calibur following the same advice as someone posted earlier in the thread. Its pretty easy to manage a few hours of play time a day. Also the game pad is definitely my preferred way to play this.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm really digging this. Would love an invite to the guild, my character's name is Rhaps.

Is trading done entirely by chat and mailing? I'm looking for two swordstones to make my Calibur, but don't want to get screwed over.

EDIT: Well nevermind my question, turns out there is a trading interface, silly me. Now it's just a matter of determining whether 1.9k crowns for 2 swordstones was a ripoff. :P

Rhapsody on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rhapsody wrote: »
    I'm really digging this. Would love an invite to the guild, my character's name is Rhaps.

Is trading done entirely by chat and mailing? I'm looking for two swordstones to make my Calibur, but don't want to get screwed over.
    I believe you can open up a trade window. I think I did that by accident once. Try clicking on the player with whom you'd like to trade to bring up that menu, it should be there I think.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Loving this game. Pleasantly surprised by the Mac Hall guy being the art lead. You think we'll get an Aussie Rules Quiddich bomb? :)

In as Jacoby (off and on, and in a different time zone, so you might not see me online).

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rhapsody wrote: »

EDIT: Well nevermind my question, turns out there is a trading interface, silly me. Now it's just a matter of determining whether 1.9k crowns for 2 swordstones was a ripoff. :P

Definitely. it's a buyer's market right now, so it's worth it to shop around. If you go to a populated instance (click the top of the minimap to change which instance of the town you're in) and ask around for a while, you'll find tons of people willing to sell, and a lot of them are asking for way too much or way too little.

Also, if you advertise you're buying (instead of whispering someone selling), you can get multiple responses and play them off eachother. Today, I bought 4 swordstones at 450c each, because I kept telling people they could sell to me if they could beat the last lowest price I was offered. People are so desperate to sell you can get them to undercut eachother quite easily.

Also, I'd just like to say to any new players that low level bombs are a complete waste of crowns. My 3* bomb does as much in one explosion as a single, non charge swing of my 3* sword (calibur line). Unless you really need the status effects they offer, they don't seem to be good for anything until you get to the 4-5* versions. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way :(

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    JerakalJerakal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well since I had no idea about this thread, I have made my own Penny Arcade themed guild.

We are 'The Lookouts'.

It currently consists of me and a few other penny arcade fans.

My username is also Jerakal in-game, look me up.

The lot of us have barely reached tier-2 gear, so we're still pretty scrubbly, but I'm crafting as fast as I can.

Jerakal on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    Also, I'd just like to say to any new players that low level bombs are a complete waste of crowns. My 3* bomb does as much in one explosion as a single, non charge swing of my 3* sword (calibur line). Unless you really need the status effects they offer, they don't seem to be good for anything until you get to the 4-5* versions. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way :(
    Well I don't know if it's variation in bomb types or what, but my 2* bomb does about the same damage as a single 2* sword swing, making it effective for larger groups. Possibly at 3* level the sword is more powerful than a bomb though. I have yet to upgrade my bomb to 3* unfortunately.

A nice bonus is that the projectile/shrapnel type bombs can also hit multiple times one a single target if you place it in their face, which can be nice burst damage. They are harder to use though in general, so it evens out.

I still haven't decided whether I like gun or bomb as a secondary weapon.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The damage bombs are probably a waste of time, but the status effect bombs can be extremely useful support tools for arenas and danger paths.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    send an invite out to DokJosh, please.

*hackslash*

*pewpewpew*

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Couple Questions:

1)How I mine 4 clanchat?
    2) Ive upgraded a bit of my gear and was wondering if I could do anything with the old stuff. Everything says bind on equip but maybe I could break it into materials or something.
    3) Is there any way to change my colors or am I stuck with what I picked when I signed up?
    4) I noticed 200 energy was only 75 cents. Does paypal charge a service fee for using such a small amout? Becuase I might be interested.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Katha is still hoping for a friendly neighborhood guildinvite.

Saphier on