As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[UO] Come back, my Lads! - IPY 2.0

18910111214»

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bravo!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    amateursuperheroamateursuperhero Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, it looks like the PA UO thread has more or less died. The shard is still massively populated and going up every week though. If anyone finds this and wants to give it a try just get in touch with me (Aarlock) in #TRI on irc.gamesurge.net. Or you can just PM me on here.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Still looking to co-own my house to someone so they can use it.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Honestly man, I think everyone still actively playing has a house now. If you're just looking to co-own someone so they can refresh it for you, just let me know. I can probably find an account to put it on.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    nfefxnfefx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've actually been playing 5-6 days and don't have a house yet, been saving for one but macroing magery eats gold for breakfast.

Hippie if you co-own me can I drop a guildstone or can only the owner do it? That's mainly all I need a house for atm is a guildstone to make sparring in town easier. I'll refresh it for you daily np if I can use your stone or place my own.

nfefx on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    nfefx wrote: »
    I've actually been playing 5-6 days and don't have a house yet, been saving for one but macroing magery eats gold for breakfast.

Hippie if you co-own me can I drop a guildstone or can only the owner do it? That's mainly all I need a house for atm is a guildstone to make sparring in town easier. I'll refresh it for you daily np if I can use your stone or place my own.

Its yours, PM me when your next in game and i'll jump on.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hey double skill scroll drops this weekend for anyone wanting to get back into the game (or start out)!

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man UO!

It's been so many years... and I have to admit I'm somewhat tempted to poke my head into this server, especially since it's free and all. Are the Fancy Lads still going strong? I read on earlier pages that they had merged with some other guild.

I think I might poke around on the site and see what's up.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, the lads have merged with another guild, but a few of us original PA guys are still playing regularly. The new guild has been growing pretty continuously, and we have a nice guild village going in a secret location ;). The server is still going really strong and has been an absolute blast. If you're looking to join up, just stop by #TRI on irc.gamesurge.net.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, a funny recent PK:

denied.jpg

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    Is anyone on PA still playing? I basically have gone inactive all summer, but I'm thinking of going back. They've apparently made skillgain a lot easier, and now with some patch this week they're softening the skillgain caps a ton. The prospect of actually being able to build a pvp-able character without quitting life has piqued my interest.

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I forgot my passwords. A shame too because I was in one of the larger guilds and had a house. It and all my belongings have probably decayed by now.

Not today.
  • Options
    FYI for anyone still interested: they have this "inactive player" promotion where you get a ton of free skill scrolls for anyone who hasn't been on their account for a certain period of time. That, combined with a lot easier skill gain, has made it a good time to come back. I've started playing with a few friends again-- hit me up if you want some help.

• Options
    HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    I wanted in on this but razor was being a pain in the ass and not working. and honestly, UO without razor?

Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • Options
    Did you download the newest version?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I just updated the first post for the first time in months. Anyone still playing/interested in coming back? I've gotten really into it again, and I'm loving where the server is at right now. It's pretty easy to get a character to the point where you can start to really mess around with and appreciate all of the content.

Edit: Oh, and there is now (finally) an official IPY irc server channel. You can access it by clicking "Live chat" on the IPY forums here: http://inporylem.com/forum/forum.php

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Welp I am... kind of playing this game.

I don't know for how long, though. I've been wondering where the hell the guildstone is.

• Options
    The guild stone went down long, long ago unfortunately. We had a pretty big group at the beginning but it dropped off pretty fast. I haven't been on myself in 6 months or so. IPY2 really dropped the ball in a lot of ways-- skill gain is/was way too much of a grind for UO.

A few IPY defectors are actually putting together a server right now that's looking really promising. It's far more in line with what I hoped for when I started playing IPY anyway. I definitely plan on playing, and I'll probably make a new thread closer to launch. You can check out the website (and play beta if you choose) at http://relpor.com/

If you continue playing IPY and need some help, just let me know. I have a villa I can co-own you on.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Is anyone moving onto Rel Por now that IPY is more or less dead? The other thread got closed down, so assuming there's not a total bar on the subject I suppose we can discuss playing there in this thread. I've got the client and everything set but I want some PA people to roll with.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    It looks like this thread is long dead, but in the hopes there are still people out there who want somewhere to play this game, I found a really cool server with a big population, I play there frequently and have tons of fun
    second age is what it is called

weather man bob on