As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SwordMage wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing it, as is my husband.

However, of more interest is the fact that we'll be traveling with a stuffed green frog. His name is Waffle, and he came to PAXPrime last year, and got lots of photos. This year - you get a photo with him, you'll get a button...

Must steal Waffle....ERM!!! >.>;;; I will hunt you lovely kids down. The Frog backpack I have had since 2007--which I named (obviously) Mr. Morton--has been quite lonely and will need to hang out with Waffle.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Must steal Waffle....ERM!!! >.>;;; I will hunt you lovely kids down. The Frog backpack I have had since 2007--which I named (obviously) Mr. Morton--has been quite lonely and will need to hang out with Waffle.

I think Waffle would very much enjoy meeting other amphibians. It should probably be noted, he's got his own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wafflethefrog

(Waffle belongs to a dear friend of ours, and he travels quite a bit. There are more than a few good photos of him there, including at last year's Prime.)

SwordMage on
    SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've still got most of my buttons from 09. I never did get to give them out that year. :(

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm all over the buttons :-D I'll have to think long and hard over a good design! I had the CRAZY idea of making a LED one, but that'd be a bit costly. Maybe some for special events...For other button-traders who match my outfits (Steampunk one day, Homestuck the next)

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Count me in.. I'll have to start on my button soon.

EDIT: I still have about a quarter from last Pax Prime. I guess I will have to give out two for one :D

adester on
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm hoping to be in on Buttons again this year (assuming my artist friend is up to making them again). You can anticipate the return of the Epic Bard (aka Lute Hero).

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in. I still have something like 75% of last year's buttons, so I'm for sure bringing those. (I have to as my darling wife wants them out of the house).

I'll most likely do a new button as soon as I come up with a design I can do with my limited photoshop skills. (I have a tentative idea for minecraft meets Rift, but we'll see).

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, I think I'm gonna do it again this year! Time to think up a design!

Djiem on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm. Think, Lyea. Think!

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am in, and hopefully I won't leave most of my buttons in a cab on day 1 again.

LordDHMD on
  • Options
    CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SwordMage wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing it, as is my husband.

However, of more interest is the fact that we'll be traveling with a stuffed green frog. His name is Waffle, and he came to PAXPrime last year, and got lots of photos. This year - you get a photo with him, you'll get a button...

I think I may join in just for this reason. Saw some pictures of him on Flickr I believe last night.

Plus...I use every chance I get to design something.

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This sounds totally awesome and just the kind of thing I am looking forward to for my first PAX. Count me in!

Swae on
  • Options
    VenerableMonsterVenerableMonster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in. I'll actually do it this time! I swear!

I think I still have last years design that didn't get made somewhere...oh wait, it's my avatar!

VenerableMonster on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh shit, did somebody say buttons?!?!
    smalllady_cthulhu_button_15_preview.jpg

Cutest Cthulhu in the world designed by our very own Yamara... <3<3<3

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cute. :D

I still have no idea what I'll do this year but I'm sure I'll come up with something. Hopefully popular yet again. :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Say, is there any way to preview your button on that site? I don't want to order 200 and then find out that it's off center or something.

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just use the guide, and don't put anything critical like text outside of the dashed line.

Be sure to extend the colour beyond the solid lines though, just so you don't get any possible white bits creeping on the edges.

With their history, I am confident that you won't get any issues with positioning so long as you follow the supplied guides. That is the main reason they are the official supplier, we know they can deliver in time and don't botch it. They're very easy to work with.

The only quality issue that is commonly brought up is colour brightness, which is mainly because you're supplying the resources yourself and can't get a proof. Protip: colour correction isn't trivial and hardly any of you are pros, it's very possible it won't be like you expected. Did you calibrate your screen? Is your screen any good period? Do you know how to manage colour profiles? etc. It's not a huge issue but if it really is a concern then do your homework. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love it SmallLady! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I always tell myself I'm going to stop this button thing, cause I always end up with SO MANY DAMN BUTTONS! But... I love them. So YAY! And <3 VT!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SmallLady, we will stop conversing if I don't get one of those. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Buttons!!! YAY!! what to do this year....hmmm...

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You kinda made me squeal out loud at my desk.

OMG, so excited for buttons! I believe I have two left from last year, so I will make those challenges for people that missed out on mine last year.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    just1legendjust1legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am little bit worried that I might not attend the buttoneering meetup. I might have to catch my flight before the omegathon or have a hour to get to the airport. What can I do? I don't know when the Pre-PAX Dinner is going to happen at what time and I am a college student (no Bars for me in a looong tme)

just1legend on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hunt down buttoneers during the event with a vengeance?

It's fun!

The mating call of buttoneers... "BUTTONS? BUTTONS?? BUTTONS!"

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ooh, yeah, buttons. I'm in again. I know I'll create another small 50-run of my avatar with a different color palette, but I definitely need another original design for a larger 100-run. Hm hm, gotta think something up!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    just1legendjust1legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay I'm a First time PAX/Buttoner. For my first button, I want you to choose the Bonus Button. You can choose 1 button design only. Leave your comments below with #PAXJ1L so I know a count on the buttons. (Updates will follow for the other button designs)

Button 1: Poptart Cat
    Poptartcat.jpg

Button 2: Guitar Hero RIP
    Hero.jpg

just1legend on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in! Got a new design for this year:
    __11_pax___button_design_by_springheels_jack-d3ewsqy.jpg

Going for a sort of college jacket theme with the letters, and also with a nice red border to be recognizable.
    Also representing Santa Clara with the red and white.
    Still love the White Spy, Viva Prohias 8-)

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    Teh Madd HatterTeh Madd Hatter Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well after last year I was able to trade enough buttons from the previous year to justify making a new button for this year. I have a rough concept pegged out but alas I am weak in the ways of photo editing.

Teh Madd Hatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    After many loop-holes--and tons of convincing--I am doing the one I wanted to do last year. I am only gonna get maybe 100 of it, though. I have a butt-load from last year's awesome Daisy-Frog...and I think some from Year One (of the Buttoneering, that is) I will have a bonus button as well, but it will be for something else.

...May have bonus buttons for the Pokemon folks who trade/battle/Pokewalk with me as well. If I have enough finance that is.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in! Got a new design for this year:
    Going for a sort of college jacket theme with the letters, and also with a nice red border to be recognizable.
    Also representing Santa Clara with the red and white.
    Still love the White Spy, Viva Prohias 8-)

I loved Spy vs Spy! Nice arrangement. I'm looking forward to getting this. I still need a bit of inspiration for my own buttons.

Teh Madd Hatter: I'm not a wizard at photo manipulation, but I've done some in my time. If you feel you can't make it work, you can PM me and I'll see if I can help out.

Yamara on
    We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Please see new avatar for that is my button that I ordered!

Also ordered the bonus buttons. Those will be a mystery, but are Pokemon-Related. So, trade/battle/pokewalk with me and you'll get one.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in, and this year I'll probably have two sets of buttons since my Enforcer husband decided he was all bummed out he didn't get buttons too. LOL.

I think I'm going to use a photo of one of my dogs. :) I know most people design/draw their logos, but I don't have the talent/software to do that...maybe a cute border collie is an acceptable substitute? :)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    alegria wrote: »
    ...maybe a cute border collie is an acceptable substitute? :)

PUPPIES!!!!!

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll be buttoning it up again this year, with my patented Australian charm.

I do need to think of a design, though! This may be a problem.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am, as always, almost CERTAINLY in for buttons, for yet another year! No real button ideas yet, but I'm keeping a watchful eye out for anything that might pique my interest!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Snickers wrote: »
    I am, as always, almost CERTAINLY in for buttons, for yet another year! No real button ideas yet, but I'm keeping a watchful eye out for anything that might pique my interest!

I have a magnet of Mr. T advertising for 1-800-Collect (remember!) from college saying 'Call your Mother'. It will always have a hallowed place on my fridge, and your button is a fine companion. It was even a favorite among my gaming group last year.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Enigmas wrote: »
    I have a magnet of Mr. T advertising for 1-800-Collect (remember!) from college saying 'Call your Mother'. It will always have a hallowed place on my fridge, and your button is a fine companion. It was even a favorite among my gaming group last year.

Haha, I remember that ad. I wonder if that magnet could be called "retro" yet, being from 2002?

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    TakkyuTakkyu Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Count me in. First PAX for me, and my order just shipped (unfortunately through a different button maker, as pushbutton wanted just as much for shipping as they wanted for the buttons :( )

Takkyu on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Takkyu! Dude!

Also who did you use for buttons? These US companies want $Rape for shipping to Canada.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    Takkyu! Dude!

Also who did you use for buttons? These US companies want $Rape for shipping to Canada.

This is why you have it shipped to someone you know in the US who is nice.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]