As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Leggo my Aegyo

1575859606163»

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    miss a choreo owns but that's um

not really for technical reasons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeeJvcBdLA

ed: well ok the preview image sums that up oh my good I just spelt that sumbs and then i spelt god as good ahh maybe it's time to give up on writing up this maths assignment at 1am

L|ama on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I thought of Miss A while I wrote that, but it looks terrible when other people do it.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tumblrlfndkjavmo1qba4nj.jpg

This is from Tiffany's myspace before she left for Korea when she was 16. God what a sweetheart.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    true, true. Maybe watching the new f(x) mv in full for the first time will help me make maths.

And if you want a laugh, check out the music charts on youtube. They're region specific, but here in NZ the f(x) mv is 2nd, bigbang's japanese version of the tonight mv is 7th, and A Pink's mv is 11th.

L|ama on
    edited April 2011
    Wow k-pop's pretty popular in NZ. I only have Big Bang at 2.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    idk when i talked to a guy in the US about it the other day it was similar for him

I still can't really understand how amber is so popular

I mean it's not like a uee situation where it's "what is wrong with you all", i just don't get it

seems weird

L|ama on
    edited April 2011
    I love Amber, even though I don't know anything else about F(x). Well I know Victoria is flexible and mom-like, Luna is an okay singer and cries a lot and Sulli and Krystal are some often irrelevant/hated.

It's pretty obvious why people like her though. She rocks the tomboy look so hard, which makes her especially noticeable in the k-pop world. Also a lot of people think (hope?) she's a lesbian.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    yeah but

tomboy, korea

idk maybe shes only popular outside korea

BEG comeback 'in june at the earliest', scrapped 15 tracks that they didn't like

bweh. i understand it, but still just give us somethin goddammit

L|ama on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apocalypse%2BNow%2BBrando%2Bthe%2Bhorror.jpg

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited April 2011
    Fifteen is a lot of songs...

And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if her popularity was mostly international. That happens often when they have certain aspects that different cultures appreciate. Like I've heard Key is the least popular member of SHINee in Korea, but the international netizens love him.

And Hyoyeon (kind of) but I think that's more pity to be honest.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • arjeidiarjeidi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So how long is an average promotion cycle in kpops? I'm starting to doubt Miryo's solo stuff happening in 2011.

p.s. can't wait for thread 2

arjeidi on
    edited April 2011
    Thread 2 probably won't get made until people start coming back.

Also this is fucking insane holy

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I thought in Korea the tomboy members were popular with female fans because of their 'strong independent image' or something.
    Me being full of shit is entirely possible.
    I know teamliquid hates the tomboy from pretty much every group.

stimtokolos on
    edited April 2011
    Teamliquid hates Sooyoung and thus all their k-pop opinions are invalid.

Also most other groups don't even have that much of a tomboy. At least not in their 'image'.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thread 2 probably won't get made until people start coming back.

Also this is fucking insane holy

Fucking wow.

I cannot believe they all just dance around her. Just, wow.

TL was raging at one of the rainbow girls for having 'man shoulders'. I don't even know. They're all angry about everything I guess.

stimtokolos on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man thats freaky. some dude sitting next to me in the computer lab had a seizure once and his head fell in my lap and at first I thought he was trying to get fresh with me

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited April 2011
    Haha.

But what really freaked me out is when they change camera angles and you see her arms come up like shes trying to reach for help.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    seizures are pretty awful things to witness in person, especially since they go on quite a bit longer than you expect

it's like oh okay you're there obviously in distress and there is absolutely nothing i can do to alleviate it. cool. ill just sit here and wait then, and then you will wake up but still not be entirely conscious, or possibly conscious but unable to communicate.

things that are better than seizures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypit0NcNV-8&feature=channel_video_title
    Teamliquid hates Sooyoung and thus all their k-pop opinions are invalid.

YfWAW.png (i have this saved as mameshiba.png)

L|ama on
    edited April 2011
    ssspeaking of which

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ieBWnaWQo

might possibly have them looking as good as genie era (which was of course objectively their peak and you're wrong if you disagree)

L|ama on
  • arjeidiarjeidi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh that looks so good. Wait, is the MV out?

arjeidi on
    edited April 2011
    Yes Genie was their peak

E: I think Taeyeon and Yoona might actually look better here.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    conversely, Yuri looks much worse with that hair color. also, this song's chorus makes me wanna go watch BoPeep

gurusloth on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I could conjure something up for a second thread if allowed, but it'd incorporate k-hiphop and k-rock as well, so consider yourselves warned.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    No thanks, we don't need another one of these.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.