As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed III: THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I didn't think it was that hard. I suspect you're just missing the cool stuff you had :) You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly I think.

streever on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope so because I really dig what's happening so far. In particular I'm curious to follow this Cristina storyline. That's the lady Ezio visits in the beginning of 2, right?

I could do without the OCD that comes with "ooooh I can get full sync if I do it this way," but I'm sure I'll hit something that I just can't do after numerous attempts to get me over that.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2011
    I didn't have that hard of a time hitting 100% synch! (except those two stupid da vinci war machine missions. F them. I still haven't tried the bug for the tank one but will....). Yea, Cristina is the lady from AC:2.

You can get her final mission with only 75% synch I think, so don't worry too much!

streever on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I just bought Brotherhood (finally) since it's $27 at Best Buy and I have a $25 gift card. I figured even AC1 is selling for $19.99 new most places, so $27 will be around the best deal you can get for a long time.

that said, my backlog is horrendous. just insane. So I want to hold off on the single player side of things for a bit while I beat some other stuff I have.

Can i just dive into multi-player without spoiling or needing any of the single player for awhile? I have been hyped about the multi-player side of this game for ages, and really want to dive into it at times when I have an extra 20 minutes or so at a time - not long enough to get into the plot, but long enough to mess around online.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Multiplayer has nothing to do with single player. They're practically 2 separate games.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I do remember the MP had a "story-like" setup to explain what it actual is and how to play, but I'd hardly say it was spoiling anything in the main plot if even vaguely related at all. Then once you get in a game, it's just about stabbing people in the face. I'd say you're safe.

Edit: Beat'd

Decoy on
    edited April 2011
    awesome. so excited to stab people in the face later today.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited April 2011
    Aweeeeeesome game. Have not touched single player. Having a BLAST with multi, pretty much just playing Wanted.

This is the best multiplayer game ever. Honestly. Its not my FAVORITE, but the concept and goals are the best. I need to convince like 5 friends to get it so it can be even more badass (in addition to playing with you fine folk)

mxmarks on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I figure by the time I get around to tracking down The Truth in 2 Brotherhood will be down to $20. Come on discounts!

Xeddicus on
    edited April 2011
    Its only $7 away right now! Join me in face stabbing!

I got up to level 11 last night, and I love this. Man oh man, hanging on a bench, waiting - WAITING - is the most tense fucking thing ever. Once paranoia creeps in and I start thinking anyone walking by is coming to kill me.

mxmarks on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    People who don't play AssBro on PC are the worst people.

The wait for stabbinating mans is so long. :cry:

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2011
    I was just going to come back in here again to ask - is the netcode awful or is no one playing? Because the wait takes forever.

"Looking for Abstergo Agents...3/6....2/6...5/6....5/6....5/6..../4/6...."

Ive never been able to join a Ranked Wanted match, and usually after 1 Player Match Wanted match I get booted and spend 3-5 minutes looking for another. Kind of annoying. But the game is good enough I get over it very quickly.

mxmarks on
    edited April 2011
    MXMarks, yea, I think the problem is it is not being played a lot--if you try to play during more popular times I think you see a lot more people.

streever on
    edited April 2011
    Cool - hopefully the weekend picks up a bit. I work weird hours so Im on most between 1PM - 7PM EST.

Another question - why would I ever want to change my guys color? Wouldnt that make people be able to differentiate me WAY easier?

mxmarks on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If they added bot support for the multiplayer, I.... would.... never.... leave.... Hell, I'd probably build my own Animus out of a toilet/refrigerator hybrid.

Seriously though, my play times have been kinda odd, due to work schedule, so I generally have to stop playing once prime US times start up.
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Another question - why would I ever want to change my guys color? Wouldnt that make people be able to differentiate me WAY easier?

It also changes the colors of the NPCs that match your model. So you're standing out like a ridiculous clown snowflake or anything.

Decoy on
    edited April 2011
    haha everytime I go to edit my post, there's a response and I just make a new one.

So yesterday before starting I noticed 2 free DLC packs, and was super psyched and downloaded them. I grabbed Animus 2.0, and noticed I already HAD 1.0. I guess I downloaded it when it first came out, thinking it may not be free forever? Or does 2.0 comes with it?

Either way, reading wikipedia I just saw this in the description for 2.0...
    Advanced Alliance is also packaged with the new DLC, while the Mont Saint-Michel map is not. Only one DLC can be activated at a time, so players will either be missing the new map from the 1.0 update or the new mode, new map and Templar Scoring from the 2.0 update.

What does that mean, and how do I choose which to activate?

mxmarks on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Its a fairly new experience for me playing Brotherhood on the PC as I played both AC1 and 2 on the PS3. I'm making less freerunning errors (like hurtling off a ledge when I meant to turn around) because of the better precision of a mouse, but also keep hitting wrong keyboard keys as Spacebar making you run really fast is sort of unintuitive. I could rebind it, but the key setup is complex and I'm not really sure its worth it.

Dhalphir on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Its a fairly new experience for me playing Brotherhood on the PC as I played both AC1 and 2 on the PS3. I'm making less freerunning errors (like hurtling off a ledge when I meant to turn around) because of the better precision of a mouse, but also keep hitting wrong keyboard keys as Spacebar making you run really fast is sort of unintuitive. I could rebind it, but the key setup is complex and I'm not really sure its worth it.

I have a crazy fast PC, so I play it for the awesome graphics of the PC while using a controller for movement. Great combination.

Warcry on
  • obolon84obolon84 Good news, everyone! I just blue myself.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »
    haha everytime I go to edit my post, there's a response and I just make a new one.

So yesterday before starting I noticed 2 free DLC packs, and was super psyched and downloaded them. I grabbed Animus 2.0, and noticed I already HAD 1.0. I guess I downloaded it when it first came out, thinking it may not be free forever? Or does 2.0 comes with it?

Either way, reading wikipedia I just saw this in the description for 2.0...
    Advanced Alliance is also packaged with the new DLC, while the Mont Saint-Michel map is not. Only one DLC can be activated at a time, so players will either be missing the new map from the 1.0 update or the new mode, new map and Templar Scoring from the 2.0 update.

What does that mean, and how do I choose which to activate?

Basically, 1.0 has the Mont St-Michel map while 2.0 has another map with the Chest Hunt mode and the ranking system which seemed pretty interesting when I was playing. In the main multiplayer menu there's a choice which update you want to enable. You should probably just try out the two updates to see which of the maps you prefer as that's really the main difference, unless you like playing Chest Hunt.

obolon84 on
    bJnuewi.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mxmarks are you playing on 360. You tempt me with your $27.99 awesome game... I would play with man's on 360, and totally sell my copy of blops.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited April 2011
    Mxmarks are you playing on 360. You tempt me with your $27.99 awesome game... I would play with man's on 360, and totally sell my copy of blops.

I AM on the 360. And it is glorious.

mxmarks on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    KAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!
    Probably buying it on my way home. GT is in my sig if you want to add me.

Custom Special on
    edited April 2011
    I will. My hours are a bit weird, but tomorrow and Saturday ill be on in the evening.

mxmarks on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

It grows on you, actually. I've become quite dextrous with the default KBAM setup. That said, I can see how most wouldn't like it. So buy a wired 360 controller or try and get your hands on one of those wireless receivers. I have one and it's the bee's knees. It works with the wireless headset too.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2011
    By far my biggest gripe so far is the lock on system. Too many times I kill a civilian because I lock the wrong person in a twitch reflex type situation.

mxmarks on
  • MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Warcry wrote: »

I have a crazy fast PC, so I play it for the awesome graphics of the PC while using a controller for movement. Great combination.

Agreed. Assassins Creed is one of those games that just feels better with a controller, even as a die-hard KBAM user.

Metallikat on
    edited April 2011
    So I got a phone call during a match and had to quit out.

Ever since this happened, I have not been able to join a game. Trying to load multiplayer loads for a second, then says "The Assassins Creed Brotherhood Server is Unavailable. Please try again later." Ive been trying again all day, nothing.

I also noticed it says LEVEL 1 in the upper corner. I am HOPING this is because it cant match my name to the server to see who I am and what rank I am. Because if I lost all my progress, Im going to go from loving this to being very, very unhappy.

Anyone get this message before?

EDIT - Nevermind - deleting the Title Update and reinstalling it worked.

mxmarks on
    edited April 2011
    Got my copy of Brotherhood. Mx, your shenanigans not only got me to buy the game, but then in turn got me to get my co-worker to pick it up. We both grabbed it after work today. :)
    Plus I got that Officer character, which I wasn't expecting. A free thing is always nice.

Custom Special on
    edited April 2011
    Got my copy of Brotherhood. Mx, your shenanigans not only got me to buy the game, but then in turn got me to get my co-worker to pick it up. We both grabbed it after work today. :)
    Plus I got that Officer character, which I wasn't expecting. A free thing is always nice.

Awesome - I wish I had that influence over my friends and co-workers, haha!

Either way, Ill be on tonight so I hope to run into you two. It's suuuuuuuuuuuuch a great game.

I had a ton of fun trying out chest hunt or whatever last night. Every mode is so great.

And to think there's a single player game that people are saying is AT LEAST as good as AC2 on this disc too, it's unreal.

mxmarks on
    edited April 2011
    I think AC:B single player is better than 2, personally. The game play and mechanics are really sweet.

streever on
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So how bad does the radar ruin multiplayer mode? Seems a little silly that the blue thing points you right toward your guy you are chasing down.

Kinderparty on
    edited April 2011
    It isn't that accurate. It only really ruins it when you play against level 50 guys, who have much more accurate radar, and yours is freaking out about the solo person who looks just like them in front of you, while meanwhile they are really behind you.

streever on
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    streever wrote: »
    It isn't that accurate. It only really ruins it when you play against level 50 guys, who have much more accurate radar, and yours is freaking out about the solo person who looks just like them in front of you, while meanwhile they are really behind you.

More accurate radar? I don't think that is the case. There is a loss-streak bonus that enhances the precision of your radar, but nobody ever chooses that, because there is a double score loss-streak bonus and a reset cooldowns loss-streak bonus. Perhaps they spotted you using Templar Vision or by throwing Firecrackers...or simply by watching how you move or how you appeared around a corner into line-of-sight. I guess it is possible that they are cheating (I swear I kept getting inhumanly stunned repeatedly by a team gliding into range and back out before I could do anything once), or that their client is showing them different NPCs (someone reported that as a possibility in an earlier thread).

RandomHajile on
    edited April 2011

More accurate radar? I don't think that is the case. There is a loss-streak bonus that enhances the precision of your radar, but nobody ever chooses that, because there is a double score loss-streak bonus and a reset cooldowns loss-streak bonus. Perhaps they spotted you using Templar Vision or by throwing Firecrackers...or simply by watching how you move or how you appeared around a corner into line-of-sight. I guess it is possible that they are cheating (I swear I kept getting inhumanly stunned repeatedly by a team gliding into range and back out before I could do anything once), or that their client is showing them different NPCs (someone reported that as a possibility in an earlier thread).

Ah, the last seems possible. Templar vision also seems possible. I do think there is a pretty big discrepancy in terms of powers between level 50 and level 10-20 players.

I mean, I am sure they are also better players (I haven't played much lately, but I pre-ordered and played it the first few days--quite a bit--and was seeing level 50 guys before I knew it at level 20, so they must have been playing near obsessively?) but it just seems like there should be some way to not play with people so far out of your level. That is the only thing I find really frustrating--the team modes are the most fun, but if you enter a team mode and there are 2 level 50s and everyone else is beneath you, the level 50s team up and you get stuck with a level 2 guy who doesn't even understand the basics....

streever on
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Ah, the last seems possible. Templar vision also seems possible. I do think there is a pretty big discrepancy in terms of powers between level 50 and level 10-20 players.

I mean, I am sure they are also better players (I haven't played much lately, but I pre-ordered and played it the first few days--quite a bit--and was seeing level 50 guys before I knew it at level 20, so they must have been playing near obsessively?) but it just seems like there should be some way to not play with people so far out of your level. That is the only thing I find really frustrating--the team modes are the most fun, but if you enter a team mode and there are 2 level 50s and everyone else is beneath you, the level 50s team up and you get stuck with a level 2 guy who doesn't even understand the basics....

Yeah, I am level 50, and I still wonder how guys pull off some of those kills. I generally roll with Slow Poison and Smoke Bombs (cheesing the focus bonus). I generally come in first or second with just a few kills (Wanted mode). Still getting slaughtered in Assassinate mode, though.

RandomHajile on
    edited April 2011
    If anyone is up for some assbro tonight, I am so up for it.

mxmarks on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    New Assassin's Creed: Revelations coming this November!

Game Informer preview

Highlights:
    -Play as Altair, Ezio, and Desmond
    -New locals include Constantinople during the Ottoman Empire
    -New items/gadgets
    -New customizable multiplayer

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You know, I could have sworn I just posted about that in this thread, but I see I didn't.

Which leads me to believe I either dreamed it or accidentally posted it in a different, unrelated thread.

edit: Ah, I see, there are two Revelations threads.

SteevL on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SteevL wrote: »
    Which leads me to believe I either dreamed it or accidentally posted it in a different, unrelated thread.

Either way. Hilarious.

Also: Assassins Creed really is going to be a yearly franchise? I am a little saddened...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Raze_EverythingRaze_Everything Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is the little eagle head on the end of the hidden blade? To catch swords with?

See what i mean here-
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreedrevelations/gami_218_cov_a_front.jpg

Raze_Everything on
    RazeEverything.png