As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

People are People [Life Lessons]

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

oh i didn't know that made it ok
    nvm

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    literally everything I say is 100% serious all the time

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Daric wrote: »
    this week i learned that cowboys are pretty cool and good tippers

Damn, just got one of those server is busy errors, guess I was wrong about them being fixed

but anyway, yeah they are. I love getting a table full of cowboy looking guys at work because I know I don't really have to watch my language and I can just be real with them. Also, they tip well and are nice.

Unlike, 80% of my other tables.

I had a table last night sit there in my section for an hour and a half AFTER we closed (I had to stay and wait for them to get up since we're not allowed to leave until everything in our section is clean) and then they left me $5 on 100. Which, since tip pool is 3.5% of the sales, I made $1.50 off of them.

Edit: Nogs, why doesn't he just get his certification then? That's an excellent thing to have on a resume since so many companies do business with Japanese partners.

think he is going for it, the tests are like only a few times a year though

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need to get a haircut soon, now that I think about it.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SoaL wrote: »
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

nvm

What did they even say that was so horrific?

"Your idea is childish, misogynistic and dumb."

and

"Oh well if those women are fat let's see how you look? *sees* [Yo momma joke] and you're not that great looking."

The...humanity

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If it floats, flies, or fucks, rent it.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Damn, just got one of those server is busy errors, guess I was wrong about them being fixed

but anyway, yeah they are. I love getting a table full of cowboy looking guys at work because I know I don't really have to watch my language and I can just be real with them. Also, they tip well and are nice.

I had a table last night sit there in my section for an hour and a half AFTER we closed (I had to stay and wait for them to get up since we're not allowed to leave until everything in our section is clean) and then they left me $5 on 100. Which, since tip pool is 3.5% of the sales, I made $1.50 off of them.

Edit: Nogs, why doesn't he just get his certification then? That's an excellent thing to have on a resume since so many companies do business with Japanese partners.

what kind of restaurant do you wait at, if you don't mind me asking

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't pay women to have sex with you, pay them to leave afterward.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I live in Houston, and it's a Cajun seafood restaurant, Pappadeaux to be exact.

Our prices are middle-range (the average entree is around $25) but with the gas prices and everything going up, instead of not eating out, people are still eating out but they are tipping less which makes no sense at all.

I don't want to get into it but we have one subset of customers that just doesn't tip ever no matter how good the service was. It's apparently like this at every restaurant in this area too according to some of my friends who wait at other places.

Edit: Oh, we also had a table last night of 30 people get in an argument with our managers because they refused to pay gratuity and then they all just walked out with paying at all.

Daric on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Life lesson: Walk away from stupid trivial arguments.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Life lesson: Walk away from stupid trivial arguments.

Haha on these forums?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fair enough

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    But in general it's a good lesson to keep

Oghulk on
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry guys, I was just joking too. Don't take me seriously.

Ever.

Linksville on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Our prices are middle-range (the average entree is around $25) but with the gas prices and everything going up, instead of not eating out, people are still eating out but they are tipping less which makes no sense at all.

I don't want to get into it but we have one subset of customers that just doesn't tip ever no matter how good the service was. It's apparently like this at every restaurant in this area too according to some of my friends who wait at other places.

Edit: Oh, we also had a table last night of 30 people get in an argument with our managers because they refused to pay gratuity and then they all just walked out with paying at all.

Canadians?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One of the life lessons I learned as a young un was that shit happens. Yeah it's a cliche line. I just figured that there's a lot of shit happens that's outside of my control. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good. I just try not to let it get to me.

There's also the line by Riddick "I play the cards that life dealt me, and then I cheat."

Because you know. Riddick plays by nobodies rules.

Except his own. Even then he still cheats.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That is the slang term for them, yes.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

nvm

and

"Oh well if those women are fat let's see how you look? *sees* [Yo momma joke] and you're not that great looking."

The...humanity

that's not what they wrote

I guess you are friends with them so you assume the best but the actual posts are more confrontational than your paraphrasing

and I guess they don't like him, but why not just let it slide and ignore him

it all seems like a big waste of time that could be spent not being a dick to someone

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

that sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck, dude. i work at an italian place actually. we do alright for ourselves; had a big old 65 top last night that went pretty well actually.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well I'm not really, but yeah I guess we should just drop it since neither of us was involved and it's a pointless argument anyway.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011

nvm

and

The...humanity

I guess you are friends with them so you assume the best but the actual posts are more confrontational than your paraphrasing

it all seems like a big waste of time that could be spent not being a dick to someone
    you have successfully described every koshian post ever. you win the prize*

*there is no prize

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

nvm

and

The...humanity

Thank you for trying to defend me, but it's not that big a deal. Nothing that ever happens on these forums really affects me. I log on here, post some shit, then I walk away and go have fun with my friends.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It might be that I actually agree with Koshian's point here so I feel like Daric deserves some berating.

Long hair is fabulous.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    but i have a firefox addon that increases my bandwidth depending on how many stupid arguments I am in

and this anime is starting to buffer at the important part

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    A worthy cause...

Brother.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    More arguments for the argumentative god.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Long hair is fabulous.

I will never be beautiful.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    but i have a firefox addon that increases my bandwidth depending on how many stupid arguments I am in

and this anime is starting to buffer at the important part

No no. I wasn't arguing. You're not supposed to take me seriously.

Linksville on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Linksville needs to go back to my original lesson

don't be a little bitch

Daric on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Are you being serious there, Daric?

Linksville on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The one lesson that's constant in my life: Good things always happen, just never to me.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Long hair is fabulous.

Beauty is only skin deep Tonkka. Your personality has the longest hair I've ever seen.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    guys .... for the first time in my life

I am excited to have a suit

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Because for once it doesn't have law preceding it.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why would you not be excited to have a suit?

Suits are awesome.

Daric on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    heheheh

Tam on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i like to look good but being dishevelled is my natural state
    never really felt comfortable wearing suits before

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Long hair is fabulous.

Beauty is only skin deep Tonkka. Your personality has the longest hair I've ever seen.

D'awwww...

Tonkka on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    1. There is always someone who has it worse than you do. Always. No matter what happens to you, someone else had a shittier day.

2. There is nothing you can't get over. It won't be easy. or fun. or necessarily what you want. But you can move past it.

3. The only cure for cancer is to be more of an asshole to it than it is to you.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg