As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

school is for pretentious assholes

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Manzanita and Santa Catalina res hall have that 4 person to a bathroom set-up.

Muse Among Men on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Communal anything is pretty much dicks and should be opted out of if possible.

Oghulk on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i will never regret not living on campus ever

Vann Diras on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I will do the housing application later tonight if my parents get back (in case I need their info or anything), or Monday at the latest.

Muse Among Men on
  • KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    communal showers were one of the worst things about freshman living.

30+ girls. 5 showers. Clogged with SO MUCH HAIR. The water would back up and go to your ankles. Also, only one shower faucet was powerful and had hot water so uh, we all camped out to get it.

Sucked sucked sucked

Kabitzy on
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nothing creates bonding between floor mates like hall bathrooms. Seeing each other half naked whenever you want to shower tends to do that. That and toilet stalls right next to each other with short partitions.

Ahh, memories...

Borommakot on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    i will never regret not living on campus ever

i'm definitely glad i lived on campus my freshman year. i never would've made as many friends otherwise. this might've been different if i hadn't been in the 4 person per bathroom setup, as community shower situations weird me out.

on the other hand, i am equally glad i immediately moved off campus my sophomore year.

satansfingers on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kabitzy wrote: »
    communal showers were one of the worst things about freshman living.

30+ girls. 5 showers. Clogged with SO MUCH HAIR. The water would back up and go to your ankles. Also, only one shower faucet was powerful and had hot water so uh, we all camped out to get it.

Sucked sucked sucked

My freshmen bathroom had this one hick-up that I might describe as having been designed by the devil. Whenever you were taking a shower and anyone flushed the toilet (literally of the five) you would immediately being burnt with a rush of searing, hot water.

You had to get sensitive years because people would come in and just flush every toilet if someone was in the shower, just to be a dick. The moment you heard that first flush you would have to reflexively jump the side of the wall to avoid the lava water.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Haha, the same thing for us, too. But since the hottest water was only lukewarm we all, or at least *I* did, prayed that someone would come in and flush the toilet many times.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    Know what sucks? Having one shower room for all of the athletic locker rooms at my school sans Football cause there are far too many people on that team to make that work.

Baseball, Tennis, Basketball, Track, Soccer all connected by one large yet small in quantity of amenities area.

And you've got 10 minutes to clean up. Shit sucked.

Oghulk on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    friend of mine once walked into a communal bathroom to see "POOP" written on the wall in poop

he described the experience as "meta as hell and profoundly surreal"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i think i got really lucky with my communal showers

i rarely see anyone else in there, and i have no idea why, and it really isn't that bad

i have heard horror stories from other floors though so thats just another reason i assume i'm really lucky

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what is the odor on your floor like

satansfingers on
    edited April 2011
    People in my school regularly take their poops on the floor 3 inches from the toilet.

I don't understand why someone would want to go through the trouble of actually doing that, and actually try to poop out in pellets. Makes no sense.

Oghulk on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I had a friend who worked in maintence & conferences last summer. He told me that he had to constantly yell at the football/basketball coaches to tell their students to stop being apes.

Apparently every other day he had to be called out because someone had been throwing poop everywhere, just everywhere.

Zonugal on
    edited April 2011
    nastiest thing I found in our hall bathroom was
    a thoroughly used tampon laying on the floor

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    I saw a
    used condom thoroughly filled with poop and tied at the end one time. That was fairly disgusting and pretty hilarious all at the same time.

Oh High School Athletics....

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011
    I don't think anyone ever wrote in feces in our bathroom. I think the closest we had was the poop touch and that didn't actually involve poop directly.

Borommakot on
    edited April 2011
    what is the odor on your floor like

i was thinking that same thing

it is weird cause i mean i HAVE met other people in there before but thinking about it there are a few people i have literally never seen in the bathroom

i think there might be another bathroom around the corner somewhere

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2011
    why? why would anyone put in the effort to do that? it couldn't have been a clean process.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    I know of one resident hall on my campus that three years ago had a the students building some crow's nests in the urinals. Same resident hall had people throwing dead crows in the laundry machines.

Same year there was one resident hall where two residents urinated into a bucket for a couple months (and they filled it up) to only pour it down the entire hallway (resulting in the entire carpet system having to be removed every other year because the stench would come back).

Zonugal on
    edited April 2011
    It's hidden in the chamber of secrets.

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I know of one resident hall on my campus that three years ago had a the students building some crow's nests in the urinals. Same resident hall had people throwing dead crows in the laundry machines.

Same year there was one resident hall where two residents urinated into a bucket for a couple months (and they filled it up) to only pour it down the entire hallway (resulting in the entire carpet system having to be removed every other year because the stench would come back).

okay that tops crazy hall stories for me. wtf. seriously.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011

people are so weird and disgusting

college has mostly made me realize how much people suck

a friend of mine has been wondering if other schools are as disgusting as our school and i wonder if i should tell her these stories so she feels better about ours or i shouldn't because

well

pooping everywhere is a dumb thing that i hope she never knows people do

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2011

Dead crows, that's a good one.

One time I accidentally exploded a toilet cause it was clogged up with so much toilet paper and such but it was all inside and wasn't in the toilet proper so I didn't see it.

Took the entire half of the toilet off along with side of the wall.

Oghulk on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the only thing that sucked about the communal bathroom I had was when someone would vandalize it and shut it down for a day or two.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2011
    These stories make me realize how lucky I was with my floor. 50 guys to our bathroom and it was shockingly clean and odor free.

Borommakot on
    edited April 2011
    Someone put a dead snake in the amenities area (a big snake too) and wrote on the wall; The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware.

Was pretty fucking hilarious until the snake started smelling completely awful.

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011

To be fair I have been a resident adviser for 33 months straight without break. Get MereHappenstance and I into a room, and we'll terrorize you with stories concerning resident halls.

Zonugal on
    edited April 2011
    now that's totally awesome.

which reminds me, I found "Join S.P.E.W" carved on the library desk I was sitting at last year. made me smile.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    There are always a few swastikas carved out of the bathroom stall walls monthly if not weekly around the school, along with other usual vandalism type grafitti along the walls.

One kid wrote in something "Try and erase this" once and the next I checked in on it and the janitor had erased it completely.

Also used condoms are around the school a lot.

Ya know, it's a wonder my school gets such high marks and so many excellent students...

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011

To be fair I have been a resident adviser for 33 months straight without break. Get MereHappenstance and I into a room, and we'll terrorize you with stories concerning resident halls.

I love hearing crazy residence hall/roommate stories. I read an entire thread about them on some other forum back when I lived with my awful freshman roommate. it helped me cope, some how.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    Oh and one time someone, or a group cause I dunno how someone would do it alone, stuffed the entire amenities room with those plastic balls from kiddie ball pits.

Was pretty damn impressive.

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011
    no one on my campus has that kind of creativity. although last halloween someone did go around campus and draw a hundred numbered jack-o-lanterns in random places and people made it a game to find them all.

Kabitzy on
    edited April 2011
    Oh jack-o-lanterns.

Someone actually fully replaced one of the toilets with a jack-o-lantern and made the water still spew out of it and such into different areas.

They got the water to spew over an entire stall wall onto someone taking a dump.

Also they opened up one of those little drains and shot a bottle rocket down it, causing it to explode right where the shower head was onto someone.

Oghulk on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So the faculty association issued a 72 hour strike notice a month and a half ago

They never walked out on the job but during exam week announced that they were going to refuse to submit final grades unless they negotiated what they wanted with the college

at this time all the profs were like "this is just a bargaining tactic. you'll marks will be fine. promise."

well. final marks are due the 26th from the profs and the college has just emailed all students implying that we're fucked as far as university transfers are concerned.

fuck me.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Yeeesh that's awful.

Oghulk on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I carry a sharpie with me and turn the swastikas in the bathrooms into windmills

Tam on
    edited April 2011
    Well see the problem with that is at my school, the swastikas are literally carved into the stall walls.

Not marked on or whatever, but carved into it, where the janitors have to get a sander to sand the walls down.

Oghulk on
    edited April 2011

I love hearing crazy residence hall/roommate stories. I read an entire thread about them on some other forum back when I lived with my awful freshman roommate. it helped me cope, some how.

I think the latest thing to happen was three girls wanted their roommate transferred. When asked why I guess that their roommate was having sex in their bathroom and leaving vaginal blood everywhere. The floor, the walls, like a horror film in there.

Zonugal on
This discussion has been closed.