As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Sgrub: Rise Up ==> Day 4

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I've seen what Gumpy can do in a position of power.

Clearly, he's either our greatest asset or someone who has to die immediately

Nah, he aint that bad, Gumpy can't quite keep a hood over the eyes of the village the entire game without some really helpful circumstances.

Like say, a village that is sent hurtling against the walls with little hope of independent survival as superpowered factions battle it out while swatting aside villagers as mere collateral, forcing the village to put blind trust in autocratic figures who almost certainly don't have the best of intentions since even if their internal voices are telling him there's something wrong with the man, there's really no options left besides obeying the one they've chosen.

But I mean, come on.

who would host a game like that

The best part of the game was the man with the most powerful role in the history of phalla complaining how biased it was against the village. Even though he could've contacted any faction of his pleasing because he could literally win with anyone

Instead he sat in the background accumulating power until the mafia met their first win condition and converted him

Wait did I mean best? I mean reason why I will punch him in the nose next time we meet. Again!

But as he's not here I can't vote for him. Instead I shall vote for... whoever is the most annoying before the day ends

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wait which one was that, that sounds familiar

Charles Kinbote on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think we should all move out votes off Gumpy

The man couldn't hurt a fly

He tried

His fists bounced off its mighty carapace

Gumpy on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was actually thinking more of the first main phallakinetic when I wrote that post, where Gumpy first rose to Quickendom. Obviously you are more than capable of improving these things with successive iterations, and then having all your plans ruined by HeavyVillain in spite of this.

(yes, I know the village technically received a minor victory in the first phallakinetic main, quiet Gumpy)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Have the previous phallas been archived?

Taya on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm

It appears my old Phalla flowchart won't apply here...
    mafiaflowchart.png

Terrendos on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haha first days are always hilarious. It's basically Everything is True, Anything is permitted.

!I needed a name to post.

Your long, boring name and inconspicuous profile won't save your from scrutiny.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how long do these games usually last, anyway? A week or so?

unintentional on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !There are people whose names are missing from the player list in the OP. Is this intentional?

(I don't see Gumpy or RMED (Romanian My Es...etc etc.) on the player list, though they did sign up)

Might be more, don't have the time to go over things fully yet.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That's all part of their plan

Obviously they're specials

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !There are people whose names are missing from the player list in the OP. Is this intentional?

(I don't see Gumpy or RMED (Romanian My Es...etc etc.) on the player list, though they did sign up)

Might be more, don't have the time to go over things fully yet.

I may have failed to properly copy and paste things. Will need to go over it later to fix it.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how long do these games usually last, anyway? A week or so?

Yep, a bit more from time to time. If it's poorly balanced or really large they can last ages.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So has anything interesting or exciting happened yet?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CorpseRT was revealed to have villainous intentions

The trial is starting now

Gumpy on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A bunch of people made unbased accusations

That's about it

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
    edited April 2011
    Truly scandalous!

Let us string this Corpse fellow up!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited April 2011
    Spudge wrote: »

That's about it

please cite

Charles Kinbote on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    it's not a phalla without unbased accusations

isn't that right, !Spudge?

Shabooty on
    edited April 2011

That's about it

please cite

See: Nearly any post with bold red marks

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
    edited April 2011
    Also very true Shabooty

However I will remain true to my unbased accusation

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
    edited April 2011
    That is not proper APS reference formatting, what are you trying to pull here?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited April 2011

That's about it

please cite

See: Nearly any post with bold red marks

hm, no sense of humor

pretty typical way for a robot to act

Charles Kinbote on
    edited April 2011
    Wait we have robots?

What

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, I'm still kinda getting a handle on the source material

Charles Kinbote on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    is all of this basically going to go down like this

unintentional on
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, I'm still kinda getting a handle on the source material

Damn

I really wanted to be a robot

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    there's one or two robots

mostly just trolls though

the gist is that they're essentially an alien race of internet trolls, so they're all either super angry or creepy or one of "us gamers" or etc.

Speed Racer on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would assume there's 12 scum/trolls and maybe one or two wildcards. No idea how many good specials we'd have though.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    well we know we have the black king and queen

Doc Scratch and WV? seem like candidates for special roles

though WV? would probably be detrimental

Speed Racer on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can only imagine that after this is all over, all you'll hear is a sad lonely rendition of Why Can't We Be Friends.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited April 2011
    Doc Scratch would probably have his own win condition (although I haven't kept up with MSPA for a while).

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    yeah he most certainly would if he's in the game

but at least early on he would most likely be helpful to us since in the comic he goes about achieving his "win condition" primarily by fucking with the trolls and kids and manipulating them into killing or maiming one another

Speed Racer on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's WV? Also does the chess thing extend to all roles in the game? Like are there bishops and knights?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    doc scratch wants to die, right?

maybe his win condition is being eliminated

BugBoy on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There are bishop and knight equivalents, but they're not a big part of the story like the king and queen. Just background characters.

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited April 2011
    What's WV? Also does the chess thing extend to all roles in the game? Like are there bishops and knights?

The Warweary Villein. He's a black pawn that's sick of the war between the two kingdoms and raises an army of rebel pawns from both sides.

The chess piece analogy does extend to everyone, but it's weird. Inside of Skaia there is a planet that looks like a giant chessboard, and most of the war takes place there. There are soldiers that look like every kind of chess piece (other than the queen), which are commanded by their respective kings. Outside of Skaia, you have Agents, which seem to outrank all of the chess pieces other than the royalty. Agents are police, dignitaries, mail carriers, and secretaries for the monarchy. They're ruled over by the Black Queen, who, like the queen generally does in chess, sits back and waits for an opportune moment to enter the real battle and start fucking things up with her high amounts of power.

Actually, you know what? Just watch this, it answers both of your questions succinctly:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003701

the guy in the purple cloak is the Warweary Villein, and the guy that flies in and kills the black king is Jack Noir.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2011
    Speed I hope you don't die/aren't scum, because you're too helpful.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    you hope I'm scum? D:

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2011
    I edited that in like two seconds.

Wait there isn't a rule against editing right? I remember that being in some other online phallas I've played.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    the rule is generally that you're not allowed to edit posts that you made in-game actions in, like votes or retractions

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.