As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mega-Man: Always Fighting To Save The World!

1565758596062»

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What I'm gathering is that Barrett and....the new girl, I forget the name, stopped caring when people didn't vote on the design I liked, ehem, anyway, are a second digging team. I wonder if we can expect to be jumping back and forth between the two groups, or if they will just intermix.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Crapcom presents:MML3!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Case Zero had a unique area with unique missions and a unique story, and all the features of the full game, just in a smaller space and with fewer items, and a level cap

It was less a demo and more a game, while also having the desired effect of whetting people's appetites for more Dead Rising, or if not, then at least they got five bucks out of them while providing them with enough zombie killing to satisfy

This meanwhile, sounds like it's just straight up "here's some missions from the full game or what we hope will be the full game and then there's some debug mode shit you can do so please pay to see it or else we won't get to make it because Capcom isn't giving us any money"

And that is horseshit, because Capcom should be giving these people all the money in the world

ALL.THE.MONEY!

Capcom, I don't hate you, please don't do stuff like this that will make me hate you.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Also, it's kind of weird that the first actual gameplay footage we've seen doesn't even include Mega Man Volnutt, but some random new guy that we've never even heard of until now.

Not entirely; this seems to have some early story stuff going for it, like Roll trying to fix the rocket to rescue MegaMan, who's on the moon, and has nothing to do but play "I Spy" with Yuna and Sera until they're rescued.

At one point, I think you can even see Barrett staring at the rocket they're building on another island.
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    According to Gaf, they will be releasing a prologue to MML3 on 3DSWare that will cost 2.50. The funds will go toward funding the final product.

...so why is Capcom, a company with huge amounts of money at their disposal, making these guys essentially go out onto the street and panhandle?

I thought they did the same thing with Dead Rising as well. If people let Capcom nickle and dime them, they'll keep on pulling bullshit like this.

That is, in fact, their plan for many of their franchises.
    SightTDW wrote: »
    What I'm gathering is that Barrett and....the new girl, I forget the name...

Aero.
    ...stopped caring when people didn't vote on the design I liked, ehem, anyway, are a second digging team. I wonder if we can expect to be jumping back and forth between the two groups, or if they will just intermix.

Seem to be, a group of "Sky Bikers," if I recall correctly.

Anyway, for more about the game:

Legends 3 New Character Reveal: Bullet (or Barrett maybe) - The reveal of Barrett, with some video footage.

Capcom Announces Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version - The U.S. announcement trailer, as well as the Japanese version, which provides some different footage.

Devroom Blog: The Big Announcement & All About Barrett - So, what's with this Barrett guy here, anyway? Click to find out.

Japanese Rockman DASH 3 Website Gets Overhaul - Art, wallpaper for your desktop, Twitter, and such; more videos, and a remix of the Flutter theme.

Oh, and elsewhere, a wild Bass appears! MMN uses "Google Translate!" It's not very effective...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So how well have the first two Legends games aged? I wanted to give them as shot for a long time.

EVOL on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    EVOL wrote: »
    So how well have the first two Legends games aged? I wanted to give them as shot for a long time.

The first one has aged way too much, but that gives it an inexplicable charm. The second one refined a lot of the mechanics and made stuff easier to handle.

Tron Bonne is also really really good.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I've said this in this topic before, but damn do I need to replay those games again. It's been ages, and I never beat Legends 2 (final boss kicked my ass and I sort of gave up). Plus I made the mistake of playing a lot of the end when I was really tired and fell asleep through a lot of the story :D haha... All I really picked up was something about Elysium (so yes, I did get the MMX5 ending reference).

Actually I should play Misadventures of Tron Bonne again too - I recall that game being fun as hell.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Be warned though that the plot goes off the deep end in MML2.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Be warned though that the plot goes off the deep end in MML2.

Yeah, what little I remember was fairly crazy and convoluted :) (kind of like the way all of the MM series are in the same timeline, but in the craziest damn ways possible)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    See I was down for the paid demo until I saw an article where Capcom was explaining that they will only continue work if the demo is well received. I loved the first Legends, and was looking forward to this, but it just sounds like they don't really care about the product at all. If Capcom doesn't fully believe in their product, why the fuck should I?
    God damn it, I'm probably still going to buy it.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    See I was down for the paid demo until I saw an article where Capcom was explaining that they will only continue work if the demo is well received. I loved the first Legends, and was looking forward to this, but it just sounds like they don't really care about the product at all. If Capcom doesn't fully believe in their product, why the fuck should I?
    God damn it, I'm probably still going to buy it.

That's the exact reason why you should buy it. Fuck capcom if they want to screw over the dev team, but this is a tangible instance of where you can vote with your dollars. If we support the dev team, capcom will release it.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Plus the dev team seems to really care and love what they're making, which means it'll end up being something special and worth noticing.

We need to tell Capcom to stop being stupid.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm put in a difficult position by this.

I had no intention to buy a 3DS until it was announced that Mega Man Legends 3 would be released for it. Even then, I was going to wait until the game was released to get the 3DS.

So, for me, this demo isn't just a few bucks; it's that plus the price of a 3DS. I'm afraid that the game won't be released if I don't contribute and buy the demo, but if the game is canceled then I'll have zero reason to own a 3DS.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't know if anyone's tried this, but how well do the MML games work on the PS3? And does it upscale them to 480p at all, or are they still in their full interlaced 'glory'?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Looks like we're due for a new thread, so I made one here, whenever you all are ready to move to it.

Regarding the whole Legends 3 demo situation, here's what I said on another forum as someone lamented not yet having a 3DS, yet the fate of the game hinges on him having one for the game they may not even make:
    This is the problem, and it really bugs me. I've heard a (relative, by my own experience) lot of people say they aren't interested in getting a 3DS, but Legends 3 seals the deal, and they'll get it when that comes out.

That Capcom is setting this up so early in the 3DS's lifespan, and I'm hearing sales aren't all they could be... I wonder if they actually aren't trying to set this up to fail. I mean, how long do people have to show support for this demo? A week? Until after E3/Ocarina comes out? The holiday season, which may be a lot of people's best chance for getting a 3DS?

They're basically counting on a lot of people who don't even own the system yet, and don't plan to until something better-- Legends 3 included-- comes along.

It reminds me of the whole Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X fiasco on the PSP. That one was struggling, too, and they release the games exclusively for a system no one was buying (not even a PS2 port like everyone else was doing with their PSP games? Come on...), and act surprised when they don't sell like gangbusters, and ax both series.

It's hardly anything new for Legends, either. It's like they try to pick the most insurmountable odds possible, and then shrug and figure no one wants it when it doesn't win.

I've heard Legends 1 didn't bring in a lot of money for Capcom, not after they released it during the same period as Metal Gear Solid and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Gee, what could have possibly gone wrong there?

That it came out the year after two other more traditional Mega Man titles, 8 and X4, may not have helped either, at least where brand saturation may be concerned. No idea.

So maybe Legends 2 will do better then, right? Sure, we'll just slot it in two days before the launch of the PlayStation 2. No pressure, right? Surely someone will be disenfranchised at the launch lineup, and buy a PS1 sequel to a game they were too busy snapping necks to notice, right?

Or maybe the people who can't find one of the systems, given they were in short supply at the time, will settle, right? Right...

So, the launch of the eShop, eh? We don't have a date yet, do we? Just "late May?" Hmm, what could go wrong there?

Well, Dead or Alive Dimensions is also slated for "late May," last I heard. Maybe they'll hit around the same time, and people will be too preoccupied with that or Super Mario Land to bother with Legends 3...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Looks like we're due for a new thread, so I made one here, whenever you all are ready to move to it.

Regarding the whole Legends 3 demo situation, here's what I said on another forum as someone lamented not yet having a 3DS, yet the fate of the game hinges on him having one for the game they may not even make:
    This is the problem, and it really bugs me. I've heard a (relative, by my own experience) lot of people say they aren't interested in getting a 3DS, but Legends 3 seals the deal, and they'll get it when that comes out.

That Capcom is setting this up so early in the 3DS's lifespan, and I'm hearing sales aren't all they could be... I wonder if they actually aren't trying to set this up to fail. I mean, how long do people have to show support for this demo? A week? Until after E3/Ocarina comes out? The holiday season, which may be a lot of people's best chance for getting a 3DS?

They're basically counting on a lot of people who don't even own the system yet, and don't plan to until something better-- Legends 3 included-- comes along.

It reminds me of the whole Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X fiasco on the PSP. That one was struggling, too, and they release the games exclusively for a system no one was buying (not even a PS2 port like everyone else was doing with their PSP games? Come on...), and act surprised when they don't sell like gangbusters, and ax both series.

It's hardly anything new for Legends, either. It's like they try to pick the most insurmountable odds possible, and then shrug and figure no one wants it when it doesn't win.

I've heard Legends 1 didn't bring in a lot of money for Capcom, not after they released it during the same period as Metal Gear Solid and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Gee, what could have possibly gone wrong there?

That it came out the year after two other more traditional Mega Man titles, 8 and X4, may not have helped either, at least where brand saturation may be concerned. No idea.

So maybe Legends 2 will do better then, right? Sure, we'll just slot it in two days before the launch of the PlayStation 2. No pressure, right? Surely someone will be disenfranchised at the launch lineup, and buy a PS1 sequel to a game they were too busy snapping necks to notice, right?

Or maybe the people who can't find one of the systems, given they were in short supply at the time, will settle, right? Right...

So, the launch of the eShop, eh? We don't have a date yet, do we? Just "late May?" Hmm, what could go wrong there?

Well, Dead or Alive Dimensions is also slated for "late May," last I heard. Maybe they'll hit around the same time, and people will be too preoccupied with that or Super Mario Land to bother with Legends 3...

LBD_Nytetrayn on