As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today!Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Games and Technology
World of Tanks is a free-to-play MMO that combines simulation and RPG-esque experience building mechanics in battles between a multitude of armored vehicles from the 1930s, 1940s, and very early 1950s, including a great many that never existed off of paper.

It's developed by a little company called Wargaming.net, based out of London and a country you may never have heard of, but recognize some names of rivers if you've played STALKER.

mbelarus.gif

It's BELARUS. Or BYELORUSSIA, as the old spelling is. Not RUSSIA. And while it is no matter of life or death, you will be corrected if you make the mistake. Quake in fear.

The gameplay combines experience building with things like armor penetration, deflection rates, explosive power and other features, which are distributed among over a hundred different armored vehicles. Having selected your vehicle, its engine, turret, armarment and other features, you're placed in third/first-person battles pitting two teams of 15 players against one another. There are two ways to win: obliterate the other team, or hold their base long enough to capture it. For winning, each player is awarded research experience and credits, the primary in-game currency.

The game has recently left beta, but is, however, still free to play--all you need to do is register and download the client. Additionally, since the end of the Beta, there is also a purchase system which can be used to purchase the secondary in-game currency gold, which does various things from speeding up crew training to buying certain "premium" shells and tanks. Gold is also rewarded in various in-game contests and special events, so keep your eyes peeled.

But on the exciting part: the tanks! Tanks are currently distributed between four countries (the Soviet Union, the United States, German Reich, and most recently the French Republic), encompassing mass and limited production models, prototypes, and theoretical tanks, and, with the exception of premium tanks, are researched through each nation's tech tree. Within a tank, its upgrades--cannons, engines, suspensions, turrets, and radios--can be researched and equipped to your tank to use in combat, Silent Hunter III-style.

Screenshots:
wot_td_screens_12.jpg
wot_screenshots_himmelsdorf_01.jpg
worldoftanks_2010-12-29_16-19-27-04.jpg

Video:

Actual gameplay footage

High-speed sports cars not included

While all of this might seem a little daunting, the Wargaming.net has put together a very comprehensive Wiki which covers every facet of the game, including tactics. It is very easy to get into (in literally a battle or two, you can get set up with a very pleasant-to-drive light tank, and fight almost exclusively against similar tanks), but very difficult to master (the competition in the higher tiers of armour is vicious by comparison). While you can play in battles immediately, and join other platoons for free, to actually host your own, you must purchase "Premium time" (starting to see a theme here?). It isn't necessary, however, to join a clan or existing platoon. Tank company battles can also be organized, but they tend to be overwhelmingly staggered to the highest two tiers, and primarily consisting of heavy tanks--at this moment, Wangpanzers doesn't really have much in that area in its inventory.

We have a WoT in-game Channel! PennyArcade, Password: wang

Clan Business:

The PA clan is the aptly-named , whom can usually be found playing in the evenings and communicate through PA's vent channel (IP 69.12.36.171, port number 2377). Our current roster is on Google Documents here.

In the meantime, if you'd like to join, be sure to post your in game name, and your primary tank or two.

Synthesis on

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I apologize for the crudeness of this new OP, it's my first one and the original was sorely out of date. If I've missed anything, let me know and I'll add it hastily.

Synthesis on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Picked this up the other day (I think on the exact day it left beta).

Fairly entertaining overall. I like the fact that premium options are available, but you aren't utterly crippled by not choosing to take them. I would like to see the game be a bit more nitty-gritty as far as physics and how hits work on you, but the devs clearly want a broader userbase over EXXTREME graphics or anything like that. Plus, y'know, free. Pretty solid for a free online game; none of that crappy stuff you see advertised with idiotic Flash banners and whatnot.

I really do like that using your brain helps a lot. Yeah, you're driving around in a tank, but so is everybody else. Tanks have some pretty definite weakness to the and the game uses those. Hitting side armor is nice, but hitting rear armor is great. And if you can't hit those, there's always the turret armor. Tagging a medium tank and two lights is pretty sweet when you do it with a starting light tank simply because you bothered to do some maneuvering and hit the enemy from behind. You can also circle some enemies faster than they can rotate their turret, letting you pound them while being safe from their counterattack.

Conversely, keep that front armor towards the enemy! That usually matters a lot more than trying to scoot back and forth to dodge hits in a one-on-one fight. If you're moving, your aim is lousy anyway, not to mention the fact that cannon shells go a lot faster than you. Getting killed by a lighter tank is completely possible if they manage to outmaneuver you; getting hit by heavier tanks from the side and rear is also a fast way to die. If you're going to scoot in a fight, try to arrange things so that you scoot in and out of cover with your front towards the enemy.

There is value in evading enemy fire, but you'll almost always need to have other people shooting at the person attacking you to achieve anything. People typically get tunnel vision and greedy when they get a target in their sights; not only will they usually not give up their target even if they start getting hit, they probably won't even know they're a target until they start getting hit. A good rabbit can help kill quite a few other tanks without firing a single shot (won't get credit for it, though, unless you also spot them in the process).

And while I kinda wish the game had respawning, it's also nice to be able to start a game, rush out, pop a couple tanks or spot a handful, and still come away with a good chunk of money after you get blown up early on. Then you can just wait for the game to run its course without having to monitor it.

EDIT: Sigh. Six games in a row where my tracks went down in two hits and I get picked off by artillery because I can't move.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What you say about ducking back to avoid enemy fire isn't altogether true. It is true at the early tiers, where you are shooting 30 rounds per minute, but it's definately not true when you're in a Tier 8 heavy that fires five to six rounds a minute. In that case it is 100% advisable to duck into cover while you wait 10 seconds to reload, and while your aiming goes to crap when you move, spending an extra second so that it narrows a bit before you fire is all you need. With the big guns at relatively close ranges, you're going to penetrate almost no matter where you hit, with the exception of Heavies of equal or higher tier that only have their front facing toward you.

Edit: And make sure you get into the Wangpanzers, we have a lot of fun platooning it up.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how do i get an invite to Wangpanzers?

nevermind. just realized it's premium only...

I paid for some gold but it's only for converting exp to free exp. I refuse to pay for co-op. There decision to do that is beyond me...

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's not a charity, just a free game with incentives for paying for extra bits. No way am I going to pay anything for it either, but they've got to hold something back to encourage people to pay for things. There's quite a bit of free game without even looking at the premium stuff.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    KingMoo wrote: »
    how do i get an invite to Wangpanzers?

nevermind. just realized it's premium only...

No, no. Joining clans doesn't actually cost anything. Same with joining platoons. Only the person *starting* the thing has to pony up the cash for it.

If you're unable to request an invite through the link Synthesis provided, then just post your IGN here, so we can manually add you.

Also, nice job with the OP, Synthesis.

Skulkraken on
    edited April 2011
    OK, this is a pretty awesome feature. Getting one-shotted a minute into a match? Exit the battle, hop in another tank, and start another battle. You can fight a whole new battle instead of waiting for the other one to end plus you still get all your earnings and experience from the original one.

Now that is pretty cool.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OK, this is a pretty awesome feature. Getting one-shotted a minute into a match? Exit the battle, hop in another tank, and start another battle. You can fight a whole new battle instead of waiting for the other one to end plus you still get all your earnings and experience from the original one.

Now that is pretty cool.

Yeah, it's something they should tell you before you go into your first game. You don't have to hang around and watch other people, you can just load up another tank (I think you get six slots for free), and just have fun.

Sometimes I like to watch the end of a match to see what happens, but if all you care about is your exp and your silver, it doesn't really matter.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This game is really awesome. Been playing since the very early days of the beta and it's incredibly addicting.

kyleh613 on
    edited April 2011
    Edited op concerning platoon matches and being on premium time (you just need to have premium time to host one).

Synthesis on
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just a note about "rabbit" tanks:

You get half the XP (divided more if there are other spotters) for any damage done to a target you are spotting. XP is based on tier difference and damage done, so a lower tier tank dealing damage to something 3 tiers over it is more xp than a T6 oneshotting your little T3.

That said: don't run out and suiscout. Seriously. Stop that. It's completely useless most of the time because you light the hostiles up before anyone is in position to pick them off.

kildy on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I'll get back into this (and stay at mid-tier rather than subjecting myself to the high-level grind).

During the beta I was mostly Germany, but ended up skipping the Pz4 for the 3/4 and panther line. Is the supposedly amazing pz4 worth taking these days? Or is the t-34 far superior still?

BlueDestiny on
    edited April 2011
    The PzIV is a perfectly fine tank compared to the T-34. The bobblehead turret limits it to sniping, but it does that well, so it's an okay tradeoff. It also leads to the VK3601h, which is the best of the tier 6 VKs.

If you're really interested in getting into the Russian medium tanks, it would probably be a better idea to go down the heavy line instead up until the KV-1S. There's a patch due in a week or two that will insert the KV-13 after it, which will act as a link to the medium line. Go through there, and you'll be able to skip straight to the T-43. ...The alternative is enduring the grueling grind that is driving the A-20.

Skulkraken on
    edited April 2011
    Please invite me and my bro (KingMoo / Khaboom)

Do we have to be there to accept the invite? I leave my tanks game on all day but i'm not usually at the keyboard. I'm not AFK'ing in-game so don't get the wrong idea...

Just got my T-28 upgraded fully this time round. During beta I grinded past it for the KV, but I must say this speedy medium is an awesome glass cannon!

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    of doom
    edited April 2011
    Invites sent. You can accept the invite by logging into the game's website and checking your user profile.

Skulkraken on
  • BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Glad to finally see a thread in here for this. Could BuhamutZeo get an invite? I got a range of tank tiers to play with so I don't start dragging loltraktors up against Mauses :D

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
    edited April 2011
    what tiers are you guys playing? and in which vent channel?

my bro and I just play tier 4,5, and we'll eventually get some 6's. But those are the only tiers we'll ever play. After beta we just don't see the point in grinding for tanks that, we think, are in tiers that are less fun to play.

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    of doom
    edited April 2011
    Still at tier 4, moving up to tier 5 soon.

...And looking at the latest newsletter, this caught my eye:
    Q: A bit silly question, are you planning to implement possibility for tanks to sound the horn and signal with lights? Sometimes you need to bring attention of teammates that they are doing something idiotic like blocking movement, but you don't want to waste time on typing it in chat.
    A: A horn will be introduced. For gold. There are some concerns about spamming the horn, so need to figure it out first. One idea is to tie it to the radio module - you abuse the horn, your radio will get damaged. Or something like that.

Skulkraken on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I finally have a computer that can run this, downloading the client now.

Zenitram on
    edited April 2011
    KingMoo wrote: »
    what tiers are you guys playing? and in which vent channel?

my bro and I just play tier 4,5, and we'll eventually get some 6's. But those are the only tiers we'll ever play. After beta we just don't see the point in grinding for tanks that, we think, are in tiers that are less fun to play.

I actually think the top tiers can be fun once you've upgraded tanks that can participate. <3 my Pershing!

I think some "Hard-to-find" or "hard to grasp" info should go up in the op. Like the actual differences between AP and HE rounds, where to shoot on the tanks, how bounces are calculated, and such and so on.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This reminds me of this other online tank game I use to play, like back in elementary school. I think it was on a site called bonus.com? You could be a red tank, blue, orange, or purple and there were medals you could earn that would stay with you assuming you always used the same username. That was a fun game. Did anyone else use to play that?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited April 2011
    Maybe I'm just jaded from the beta, but to have fun in high tier was basically Russia or die. It was not worth the grind at all, not even with the free premium from saving up the daily gold allowance. My Panther that I spent forever grinding up to spent most of it's life as a burned out hulk while swarms of T-44's ground the competition to dust.

BlueDestiny on
    edited April 2011
    I would disagree, though only slightly.

The Maus is pretty much "I see you, you die." Only a few other vehicles, like SPGs, can say that with such confidence. And thanks to the sighting mechanic, its primary disadvantage--that it should be visible, like a building of the same size, from all the way across the map--doesn't exist.

The American T30 is pretty freaking terrifying as well.

Though, on the other hand, yes, the Panther II is no match for the only other mediums of the same tier in the game. Nothing can really save a medium tank that is boxy as all hell.

I think I will get a T-54 again, since my primary complaint against it was I was constantly matched with total idiots who couldn't use a strategy if their lives depended on it (or perhaps just didn't want to). Playing with guys from Jagdpanzers is a night-and-day different experience. I do think that'll be my highest tier tank--I don't plan to go any farther than the Jagdpanther (Tier 7) and the Su-100 (Tier 6).

Synthesis on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got this a couple days ago. Pretty darn fun. But boy does it take a while to get your crewmen to 100% so they can get... something. Curse my desire to fill out those little bars!

Also, people who pick the BT2 & 7 are weird. Always going toward the enemy as fast and they can, out in the open and dying as fast as they got to where ever they were going.

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited April 2011
    Fair point for the Maus, but really it requires the full support of its team to avoid getting shelled to death or locked in the dreaded maus-trap. The main issue (back then at least) was that russian tanks had fantastically sloped armor allowing them to carry less that worked as more in most cases. Germans got... big blocky sniper tanks. Not to mention the legendary flammability of the tiger/KT.

But enough whining, I'd like to get a clan invite if possible. Name is BlueDestiny in-game.

E: Before its nerf the germans did get the most fun T4 in the game though. Shotgunning dudes with the 105 on a PZ3 never got old.

BlueDestiny on
    edited April 2011
    That's a recognition of a historical reality--namely, the Germans didn't get around to slopping armor until well after everyone else. The Tiger appeared well into the war--by comparison, Soviet tanks 10 years earlier had some armor sloping. The Germans did lots of things well, like making sure every tank got a radio, but sloping armor was not one of them.

As a concession to that, of course, the Germans have the most accurate guns in the game, and the advantage of slopping armor has been somewhat negated. The Americans have better slopping armor than they do.

Synthesis on
    edited April 2011
    I think I might be hitting my annoyance limit with a free game. Now that I'm actually ranking up through tanks, I keep getting stuck in shit battles where I get one-shotted after smashing on a tank for 5-6 hits.

Especially pissed about dealing with the M3 Lee. Apparently the tracks are made of glass; just had a battle where the first shot from an enemy M3 blew off the tracks on that side, then the next shot blew the tracks off the other side. And since I don't have a turret, that's game over without firing a single shot. The last half-dozen games before that are all either one-shot deaths or getting tracks knocked off in the first shot.

It's getting pretty old, even for a free game.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited April 2011
    How close are you getting to the fighting? There's no shame in hanging back and sniping from behind the front lines. The Lee's guns both hit just as hard as the howitzer on the Panzer III, and have better accuracy and loading time to boot. Switch over from AP shells to HE shells and you'll end up being the guy one-shotting things instead.

[Edit]

Oh hey, there's some new details on how the tech trees are being revised:

German Tech Tree
    • Introduction of E-50.

Players who have a Panther II in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with an E-50 with the respective module setup (top engine will be changed for HL295 or added as a new one), keeping their progress and old crew.

Players who have a Pz. V Panther in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a Panther II with the respective module setup (and 7.5 cm KwK 45 L/100 gun), keeping their progress and old crew, plus they will get a tier 7 Pz. V Panther with a stock setup, an extra garage slot, and a 100% crew.

No additional refunds are planned.

• Introduction of Е-75 and Е-100.

Undistributed experience from elite Tiger will be transferred to King Tiger.

American Tech Tree
    • M26 Pershing will be substituted for M46 Patton. T23 will be substituted for M26 Pershing.

Players who have a M26 Pershing in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M46 Patton, with the respective module setup (possibly with some renaming) keeping their progress and old crew.

Players who have a T23 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M26 Pershing in its new status, with the respective module setup (possibly with some renaming) keeping their progress and old crew.

• T34 will be substituted for M103.

Players who have a T34 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M103 with the respective module setup and a 100% crew.

Additionally they will also get a T34 as a premium tank with the old crew and an extra garage slot.

• T30 will be substituted for T110 and T30 will be moved to the Tank Destroyers line of the tech tree.

Players who have a T30 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a T110 with a 100% crew, plus they will also get T30 in its new status with the top module setup, old crew, and an extra garage slot.

Russian Tech Tree
    • KV will be separated into KV-1 and KV-2.
    Players who have a KV in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a KV-1. The KV’s crew will be trained for the KV-1.

Additionally players who have researched KV-2’s turret for KV will get a KV-2 with an extra garage slot and the KV-2 will be assigned a 100% crew.

Undistributed experience from KV can be transferred to either KV-2 or to KV-1 on demand.

• KV-3 moved to tier 7 and the introduction of T-150.

Players who have a KV-3 in their garage at the time of the revision will get a KV-3 in its new status with its existing module and research setup and its old crew. Additionally they will also get a T-150 with a stock setup, extra garage slot, and 100% crew.

• IS-4 will be substituted for Object 252.

Players who have an IS-4 in their garage at the time of the revision will get an IS-4 in its new status with old crew, plus they will also get an Object 252 with 100% crew with an extra garage slot. Undistributed experience will remain on Object 252, however can be transferred to a new IS-4 on demand.

Draft Procedure of module substitution for IS-4:

If a player had IS-4’s engine researched, the same engine will be researched for both the new IS-4 and Object 252 (or the analogue of this engine if changed).

Radios, turrets, and suspensions will be treated in the same way. IS-4 and Object 252 will have the same modules installed as those previously mounted on old IS-4 or their analogues if changed. Guns, if changed, are likely to be treated in the same way.

Skulkraken on
    edited April 2011
    In complete honesty, the M3 is horrible from a defensive standpoint (I laughed every time I happened to run into one as a Jagdpanther, at Tier 7, which was frighteningly often). A trade-off fro it leading to three different branches among American vehicles.

Honestly, it sucks, but America seemed very fond of tall vehicles not known for their armor.

Synthesis on
    edited April 2011
    American tanks are mostly HULL DOWN HULL DOWN HULL DOWN HRRRRRRRNNNNNGH. Their greatest foe is flat ground.

BlueDestiny on
    edited April 2011
    Those revisions, I guess not surprisingly, not effect any vehicles I have presently. Oh well.

And yes, the three American heavies have freakishly huge, freakishly well-armored turrets that always seem to move much faster than they should. I know they freak me the hell out when I run into them.

Synthesis on
    edited April 2011
    Gave the HE ammo a shot and, while it does seem to do better, that doesn't matter when heavies are still one-shotting your tracks or entire tank.

Think I might just be done here entirely. Everything just gets bigger, slower, and more boring except for some of the light tanks. So the options are get huge and slow if you want to live or small and fast and die in one shot.

Some things need some work, as well. Technically, I upgraded from SPG to another. In reality, it turns out that the new SPG is bigger, slower, has about half the armor, takes twice as long to reload, has less range, and takes something like five seconds to aim. Having a bigger gun doesn't matter when even a heavy can move fast enough that you will never be able to decently lead him for a hit. It would've been great to know all of that instead of just looking at stats that don't even tell you basic things like the actual range of the gun and I have about a dozen other games I can play rather than grinding my way through a crap tank.

Sure, the game is free, but it's also pretty dull when just being bigger matters a whole lot more than maneuvering for flanking and it takes 2-3 minutes to even close with the enemy.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited April 2011
    If you want to avoid slower and more boring, flip into the US Light/Medium line. You'll still be fragile as all hell, but the M5 and M7 are a complete blast to drive and can usually dent anything they come across.

kildy on
    edited April 2011
    Ok, AP rounds and HE rounds are for different things, and you want a 2/3 AP ammo to 1/3 HE ammo ratio.

AP Rounds: Your bread and butter for lights, SPG, TDs from the side, most mediums, and heavies who don't notice you or are way under your tier. Basically for anytime you can get a shot in on a flat surface of the enemy. AP rounds go through the armor and damage modules inside of the tank if it does penetrate. When it does hit, calculations are made weighing the shells penetration against the tanks defenses which include angle and armor thickness. There are three outcomes.

Penetration. Bounce/Ricochet. Failed penetration.

Penetration means the shell made it past the armor and into the tank to damage modules.

Bounce/Ricochet means that the shell hit the tanks armor at an angle less than 30 degrees, which is an automatic bounce.

Failed penetration means that the shell went INTO the armor, but did not exit that "wall" to be able to damage the modules. The 30mm penetration shell did not make it past the 100mm of armor it was fired at. It didn't bounce, but it didn't penetrate.

HE ammo penetration falls under the same rules EXCEPT for one difference: A failed penetration can still damage. HE rounds have much lower penetration but much higher damage. If they don't bounce, they WILL damage the tanks and its modules, only reduced by how much armor was left to penetrate. Also, if you happen to fire an HE round into an area of the tank that it *can* penetrate, say, a hatch, then it will do far more damage than an AP round could, since its higher damage was not reduced by additional penetration.

HE rounds are for when your shots are failing to penetrate a target's armor. This is ideally used for when a higher tier tank is absorbing all of your AP rounds, or when a high armor tank is near dead and you don't want to risk bounces and failed penetration.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    edited April 2011
    kildy wrote: »
    If you want to avoid slower and more boring, flip into the US Light/Medium line. You'll still be fragile as all hell, but the M5 and M7 are a complete blast to drive and can usually dent anything they come across.

Yeah, I know, but I'd rather be able to do more than just delay the inevitable. There's also the fact that I'm not going to spend ages grinding with crappy tanks to get up to something entertaining.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What I don't get is that by the logic of how HE's work, due to the higher damage they should be the preferred ammo if the lower end of their penetration value is higher than the enemies' armor thickness. So HE seems logical to use for TDs like the marder 2 with the big gun on most lights and SPGs it gets matched against but I've never heard anyone give that advice. Seems to work for me.

peterdevore on
    edited May 2011
    What I don't get is that by the logic of how HE's work, due to the higher damage they should be the preferred ammo if the lower end of their penetration value is higher than the enemies' armor thickness. So HE seems logical to use for TDs like the marder 2 with the big gun on most lights and SPGs it gets matched against but I've never heard anyone give that advice. Seems to work for me.

I thought the rule was "if you can penerate the target reliably, use AP. If you can't, use HE"

I usually don't bother carrying HE on most tanks, since I play a medium and shouldn't be bouncing shells off the fronts of big things. I only roll with HE on tanks using howitzer type weapons that can't use AP.

And for our newer players: hitting 1 or 3 twice immediately reloads with the selected ammo. Hitting it once queues it to reload after your next shot.

edit: uhh, why is the US line losing the M7->E8 progression? That new tech tree makes the M7 totally useless as an end progression path.

kildy on
  • CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey everyone, in-game name is CheBourgeoisNoir, hoping for an invite to WANG - just caved and dropped the $15 for premium now that I'm done grinding A-20 (why not before, I ask myself now?) Ironically, A-20 with the 75% crew is actually pretty fun to play, the 25% increase really makes a world of difference.

EDIT: Heh, premium. A good game previously with my Grille was 300-400 xp and like 7k credits; this game was 750 (doubled for first battle) for 1300xp and 18k.

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Looking for an invite to jagdwangzers, ingame name is enders

I played this game in beta and thought it was really great. Just picked it up again and have been going down the german tech tree.

It's like someone read my mind when I was playing Navyfield years ago and thought "this would be cooler with tanks"

Just recently purchased the Panzerjager I and am considering going down the tank destroyer tree more. The pure damage output makes me giddy with each successful hit

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Link to the story explaining the revision. Pictures included!

New Panther tree is good, although dissapointed the VK(DB) is now non-compulsary to get there through the medium tree. I wonder what will happen with the VK(P) and (H) though; currently i'm researching from the PzIII/IV to the (P). Will I then have both the (H) and (P) researched, or just the (P), or will it swap? And if I have one of these tanks, how will they react after the change. I don't want to go from working my way to a Panther to suddenly be working to a Tiger. Not to mention the fact that i'd probably end up having to go back to the PzIII/IV to get sufficient exp to unlock the (H). Complicated.

On a slightly more legible note, good work on the OP, Synthesis.

Farleyman on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.