As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Design] Flippy gots a blog

Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital ConquistadorLondonRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hullo chaps.

So what do people think of www.delayered.com?

I did not make the template but it looked so close to what I was going to do anyway that I'm fine with just having made the few tweaks I have - mainly proportions and all the CSS plonking that entails, adding automatic borders to posted items, and changes to font size and spacing for readability.

And the logo. Whittled down from 550 typefaces to 6 fonts, then painstakingly kerned, tweaked, and anti-aliased by hand.

Does it all hold together well?

delayered.com-2011-4-16-11-32-35.png

p8fnsZD.png
Flippy_D on

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    a07d04f9-14ce-4838-a30c-e776f5f78970

I mean, it looks cool, but I think you'll find few of the PA:AC viewership will travel to your link unless there is art accompanying the link in your OP.

ninjai on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I suppose that, being a website, it's not really about art per se but design, and it's hard to show site design in a static image. Nonetheless, I shall update the op to sate the baying masses.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited April 2011
    Yay! I actually really like the simplicity and stark contrast of red and black on white, the red of the date sort of hones you in on the topic. The image is just so simple, and the point well made with no excess. I like it!

It may have been unintentional, but the black and white spaceman makes the image appear very matter of fact, and less of an opinion. Great work .

ninjai on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd like to clarify that none of the artwork or media I'm linking to was mine, just by the by =) I was using it for testing purposes. But I will happily accept your assessment of the blog itself. Thanks!

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited April 2011
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I'd like to clarify that none of the artwork or media I'm linking to was mine, just by the by =) I was using it for testing purposes. But I will happily accept your assessment of the blog itself. Thanks!

Hah. Don't I look like a putz. I should have assumed from the Lorum Ipsum that it was placeholder

ninjai on