As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mega-Man: Always Fighting To Save The World!

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vote for what MegaMan Volnutt looks like in Mega Man Legends 3!

Personally, I like the colors of A, the shoes of C, and everything else is B.

Best starts with a B.

RockinX on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm voting C. I totally agree with the "underwear-like pants" criticism of designs A and B.

Hexmage-PA on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I also voted for C. The less robotic gloves and the desighn of the shoulder pads did it for me.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I voted C. I'm fine with B, but I don't want to reuse the MML2 design.

Turkey on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I went B, but I do like the smoother armor of C. The lack of the robo undies just feels wrong to me.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like C with B's hands.

Delzhand on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I choose A cause I'm old fashion I guess.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzzXnv5JYo

I need a 3DS.

And new pants.

RockinX on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    According to Gaf, they will be releasing a prologue to MML3 on 3DSWare that will cost 2.50. The funds will go toward funding the final product.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure they could find something to put that USD 25 to use for.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    According to Gaf, they will be releasing a prologue to MML3 on 3DSWare that will cost 2.50. The funds will go toward funding the final product.

...so why is Capcom, a company with huge amounts of money at their disposal, making these guys essentially go out onto the street and panhandle?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited April 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

...so why is Capcom, a company with huge amounts of money at their disposal, making these guys essentially go out onto the street and panhandle?

Probably because Capcom doesn't want to fund the game themselves. This seems like a labor of love, as Capcom makes sure we know they are not the ones pushing to get this made.

I wonder just how much they are having to fund themselves to get this made.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    This really is depressing. To see such a fate befall a character that helped build that company.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MM2 started as an unfunded side project.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited April 2011
    Yea, with Inafune's exit, it seems Capcom has all but written off Mega Man as one of their top tier characters. It makes me sad, as Mega Man is up there with characters like Mario, Samus, and Ratchet that I love.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll have to find a way to buy the prototype before actually getting a hold of a 3DS somehow. Can I just mail some change in an envelope to Capcom?

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited April 2011
    They can't charge for it. They need as much publicity as they can get for a game they're not sure it'll even sell. I actually like the new character, which surprises me a lot.

RockinX on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I really don't understand Capcom these days. I'm more and more understanding why Inafune quit. It still baffles me how much they can shit over their #1 franchise just because they are pissed at Inafune (or at least, that's what it looks like)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Mega Man hasn't been their number one franchise for a long time.

Orochi_Rockman on
    edited April 2011
    Not since Street Fighter. Then RE. Then Monsta Hunta.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited April 2011
    Bad choice of words - it is (or was) their flagship franchise though. He was basically their mascot. They threw Mega Man on everything.

(also cumulatively there are like fifty bazillion Mega Man games so I imagine it's likely the overall largest grossing franchise they have, even if newer games don't sell as well)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I still like Capcom games, Resident Evil and Dead Rising in particular

But yeah, what the hell is this. Essentially forcing their own employees to get funding from elsewhere just to get a video game with their IP made

It's total nonsense

But I will pay for that demo and I will pay whatever they ask for it

MegaMan Legends 3 is something that the world deserves

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited April 2011
    Reading the Joystiq article, apparently beating it unlocks a debug mode that lets you explore in-development areas of the game. Which is actually pretty damn cool.

Warlock82 on
    edited April 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Reading the Joystiq article, apparently beating it unlocks a debug mode that lets you explore in-development areas of the game. Which is actually pretty damn cool.

Jesus it's like we're back in the era of shareware or something

That's pretty cool but also weird in this day and age of "DON'T SHOW ANYTHING TO THE PRESS OR PUBLIC THAT MIGHT LOOK INCOMPLETE"

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Screw the haters, I think it is a rad idea. It's also only two bucks people.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For real, it's going to be awesome. And I get to feel like I'm doing my part to help a game get made.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited April 2011
    Oh I'll pay whatever they want

Anything they ask of me I will do

As long as MegaMan Legends 3 becomes a reality

It's just weird is all

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Screw the haters, I think it is a rad idea. It's also only two bucks people.

Yeah, the price is good. I'm glad they aren't milking it.

While I dislike the concept of paying for a demo, the fact they are putting a debug mode in there makes it interesting enough to make up for that.

Plus I'm all for supporting the developers here since Capcom sure as hell isn't. I do hate the fact that Capcom is probably going to profit like hell off this though given the way they've treated the project.

Warlock82 on
    edited April 2011
    This is very much like the MM2 debacle, it's a self funded labor of love that the company has no confidence in but will probably make bank on.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited April 2011
    This is very much like the MM2 debacle, it's a self funded labor of love that the company has no confidence in but will probably make bank on.

Yup, which honestly has me excited. Games like that tend to be pretty special because the developers devote that much more attention to making them great.

Warlock82 on
    edited April 2011
    So, what if enough people don't buy the demo? Will the game be canceled?

Also, it's kind of weird that the first actual gameplay footage we've seen doesn't even include Mega Man Volnutt, but some random new guy that we've never even heard of until now.

Hexmage-PA on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Jesus it's like we're back in the era of shareware or something

That's pretty cool but also weird in this day and age of "DON'T SHOW ANYTHING TO THE PRESS OR PUBLIC THAT MIGHT LOOK INCOMPLETE"

Which is a shame, because what I think people look for most is a fundamental sense of solidity. Screenshots are almost completely worthless for showing what a game will actually be like, while a skeleton of a game can give you a good idea for what you'll be getting once the flesh is added.

jothki on
    edited April 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So, what if enough people don't buy the demo? Will the game be canceled?

Maybe?

Honestly though, it will be one of the first things in the 3DSWare shop. That alone should earn it quite a few sales since it won't have much competition, *great* visibility, and it's well-priced.

Warlock82 on
    edited April 2011
    Mega Man Network has a link to additional Mega Man Legends 3 footage.

My impressions:

* Wow, the overworld looks much bigger this time around.
    * Barret has a hover bike that you can drive around the island.
    * Wait, Barret can dash, run-up walls short distances, and deliver jumping kicks? Damn, they better give Mega Man Volnutt some new abilities, or else this Barret guy is going to outshine him in his own game!
    * There's a closed store with the Bonne logo in town. Maybe the store that the Bonnes talked about in Mega Man Legends 2 will be open for business in Mega Man Legends 3.

Hexmage-PA on
    edited April 2011
    mega-man-legends-3_201v7hj.jpg

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited April 2011

Source?

Hexmage-PA on
  • MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Best character right there. I love that little dancing freak.

Mattakuevan on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I saw the preview version news on Kotaku earlier, and it's the first time I've been interested in the 3DS.

That looks awesome, and sounds awesome.

HadjiQuest on
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I thought they did the same thing with Dead Rising as well. If people let Capcom nickle and dime them, they'll keep on pulling bullshit like this.

CygnusZ on
    edited April 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »

I thought they did the same thing with Dead Rising as well. If people let Capcom nickle and dime them, they'll keep on pulling bullshit like this.

Case Zero had a unique area with unique missions and a unique story, and all the features of the full game, just in a smaller space and with fewer items, and a level cap

It was less a demo and more a game, while also having the desired effect of whetting people's appetites for more Dead Rising, or if not, then at least they got five bucks out of them while providing them with enough zombie killing to satisfy

This meanwhile, sounds like it's just straight up "here's some missions from the full game or what we hope will be the full game and then there's some debug mode shit you can do so please pay to see it or else we won't get to make it because Capcom isn't giving us any money"

And that is horseshit, because Capcom should be giving these people all the money in the world

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg