As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Broken left trigger on DS Lite

SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zubRegistered User regular
Hello,
My DS Lite's left trigger button doesn't do anything when pressed. There is nothing outwardly visible wrong with it, it just does not activate upon pressing whatever it's supposed to do for the game that's in there. For a while it did work, but only if pressed in really hard, then it stopped altogether. Is there an easy fix for something like that?
Thanks!

steam_sig.png
Smrtnik on

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Does it stilll click in and spring back like the other trigger? If not, the spring inside has come off a tiny little hook inside and the button mechanism is misaligned inside. If you can open it, it's fixable, but it's fiddly, because even once you've got everything back in place, it's easy to knock it off again when you close the system back up.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it behaves physically just like the other trigger. No big deal though, decided to trade it in for a 3DS, the clerk never noticed. Setting up the 3DS now at home. :D

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Yeah, it behaves physically just like the other trigger. No big deal though, decided to trade it in for a 3DS, the clerk never noticed. Setting up the 3DS now at home. :D

I hope your 3DS explodes, and Nintendo refuses to service it.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Deusfaux wrote: »

Thanks, love you too.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Deusfaux wrote: »

Thanks, love you too.

You're surprised that people don't high-five you when you brag about being a bad person?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's Gamestop. They gave me $50 for it. They're still going to turn a profit on it, and everything else they touch. I'm not worried.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just developed this problem with my right trigger. It works sometimes if you press it really hard. Or maybe its just that it works sometimes period but I end up pressing it really hard.

However, I am not in the market to upgrade to 3DS. It behaves like a normal trigger also. I guess I'll take it apart if I can find a screwdriver small enough.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The triggers in the DS get dirty and the connections can get all fuzzy and unresponsive. When this happened to both my DS's, I simply spent some time cleaning it up as best I could, including using canned air under the button which I pried every so sightly.

And Smrtnik... shame.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The triggers in the DS get dirty and the connections can get all fuzzy and unresponsive. When this happened to both my DS's, I simply spent some time cleaning it up as best I could, including using canned air under the button which I pried every so sightly.

And Smrtnik... shame.

#00 philips I believe should suffice for disassembly; been a while since I took one apart. The buttons themselves are pretty cheap (and probably why they fail so much on this and the DSi). Not sure how the mounts are for the DS Lite, but the DSi had them soldered to plastic ribbon circuits, which is annoying as hell to replace parts on due to the tendency of said plastic ribbons to melt under heat.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's Gamestop. They gave me $50 for it. They're still going to turn a profit on it, and everything else they touch. I'm not worried.

And, I mean, to hell with the poor sucker who's dumb enough to buy your broken second-hand shit from them, amirite?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We have a lemon law in this state. They'll have to fix it.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We have a lemon law in this state. They'll have to fix it.

except maybe it gets handed to an eight year old who doesn't know how the thing is supposed to be working.

regardless, you've cost some innocent bystander the gas-money of the return trip to gamestop, and the hassle of having to deal with the return

rationalize your greed any way you like, but at the end of the day you are a bad person, and you've potentially just hurt a child.

Evander on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    This thread gets locked because Smrtnik is a bad person.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.