As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

school is for pretentious assholes

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am looking at housing, the images they pick . . . do people really put that much creativty into their dorms, really?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Well see the problem with that is at my school, the swastikas are literally carved into the stall walls.

Not marked on or whatever, but carved into it, where the janitors have to get a sander to sand the walls down.

carry a chisel and carve them into windmills

Tam on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Kabitzy wrote: »
    Kabitzy wrote: »
    I know of one resident hall on my campus that three years ago had a the students building some crow's nests in the urinals. Same resident hall had people throwing dead crows in the laundry machines.

Same year there was one resident hall where two residents urinated into a bucket for a couple months (and they filled it up) to only pour it down the entire hallway (resulting in the entire carpet system having to be removed every other year because the stench would come back).

okay that tops crazy hall stories for me. wtf. seriously.

To be fair I have been a resident adviser for 33 months straight without break. Get MereHappenstance and I into a room, and we'll terrorize you with stories concerning resident halls.

I love hearing crazy residence hall/roommate stories. I read an entire thread about them on some other forum back when I lived with my awful freshman roommate. it helped me cope, some how.

I think the latest thing to happen was three girls wanted their roommate transferred. When asked why I guess that their roommate was having sex in their bathroom and leaving vaginal blood everywhere. The floor, the walls, like a horror film in there.

You could say the guy liked to have a

8-)

Bloodbath.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    Well see the problem with that is at my school, the swastikas are literally carved into the stall walls.

Not marked on or whatever, but carved into it, where the janitors have to get a sander to sand the walls down.

carry a chisel and carve them into windmills

Oh man. That made me laugh so hard. So damn hard.:lol:

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no adequate perception of distance:

is 3/4ths of a mile far to walk/bike?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i feel like bathroom stalls are the internet before the internet

a place where people feel comfortable writing things they wouldn't in real life

the things i've seen...

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    3/4ths of a mile ain't far to walk, maybe like a little less than 15 minutes?

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no adequate perception of distance:

is 3/4ths of a mile far to walk/bike?

that's like a comfortable 12-minute walk

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    i feel like bathroom stalls are the internet before the internet

a place where people feel comfortable writing things they wouldn't in real life

the things i've seen...

This is a fairly apt analogy.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I see swastikas in every regular square tiled/patterned surface
    you see them a lot as a Hindu
    and then there was the Nazis

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thankees, I am terrible at gauging distance

JUST LIKE A WOMAN

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i rewrite racist messages to be addressed to nonsensical groups of people

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    you just replace the slurs with those things from intelligence tests

fuck the zoodles

they are the same as the zonkers, because all zonkers are zips

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    So the faculty association issued a 72 hour strike notice a month and a half ago

They never walked out on the job but during exam week announced that they were going to refuse to submit final grades unless they negotiated what they wanted with the college

at this time all the profs were like "this is just a bargaining tactic. you'll marks will be fine. promise."

well. final marks are due the 26th from the profs and the college has just emailed all students implying that we're fucked as far as university transfers are concerned.

fuck me.

i wouldn't trust the college. they might be actively lying to you in order to get your support and enable them to get the upper hand in the negotiations. happened at york, will happen elsewhere.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I am reading the Res-Living contract. I like how they specify that strippers are prohibited.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hahahahahahahaha

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    reminds me of my high school rule book which prohibited parachute pants

it was disappointing

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can't wait to get back on campus tomorrow. Seriously.

And if I didn't know I was staying there this summer I would probably be having a panic attack at the thought of staying here.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wish I had a good way to get rid of stress. I have no idea what I"m doing with this assignment, and I still have to make a game after. I basically have 36 hours to write this essay and write a text adventure.

I've been working on it for a month, too. It's the most ill-defined project ever.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wish I could help you there.

None of my de-stressing methods are particularly helpful even to me. I actually went to the gym a few times though and biked for miles until my legs didn't work anymore.

That's probably the most productive method I've used. I wish there was a punching bag though...

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Music is excellent for relieving stress and giving motivation at the same time.

Example 1

Oghulk on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yeah I got nothin'
    stress is an incredibly rare thing for me, so when it comes along I tend to not know how to cope and end up hiding under a pile of coats until everything works out

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    just have a good ol' session of breaking down sobbing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Stress has never really hit me that hard. Music almost always deals with it. I think my body will signal that I'm stressed but my mind won't acknowledge it: for example I drop some beats with a pencil and my wrist during tests sometimes but I don't actually feel that stressed out about it, they just keep coming till someone yells at me to cut it out.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "Please State Your Preference:"

SINGLE ROOM SINGLE ROOM SINGLE ROOM

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My ears are getting blurry so I read that as SINGLE MOM instead.

Conjured up some intriguing images.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oghulk: no one likes single moms; not men, not Republicans, and especially not me.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ahahahaha fair enough.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

your ears are blurry?

sir, I posit that you are a drawing.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    everyone prefers a single room, though

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Riale wrote: »

your ears are blurry?

sir, I posit that you are a drawing.

Man I'm out of it more than I realized. I should probably go to bed soon.

But damn I'm in such a good mood right now.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    new plan: instead of trying to write an entire text adventure in 12 hours, take a little extra time on the essay and cleverly turn it into a critical AND a creative piece by integrating the important bits from the text adventure into the essay itself. might not work, but i will definitely be less insane as a result

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    So the faculty association issued a 72 hour strike notice a month and a half ago

They never walked out on the job but during exam week announced that they were going to refuse to submit final grades unless they negotiated what they wanted with the college

at this time all the profs were like "this is just a bargaining tactic. you'll marks will be fine. promise."

well. final marks are due the 26th from the profs and the college has just emailed all students implying that we're fucked as far as university transfers are concerned.

fuck me.

i wouldn't trust the college. they might be actively lying to you in order to get your support and enable them to get the upper hand in the negotiations. happened at york, will happen elsewhere.

Yeah...I'm less inclined to trust the college, i've just been a little annoyed at how eager the profs are to tell students that we're their number one priority when obviously we aren't. Their jobs are. Not blaming them, but I shouldn't have to read about the "withholding marks" thing in the Vancouver Sun. Should get it from the source.

And yeah, I had two friends at York who got pretty screwed over. I mean, they got to return with paid tuition the next year and everything but that really doesn't begin to cover flights, living expenses, every cost implied in a university education abroad. Felt pretty bad for them.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Please State Your Preference:"

SINGLE ROOM SINGLE ROOM SINGLE ROOM

If you have a claimable disability, your university might give you a single room on request. In first year of university, I submitted my ADHD diagnosis and explained that I wouldn't be able to study at ALL in a double room. Which is pretty damn true - I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to have my own dorm (and a huge room, too). You could still state your preference when applying for residence, so there's a chance I could have gotten a single but this guaranteed me one.

And on that note....what universities do you guys go to where people poop on the floor? Some dirty as heck colleges here.

Which reminds me, I have a funny co-ed bathroom shower story, I'll tell it in the morning

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I can't claim any disability. And I already submitted the info . . .

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    karl

just make your essay a text adventure

done

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    karl

just make your essay a text adventure

done

basically what i'm doing

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow these stories make me glad it was 5 to a shower/toilet in my first year.

101 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    everyone prefers a single room, though

You would think so but some people need to live with someone or they get lonely.

Those people are confusing to me but I have been assured that they exist.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    are you sure you aren't being tricked

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.