As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When I'm rushing on my run And I feel just like Jesus' [CHAT]

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think my boss would let me kick people out so I can search. And it's been one of those really terrible, "Once one person is leaving, another one comes in and spends an hour reading" and it's annoying the poop out of me even more so because I need to PEE REALLY BAD.

melting_doll on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Awesome got another daily deviation. It's a slow crawl to get to where I was beforee

wakkawa on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Congrats, wakka. You deserve it more than any other artist I've seen there.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Awesome got another daily deviation. It's a slow crawl to get to where I was beforee

I looked at your dA account but it was deactivated. Did you make a new one?

MKR on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MKR wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »

I looked at your dA account but it was deactivated. Did you make a new one?
    http://jace-wallace.deviantart.com/
    How does this sound: m3nace the internet detective?

m3nace on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think my boss would let me kick people out so I can search. And it's been one of those really terrible, "Once one person is leaving, another one comes in and spends an hour reading" and it's annoying the poop out of me even more so because I need to PEE REALLY BAD.

Tell your boss the Merch is at stake!

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've been so productive this weekend! I also bought my very own hammer and some nails at Home Depot and some Gorilla Glue (which I used to fix a kitchen chair today) also some screws and fuckin' drywall anchors to hang my mirror because I'm awesome and love breakin' those 1950's gender stereotypes. Dudes were all like "YOU NEED HELP!?" and I was all "NO THANKS" and shit.

*flexes*

And I went to the gym today and punched explosions!!!! HOO-RAH

*flexes again*

NightDragon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ND, check this out
    it's one dude singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuT2U3CjXYA&feature=related

Tam on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    MKR wrote: »
    A Higgs Boson walks into a church and the priest says "you can't be in here". The Higg Boson says "but without me how will you have mass?"

This is just wonderful!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Physics jokes are the best.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    To get to the other side
    Why did the tachyon cross the road?

Tam on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    i walked in at a terrible moment.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    To get to the other side
    Why did the tachyon cross the road?

To show the photon how it's done.

MKR on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I sorta wonder if the general MSPA audience is getting the subtle Secret of mana references happening.

Iruka on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I gots a new avatar

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    how dare you

Tam on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    HUFF

PUFF

TAM. Thank god you're here.

Hey, so I am trying to remember the name of this one 19th-20th century American philosopher, and I can't. All I remember is that he had an epic mustache and that he was kind of a hard ass. Can you help me out?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    how dare you

I er... um

:(

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how dare you

I er... um

:(

*hug*

It's okay. I like your new avatar.

e: In fact, I wish I had one like that. Wesker, while awesome in every possible way, is maybe a bit unmatched to the way I generally try to tone my posts.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I want to get some new glasses because I am visually impaired and my current ones are lame. Since I seem to have poor taste with these things, can I get some suggestions?

I'm kind of leaning towards the hipster-ish thick black frame style. Oh, and I have a pretty round head.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So who here has used a variety of animation programs?

I've been chatting with a lot of web design experts, and every one of them has told me to not bother learning Flash; Every other program seems to be superior for this kind of thing, and Apple wants it dead yesterday so they give it two years tops before it officially kicks the bucket for programming.

Outside of ToonBoom, Flash is the only other animation option I know about out there, and its the standard. That might not change for a while, but I have a feeling that it will eventually turn that way, and since i'm not going to be learning Flash anyways i'd rather focus my time on a program that's more future-proof.

Are there any suggestions, or is Flash pretty much it?

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What do you need it to do? If you need vectors, Flash and ToonBoom. If you can work with rasters and want a much more traditional workflow, I'd recommend TVpaint.

TVpaint is pretty much the only program I've enjoyed working with, toonboom is okay but it always felt like "flash that doesn't suck to use" while TVpaint is "an animators light table made digital" The weakest thing about tvpaint, for me, is the painting tools.

If you need scalable vectors though, it will not work for that.

Iruka on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Iruka, did you ever get your math problem taken care of?

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No. I am pretty broke, I have zero outlets to pursue professional help for that. Actually, working retail I have discovered other issues. I have a very hard time alphabetizing without repeating the whole alphabet or trying to visualize the whole string of letters. I've been able to break it down into see-able chunks, though.

I basically would, at this point, need to be put into a situation where learning it was critical so I could force myself to relearn the random tricks that got me through math one semester at a time.

Iruka on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ruk wrote:
    I have a very hard time alphabetizing without repeating the whole alphabet or trying to visualize the whole string of letters.

You're not alone there; I still sing the alphabet song in my head. Though I can cut into the song in chunks, like LMNOP flows quite nicely off the tounge.

Mustang on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, working the stacks at the main campus library for a few months broke me of having to sing nursery rhymes in my head every time I needed to figure out which letter came before which.

Still have to visualize it, though.

How are you visualizing your alphabet, Iruka? Top to bottom or left to right?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God I'm going ot love next semester when I don't have to share a room with a guy who starts voice chat at 3am

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fug: left to right. Like I picture the strip over the chalk board from elementary school.

Iruka on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Iruka wrote: »
    No. I am pretty broke, I have zero outlets to pursue professional help for that. Actually, working retail I have discovered other issues. I have a very hard time alphabetizing without repeating the whole alphabet or trying to visualize the whole string of letters. I've been able to break it down into see-able chunks, though.

I basically would, at this point, need to be put into a situation where learning it was critical so I could force myself to relearn the random tricks that got me through math one semester at a time.

If you want some basic tutoring ... I mean, I have a maths degree, and I don't mind writing up explanations and tutorials for things. It's not as convenient as face to face learning but I can break stuff down pretty well on paper.

My memory is a bit fuzzy but I seem to recall you said you had problems with visualizing numbers and getting an intuitive understanding of arithmetic concepts ... I could be way off though. Anyway, hit me up if you like and we can try out some tricks.

tynic on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mangoes wrote:
    So I want to get some new glasses because I am visually impaired and my current ones are lame. Since I seem to have poor taste with these things, can I get some suggestions?

I'm kind of leaning towards the hipster-ish thick black frame style. Oh, and I have a pretty round head.

being visually impaired myself i feel your pain, if you could somehow get your avatar googles in your perscription i think that owuld be your best option :D

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm also getting new glasses soon, and I heard about these new lenses called Crizal Forte that sound awesome. They're supposed to be some of the best smudge-proof, dust-proof, scratch-proof lenses on the market. If that's true, I really want them.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    just curious why you other eye protected people havent done laser?

i have the keratoconus <which despite what it sounds like does not mean i was stabbed in the eye with a carrot, although that would probably be better for my eye long term>

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I want to do Lasik, but I think my eyes have getting worse lately (and if I'm not mistaken, that will preclude any laser eye surgery for a while). I'm not sure if my eyes are actually getting worse (it really seems like it), but a visit to the eye doctor should clear that up.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah they want your vision to stablize before going in there with laser swords and force or else you will have to get me redone, and there are only so many mitochlorians to go around

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Opened up the chat thread for the first time today, read this:
    Paradise wrote: »
    Iruka, did you ever get your meth problem taken care of?

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    math... not even once!

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think they won't even do Lasik on you until you're in your earlyish, mid-20's...because yeah, apparently most peoples' eyes keep changing up until around that point. Obviously they still change afterwards, but it's not as drastic.

I also still have to run through the entire alphabet to figure out what comes before and what comes after a letter. I don't have to sing the song, but the "pauses" at the end of the lines I still keep.

I actually think I learned the alphabet song before I learned the alphabet, because I can remember being a wee lass and thinking that "ellimeno" was a single letter.

lawl!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    So, we just had an earthquake about 50 miles west of the island. Registered at about a 4.6. My mom called me to say she felt the entire house shaking. I didn't really feel anything in my office. Pretty crazy stuff. Apparently, there is no tsunami warning in effect.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just think, the Japanese earthquake was about 230,000 times stronger.

I think thats right.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I had no idea what the difference between numbers on the Richter scale actually equated to in terms of earthquake strength, until I read an article talking about the Japan quake, and how they'd upgraded it from an 8.9 to a 9.0.....and how apparently that means it was twice as powerful as initially reported.

Then I was like,

D:

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.