As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phall Asylum - GAME OVER - Cannibal Holocaust Ending

• Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Can we only vote out patients as listed in the patients list in the first post?

actually that's a dumb question I guess, if the solution was to vote out abysmal lynx because lynx is evil he'd probably lie about the answer.

Voting for living patients is the only thing that will have any effect now

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Care to clarify the voting situation with CaptainPlanet82? And will coutts be eliminated for inactivity?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2011
    No deaths occurred day 6 and and !abstain won day 7. Coutts will most likely be eliminated at the end of the day.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm heading out for dinner with some friends, so I most likely won't be around to know where to vote correctly and such - in any case, CaptainPlanet because it's what Godmode wanted!

Do the right thing lads, for God...mode.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    extermatott

off to bed

Alegis on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Voting for living patients is the only thing that will have any effect now

So this needs to be highlighted, unfortunately. Abstaining is going to accomplish nothing it seems.

extermatott

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are clarifications provided by the host trustworthy?

The Anonymous on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are clarifications provided by the host trustworthy?

The futility of this question astounds me.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    extermatott

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    extermatott

Capfalcon on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can't follow anymore tonight. I'm sure someone assumes they must to kill me already.

I'm Self-committed.

I have been quiet about it for a while because you killed off Mr Def even though he never lied about anything. I have already been told that my win condition is not really possible to meet. I don't know what that means. So yeah, with that in mind, kill me. It doesn't seem to make a difference. At least then I can stop checking.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Since I should vote, I'll just go with Coutts.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm doomed and it is obvious, It was very confusing playing this game. I wish I was able to be more active, goodnight.

Extermatott

Extermatott on
    edited April 2011
    Vote Closed

Time to tally this up and see if the game ends tonight.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    I fully expect myself to get offed by someone who wasn't in on the plan. That's okay. I probably deserved it. (I'm still going to blame Abysmal Lynx, though. And maybe godmode, a little bit. But mostly Abysmal Lynx.)

End of Day 8 Spreadsheet (up to post 893)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2011
    END

Extermatott new the jig was up. The patients had organized, and they had him surrounded; but he wasn't going down without a fight. Pulling out a hand-made tranq-gun, he managed to shoot five of his assailants before being hacked to pieces.

To celebrate their victory, the patients executed the top traitors amongst them. CaptainPlanet82 was killed for assisting the faculty, while The Anonymous died as an example to those who had dare defy the mob.

Knowing that all his enemies had finally caught on that he was on to them, jackisreal gathered what ever weapons he could scrounge together so as to properly wage war against his enemies. All of them. After seeing what happened to Extermatott however, jack decided that the noose was the only way to escape.

Coutt's body was found stuffed in a locker sometime over the next week. It seems he has been killed days earlier and no one had discovered the body until now.

Over time the remaining patients were forced to scavenge their meals from the the corpses of their former companions before a SWAT team arrived and subdued the survivors.

You forum, you are the cannibals.

Dead:

Faculty and Self-Committed:
    Extermatott - Orderly: Killed by Vote
    coutts - Psychologist: Vote or Died
    CaptainPlanet82 - Self Commited: Killed by Insane Group Red

Insane:

The Anonymous: Killed by Insane Group Red

MrBlarney
    Raakam
    garroad_ran
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Smoove Operator

All Sedated by Orderly

Other:
    jackisreal - Paranoid Schizophrenic Turned Mass Murderer: Vote or Died

I'm sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused with this game. I don't think I'll go into full detail on what happened, but it wasn't just a simple matter of me misplacing information (although that did happen).

I blame three major problems that caused this game to go down hill: My inability to keep accurate records, my attempt to make everyone extremely paranoid and confused (which worked, but it doesn't look like anyone enjoyed it), and my attempt to fix the main problem that existed in the last game I ran (I didn't put enough effort into giving the game the attention it deserved).

I doubt anyone will find this surprising in the least bit, but my main inspiration for this game was Phallawesome and a game idea someone once cam up with called "Rat Bastard Phalla" were their was no mafia and the host just killed people at random. I built this game after I realized how cool it was to see the big picture behind the game when I ran my first one, so I crafted this game around that.

The village itself was broken up into factions without it being revealed that they were all one Insane faction. The actual mafia of the game (the faculty) was split up and separated, but they had several things going for them:

They had to every other day vigilantes: Orderlies
    Two seers: Nurses
    A three/two group of masons: Uncommitted
    A bus driver: The Psychologist

Unfortunately I decided to make the game more interesting by also separating myself from the faculty and using 3clipse as a proxy. This lead to some problems, one of them being I somehow convinced myself coutts was not only an Orderly, but that he died Day 2.

It also didn't help that I set the game up so that if the village unified I would have to take a greater hand in things, and well, you all saw were that led. I want you all to know that if you had abstained from killing everyone then everyone would have become one faction except for the paranoid schizo, who would have still became a mass murderer.

Ultimately this game ended like my last one: I made some people I like and respect angry at me and completely stressed myself out as I scrambled to keep everything under control.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I see what you were going for. Like Blarney, I don't think you went about it in the best way, but it was (as best I can tell) a highly ambitious goal.

I'd love to work with you on your next Phalla, I like your ideas.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dude... this phalla = massive mind fuck. I enjoyed it anyway, and I appreciate the time and effort it took to try and do something new and out there. Maybe we can take some elements of what you tried into another game in the future. I'm really not big into random elements in a game like this, but I do like the fact that you created fake subgroups and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks AL, fun stuff.

http://saneintheasylum.proboards.com

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
    edited April 2011
    You are lucky I am cooking food right now, or I would have more words right now. So... more words later.

For now: The Beacon of Sanity

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I warned you about phalla bro, I told you dog! : The very brief boards where all the insane sane groups (or at least most of them) banded together.

Sane in The Asylum is my mason group's previous boards, edit: seems rakaam has got them unlocked :^:

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited April 2011
    Obviously there's a lot I still don't know, but we were also a sane (mafia?) group. Apparently we couldn't win with MrBlarney's group though?

Proboards

The Anonymous on
    edited April 2011
    Land of the Sane

We had an even day kill, though I'm not sure why we weren't listed as winning? I'm probably missing something.

kuhlmeye on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You make a trainwreck like this and say that you're not going to go into full detail on what was actually going on? Or at least what was supposed to go on? :(, AL :(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    I don't think I'll go into full detail on what happened, but it wasn't just a simple matter of me misplacing information (although that did happen).

I think you will need to go into full detail.

EDIT: Because I am still confused.

kuhlmeye on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad my win condition was to die. Because this phalla was balls.

daniant on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would post our proboard, but it would have to be unlocked by Void Slayer.

In retrospect the best play once Infidel showed up and I realized he wouldn't be dying cannibal would have been to "accidentally" let it slip somehow that Jackisreal was the source when the Infidel wagon was already irretrievable. At the same time, our group kill could have been on Jack. Jack dies paranoid and I could have played the "clueless villager" card.

The theory behind my original decision was that even a long shot opportunity to be made village network head had to be taken when I was part of a short-handed underpowered mafia. But that decision assumed there was a village of course.

Anyway, I'm amazed I made it even one day after that whole debacle.

Teucrian on
    edited April 2011
    I actually did give you guys almost all of the information there. Okay, basically, Blarney noticed the result inconsistencies I was giving everyone so he more or less asked if he could partner up with the other "sane" groups. I told him yes and that started the peace event. I completely botched it though because I'm bad at giving out the correct amount of information. I like to infodump and I feel bad if I don't answer people as best I can.

Anonymous, I believe I actually told you you could join their group, but I had that conversation three times and like most of my records, those conversations were lost to the PM delete button.

Everyone but the faculty was insane. Jackisreal was the craziest of you all though.

I don't think I'll ever host another game because I'm not cut out for it, but I am willing to help and maybe run some mini phallas.

But yeah, feel free to ask any questions about anything you feel I didn't explain well enough.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    I don't recall being told that... :?

The Anonymous on
    edited April 2011
    Re: kuhlmeye - I do believe that everyone who was not an Orderly, Nurse, Psychologist, or Paranoid Schizophrenic won this game. If my numbers are correct, there were two groups who did not join up with mine, but I think you can consider yourselves winners. (Perhaps.) If you read my group's proboards, that should paint a fairly good picture of how the puzzle came out for me. A little more on that below.

Re: Abysmal Lynx - I would hate it if you vowed not to host a game again. You can only get better if you practice the craft, and I think you just need a little bit more of that. I enjoyed the mystery of the game and the attempts to find the truth up until the time you started laying out information in the thread (post 724 onward). I felt betrayed by the amount of influence you exerted on the thread - it ruined the planning I had been doing and turned the game on its head. The Day of Peace ending came without explanation, and you closed the vote early. The wording of your messages on Day 7 made me go against the Day of Peace in the final hours, in order to bring the game back to the track I was comfortable with. Going for the win condition that was laid out in front of me at the start of the game was much more appealing than sitting back and looking at the unknown.

In essence, the game was good up until the end of Day 6. You should have probably just let the players continue to work things out on their own - the results would likely have been the same as that which occurred today, but I'm sure that it would have been more satisfying for people. In addition, it looks to me like your 'mafia', the asylum staff and self-committed, should not have been so spread out. They were already quite unlucky to have been almost completely wiped out early on: the lack of a large group must have punished them even further.

I look forward to your next efforts.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But yeah, feel free to ask any questions about anything you feel I didn't explain well enough.

Could you list the roles/powers and the starting factions? I still have no idea what happened here; I've read through the thread and bits and pieces of the proboards and I'm not even sure who, if anyone, is left alive as a winner.

Darian on
    edited April 2011
    Looks like I may have fucked up even worst then I thought.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Actually, I think we can safely assume that everyone lost this game.

That is everyone but Daniant. Nice job Dani!

Teucrian on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay so, I definitely pissed some peopke off and earned a few grudges, but whatever. AL, I was very frustrated with your choice of mechincs and information shared, but I don't want you to quit hoating. Like Blarney said, you only get better by learning from mistakes.

Now then, I sure am glad this game is legitimately over now.

godmode on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also, AL, could you explain my death? Was capPlanet a vote bus driver eith a standing oder to switch whatever bad shit happened to me, or what?

godmode on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i don't think this was as terrible as everyone says it was

seriously

thanks for giving it a shot, abysmal lynx!
    maybe it will not be so abysmal in the future, yes?

Lucedes on
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure that the final two sane groups can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this was the player list for the game:
    Capfalcon - "Sane" (Group A)
    Gandalf_the_Crazed - "Sane" (Group A)
    Kay - "Sane" (Group A)
    MrBlarney - "Sane" (Group A)
    Smoove Operator - "Sane" (Group A)

Dunadan019 - "Sane" (Group B)
    FecklessRogue - "Sane" (Group B)
    HeavyVillain - "Sane" (Group B)
    Teucrian - "Sane" (Group B)
    Void Slayer - "Sane" (Group B)

[strike]real_pochacco[/strike] Alegis - "Sane" (Group C)
    kuhlmeye - "Sane" (Group C)
    oldmanken - "Sane" (Group C)
    Phyphor - "Sane" (Group C)
    Spoit - "Sane" (Group C)

garroad_ran - "Sane" (Group D)
    godmode - "Sane" (Group D)
    Heffling - "Sane" (Group D)
    Raakam - "Sane" (Group D)
    [strike]Over The Moon[/strike] Rawkking Goodguy - "Sane" (Group D)

Lucedes - "Sane" (Group E)
    samurai6966 - "Sane" (Group E)
    sterling3763 - "Sane" (Group E)
    stever777 - "Sane" (Group E)
    The Anonymous - "Sane" (Group E)

38thDoe - "Sane" (Group F)
    Dragon6860 - "Sane" (Group F)
    Infidel - "Sane" (Group F)
    The Cow King - "Sane" (Group F)
    vertroue - "Sane" (Group F)

Extermatott - Orderly
    Turkson - Orderly

LoserForHireX - Nurse
    Maximus - Nurse

coutts - Psychologist

CaptainPlanet82 - Self-Committed
    Mr. Defecation - Self-Committed
    Zandracon - Self-Committed

daniant - Suicidal

jackisreal - Paranoid Schizophrenic

"Sane" groups A-D and the Suicidal were victorious, though "Sane" groups E and F could have joined up with the other "Sane" groups. Does that seem about right?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Also, AL, could you explain my death? Was capPlanet a vote bus driver eith a standing oder to switch whatever bad shit happened to me, or what?

You were killed by "Sane" Group E (see above post), who had an odd-day kill.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i don't think this was as terrible as everyone says it was

seriously

thanks for giving it a shot, abysmal lynx!
    maybe it will not be so abysmal in the future, yes?

Personally speaking, I had a difficult time during the last couple of days because of bad or slow communication. Godmode didn't keep us in the loop about anything, and a number of clarification requests to the host were very late or not answered. There was no chance of figuring out how to reach an endgame without that information coming in.

EDIT: Where did the whole "teaming up factions" come from? sounds like MrBlarney just thought to ask it, and the request was granted. Was there some method via which we were supposed to figure that out?

garroad_ran on
    edited April 2011
    I guess while I'm playing fake host, I think it's worth mentioning the attributes of the "Sane" groups. (Though most of us already know them.) Each "Sane" group was composed of five players with two group abilities. The first group ability was a death alignment trace. Players' alignments were shown upon death, and the target of the asylum staffs' kill was noted if any was made. Of course, the rub was that all members in opposing "Sane" groups showed up as Insane, while members of ones' own group showed up as Sane. The second group ability was an even- or odd-day kill, dependent on group. Groups B, D, and E had kills on odd days, groups A, C, and F had kills on even days.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2011
    Blarney has got it all right. I assume he figured it out because he got in contact with someone who was on a different team, but had the same win conditions as him, but different results from deaths.

He just PM'd me with a question about if he could team up because they were so compatible.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]