As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Man, Target, you hate everything.

Spectre-x on
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    So... I admit I read little of superhero comics these days and almost nothing of Marvel 616, but I have to ask: Why the hell does it seem like everyone is jizzing over the new Amazing?

The writing is mediocre at best, but more than that: Who needs Spider-Man with that suit on? I mean he's basically just Iron Man with a spider-sense now. Any Joe Bagofdonuts could put that on and do virtually the same things.

And Parker is such an ignoramus, agreeing to do anything Stark asks before knowing anything about what's going on.

Not that many people are in fact jizzing over the new Amazing. They are just commenting about how it's the best Amazing that they've seen in a while. Which isn't hard since Amazing has been terrible since the end of 'Book of Ezekiel'.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ok the newest sensational
    [spoiler:f1bbb2b914]Spidey gets into a fight with the lizard and his son, a miniature version of him. I think it's because he had cancer or something and curt cured it with the lizard serum. Anyway they get into a fight black cat shows up, goes ceazy on the lizard and whups his ass. A civilian runs on the roof with a rifle and blasts 'lil lizard. Man-wolf is gonna attack MJ and may. The vermin sneaks up on a crooked cop and eats his face. 'LIl lizard turns back into a thirteen yearold kid, with a bleeding gunshot wound. I think the craziness is because of the meteor that guy found, and the rain.[/spoiler:f1bbb2b914]
    I like the artwork reminds me of todd mcfarlane.

FIXED COURTESY OF ME

SERVO

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ok the newest sensational
    [spoiler:ace1dc4407]Spidey gets into a fight with the lizard and his son, a miniature version of him. I think it's because he had cancer or something and curt cured it with the lizard serum. Anyway they get into a fight black cat shows up, goes ceazy on the lizard and whups his ass. A civilian runs on the roof with a rifle and blasts 'lil lizard. Man-wolf is gonna attack MJ and may. The vermin sneaks up on a crooked cop and eats his face. 'LIl lizard turns back into a thirteen yearold kid, with a bleeding gunshot wound. I think the craziness is because of the meteor that guy found, and the rain.[/spoiler:ace1dc4407]
    I like the artwork reminds me of todd mcfarlane.

Sounds like an interesting issue. You might wanna fix your post's spoiler-protection though like I did. Some people might get upset over it.

Owenashi on
  • The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    So... I admit I read little of superhero comics these days and almost nothing of Marvel 616, but I have to ask: Why the hell does it seem like everyone is jizzing over the new Amazing?

The writing is mediocre at best, but more than that: Who needs Spider-Man with that suit on? I mean he's basically just Iron Man with a spider-sense now. Any Joe Bagofdonuts could put that on and do virtually the same things.

And Parker is such an ignoramus, agreeing to do anything Stark asks before knowing anything about what's going on.

Not that many people are in fact jizzing over the new Amazing. They are just commenting about how it's the best Amazing that they've seen in a while. Which isn't hard since Amazing has been terrible since the end of 'Book of Ezekiel'.

:^:

TPB 8 & 9 sucked cock. 10 was okay.

I just can't get used to Deodato, and Strazcynski's gone all "Days of our Lives". JR Jr, you are missed.

The Nameless One on
  • ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Cute

marvtu021dc3ol.jpg

and a bit terrifying

civwarfl001006cmyk6mn.jpg

(holy wow, the "legs" look stupid)

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    I hate that costume. It's official.

The Nameless One on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Joon wrote:
    I really didn't care for the Green Goblin's outfit and it would be nice if Spidey's actor could pull off the smart-mouthed bullshitting. Outside that, I liked the Spider-Man movies pretty well.

That was my biggest gripe. He didn't quip enough. The third one needs to have a lot of quips. "Too much" by normal standards to make up for the lack of quips in the last two.

Or maybe add She-Hulk. According to Spidey she makes him quippier.

The Muffin Man on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited March 2006
    Oh hey cool that YTMND has music from Amelie.

Also, I don't mind the new costume. The legs on the back are a little weird, though...

bongi on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I dont know. The red... makes him look like he's mostly meat.

Synthetic Orange on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I still think this picture is cool:

amazing529_7.jpg

I have yet to see the new costume look good in anything other than that frame, however. I think the problem is that all the reflective surfaces on the suit are just too much. The above frame looks cool because enough attention to detail was added, and it just happens to be a pose that accentuates the suit well.

But most artists aren't going to put in the amount of time needed for those gold parts of the suit to look good.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    i didn't like it at first

but now I do. including the legs. especially considering that it wont be permanent.

that is all.

Guek on
  • aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I have moments where I like it

Then moments where I dont

Then moments where I think its the bomb

and then moments where it sucks ass

They ra-heaalllllyyyy have to figure out how they want the legs to look. Some people do them mad big, some people do them really small

aquabat on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I still dont like it, especially the retarded little arms.

DouglasDanger on
    edited March 2006
    aquabat wrote:
    ra-heaalllllyyyy

Too much Scrubs, dude...just calm down, okay?

The Nameless One on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    aquabat wrote:
    ra-heaalllllyyyy

You shut your filthy mouth.

There can never be too much Scrubs.

Sars_Boy on
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
    edited March 2006
    Rociel wrote:

Haha. "Editors note: Some of us think they're perfectly reasonable" "Editors note: Who asked you!?"

Also: Holy crap. They chould have gotten rid of the costume WITHOUT retconning it?

The Muffin Man on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Cool, it can change to look like any SM costume....

Sharp101 on
    edited March 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    aquabat wrote:
    ra-heaalllllyyyy

You shut your filthy mouth.

There can never be too much Scrubs.

Hey, I'm as big a fanboy as the next geek...I just hate aquabat.

The Nameless One on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Rociel wrote:

Haha. "Editors note: Some of us think they're perfectly reasonable" "Editors note: Who asked you!?"

Also: Holy crap. They chould have gotten rid of the costume WITHOUT retconning it?

"Dont visualise myself naked, dont visualise myself naked!" *poink* "Aw crap!"

Synthetic Orange on
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I dont know. The red... makes him look like he's mostly meat.

He is meat.

Your entire family is made out of meat.

Sorry.

Also, I like the costume. I just wish it had an even number of legs. And its stupid how the legs just pop out from nowhere he doesent have any place on his back for them to go.

Jeedan on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    The legs are the worst part.

DouglasDanger on
    edited March 2006
    Here's what I really want to happen.

A)Spidey says "Thanks Tony but I don't like being given a gift and then told it's a reward for being a puppet. Go fuck yourself.

I'll see you tonight at dinner, I gotta get to work."

B)"Oh Pete, you can't use the arms in anything other than the default form." "Oh noes!*Stays in classic red/blue* Fuck those arms."

C)The "Bad memories" deal. Pete doesn't like how the costume reminds him of the civil war.

Either way, I really hope they retcon the stingers somehow. At least make hem voluntary.

(And is anyone else curious how those broke through the costome, but bullets can't?)

The Muffin Man on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    (And is anyone else curious how those broke through the costome, but bullets can't?)

Tony made them do it. With science.

Azrael on
    edited March 2006
    anybody know if there are any trades of the "mj loves spiderman" minis out? i'm a sucker for romance, AND for spiderman.

Guek on
    edited March 2006

Did they really break through the costume? Because I would assume that, since Spidey's got those things, Tony incorporated some sort of release system or whatever, so that they can go out of the costume. Like Wolverine's gloves, you know?

And if they really broke through the costume, knives go through bulletproof vests because they're a lot sharper than bullets, and thus exert more force on a smaller area. Just like how a woman in stiletto heels exerts more force on the ground than an elephant does.

Spectre-x on
    edited March 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

Did they really break through the costume? Because I would assume that, since Spidey's got those things, Tony incorporated some sort of release system or whatever, so that they can go out of the costume. Like Wolverine's gloves, you know?

And if they really broke through the costume, knives go through bulletproof vests because they're a lot sharper than bullets, and thus exert more force on a smaller area. Just like how a woman in stiletto heels exerts more force on the ground than an elephant does.

uuh, I think you mean pressure, not force. Force doesn't change unless mass or acceleration does, whereas pressure is dependant on surface area.

...uuuuh...

Guek on
    edited March 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

Still, I imagine someone like Tony Stark would be smart enough to make it knife-proof too, considering not every crazy bastard who wants to kill Spidey has a gun.

The Muffin Man on
    edited March 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

uuh, I think you mean pressure, not force. Force doesn't change unless mass or acceleration does, whereas pressure is dependant on surface area.

...uuuuh...

Yes, damnit.

Spectre-x on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So, like, FNSM

[spoiler:bb2afe57cd]Uncle Ben?[/spoiler:bb2afe57cd]

deadonthestreet on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    symbiote.jpg
    Best Spider-Man costume ever. By the longest of long shots.

Halfmex on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    Halfmex wrote:
    CostumeSpiderBag.gif
    Best Spider-Man costume ever. By the longest of long shots.

Corrected.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Hey, is anybody reading Spider Man Loves Mary Jane?

I feel like I should be. That doesn't make me, you know... gay, does it?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:

Its a enjoyable book with your typical highschool drama stories dealing with MJ in highschool and her relationships with much of the Spider-man cast. It is a bit girly I suppose and theres not alot of Spider-man other then from MJ perspective from time to time but its just a simple and fun book to read each month with nice art. I highly recommend it to anyone who just wants something fairly simple and relativly carefree read.
    The mini's that predated the current ongoing can be picked up in digests for fairly cheap but there not required other then for some background and you can still jump on easily the current series.

Riqa on
    3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Riqa wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

Its a enjoyable book with your typical highschool drama stories dealing with MJ in highschool and her relationships with much of the Spider-man cast. It is a bit girly I suppose and theres not alot of Spider-man other then from MJ perspective from time to time but its just a simple and fun book to read each month with nice art. I highly recommend it to anyone who just wants something fairly simple and relativly carefree read.
    The mini's that predated the current ongoing can be picked up in digests for fairly cheap but there not required other then for some background and you can still jump on easily the current series.

Okay then.

I've been on this disturbing 'cute' kick ever since I finished watching Azumanga Daioh.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Riqa wrote:
    Harrier wrote:

Okay then.

I've been on this disturbing 'cute' kick ever since I finished watching Azumanga Daioh.

Thats about how I got into it in the first place, I was craving something a bit more on the lighter fun side with some romance elements after somehow getting myself into the more cute and 'slice of life' like anime and manga.

Riqa on
    3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I seriously don't think Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is worth the money (judging from the first issue). I seriously don't think Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is worth the money (judging from the first issue). I think I'm just really tired of Peter/Spidey and MJ dilly-dallying and don't care for another iteration of it...

But hey if some people like it then it just might appeal to you.

TM2 Rampage on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Spidey doesn't show up too much in that series, but I read the first digest, and when he IS there, he gets some really good lines.

DarkPrimus on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    I seriously don't think Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is worth the money (judging from the first issue). I seriously don't think Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is worth the money (judging from the first issue). I think I'm just really tired of Peter/Spidey and MJ dilly-dallying and don't care for another iteration of it...

But hey if some people like it then it just might appeal to you.
    I hear an echo......
    Also I like the series it's a break from the usual super-hero action book.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif