As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom of [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't even know, Mori

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Man live in servants. I miss the gilded age as well.

Last year I spent some time with Leigh at her parent's home. They have a few servants. A cook, some cleaning staff, gardener, etc. And it was such a painfully awkward experience for me. The idea that someone was being paid to clean up after me made me deeply uncomfortable.

I had this every time I went to visit my folks in Rwanda. they find it uncomfortable as well, but they didn't really have a choice in the matter.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    4/21 is too late. Smoke weed on 4/19 so you can say you were smoking weed before it was mainstream.
    Or, you know, just don't.
    That's the route I've been taking for the last five years or so...
    :^:
    You guys should get together and compare the "XXX"es you have tattoo'd on the back of your necks.

I know it's not the joke you're going for, but when I was at my dumbest point as a stupid kid in college I almost got either the hitman barcode or the triple x movie tattoo on the back of my neck.

Every time I look in the mirror and see the mortal kombat dragon on my back shoulder I just shake my head as if I'm my own parent.

I need more tattoos that don't suck to make up for that one. that's how it works right?

My co-worker's long time boyfriend is a tattoo artist and I guess one day him and a couple of the other guys at the shop got cobra kai tattoos. It sounds awesome to me, but I'm pretty sure there'd be a point where I was like... why did I do that.

I'm still glad that I'm a wuss and haven't gotten nerd life across my knuckles.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bored and sketching at work...
    37e57ed6d8a1461caf3d8a4715317dcd_7.jpg

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The hell you don't.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    eddy sure tweets a lot.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh?

more like jacobkush

i am basically like pigpen from peanuts only the cloud is the most exquisite pot smoke

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If I was rich I'd live in a big ass mansion, all by myself

and have tons of nice cars and nice things

i would spend it all on myself and not give a dime to anyone else
    HATERS

GONNA

HATE

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The hell you don't.

I don't

I am really confused now

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    mori and elldren are like having a fight in slow motion or something.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Last year I spent some time with Leigh at her parent's home. They have a few servants. A cook, some cleaning staff, gardener, etc. And it was such a painfully awkward experience for me. The idea that someone was being paid to clean up after me made me deeply uncomfortable.

Did you stick some silverware in your pocket?

Leigh's mother likes me. I'm not eager to change that state of affairs.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    mori and elldren are like having a fight in slow motion or something.

Haters... Haters gonna.. ha... :zzz:

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2011
    As long as you have a good relationship with your live in servant, and you aren't an ass to them, it is in no way uncomfortable.

It's not like they are a slave or anything... they are just a personal assistant who manages cooking and cleaning... and get paid fairly well for it and don't have to pay rent.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Every time I fight in a dream it's always in slow motion. It really pisses me off. I never have a cool anime fight in a dream.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    If I was rich I'd live in a big ass mansion, all by myself

and have tons of nice cars and nice things

i would spend it all on myself and not give a dime to anyone else
    HATERS

GONNA

HATE

I'd steal some of your shit just on general principle. Not enough to be useful or have any cash value, just enough to be annoying.

Like all your spoons. Or all your left socks.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    jacobkosh?

more like jacobkush

i am basically like pigpen from peanuts only the cloud is the most exquisite pot smoke

Hmm...second hand smoke high.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    eddy sure tweets a lot.

seriously

it's pretty funny

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hm, the NASAwatch guy finally pestered the Morpheus people enough that they started posting videos of the test firing. Pretty spiff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCz-oQG7HMs&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    my parents used to have a maid come by once a few weeks or so. the house was so trashed that all she could do was like vacuum downstairs. pretty retarded really.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what? you people are crazy. I stayed in a villa that had staff and it was fuck awesome. Woke up to a huge and awesome breakfast every day.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    syndalis wrote: »
    As long as you have a good relationship with your live in servant, and you aren't an ass to them, it is in no way uncomfortable.

It's not like they are a slave or anything... they are just a personal assistant who manages cooking and cleaning... and get paid fairly well for it and don't have to pay rent.

:^:

You know

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Every time I fight in a dream it's always in slow motion. It really pisses me off. I never have a cool anime fight in a dream.

I hate it when you swing a punch in a dream and it's hells of wimpy when it connects and does no damage at all.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I don't want to pay someone to do the business of my life for me

or to see where I sleep

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    syndalis wrote: »

Cultural relic of where I grew up. Also I deeply hate borrowing money large or small.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    when i was working we hired a lady to come clean every couple of weeks. having someone kind of hit the "reset" button every 2 weeks really helped up be able to keep our place nice.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

My family when I was younger for a while had a lady who would come in and clean once a week mostly because both my parents were working full time. This stopped around high school though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would love to pay someone to do my business for me

and watch me sleep

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All conservatives only buy one kind of sock, though, so your theft would have little effect.

Also if they run out of spoons they just pay children with small hands

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I feel the exact same way, even being in the office when the cleaners turn up has the same effect to the point where i feel i should just start clearing up the desks around me so i don't feel like such a lazy useless lump.
    And then i wonder if that's being rude and I generally mumble something and bolt for the door.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Variable wrote: »

and watch me sleep

Where do you live, Vari?

No wait, don't tell me. I'm already there.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Variable wrote: »

and watch me sleep

murmuring gently

misting the air with sweet perfume just before you arise

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I hate it when you swing a punch in a dream and it's hells of wimpy when it connects and does no damage at all.

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

My family when I was younger for a while had a lady who would come in and clean once a week mostly because both my parents were working full time. This stopped around high school though.

And I think I could be more comfortable with that. But yeah full time servants isn't something I'd deal with well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I did maid work in high school and I judged the fuck out of my employers

it was amazing how much their houses revealed about their awful sham marriages

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    eddy sure tweets a lot.

seriously

it's pretty funny

i was all, sure i'll follow him back, then suddenly my wall was flooded.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    the fights in my dreams tend to be really brutal. like i break arms and stuff. i haven't had one in a long time though.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    when i was working we hired a lady to come clean every couple of weeks. having someone kind of hit the "reset" button every 2 weeks really helped up be able to keep our place nice.

When I was growing up and my dad was a VP at Glaxo and my stepmother was a busy real estate agent and there were four kids in the home... yeah, we had someone who did the cooking and cleaning for us, and lived in a room in the house. There was nothing at all wrong with this arrangement. Julie was practically a member of the family. Just one that got paid to do our laundry, clean our house and cook our meals.

But we shared Christmas with her, thanksgiving... had a birthday cake for her... it was nice. And she was paid to do it.

As for maid service? Yeah, that shit is fucking awesome. I have used such services in the past, and it kept my place acceptable to entertain in a way that I could never manage on my own.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    cool, looks like i might be going to OTC for work, even though I do work for a space suit company.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    listening to people make presentations

the amount of these that were left till the last minute

Tav on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I did maid work in high school and I judged the fuck out of my employers

it was amazing how much their houses revealed about their awful sham marriages

I just read this book recently:

41lm4iZGmtL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    Do the things on your desk betray the thoughts on your mind? Does your dining room décor carry clues to your character? Award-winning psychologist Sam Gosling has dispatched teams of scientific investigators to poke around bedrooms and offices, check out iPods, and peek at personal websites—to see what can be learned about us simply from looking at our belongings. What he has discovered is intriguing: When it comes to the most essential components of our personality—from friendliness and flexibility to openness and originality—the things we own and the way we arrange them can say more about who we are than even our most intimate conversations.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.