As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whoever went through all of Tier 1 with me, I figured out where that key we missed in the grassy area was! You have to shoot the blocks floating all over the place until you find one with a switch in it, which spawns the key.

Son of a bitch... :lol:

Rhapsody on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    This isn't a real big problem for me, but for whatever reason I absolutely can NOT bookmark the Spiral Knights webpage at home. It might just be an issue with Chrome or something, I don't know. I just know that I click on bookmark and I select a folder and it's there. Then if I close the browser and open it back up it's not there anymore. Anyone have any ideas?
    Do you think it's the Spiral Knights site? I.E., can you bookmark anything else? SK's wiki or forums or an unrelated site?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    One thing that I've noticed on the Sapphire Skull's Gate page (the page that opens when you click on it in Haven) is that if you start at Tier 2, it claims it'll cost 10 energy and 200 crowns to go down. This is unique among the gates and also doesn't appear to be the case for Tier 1.

I don't know if Nick or any other 3R employees reading the thread can clarify on this. Is it charging crowns (I didn't notice). Is it a typo? Is it a charge for starting at Tier 2, or do you start paying it if you started at Tier 1 and made your way down to Tier 2?

If you have reached tier 2 after starting in tier 1 on a specific gate, any future visit from haven will cost no crowns.

If you go straight to tier 2 on a gate that you have not cleared Tier 1 on, it will cost you crowns.

Oh wow, I somehow never noticed this. That would explain why some gates seem more profitable than others, even when I take out things like arenas. I'll definitely have to clear T1 more often.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, yeah, fire breathing dogs+oil slimes=hahahalolno.

That was pain.

Edit: Also, Woo having skolver cap/coat recipes and wild hunting blade recipe.

Now to just grind out the necessary heat. so slow.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you can manage to avoid the flaming oil slimes (or the quicksilver slimes when they get shocked) they'll kill everything else. Same thing with the big tree guys. If you time your dodges/knockbacks right, you can have them hit and stun other enemies.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just did a couple runs on...I guess it's called Haunted Passage? And bought some new armor suit, which I'm pretty sure is crappier than the one I already had, just because what the heck. Wanted to see how it looked on my toonbot. I realized that the armor I picked during character creation had a breastplate that looks rather like a breastplate and I started wondering whether my toonbot was male or female, or even whether Spiral Knights toonbots have genders, so I decided to replace it with something that wouldn't remind of such troubling uncertainties.

This seems fun but I can't remember the last time I've had less idea what the hell was going on when starting a game. Agenda which I have been able to piece together thus far:
    • Dungeon-crawl
    • Kill whatsits, acquire rock-thingies, earn shinies
    • Deposit rock-thingies...in gate gizmos to open up more dungeons or something?
    • Use shinies to pimp out toonbot
    • Repeat

I have already seen some people with toonbots which appear pimped out to a remarkably enviable extent, and I find myself incentivized to keep playing by this in spite of myself.

Except now there's apparently server downtime.

Gaslight on
    edited April 2011
    The "deposit rock thingies" part doesn't even seem to be that important.

Essentially you learn what the dungeon icons mean and go into the dungeons that have the monsters that drop the items you need to craft the equipment you want. You find out most of the information from the largely out of date wiki.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    haha made a guy named Xaquin and the servers go down =)

I'll try to find you all tomorrow night

Xaquin on
  • JerakalJerakal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, do we have any idea how long they'll be down? This game is my new obsession.

Jerakal on
  • TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay yeah I'm definitely hooked into this now. I currently have a crappy newbie named Trytann braving the clockwork and all that. Get me in on this shit!

Trynant on
    edited April 2011
    The deposit rock thingies step is arguably the most important step in the entire game, assuming people still want to be able to make all the cool armor and weapons out there, which necessitates opening dungeons with access to the right types of monsters.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, how do you even determine which levels have the stuff you're after, and beyond that, how hard is it to actually get people to put in the right combination of minerals to get the gates you're after in a new gate?

Jerakal on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Finished exam today, got lots of time to play Spiral Knights this evening.....

servers down! :?
    Jerakal wrote: »
    Yeah, how do you even determine which levels have the stuff you're after, and beyond that, how hard is it to actually get people to put in the right combination of minerals to get the gates you're after in a new gate?
    It's mostly kind of intuitive. Mystical-sounding things come from fiend or ghost levels. Claws and things like that come from beast levels. Screws and scrap come from mechanical levels, etc.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited April 2011
    Jerakal wrote: »

I wanted to make a Calibur sword, so I went to the wiki and typed in Calibur. I saw that it required Bronze Bolt, so I clicked on that. Apparently it's dropped by the Gun Puppy series of enemies, with show up in several specific areas. Calibur also requires swordstone which is dropped by Mecha Knights which are found in arenas and Construct Zones, which I read about how to identify in the Gate section.

UncleSporky on
    edited April 2011
    Why thank you.

Jerakal on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We will be updating the game tonight with some new optimization and other behind the scenes features in order to improve your experience. While our updates are typically instant, tonight will require a little extra gremlin tinkering to ensure everything is in working order.

As such the game will be unavailable after it goes down (expected to be around 6:45pm PDT) for about 45 minutes. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we tinker in the Clockworks.

As always, thank you so much for playing and we hope to see you again later this evening.

Latest update says they are still working on it. Presumably it will be up soon. Sounds like a nice patch.. not sure why they did it at prime time though.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited April 2011
    It's up.

Jerakal on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    This isn't a real big problem for me, but for whatever reason I absolutely can NOT bookmark the Spiral Knights webpage at home. It might just be an issue with Chrome or something, I don't know. I just know that I click on bookmark and I select a folder and it's there. Then if I close the browser and open it back up it's not there anymore. Anyone have any ideas?
    Do you think it's the Spiral Knights site? I.E., can you bookmark anything else? SK's wiki or forums or an unrelated site?

Huh, I couldn't bookmark the Minecraft website either. I'm going to Google this and see if I can find a reason why, because I do have a few other bookmarks. I just can't seem to many any new ones.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited April 2011
    Server is back up, in case anybody hasn't noticed. :D

So, question: I've noticed that the new armor I bought doesn't seem to be leveling up from heat gained with the rest of my stuff. Actually, my original armor is still levelling, even though I've unequipped it and equipped my new armor instead. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Is purchased gear just locked at the level you acquired it at?

Gaslight on
    edited April 2011
    No, if you still see the old armor gaining heat then you're still wearing the old armor. What you might have done is equipped the new armor in your 'cosmetic slot', which is for appearance only and does not give stats or level the armor. Check your character window, there will be smaller slots under the main slots for armor/weapon, those are the cosmetic slots and I would bet your new armor is in those.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited April 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    No, if you still see the old armor gaining heat then you're still wearing the old armor. What you might have done is equipped the new armor in your 'cosmetic slot', which is for appearance only and does not give stats or level the armor. Check your character window, there will be smaller slots under the main slots for armor/weapon, those are the cosmetic slots and I would bet your new armor is in those.

Crap. I noticed the two different slots, but I assumed that putting it in the costume slot also actually equipped it, and the other slot was just for people who...really...liked...the original boring look of their character?

Yeah, I didn't say it would have made any sense if I'd thought about it.

Thanks for clearing that up, anyhow. Time to go heat up my fencing jacket!

Gaslight on
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey Darmak, I'm gonna be online for a bit longer if you're still wanting that wolver coat tonight. Character name is Rhaps, just hit up the guild chat.

Rhapsody on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So does it matter what dungeon or whatever I do first? Or are they all similar difficulty wise?

WeedLordVegeta on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hullis wrote: »
    So does it matter what dungeon or whatever I do first? Or are they all similar difficulty wise?
    Speaking from the point of view of someone who only has a couple hours of gameplay under his belt: no, it doesn't matter.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited April 2011

Just, um, don't take the scary door branching path. You know, the part behind the gate with the warning that tells you "The stuff behind this gate is really scary, but the loot is worth it if you survive, etc, etc."

Because I was just in a run where all of my more pimped-out random party bros wanted to take the scary door path and I died to the first mob.

Gaslight on
    edited April 2011
    So, frequently enough to be annoying, the game will just crash and close out on me. Apparently my display driver fails and is then fixed almost immediately.

Any reason for why this is occurring? Or just some random twitch my computer is having that can't be fixed. Is it just me? Because the game is becoming unplayable...

More information about my computer and card and such:
    I'm running Vista.

Originally I had an NVIDIA card, but that blew up a while ago. I had it replaced, but it was replaced incorrectly, and now I'm in China so can't get that fixed for another month or so. So currently my computer has an Intel card, integrated with the motherboard I believe. It's a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I wouldn't think there should be any compatibility issues, but perhaps there are.

Drivers should be up-to-date, but I'll be checking that now.

If anyone can help but needs more info, let me know...

kime on
    Steam profile
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In terms of difficulty there's no real difference in dungeon's. The only real difference is the type of enemy you'll face and the kind of area's you'll enter.

That being said, take a look through what floors there are when deciding which to run, as some floors (Namely arena's) are more profitable than others.
    Treasure vault levels aren't too bad, they give similar crown levels to a normal level, but much shorter and almost no heat gain.

Also, I was looking at how useless heat is when you've got fully levelled gear, and I was wondering, couldn't they make it so heat is transferred into a small crown bonus if all your gear is maxed?

olliedag on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ollie,it's a microtransactions game. They are not going to make getting money easier. They want people to starve a bit and think "Man,I could just buy Energy for 1$ and sell it for 3500...."

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, this is kind of overwhelming to jump into. I think I need to sit down and read some starter tutorials.

I'm Rabiter in game.

-SPI- on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's not that hard. Join the guild, enter a gate, kill monsters. Profit!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • YannYann Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kime wrote: »
    So, frequently enough to be annoying, the game will just crash and close out on me. Apparently my display driver fails and is then fixed almost immediately.

Any reason for why this is occurring? Or just some random twitch my computer is having that can't be fixed. Is it just me? Because the game is becoming unplayable...

I'm running Vista.

Originally I had an NVIDIA card, but that blew up a while ago. I had it replaced, but it was replaced incorrectly, and now I'm in China so can't get that fixed for another month or so. So currently my computer has an Intel card, integrated with the motherboard I believe. It's a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I wouldn't think there should be any compatibility issues, but perhaps there are.

Laptop right? Is it getting hot?

Yann on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Just, um, don't take the scary door branching path. You know, the part behind the gate with the warning that tells you "The stuff behind this gate is really scary, but the loot is worth it if you survive, etc, etc."

Because I was just in a run where all of my more pimped-out random party bros wanted to take the scary door path and I died to the first mob.

You're on a scenic route through a state recreational area known as the human mind. You ask a passer-by for directions, only to find he has no face or something. Suddenly up ahead, a door in the road. You swerve, narrowly avoiding The Scary Door.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Buying energy makes this game so much better/easier, you have no idea. I bought 7500 and burned through 500 or so last night and it made it a lot more enjoyable, not having to worry about anything.

I'm sure eventually I'll be able to be self-sustaining in terms of buying energy with crowns but in the early game it's really useful to buy some and get a jump on progression.

UncleSporky on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Even just 5$ is enough to get you setup pretty nicely. Anything else is just for laziness sake (I wont deny spending 10$ on CE to buy some rare recipes I wanted. Psh.)

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fuck graveyard levels.

-SPI- on
    edited April 2011
    Yann wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

I'm running Vista.

Laptop right? Is it getting hot?

A bit, but it unfortunately tends to run hot. I don't think that's the problem, though...? If it were overheating, I think the laptop itself would turn off. Or at least, it did that with my old card when I was careless and let it overheat. I reinstalled the driver, so with luck next time I play I won't have that problem...

kime on
    Steam profile
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    By the way, I have the Skelly Mask and Shield recipes learned if anyone has the mats to craft them with. Since I only have tier 1, getting 2* undead mats is a little difficult, but they weren't too hard to buy.

Xagar on
  • texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hi, loving this game. Only thing better would be to add a dickwolves level.

I'm in as frombi

texasheat on
  • sigmachievsigmachiev Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In as Sigmachiev, any guild invites still left?

Game is money, the only big gripes are it's still pretty buggy and the network seems to work when it wants. But when it runs smooth I really dig it.

P.S. network down for anyone else right now?

sigmachiev on
    SMASH CODE: 4768-7151-3741
  • kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All these network problems, I haven't had any as of yet. My only gripe is the chat system, it could use a bit of tweaking but it's fairly decent. Got my Cobalt armour piece. Just need to upgrade my helm and shield now.

kfrooster on