As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chaat [chat] (and [chat]ney!)

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sometimes the forums make me wonder

I mean, how do you look yourself in the mirror after having a serious discussion over whether Zero is a robot samurai or a robot ninja?

Tell me about it.

What if he is a cyborg sellsword?

Caveman Paws on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Gah, I hate those goddamn ulcers I get inside my mouth at random.

Echo on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay, so The League thing that people were talking about is actually kind of entertaining.

Its pretty funny.

It makes me laugh. I mean they are all kind of jerks but they are the kind of jerks I grew up with as friends.

Thomamelas on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »

Ah feral come on dude, you're supposed to warn people about that first.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Armadillos are like anteaters with armor.

If an anteater can be all "come at me bro" then imagine how badass an armadillo can be!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I kind of tore up my shoulder weightlifting. Which is sad considering how weak I still am. It doesn't hurt, but it pops a lot. So, I'm going to discontinue my routine until it stops doing that and have it looked at.

I'm sure that I'll be even weaker again by the time it's better.

The good news is I'm running faster now. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do without upper body work.

Niceguy Myeye on
    edited April 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Armadillos are like anteaters with armor.

If an anteater can be all "come at me bro" then imagine how badass an armadillo can be!

comeatme.jpg

Echo on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Normal people call those canker sores. Mouth ulcers makes it sound like you slept with one too many floozies.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited April 2011
    I kind of tore up my shoulder weightlifting. Which is sad considering how weak I still am. It doesn't hurt, but it pops a lot. So, I'm going to discontinue my routine until it stops doing that and have it looked at.

The good news is I'm running faster now. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do without upper body work.

You don't need to be told this, but don't do f*ck all with your shoulder/upper body till you get it checked out.

So many horrible life long injuries occur from doing tiny, seemingly harmless actions.

Caveman Paws on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Run away from instead of coming at bros

duh

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »

Normal people call those canker sores. Mouth ulcers makes it sound like you slept with one too many floozies.

My dickshunary tells me canker sore (ok, it took me three tries to not write "cancer") is American English.

Well, locally I suppose that's normal.

Echo on
    edited April 2011

My dickshunary tells me canker sore (ok, it took me three tries to not write "cancer") is American English.

After 9/11 were all Americans brah.

Except the President. Pretty sure that birth certificate is fake.

Caveman Paws on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Here's a really long, fascinating article by some black film critics wrestling with the problem of Tyler Perry.
    Ah yes, the revered Black Correctness, or as they Ebonically put it, "Keepin' it Real." Perry suffers that affliction, as does his nemesis, Spike Lee. Let's really piss Shelton off, shall we? I can draw a straight line from Perry's stage plays/movies to Spike Lee's School Daze. As I wrote during BHM 2011, School Daze is a glorious hot mess. It is full of Perry's audaciousness, but tethered by Lee's directorial skill and Ernest Dickerson's glorious cin-tog. In Daze, Lee is speaking directly and solely to Black folks--probably for the last time in Lee's career--and like Perry, his audience is a specific set of Folks. I didn't go to a historically Black college, but I knew enough of them to follow even if I couldn't appreciate it fully.

Perry and Lee also share the desire to mock and reconstruct bougie Negroes. You can be a success, but it will cost you your nappy soul if you don't have God in a Perry film, or a dark-skinned mate in some of Lee's work. Lee's corrective--that thing designed to set you on the right path--is, of course, Spike Lee the director. Perry's corrective is usually his alter ego, the gun-totin', kid-slappin' Madea.

I really think Madea scares "the enlightened Negro" because she reminds them of that which they have "escaped." She's that reminder that, no matter how far you get in the majority's world, you still have dark colored clothing in your closet. Like a chitlin' circuit comedian, Madea is pure Black id. She is not polite, rarely goes to church, smokes, and reminds every single Black person of somebody they know. Madea tries my last nerve, just like the family members she reminds me of, and that's why I'm not a big fan. And after seeing Madea's Big Happy Family on bootleg today, I think I finally get why Madea is so important to Perry, and why she might be harder to give up than Whitney's crack:

Tyler Perry is the victimized character in his films, and Madea is his personal superhero.

She is what the therapist I go to for my own childhood traumas refers to as "a protector identity." In portraying this protector, Perry is saving himself. Surely, God will deliver Perry's characters, but He occasionally has avenging angels.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Stupid GoG. Stop trying to lure my money away from me.

Cinders on
    edited April 2011
    The 2D platformer coding I'm doing gives me lots of ideas I want to try.

An underwater Metroidvania with mining! And exploration! And crafting!

I'll call it Brineshaft.

Echo on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    17 bucks for 9 games doesn't seem so bad...

Cinders on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cinders

need your advisement on a matter of a royal mission against the heathens in Spain

Captain Carrot on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Here's a really long, fascinating article by some black film critics wrestling with the problem of Tyler Perry.
    Ah yes, the revered Black Correctness, or as they Ebonically put it, "Keepin' it Real." Perry suffers that affliction, as does his nemesis, Spike Lee. Let's really piss Shelton off, shall we? I can draw a straight line from Perry's stage plays/movies to Spike Lee's School Daze. As I wrote during BHM 2011, School Daze is a glorious hot mess. It is full of Perry's audaciousness, but tethered by Lee's directorial skill and Ernest Dickerson's glorious cin-tog. In Daze, Lee is speaking directly and solely to Black folks--probably for the last time in Lee's career--and like Perry, his audience is a specific set of Folks. I didn't go to a historically Black college, but I knew enough of them to follow even if I couldn't appreciate it fully.

Perry and Lee also share the desire to mock and reconstruct bougie Negroes. You can be a success, but it will cost you your nappy soul if you don't have God in a Perry film, or a dark-skinned mate in some of Lee's work. Lee's corrective--that thing designed to set you on the right path--is, of course, Spike Lee the director. Perry's corrective is usually his alter ego, the gun-totin', kid-slappin' Madea.

I really think Madea scares "the enlightened Negro" because she reminds them of that which they have "escaped." She's that reminder that, no matter how far you get in the majority's world, you still have dark colored clothing in your closet. Like a chitlin' circuit comedian, Madea is pure Black id. She is not polite, rarely goes to church, smokes, and reminds every single Black person of somebody they know. Madea tries my last nerve, just like the family members she reminds me of, and that's why I'm not a big fan. And after seeing Madea's Big Happy Family on bootleg today, I think I finally get why Madea is so important to Perry, and why she might be harder to give up than Whitney's crack:

Tyler Perry is the victimized character in his films, and Madea is his personal superhero.

She is what the therapist I go to for my own childhood traumas refers to as "a protector identity." In portraying this protector, Perry is saving himself. Surely, God will deliver Perry's characters, but He occasionally has avenging angels.

fascinating

Pony on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Everything going on in Tyler Perry's work is speaking to experiences so foreign to me it might as well be in another language

Senjutsu on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    From the outside looking in, even having grown up in a mostly black neighborhood, Tyler Perry's stuff just seems so....cringe-worthy, in the same way intelligent southerners find The Blue Collar Comedy stuff cringe-worthy.

Ludious on
    edited April 2011

No one wants to speak british english. Murica.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited April 2011
    cinders

need your advisement on a matter of a royal mission against the heathens in Spain
    WAAAAAGH.png

Cinders on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oops got here too early

Welp

So It Goes on
    edited April 2011
    I liked Spike Lee's movie Miracle at St. Anna.

I've never seen more than a little Tyler Perry.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited April 2011
    What I consider to be the most interesting point of this game is the story mode. Before playing an Arcs game, I was totally unaware of a story that was so detailed. As can be seen from the sprites, the game takes on the anime style and as such has an anime storyline, full of twists and turns. I suppose if you aren't a big fan of anime, don't let it hinder your enjoyment of the game itself.

Why yes, guy on GoG. When I think of Guilty Gear, the first thing I think of is the story.

Cinders on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey if every time I sneeze really hard both of my arms go numb should I see a doctor

I have circulation problems in general

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    cinders

WAAAAAGH.png

is

is that you playing as sicily

anyway, two things

1. I can't pass through Muslim territory without declaring war, right? So could I declare war on another Muslim nation and use that to get in position? I'm guessing no, but it's worth a shot.

2. What could I get by occupying the Murabitid King's personal provinces? Just the titles to those two provinces, or could I force other things as well?

Captain Carrot on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Guys, I'm doing a report in my Chinese class on that China's ghost cities news report.

Does anyone have a link to that gallery of images that someone found?

Winky on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    why am I playing Order & Chaos on my iPhone

and is anyone else on Arcadian Forest server

desc on
    edited April 2011
    That's me playing as Norway.

You get free claims on any heathen ruler's territories you occupy. His titles outside of that are not going to be available.

Don't be so afraid of making mistakes in the game. You have like 450 years to undo anything you do wrong as long as you don't die.

Cinders on
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    Guys, I'm doing a report in my Chinese class on that China's ghost cities news report.

I just google searched for the cities listed in the report.

Most of the different articles use just about the same set of photos.

Cinders on
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Niceguy Myeye on
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »

I just google searched for the cities listed in the report.

Most of the different articles use just about the same set of photos.

Just get some clearly not related city scape images and paste in some ghosts. Add a little disclaimer in tiny text size saying the images are from an un-vetted source.
    ghost_town_finalposter.jpggt_01.jpg
    like so.

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2011
    That's me playing as Norway.

You get free claims on any heathen ruler's territories you occupy. His titles outside of that are not going to be available.

Don't be so afraid of making mistakes in the game. You have like 450 years to undo anything you do wrong as long as you don't die.

It's not that I'm afraid of making mistakes, I just don't like spending time on something that wouldn't work.

Captain Carrot on
    edited April 2011
    New-South-China-Mall-6.46-million-sq-ft-600x400.jpg

I so wanna go urban exploring here.

Cinders on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    what if it's haunted, cinders

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

the ghost of escalators past

Echo on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I ain't afraid o' no ghosts.

Thanatos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I think the use of auteur theory to posit that he's a really fucked up dude is pretty heads on. And it's not often you hear a lot of nice things said about School Daze.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2011
    I liked Spike Lee's movie Miracle at St. Anna.

I've never seen more than a little Tyler Perry.

I like most of Lee's movies. But the snippets I've seen of Perry tend to be cringe inducing.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.