As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotel Reg is Up!

2»

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pascual wrote: »
    sean7690 wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX and im also going to be solo. The general consensus seems to be to book hotels now but I can't afford to book an individual room or risk not finding people to split with. Will people who do have a group room and need to people to share advertise on here or anything?

A thread will go up closer to the event and people can post if they have or need room in there.

And...from the looks of it...you are required to pay only the first night (including tax and stuff) right now. You will be billed the rest by the end of the stay.

Can someone make sure I am correct on that statement?

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Pascual wrote: »
    sean7690 wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX and im also going to be solo. The general consensus seems to be to book hotels now but I can't afford to book an individual room or risk not finding people to split with. Will people who do have a group room and need to people to share advertise on here or anything?

A thread will go up closer to the event and people can post if they have or need room in there.

And...from the looks of it...you are required to pay only the first night (including tax and stuff) right now. You will be billed the rest by the end of the stay.

Can someone make sure I am correct on that statement?

Typically the deposit isn't charged until close to the event.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think I've ever been charged the deposit.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got my room at the Sheraton booked, last year I went for two days and just drove home instead of staying in a hotel. This year I will get to see a lot more. Can't wait.

Same mostly. In the previous years I've gone to PAX, I've drove up, which sucks. This year we'll day trip Friday so that our kid can go at least one of the days, then drive back up Saturday, and stay in a room at the Sheraton (booked!) saturday night.

Melcene on
    melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Melcene wrote: »
    Got my room at the Sheraton booked, last year I went for two days and just drove home instead of staying in a hotel. This year I will get to see a lot more. Can't wait.

Same mostly. In the previous years I've gone to PAX, I've drove up, which sucks. This year we'll day trip Friday so that our kid can go at least one of the days, then drive back up Saturday, and stay in a room at the Sheraton (booked!) saturday night.

Hey Melcene I see you on that Giantbomb forums a lot. I'm Matt on GB.

Pascual on
  • Options
    davethebarbdavethebarb Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheraton here; I've regretted not booking in there before, having to walk such a long distance was pretty rubbish at the end of a long day, heh. Always missed out and it's been sold out for the days I need, so a major relief already =)

davethebarb on
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Here is my experience

Executive Pacific: Kind of far. Room kind of meh.

Crowne: A block or 2 closer than the Executive. Messed up our room, was supposed to have 2 double beds, but they overbooked. So they gave us a king and a roll-away mattress. Very nice room.

Excited for the Sheraton this year. Executive, Crowne and Sheraton are all about the same price, might as well go for the one closest to PAX.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have to admit that in my many years of traveling and Con Going I have enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Hotels and the Grand Hyatt Seattle is the best of the bunch. Huge bathroom and I loved the electric blackout shades.

I have wholeheartedly recommended this hotel in the past and that is why I have chosen it again.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Do any of the hotels have a sky bridge to the convention center? I stayed at the Westin this year for PAX East and it was God-like. I didn't step foot outside the whole weekend.

EvilOtaku on
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    EvilOtaku wrote: »
    Do any of the hotels have a sky bridge to the convention center? I stayed at the Westin this year for PAX East and it was God-like. I didn't step foot outside the whole weekend.

No.

Also sunlight is good for you :P

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It'll be the end of summer and absolutely beautiful outside. Why wouldn't you want to step outside?

Also no, there aren't any hotels connected directly to the convention centre like that.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Grabbed a Homewood Suite Friday-Sunday.

Need ot book somewhere else Thursday night only, and/or crash with friends in Redmond (Who will be sharing the suite with) Friday and figure out baggage logistics later.

But yay, suites!

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Seattle is too glorious a city to be holed up in a hotel throughout your stay there. And no, there is no hotel on the convention centre, the closest is the Sheraton, hence most people staying there.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

I dunno but remember, this is in August, not the Boston winter :)

Spud387 on
    Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so does anyone know if the sheraton has any complementary breakfasts or anything?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so does anyone know if the sheraton has any complementary breakfasts or anything?

take a look at their website, and the hotel information through OnPeak, it should tell you.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

take a look at their website, and the hotel information through OnPeak, it should tell you.

i couldnt find anything thats why im asking here lol

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    sheraton is the closest.

homewood is an apartment complex turned into a hotel, so their rooms are 1 bedroom apartments with kitchen/stove/normal fridge, vanity room (two bathoom sinks), toilet/shower room, living room with fold out sofa/bed, and bedroom with queen size bed, and glass sliding door out to an outside porch area. also free wifi and free breakfast

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

i couldnt find anything thats why im asking here lol

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=460

it's on the front page...

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh god fucking damnit.

my friends and I swore we were going to get into Homewood this year, but I guess not.

looks like it's another year at the sheraton where they practically charge you for the air you breathe.

edit: actually it appears that Homewood is only full on Thursday... It might actually be worth staying at another hotel that night.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, at this point should this thread get converted to the 'Where are you staying' thread? It pretty much seems like it's filling that role already, just minus the poll.

I enjoyed the Sheraton last year but I ended up trekking over to the Homewood several times so I've booked there this year. It will be nice not having to worry/decide what I'm going to eat since I'll be able to make stuff. A couple extra blocks down to Pike's Market won't be so bad either, I enjoyed those morning walks.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    DerBeppoDerBeppo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Stayed at the Red Lion last year and will do so again this year. Great hotel with a pretty decent pub on the ground floor.

DerBeppo on
  • Options
    RazonRazon Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Booked at the Sheraton, glad to have done it early.

2nd year at PAX, last year I was only able to go for Friday, glad to be able to go all 3 days this year!

Razon on
  • Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh man, they can't get those passes out any faster?

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheraton booked for 4 days, can't wait to get my badges!

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We'll be at the Sheraton, arriving sometime on Tuesday. I'm going on the MMT this year, dangit!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Now that everything has properly launched, I'm locking this and diverting you all to the Hotel Discussion Thread and Poll.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.