PAX Prime Photographer volunteer

CheerfulMattCheerfulMatt Registered User
edited April 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey guys,

Been a long time Penny Arcade reader, thanks to the comic I was able to entertain myself through my deployment in Iraq during my time in the military. I was wondering if anyone out there might be looking for a freelance photographer for this years PAX Prime. I live about two hours away from the event, and will be purchasing my own tickets/hotel room and bringing my 50D, 70-200mm lens to cover what's going on. I would love it if anyone who might know of any media websites that are looking for someone to take some photos.

Again, this is volunteer work for me. I don't expect any kind of payment from it, but would love to take photos for a media organization out there. I've done work for CURE Magazine, the United States Navy and was the lead photographer for the World Championship Sand Sculpture event in Federal Way. I am looking to use the pictures in my portfolio for future event photography.

CheerfulMatt on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Your best bet in this regard would be to contact media outlets directly, as very few of the media frequent these forums.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• CheerfulMattCheerfulMatt Registered User
    edited April 2011
    I will do that. Thanks Moe. I figured if anyone may know anyone out there that might be looking. Thank you all the same.

CheerfulMatt on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you'd like, the Unofficial PAX Community DVD would love to at the very least see your photos. There's a number of photographers and other media outlets that we collaborate with, and we're always looking for more.

You can check us out here if you want to see who we are and what we're up to.

Coldbrew on
    iMIIouF.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    How could I have forgotten about you guys, Coldbrew? Yes, do what he says. They do a great service for the community, especially since PA has stopped putting out their own official PAX DVD.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2011
    Excellent! Just sent you a PM Coldbrew. Thanks again guys for any help you can give.

CheerfulMatt on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Get great pics of the Enforcers!

(we're total media whores)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited April 2011
    Awesome. I'll have to keep that in mind, hah. I'm 26 years old and this will be my first year going as good ole uncle sam never really gave me enough time to go when I was enlisted. Now that I'm out, I really want to check it out. Some of the best memories I've had was when my father would take me to comic con as a kid growing up in California. I'll be the only person that I know who is going to PAX. My family isn't really much in touch with their inner geek side, so it should be an experience riding solo. :)

Thanks for your help guys, I totally appreciate it. My dream someday would be to go to this thing and have full media access, working for a gaming company that needed the photos but until then, just being apart of it all would be very awesome too.

I would go just to go but my camera is like my oxygen. If I don't have it on me taking photos, I'm not able to work!

CheerfulMatt on
  • TeknoRed10TeknoRed10 Registered User
    edited April 2011
    i'm a photographer too, and would love to contribute too... i wont be packing alot of gear (the mark iv gets heavy after awhile) but just enough to shoot alot of cosplayers, and of course the PA panels

TeknoRed10 on
    "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule everything."