As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] UI thread with totally outdated OP

1414243444547»

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what are you using for your map?

I've been looking for a minimap mod for a while that was customizable enough that I wanted to use it, but no luck so far

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That's Carbonite's minimap, which is basically the map files with a border.

Do not go installing Carbonite just for its map. Unless you want its social pane, quest tracking, general database stuff, etc etc fucking etc on top of that.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    no I really just want an extensively customizable minimap

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Alien QueenAlien Queen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alien Queen on
    3DS: 4742 5205 9601 - Boss Lady - Pokemon Y - In game name: Kira
    edited April 2011
    Tweaked mine a little here and there, happy with the end result:
    WoWScrnShot_042411_144835.jpeg

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Here's mine.
    2wd3skz.jpg

Rizzi on
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Those are some neat and clean UI, guys :) Could you provide a list of the addons you use, Arivia & Rizzi?

I haven't got around to redesigning my UI yet, I'm embarrassed to admit it's a confusing process for me.

Would you happen to know the UI/addons featured in this screenshot?
    qxoyz.jpg

Prisca on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm using Bartender for the action bars, Button Facade: Renaitre for the action bar skin, Elkano's Buff Bars for my buffs on the side or the screen, Prat for the chat log, Shadowed Unit Frames are the unit frame replacements, Squeenix is my map and last is Yurr Combat Log.

Rizzi on
    edited April 2011
    Is there a mod that will take minimap icons and re-arrange them into some kind of dropdown menu, or possible into a row of icons with individual dropdown menus? I imagine something like this must exist, but I'm not having any luck searching for it on addon websites.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Like for the minimap buttons for add-ons?

Minimap Button Frame
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/minimap-button-frame.aspx

Poketpixie on
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    There used to be a mod I used that made things like in-game mail, books, etc actually legible, as opposed to that curly font garbage Blizzard continues to use. Does anyone know where to track down something for this?

Fontain probably, maybe LibSharedMedia by itself.

huntresssig.jpg
    libsharedmedia just provides fonts and textures, doesn't change any appearances on its own

NREqxl5.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Fonter is another addon that does this and can use any fonts in LibSharedMedia

You could also create a "Fonts" folder in your main WoW folder and just place a font of your choosing (has to be TTF) in there. Then you rename it to the default wow font name of your choice and WoW will use it instead of the default font.

FRIZQT__.ttf (main font for basically everything)
    ARIALN.ttf (chat)
    skurri.ttf (combat text)
    MORPHEUS.ttf (mail text) <--- this is the one you want to change
    FRIENDS.ttf (friends list)

Grobian on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So.

Auctioneer is giving me some stupid errors that aren't related to it at all. Something related to protected frames. At least I'm 99% sure it is Auctioneer as I can't reproduce it after removing it.

Anyway, does anyone know of another Auctioneer like addon that functions in a similar way?

The most important things I need are price tracking and the ability to search by price and have a way to quickly buyout masses of items like I can in auctioneer. Also the ability to set a price for mass auctions and queue up auction posts. So...effectively Auctioneer that isn't Auctioneer. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It's been a while since i played WoW and played around with the AH but i think there's Auction-Lite and Auctionator. I don't think they have as many features as Auctioneer but i remember using them as alternative to it. EDIT: http://auctionator-addon.com/

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    REVIVE

For any of you who still have this thread bookmarked, how easy would it be to write an addon that just disables the god fucking damn piece of shit mature language filter, to use until Blizzard fixes the bug they introduced in one of the ten patches since 4.3?

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    REVIVE

For any of you who still have this thread bookmarked, how easy would it be to write an addon that just disables the god fucking damn piece of shit mature language filter, to use until Blizzard fixes the bug they introduced in one of the ten patches since 4.3?
    Like, this easy:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20538-DisableProfanityFilter.html

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    So one or more of my mods seems to cause the game to crash about 60% of the time I log in, which is a little irritating. It is probably time for a clear out and restart but the thought of doing it and then setting profiles for all major addons for each of my alts is not something I'm eager to do.

Soooo the point of this post - has anyone good experience of using compilations? I'm after recommendations basically. Some of my alts are for raiding, some are for farming, some are for levelling and I am (naively perhaps) hoping for some sort of one size fits all pack.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Muppetman wrote:
    So one or more of my mods seems to cause the game to crash about 60% of the time I log in, which is a little irritating. It is probably time for a clear out and restart but the thought of doing it and then setting profiles for all major addons for each of my alts is not something I'm eager to do.

Soooo the point of this post - has anyone good experience of using compilations? I'm after recommendations basically. Some of my alts are for raiding, some are for farming, some are for levelling and I am (naively perhaps) hoping for some sort of one size fits all pack.

You don't have to delete all your settings. If you remove everything in the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder, and then start over, you'll still have the config files for all your addons, just not the addons themselves.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    you can also just back up your interface/wtf folders and start fresh, then when you figure out the offending addon, go back to the originals (obviously delete whatever the problem addon was.)

orrrr you could just turn off addons and re-enable them one at a time until you find the problem

NREqxl5.jpg
  • MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    I could...I just wanted to be lazy :) I have so many accumulated addons now but the thought of starting over - bleh!

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    So, I vaguely recall there being an Auctioneer option that allowed you to select how long data was stored. So, for instance, any data more than one month old would be removed.

Is there any such option or am I simply imagining it? Is there any way to get rid of old data outside of deleting all of your data?

gameintownk.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    C-c-c-crosspost!
    Dibby wrote:
    Okay, this has been driving me crazy. I'm looking for an addon that will display my Rage bar (or hell, any resource bar for that matter) seperate from my unit frame. Something that I can resize and put anywhere on the screen. I don't want a unitframe addon, just the resource bar. I know something like this exists but for the life of me I can't find anything worthwhile. I found this one but apparently it spams the chat window and is not very good.
    Would've posted here first but I couldn't find the thread. Whoops.

Anyways yeah. Help would be appreciated.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    You can use IceHud and just disable everything except the mana bar. It's what I do for my rogues/ferals.

• JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    Do any of you use Ion (what used to be Macaroon apparently)? I'm having some issues, probably since it's still technically a beta.

Some spells use the correct icon and the correct spell when pushed but the tooltip is something entirely different. Other things have a ? instead of the icon, which I can change to the proper one, but then the spell does nothing when I press it, even though it works fine from the Spellbook. Also how do I get the Blizzard menu bar back? I can't seem to find the option.