As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Ahab and Mars Relationship [Chat] Power Hour!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited June 2011 in Artist's Corner
It's here! Please don't spoil anything. Some of us [me] won't be able to play it for a few months. :?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    To be honest I only just downloaded the first Portal and I'm still not finished, chances of me spoiling anyone are fuck all to none.

Mustang on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a Portal 2?! Well, don't spoil that one either!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I heard that in the game, events occur

Tam on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I found my true love while playing portal 2.
    It's a turret

wakkawa on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Portal 2 has
    portals

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    I heard that in the game, events occur

Aww, c'mon, i hadn't gotten to that part yet!

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have to wait two weeks+ for my PS3 copy to arrive.

EDIT: But at least I added 14 potatoes to the pile.

Flay on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I preordered Portal 2, but today is my second 11 hour shift in a row before I work a 13 hour day, so I'm not counting on playing it much this week. D:

melting_doll on
  • AwkAwk Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ah crap its like heroin....

Awk on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't have motion sickness issues in real life but I can't even watch other people play Portal without getting seasick, or, I guess throughthefloorsick. so I am spoilerfree, for the most part.

tapeslinger on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What about playing Portal yourself, tape? I don't have motion sickness issues with trains/planes/automobiles or FPSes .... but watching someone else play an FPS always gives me terrible motion sickness.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So it's been 3 weeks since my girlfriend dumped me after 3 years of relationship and almost a year living together, and she's already with someone else -- someone who was a mutual friend.

I know it's life and this shit happens and I'll get over it and it was only my first girlfriend... But good God, it hurts as hell and it's tough to get over her. I'm stuck between a sentiment of rage and infinite sadness.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Uhg, that's a rough situation. I'm really sorry.

You should remove her from facebook, hit the gym and try to stay busy.

F87 on
    edited April 2011
    I've removed myself from Facebook for a while, t'was an easier solution for the moment.

I'm just really looking forward to the day I'll get over her and stop being stuck in nostalgia and thinking about the fact that we'll never have more moments together like we used to. It's the sucky phase of "Everything reminds me of her". It was already tough engaging in the process of getting over her, it's kind of even harder to do knowing that a person I tought was my friend has now taken my place at her side.

"C'est la vie", I know. But it's just happening so fucking fast I have difficulty right now adjusting to all this shit.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hm. I got an ipod nano for my birthday. Need some music.

Maybe I'll make yet another thread.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't wait to portal my way through that game (and with friends too yay) but damn, fresh game prices have really gone up over the years huh (Or am I being nostalgic?)

m3nace on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    squidbunny wrote: »
    What about playing Portal yourself, tape? I don't have motion sickness issues with trains/planes/automobiles or FPSes .... but watching someone else play an FPS always gives me terrible motion sickness.

oh no, I tried it and the situation, it was not a good one. My boyfriend thought it would be a great game for me because I love puzzles, schizophrenic robots, and fucked up moral quandary, and also false promises of cake. so my inability to even spectate for that game is disappoint. I love to watch cinematic fps games, tf2 is one of my favorites, and I watch that more than I play it. I've never played more than a few moments of Left 4 Dead, I suck at managing the controls or something, but I've watched most of the campaigns for 1 and 2. I am weird, I know. :D

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2011
    52, one thing I might suggest is to find a new hobby, sport or activity that you haven't done or always wanted to do, and dive into it. The challenge might help you clear your mind and prioritize. :)

tapeslinger on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The One 52 wrote: »
    So it's been 3 weeks since my girlfriend dumped me after 3 years of relationship and almost a year living together, and she's already with someone else -- someone who was a mutual friend.

I know it's life and this shit happens and I'll get over it and it was only my first girlfriend... But good God, it hurts as hell and it's tough to get over her. I'm stuck between a sentiment of rage and infinite sadness.

That's rough mate, and it'll hurt you for a while, but time heals all.

To your defense, it sounds like the mutual friend that she's currently dating could be her safety choice, or the rebound relationship. She might go out with him for a while before moving on, so he's not exactly in the best position either. If this is true she might not ever see him in the same light as she did with you, especially after 3 years.

Godfather on
    edited April 2011
    I can't wait to have the energy to do something challenging. I'm just so tired of thinking about her and what we had. Haven't had a good night of sleep in 3 weeks.

I would have liked to move past this as fast as her. I think that's what annoys me the most (but that's just me being selfish I guess).

Thanks for the advices though. I'll try to do something about it.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, I hate people who spoil things. Years ago in college, there was this fat, obnoxious know it all that was way ahead of me in Metal Gear Solid 3. He said...or rather yelled:
    "Tatanya and Eva are the same! She's the spy, I already got to that part"

I was so upset at him, when I told him not to spoil it he replied "Well, it was obvious wasn't it? I mean, I figured it out long before they told me" As if indirectly calling me stupid somehow made it better.

MagicToaster on
    edited April 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    That's rough mate, and it'll hurt you for a while, but time heals all.

To your defense, it sounds like the mutual friend that she's currently dating could be her safety choice, or the rebound relationship. She might go out with him for a while before moving on, so he's not exactly in the best position either. If this is true she might not ever see him in the same light as she did with you, especially after 3 years.
    I wish. Not that I wish her to be sad or anything, but they seemed pretty close for the last month. She told me it was not premeditated, that she did not left me because of that. I remember when we were still together that I kept joking about it. It annoyed me a bit, but she was always like: "Don't be jealous of him, I wouldn't go out with him if we were not together". And I believed her.

So since yesterday, I keep thinking about them and I'm like: "What the fuck, man? What the hell just happened here?". Like (even if it doesn't make sense) it was a train that I sort of knew was coming, didn't believe it, and realized only at the last second that it would hit me.

Anyway, what can I do about it know except trying to get past it? I just know that I don't want to see either of them right now.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    I am so incredibly tired of installing RMS. Who the hell needs modeling software, anyway? Just stick your finger in the wind and choose a number to charge the damn clients and let the money come pouring into the bank accounts.

Grifter on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    April 19, 2011. At 20:11 Skynet goes online. As a result of temporal interference by Sarah Connor, her son John, Miles Dyson, and the T-800[1] destroying Cyberdyne headquarters and all backups of the research in 1995, the date for Judgment Day is moved to two days after activation which is Thursday April 21, 2011.

Obilex on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OH GOD new chat thread must post and get the blue dot OH GOD I NEVER PLAYED PORTAL WHAT AM I GOING TO DO IN THIS THREAD EVEN.

NightDragon on
    edited April 2011
    Play portal ND.

I will gift it to you on steam if I have to go that far to get you to play it.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

edited April 2011
    Ah, thank you! That is very kind o' ye, sir Napp...but eeeeeeh even though I've heard it's a short game to play through, I am not in the proper mental space to play a new game right now. I think I'm enjoying being lazy and once in awhile opening up Minecraft. I will play Portal eventually though! :P

NightDragon on
    edited April 2011
    it can be as short as an hour and a half assuming none of the puzzles trip you up too bad

Nappuccino on

edited April 2011
    Hmm. I will wait for a weekend.

NightDragon on
    edited April 2011
    Small consolation: at least I keep the apartment. Hooray, yeah... will have to rearrange everything so nothing reminds me of her. And in like 5-6 months, I'll be able to move on even more.

And with that I'll close the chapter of my break-up to stop bumming you all with that.

---

"So what's the deal with those Portals, anyway?" (*laughters*)

I've downloaded the first title like a year ago, have it on the 360 too, and never played it. I don't know why.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Marty, its a great game. Give it a shot! Also, youll be on your feet in no time!

MagicToaster on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just finished Portal 1 this morning, I wish there were more games this short and this awesome.
    I so wish I had time to play dragon age 2 though, being a parent is really rough on your available game time.
    and god; Skyrim is out later this year, never going to get to play that, I'll just buy it and look at the box.

Mustang on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I'm so mad that I'm too poor to buy portal 2. SO MAD.

Iruka on
    edited April 2011
    The One 52 wrote: »
    "So what's the deal with those Portals, anyway?" (*laughters*)

I've downloaded the first title like a year ago, have it on the 360 too, and never played it. I don't know why.

now there is a good self distraction to try!

tapeslinger on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My friend's youngest son just ate an entire 24 oz container of cool whip.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WTF thats gross

Also I've never played Portal, but totally plan on getting 2 once I manage to get my PS3 fixed.
    BLUE DOT GET

earthwormadam on
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, I love Frosted Mini Wheats. They have to be one of my all-time favorite cereals. DELICIOUS LITTLE BITE-SIZE MORSELS OF PSUEDO-HEALTHY GOODNESS

nom nom nom.

NightDragon on
    edited April 2011
    My friend's youngest son just ate an entire 24 oz container of cool whip.

I gagged a little just thinking about that. There's more oil than milk in that though, so I guess you wouldn't react to it the way you'd react to the ol' gallon jug chug.

tapeslinger on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Headache = boooo.

Portal 2 = yaaaay!

People not playing Portal 2 = boooo.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited April 2011
    Headache = boooo.

Portal 2 = yaaaay!

People not playing Portal 2 = boooo.
    But it costs money. Precious money that I don't have. :(

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
This discussion has been closed.