As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOTRO] I'll see you on the other side. The Barrovian Society 2007-2014

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Glornt - Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Those popup bars for mounts and such would solve my problems I think.

Also if I'm not mistaken you can double-tap F1 to select your pet. F1 selects you and when you are selected F1 again selects your pet.

Aldo - I have a fair bit of inv stuff. Pickaxe, jewel crafting tool, potions, and they do add up.
    Plus I can't go beyond key 7 when it comes to active skills because I can't reliably hit the buttons. I use the far right end of the first 4 tool bars for skills I don't use often and I mouse click em.

Any one know what increases quest log slots? I used to have 40 I thought and now I have 42 and a friend of mine says his log is 43. I figured it was some reward I didn't notice.

vamen on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Quest log capacity increases with level, iirc.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    vamen wrote: »
    Glornt Any one know what increases quest log slots? I used to have 40 I thought and now I have 42 and a friend of mine says his log is 43. I figured it was some reward I didn't notice.

For every 40 deeds you complete, you gain one extra quest slot, capping at, IIRC, 50 slots. If you hover over the current quests/max quests display in the quest log window, a tooltip should pop up showing how many deeds you've completed towards the next bonus quest slot.

Anti-Sean on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Glornt Any one know what increases quest log slots? I used to have 40 I thought and now I have 42 and a friend of mine says his log is 43. I figured it was some reward I didn't notice.

For every 40 deeds you complete, you gain one extra quest slot, capping at, IIRC, 50 slots. If you hover over the current quests/max quests display in the quest log window, a tooltip should pop up showing how many deeds you've completed towards the next bonus quest slot.

Ah neat.
    Been playing LOTRO since release (given, with huge breaks here and there) and there's still tons of basic stuff I don't know about.

Thanks for the info (you too Triple B!)

vamen on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Glornt - Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Those popup bars for mounts and such would solve my problems I think.

Also if I'm not mistaken you can double-tap F1 to select your pet. F1 selects you and when you are selected F1 again selects your pet.

Aldo - I have a fair bit of inv stuff. Pickaxe, jewel crafting tool, potions, and they do add up.
    Plus I can't go beyond key 7 when it comes to active skills because I can't reliably hit the buttons. I use the far right end of the first 4 tool bars for skills I don't use often and I mouse click em.

Any one know what increases quest log slots? I used to have 40 I thought and now I have 42 and a friend of mine says his log is 43. I figured it was some reward I didn't notice.
    I can reliably hit 1-7, ctrl 1-4, alt-1 and shift 1-6. Everything beyond that is click-click for me too. I have nearly all non-combat stuff either in my inventory or in the sidebar. There's also some silly stuff like the one that makes everyone sneeze or to sneak together with someone else stashed away in my skillbook, because I don't use them.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I use "make everyone sneeze" way more often than I should, so it's on my skillbar =)
    Of course it OR party sneak will go away if need be.

vamen on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So you guys don't know me, but I played LOTRO at launch, and though I didn't buy a lifetime subscription, I did play for a month or two with the reduced subscription option. But then I quit and moved on to another MMO (it happens).

Anyway, I'm interested in the changes LOTRO has made since then, and since as a previous subscriber I'm automatically Premium, I figured I'd give it a shot. And it just so happens that my characters were on Landroval! So, I don't remember exactly what level I had them at, and I'm not even sure I want to keep them right now, but I know I had a Captain and a Minstrel somewhere in the upper 30s maybe? I honestly think I may be better off starting fresh, but I guess we'll see.

The entire point of this is to ask if it'd be ok for me to look you guys up whenever this long installation process finishes (and I delete that awful uploader program once I don't need it anymore). So, would it?

Murphy on
  • Options
    GlorntGlornt I'm the Bob Ross of Wombats. And I just had a "happy accident"... in my pants!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I checked tonight and TonicBars isn't installed; what I remember must've been from watching a demo video. Looks good, though.

And -- YES! -- the F1 thing does work; thanks a bunch for that tip -- my captain and LM also thank you...

Glornt on
    LOTRO (Landroval): Clontarf (62 Batman), Theorwald (60 LM), Glornt (56 guardian), Onzlo (58 minstrel), Porthian (54 warden), Vilric (54 burglar), Feyerborn (54 hunter), Rudkin (54 champ), Limnon (53 RK)
    Glorntisms
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Murphy wrote: »
    So you guys don't know me, but I played LOTRO at launch, and though I didn't buy a lifetime subscription, I did play for a month or two with the reduced subscription option. But then I quit and moved on to another MMO (it happens).

Anyway, I'm interested in the changes LOTRO has made since then, and since as a previous subscriber I'm automatically Premium, I figured I'd give it a shot. And it just so happens that my characters were on Landroval! So, I don't remember exactly what level I had them at, and I'm not even sure I want to keep them right now, but I know I had a Captain and a Minstrel somewhere in the upper 30s maybe? I honestly think I may be better off starting fresh, but I guess we'll see.

The entire point of this is to ask if it'd be ok for me to look you guys up whenever this long installation process finishes (and I delete that awful uploader program once I don't need it anymore). So, would it?

Pfft. No.
    Info on how to join is in the OP. :mrgreen:

Triple B on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've been having a lot of fun lately. Thanks again to Sangred for hooking me up with the sweet set of armor. You ladies better be logging into vent! Don't make me "Shing-Shing" your asses!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Triple B wrote: »

Pfft. No.
    Info on how to join is in the OP. :mrgreen:

He's only been a forumer since 2004. We can't let every hit and run noob in.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    greebzillagreebzilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Entaru wrote: »
    I really need to start looking at hooking myself up with a second ager. What's the most reliable way to a symbol? Skirmishes or is there a 6-man that drops them? Don't get me wrong I love my hammer but I could use a boost at about this point.

I also think when my point allowance rolls in this weekend I'm going to buy the two LI slots so I can have more LI's on tap for their delicious Legacies.
    symbol:
    I've seen 2 show up in the chests for the school/library instances in the last 2 weeks.

You can also trade with the 'Legendary Items' vendor in skirmish camps for one (under Unidentified Items category) for 1005 skirm marks and 5 superior third marks.

or hit the AH for choking on absurd prices...

greebzilla on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm staying at work late so that I make sure to enter the extra lottery for the horse they are doing at 5pm edt.

I have a sickness.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Awesome, thanks! I'll contact you guys when I log in later.

I think I might be better starting off fresh though. I logged into my characters last night, and I was just like "Ok, I have no clue what any of these abilities do, or what I'm supposed to be doing right now and holy hell where am I?"

Or at least, I'll start a new character in my 3rd slot and then as I pick things up use the older characters again. Need to get my LOTRO footing back, I guess.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I think I might be better starting off fresh though. I logged into my characters last night, and I was just like "Ok, I have no clue what any of these abilities do, or what I'm supposed to be doing right now and holy hell where am I?"

Or at least, I'll start a new character in my 3rd slot and then as I pick things up use the older characters again. Need to get my LOTRO footing back, I guess.

Do not delete your older guys. they have extra benifits for being made when they were VIP. They have no bag space limitations, they have all of the virtue slots unlocked, no gold cap, and they have swift travel.

They are quite worth going back to.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's the horse?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Do not delete your older guys. they have extra benifits for being made when they were VIP. They have no bag space limitations, they have all of the virtue slots unlocked, no gold cap, and they have swift travel.

They are quite worth going back to.

Good to know. I'll still create a third guy in the empty slot though, so I can get a feel for the game again, and then when I'm feeling confident about things, I can switch back to one of my other characters.

Murphy on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Suds wrote: »
    What's the horse?

I don't want to link pictures from another site directly, so here's a link to some pics.

http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/2011/04/pictures-of-the-steed-of-minas-ithil/

It's the Steed of Minas Ithil. A mount with white and blue coverings.

Cobell on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've entered every lottery for it so far, and no luck yet. I MUST HAS.

Triple B on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Those horses look pretty awesome. A lot cooler looking than the Steed of Night.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really like the look of this one. I may even buy it for Pheny if I don't win one.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Everyone here who's on Facebook needs to "Like" Peter Jackson, and watch his first video from the set of The Hobbit.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm having some serious FPS issues. I don't get it. My crappy desktop was able to play the game on high back at launch, and now my far better laptop is getting sub-10 FPS on anything that isn't "Very Poor" quality graphics. And even then it only goes up to 20.

I've been searching through the official forums, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm having some serious FPS issues. I don't get it. My crappy desktop was able to play the game on high back at launch, and now my far better laptop is getting sub-10 FPS on anything that isn't "Very Poor" quality graphics. And even then it only goes up to 20.

I've been searching through the official forums, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is.

Did you download the high-res client? Also you might want to try turning off dx11 if the game has enabled it.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

When I came back to FTP, that's exactly what I did and it worked wonders. I remember logging into my level 50 burglar and thinking "I have 4 hotbars worth of skills that I have no idea what they do, one backpack full of spare armor for some reason, and a ton of old crafting items that apparently don't exist anymore". I quickly started a new character and felt a lot better about getting back into the game. Now I'm back to my burglar and it's going just fine.

ShadowofVT on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Did you download the high-res client? Also you might want to try turning off dx11 if the game has enabled it.

I downloaded whatever client came with the free download. I didn't go out of my way to specifically download the HR client. And DX11 was not enabled. Though I appreciate the suggestion.

@ShadowofVT - Yeah, I started a new Lorekeeper, which is a class I'd never played in the past for some reason, and have been enjoying it, save for the shit performance I'm experiencing. Just having the tutorials and the gradual gain of spells from the ground up is helping re-acclimate me to LOTRO.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I downloaded whatever client came with the free download. I didn't go out of my way to specifically download the HR client. And DX11 was not enabled. Though I appreciate the suggestion.

Try this:

"Try opening the game launcher and click the "single triangle" button at the top right of the launcher window. From here, select options and then click on the Repair tab and check the box next to "Reset the game display settings." Turbine rep from the F2P forums.

See if you can tweak them from there. Maybe it detected wrong?

Seidkona on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I haven't been on more often lately. Work has been pretty bad. This week should be better though. I know Hj has been wanting to complete the Forochel 6man.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Try this:

"Try opening the game launcher and click the "single triangle" button at the top right of the launcher window. From here, select options and then click on the Repair tab and check the box next to "Reset the game display settings." Turbine rep from the F2P forums.

See if you can tweak them from there. Maybe it detected wrong?

OMG that totally worked. thank you so much!

Murphy on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone know where I could find a good Lotro Sig?

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If you have to have a LOTRO sig, I'd say make your own. Take a screenshot and chop it up in PhotoShop or something.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Things I'm not too bad at: Watching other peoples health, HoH healing.

Things I'm not too great at: Watching my own health, Staying out of the fire.

Edit: I also didn't get in Vent last night because my wife was sleeping on the couch. One week until I have a computer room.

Edit2: Mouse has been crapping out. That's what I get for trying to get fancy. New Logitech is on it's way and by the time I get back up from the move next weekend I should have it. Nothing like trying to heal and have your mouse flip it's shit so you have to switch to the touchpad.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol...

So. Today, in the ale-hall? I didn't realize what chat channel I was in...turns out I was in /say, and I may have...used a bad word. Unheard-of, I know! But...apparently someone took offense 'cause shortly thereafter, I was kicked from the game due to temporary suspension of my account. o_O

See you guys in three days, then. :lol:

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    lol...

So. Today, in the ale-hall? I didn't realize what chat channel I was in...turns out I was in /say, and I may have...used a bad word. Unheard-of, I know! But...apparently someone took offense 'cause shortly thereafter, I was kicked from the game due to temporary suspension of my account. o_O

I would never have pegged you as a potty mouth, potty mouth!

Seidkona on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    lol...

Wait, so someone turned off their profanity filter then flag people when people use profanity?

Cobell on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    lol...

I must know the word in question. The curiosity burns me.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think you should log into vent, Hj. We'll tell you all about our adventures in Sari-Surma.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Cobell wrote: »
    lol...

Wait, so someone turned off their profanity filter then flag people when people use profanity?

Yep. I think Darwin said something about those folks at one point...

Edit: And Flabbs, it was the "F" word.

....not that "F" word. The other "F" word. That for some reason, people still think it's a hate slur for homosexuals, even though it hasn't meant that for like 20 years. That said, I'm not saying I didn't deserve at least a little bit of disciplinary action for it (really should pay more attention to what chat channel I'm set to), but a 3-day suspension I'm not so sure about.

Triple B on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That explains your sudden disappearance.

brb laughing

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You got suspended for saying the word "Frenchman"?

Sir Carcass on