As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Couple Questions:

1)How I mine 4 clanchat?
    2) Ive upgraded a bit of my gear and was wondering if I could do anything with the old stuff. Everything says bind on equip but maybe I could break it into materials or something.
    3) Is there any way to change my colors or am I stuck with what I picked when I signed up?
    4) I noticed 200 energy was only 75 cents. Does paypal charge a service fee for using such a small amout? Becuase I might be interested.

1) /g
    2) You can use old gear to make better stuff through crafting, or use it as a cosmetic item. Don't think there is anything else unfortunately.
    3) You're stuck.
    4) Don't know. I use a credit card.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Enig wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    Also, I'd just like to say to any new players that low level bombs are a complete waste of crowns. My 3* bomb does as much in one explosion as a single, non charge swing of my 3* sword (calibur line). Unless you really need the status effects they offer, they don't seem to be good for anything until you get to the 4-5* versions. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way :(
    Well I don't know if it's variation in bomb types or what, but my 2* bomb does about the same damage as a single 2* sword swing, making it effective for larger groups. Possibly at 3* level the sword is more powerful than a bomb though. I have yet to upgrade my bomb to 3* unfortunately.

A nice bonus is that the projectile/shrapnel type bombs can also hit multiple times one a single target if you place it in their face, which can be nice burst damage. They are harder to use though in general, so it evens out.

I still haven't decided whether I like gun or bomb as a secondary weapon.

Well, that's about the same damage ratio as mine, but in the time it takes to charge a bomb (even with charge time reduction on three pieces of gear) you could have swung a sword 4-5 times, and you're lucky to hit 4-5 enemies every time with a bomb.

Unfortunately the status effect bomb recipes seem to be very difficult to find, as I haven't seen a single one in over 14 hours of play (or maybe I'm just unlucky), so this bomber armor is just gonna rot until I can pay to have a decent bomb crafted.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow, the last run I tried I was getting dropped from the game every couple minutes. How delightful.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's the point of the materials? Are they just for walking up to an immature gate and clicking "auto sell" or is there a reason to horde them/use them wisely?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Theoretically certain interested groups, like a wealthy guild can sort of put a "bounty" on certain types of materials such that people will be incentivized to collect more of that color. In doing so, people get more money for that type of material, and the person who puts up the boost has some degree of control over how new gates develop. I have yet to see anyone actually place a boost however, and I remain skeptical about how effective it would actually be considering most people simply collect whatever happens to be the biggest sized material crystal and then autosell everything.

Scosglen on
    edited April 2011
    That's kind of what I figured. It seems like the devs wanted it to be a thing high level players would do to control the dungeon generation and get the drops they want, but in practice nobody considers it to be worth it. You'd have to increase the price multiple times to make choosing a small piece of red preferable to a large chunk of blue, for example.

And now, an unrelated question: arenas or treasure vaults, which are a better source of income and items? I've only done an arena a few times, and I don't know if it'd be worth my while to wait on a vault opening up to try it out.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Treasure vaults are actually pretty lackluster in terms of actual treasure. Very mediocre crown return. The only notable rewards from treasure vaults are Tokens, and the fact that they take very little time.

Arenas, in terms of crowns and materials, are far far more lucrative.

Scosglen on
    edited April 2011
    Again, that's what I thought would be the case. :) Especially when soloing and you get all the drops from every monster.

UncleSporky on
  • JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's amazing how much more fun this game becomes with an xbox controller. I've just used my first days energy, can I join the pa guild?

Jives on
  • MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you have the Demo armour and whatever bomb maxed in level, your charge speed goes up from medium to very high, I seem to be able to drop a bomb about once every 2 seconds.

The blast bombs are situational but with big packs (5+) I was knocking up about 400 to 700 damage per 2 star bomb depending on the amount of mobs...so they have their uses but it's unwise to use them on anything less than lots, this is true.

Having said that I just managed to get the 3 star freeze bomb recipe so if you want me to craft you one at some point I can. Still haven't found the fire or poison bomb recipes yet =/.

MyCoCo on
  • Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If anyone with invite powers is online, kindly send one up to Penguins.

Lawful Evil on
    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
    edited April 2011
    Can anyone here craft a Cobalt armor or Defender shield for cheap or free (with mats)?

I also don't have the Iron Gears for them yet, so if someone would be willing to sell me those that'd be great too.

I won't be able to be on for another 6 hours or so, just wanted to ask early.

UncleSporky on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can anyone here craft a Cobalt armor or Defender shield for cheap or free (with mats)?

I also don't have the Iron Gears for them yet, so if someone would be willing to sell me those that'd be great too.

I won't be able to be on for another 6 hours or so, just wanted to ask early.

Yes and Yes, and I have plenty of iron gears. However I won't be in game for another 10 hours. :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys, I'm looking to craft a mage set, basically a gunner except I will be using frost and stun guns. Any ideas what the best suit of armor to craft for that is?

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For reference:

Wolver set adds sword damage.
    Gunslinger set adds gun damage.
    Demo set adds bomb damage.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited April 2011
    So should I not go for 2-star cobalt stuff, since people around here have access to better long-term recipes in terms of upgrading?

Should I go for damage enhancement with something like wolver, or a defensive set like magic gear? Choices...

UncleSporky on
    edited April 2011
    So should I not go for 2-star cobalt stuff, since people around here have access to better long-term recipes in terms of upgrading?

Should I go for damage enhancement with something like wolver, or a defensive set like magic gear? Choices...

I'm in full 4 star Cobalt at the moment, it is a solid set for availability (all the recipes are on the haven vendor) and for just straight up mitigation and health.

However it is not strong or weak against any elements or shadow so it is not as useful in the higher tier areas (Still good mind you, but more middle of the road)

I haven't really decided what set to go with at the moment but I may end up going with Shadow resist because the most irritating things to fight against right now for me are the fiends in Tier 3. Having some basic mitigation against them and using the Avenger will make it much more manageable.

The only issue is that the Fiends themselves aren't all shadow damage, they have various types of damage that they use as well. So i'll probably need to get a shield that has good normal and Elemental resistance to help with that.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Would like an invite to the guild, in as Biosyst.

Only just started, seems like a pretty fun game so far.

Biosys on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I do believe I'll be starting this tonight

Xaquin on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If anyone loots a Philoso Feather, please let me know. They're currently rare, and it's the last mat I need for my Grey Owlite Shield. I'll gladly pay 15k Crowns for one.

(Whisper/Mail Viridian if you get one.)

aunsoph on
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »
    If anyone loots a Philoso Feather, please let me know. They're currently rare, and it's the last mat I need for my Grey Owlite Shield. I'll gladly pay 15k Crowns for one.

I'm assuming the cat ghosts in Tier 3 drop it? If so I'll keep an eye out.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »

I'm assuming the cat ghosts in Tier 3 drop it? If so I'll keep an eye out.

Yep, they're the only ones that drop it. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

aunsoph on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Does anybody know where to get the wolver armor recipe? The wiki doesn't mention where to get it and nobody I asked seemed to know either.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited April 2011
    The problem with the gate, is that people have noticed that areas will drop more of the type of crystal that created them.

The tutorial teaches you to go for the biggest crystals and sell them all, and since the majority of the populace does that... Well, the current gates have a lot of beasts, which means there are a lot of green crystals, which are making the new gates almost entirely beasts. When those gates open, the cycle will continue. Unless there's a conscious effort to sell only specific types of crystals, I could see things getting much worse down the line. You can already see the new gates going up are getting progressively more and more beast oriented, and the amount of money necessary to influence the gates is ridiculous as to be unachieveable, especially if people just keep selling all.

[strike]Also, I have the recipes for the Chroma Mask/Suit that I'm trying to unload. I'd be willing to sell them at cost to anyone in the guild. I accidentally bought them thinking they'd be a nice 3* armor (because they're the only 3* armor recipes I've seen yet), not realizing how ridiculously expensive the materials for them are. Too much for someone struggling to get out of t2.[/strike]

Nevermind, just sold them.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited April 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    Does anybody know where to get the wolver armor recipe? The wiki doesn't mention where to get it and nobody I asked seemed to know either.

Most recipes (aside from the ones sold in Haven) are going to come from the recipe vendors in the Clockworks as you descend. Those recipes are random and you basically have to do a bunch of "recipes " runs in order to get the ones you want.
    Alternatively the Wolver Recipe since it is a lower star one, also has a chance to show up on the Green Recipe vendor in Haven, his recipes change once a day.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    Darmak wrote: »

Most recipes (aside from the ones sold in Haven) are going to come from the recipe vendors in the Clockworks as you descend. Those recipes are random and you basically have to do a bunch of "recipes " runs in order to get the ones you want.
    Alternatively the Wolver Recipe since it is a lower star one, also has a chance to show up on the Green Recipe vendor in Haven, his recipes change once a day.

I thought I might have to go down into the clockworks and look for it. I didn't know that the green recipe vendor changed his stuff once a day though, I'll have to check him occasionally. Thanks for the help!

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited April 2011
    How much for a Force Dynamo, and can anyone sell me one? :)

UncleSporky on
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Darmak, I bought the recipe last night and made myself a wolver coat, so if you're just looking to make one for yourself and have the mats/ce, I could cook one up for you and save you the trouble.

Rhapsody on
    edited April 2011
    Rhapsody wrote: »
    Darmak, I bought the recipe last night and made myself a wolver coat, so if you're just looking to make one for yourself and have the mats/ce, I could cook one up for you and save you the trouble.

I'm at work right now and I don't know if I have all the mats but when I get home I'll take a look and let you know if/when I do. :)

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is anybody else running into issues playing with a 360 controller? When I'm in joy.cpl, in Win 7, it recognizes presses of all buttons and directions. When I try and use the d-pad for Quikslot items, it only recognizes it for slots 1 and 3. I assigned strafe to LT and attack to RT, and if I'm holding strafe, I can't attack. If I'm holding attack to charge, and press strafe, it interrupts the charge. Is that a control issue, or is are those two actions just incompatible? I never really strafed when I played with a mouse so I don't know.

May not play much tonight. Kind of beat and have stuff to do, but if I get on, I'll probably just be there to use today's ME for crafting 1 and 2* stuff for our newer folk.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OK, so, I finally got a chance to try this. Did the tutorial area and then led a party across the chasm, so now I'm at Haven. Still don't have more than a ghost of a clue what this is all about, but if we've got some sort of group started (and it appears we do), I'm game. My dude's name is Arklite.

Gaslight on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much exactly what Gaslight said. I tried the tutorial, and it's presented in a way that definitely has me open to exploring the concept some more. In game name's Hullis.

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited April 2011
    Is anybody else running into issues playing with a 360 controller? When I'm in joy.cpl, in Win 7, it recognizes presses of all buttons and directions. When I try and use the d-pad for Quikslot items, it only recognizes it for slots 1 and 3. I assigned strafe to LT and attack to RT, and if I'm holding strafe, I can't attack. If I'm holding attack to charge, and press strafe, it interrupts the charge. Is that a control issue, or is are those two actions just incompatible? I never really strafed when I played with a mouse so I don't know.

May not play much tonight. Kind of beat and have stuff to do, but if I get on, I'll probably just be there to use today's ME for crafting 1 and 2* stuff for our newer folk.

You just need to rebind the quickslots to the dpad. I don't know why, but the initial binding is wonky. Simply going in and rebinding it fixed all my problems.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • JerakalJerakal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone else have a problem where they can't log in to one of their characters, but the others log in just fine?

My game hands on the 'Heading to town...' message when I try to log in to my main.

Jerakal on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One thing that I've noticed on the Sapphire Skull's Gate page (the page that opens when you click on it in Haven) is that if you start at Tier 2, it claims it'll cost 10 energy and 200 crowns to go down. This is unique among the gates and also doesn't appear to be the case for Tier 1.

I don't know if Nick or any other 3R employees reading the thread can clarify on this. Is it charging crowns (I didn't notice). Is it a typo? Is it a charge for starting at Tier 2, or do you start paying it if you started at Tier 1 and made your way down to Tier 2?

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    One thing that I've noticed on the Sapphire Skull's Gate page (the page that opens when you click on it in Haven) is that if you start at Tier 2, it claims it'll cost 10 energy and 200 crowns to go down. This is unique among the gates and also doesn't appear to be the case for Tier 1.

I don't know if Nick or any other 3R employees reading the thread can clarify on this. Is it charging crowns (I didn't notice). Is it a typo? Is it a charge for starting at Tier 2, or do you start paying it if you started at Tier 1 and made your way down to Tier 2?

If you have reached tier 2 after starting in tier 1 on a specific gate, any future visit from haven will cost no crowns.

If you go straight to tier 2 on a gate that you have not cleared Tier 1 on, it will cost you crowns.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    Whoever went through all of Tier 1 with me, I figured out where that key we missed in the grassy area was! You have to shoot the blocks floating all over the place until you find one with a switch in it, which spawns the key.

UncleSporky on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fire levels hurt

Zandracon on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Fire levels hurt

Oh good lord that was painful.

Wassermelone on
    edited April 2011
    This isn't a real big problem for me, but for whatever reason I absolutely can NOT bookmark the Spiral Knights webpage at home. It might just be an issue with Chrome or something, I don't know. I just know that I click on bookmark and I select a folder and it's there. Then if I close the browser and open it back up it's not there anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png