As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NHL] THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!

• Loki_HKDLoki_HKD Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Sharks/Wings will hopefully be a good one and it will hopefully go the full 7.

Loki_HKD on
    Photos: Flickr
    XBox: Loki HKD
    PSN: Loki_HKD
    camo_sig2.png
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Boston Philly is going to be amazing.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Loki_HKD wrote: »
    The Sharks/Wings will hopefully be a good one and it will hopefully go the full 7.

You want me to have a heart attack don't you?

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Did...did every single day of Playoff Hockey this round have at least one OT?

Wow.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited April 2011
    Sevorak wrote: »

Moreover i want you to go through what i had to go through with the bruins/habs series. That was painful, it took off at least 10yrs.

Loki_HKD on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Modern Man wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Sorry Burtletoy. It's a fucking shame of a way to end a lost season.

Hope the Caps take the Bolts as seriously as they took the Rangers. It's awfully easy to overlook Tampa Bay.
    Tampa Bay only beat the Caps once in regulation time this season, so I'd like to think we have their number.

Sharks didn't beat the Wings at all last year, then beat them in five. Phoenix handled the Wings in the regular season this year...

Regular season doesn't matter. Probably more so with veteran teams who frankly don't give a shit during the regular season, frustrating me to no end.

On a similar theme, anyone want to take a wild guess how many times the Habs beat the Caps during the regular season last year?

Complacency kills during playoffs hockey.

SammyF on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sevorak wrote: »

I think it's going to 7 8-)

tofu on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cbROiQit8U

If you needed any more evidence that Boston is lacking in classy fans, look no farther

edit: that's blatant hyperbole on my part, but wow, way to push around a 14 year old kid.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Holy poop.

The artist for ThePensBlog is going to be working on Archer.

8x10letang.jpg
    JS11.jpg

Crazy cool. Combines, like, two of my favorite things.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2011
    No, Woodhouse, I have TWO sets of home jerseys. Black, and slightly darker black.

SammyF on
  • 3v3v Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No, Woodhouse, I have TWO sets of home jerseys. Black, and slightly darker black.

"and now I am short a .. slightly darker black one"

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
    edited April 2011
    Is it this easy to turn every thread into a collection of quotes from Archer?

Burtletoy on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »

If you needed any more evidence that Boston is lacking in classy fans, look no farther

edit: that's blatant hyperbole on my part, but wow, way to push around a 14 year old kid.

And people think Philly fans are bad...

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited April 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »

I was trying to find a concise way to combine a certain two minute minor infraction with the phrase "No, Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers," but it didn't quite work out.

SammyF on
  • 3v3v Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Duh

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
    edited April 2011
    3v wrote: »

Duh and/or hello.

FTFY. :)

SammyF on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know what to expect out of this Flyers/Bruins series. Every friggin game of the Flyers/Sabers series should have looked like Game 7, but when you start every fucking game down three 7 minutes into the 1st period it makes things tough. I'd almost feel more confident if Laviolette would come out and announce that they're going to be playing 6-on-5 the entire time.

If either Boucher, Leighton, or Bobrovsky pull their head out of their ass, Philly should sail through. But I'm really worried.

TheCanMan on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yea, seriously. First off, that bathroom looks like a fucking mess of people. I have never seen it THAT BAD in Philly. Maybe we just organize ourselves better or I just go to pee at the right times.

Also, what scumbags go and push around ANYONE like that? I am fine with them taunting, singing Ole and all that, but christ, don't physically fuck with someone. I have never really seen anyone at a Flyers game be a complete asshole like that. I am sure there are exceptions, but that was just disrespectful.

Have I booed a Leafs fan in the early 2000s and gotten them to take their jersey off as they were leaving the game? Maybe. But I didn't go up and shove him.

I don't need to cause a commotion when I can just go to the urinal and pee on a card of Ryan Miller.

edit: Don't be TOO worried about the Flyers. Boucher has a great SV% and stuff. He is 4-1. He had a bad while during one period of one game. Other than that, he has been fine. I am not THAT worried, but things can change during the series. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think it's a dick move to taunt a person whose team just got eliminated

Plus, who films people while they pee?

tofu on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

the sad thing is looking at the title of the youtube movie. It's not "this is deplorable" it's hahahah.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That video is not the best behaviour, but it could be a whole lot worse

Edit: Also, don't think that if the tables were reversed and Montreal won at home in game 7, that this kind of crap wouldn't be happening there. Montreal fans are known to not act sensibly regarding hockey

quovadis13 on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, but when is Montreal not rioting?

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

Yea, seriously. First off, that bathroom looks like a fucking mess of people. I have never seen it THAT BAD in Philly. Maybe we just organize ourselves better or I just go to pee at the right times.

Also, what scumbags go and push around ANYONE like that? I am fine with them taunting, singing Ole and all that, but christ, don't physically fuck with someone. I have never really seen anyone at a Flyers game be a complete asshole like that. I am sure there are exceptions, but that was just disrespectful.

Have I booed a Leafs fan in the early 2000s and gotten them to take their jersey off as they were leaving the game? Maybe. But I didn't go up and shove him.

I don't need to cause a commotion when I can just go to the urinal and pee on a card of Ryan Miller.

edit: Don't be TOO worried about the Flyers. Boucher has a great SV% and stuff. He is 4-1. He had a bad while during one period of one game. Other than that, he has been fine. I am not THAT worried, but things can change during the series. Heh.

There's, like, four different layers of irony here.

SammyF on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Edit: Also, don't think that if the tables were reversed and Montreal won at home in game 7, that this kind of crap wouldn't be happening there. Montreal fans are known to not act sensibly regarding hockey

Oh, definitely. The behavior sucks though.

Lately I've been trying to tell myself Canadian Hockey Fans need to stop holding grudges when other Canadian fans behave in a way Canadian hockey fans tend to behave when passion is high. Come on guys, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Toronto can't all have the worst fans.

(and I say Canadian fans because I don't know what the norm is in the states, though this Boston video tells me it's probably pretty similar)

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Either?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Matrias wrote: »

Lately I've been trying to tell myself Canadian Hockey Fans need to stop holding grudges when other Canadian fans behave in a way Canadian hockey fans tend to behave when passion is high. Come on guys, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Toronto can't all have the worst fans.

(and I say Canadian fans because I don't know what the norm is in the states, though this Boston video tells me it's probably pretty similar)

You forgot Calgary in that group, a city where a guy got stabbed for wearing an Oilers jersey to a Oilers/Flames game. I mean the cities are so close that having fans of either team in the opposing building is a very common occurrence. We've lived with the rivalry for a very long time. Stabbing someone over it just boggles the mind.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Matrias wrote: »
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Hey, in Denver it's mostly the Detroit fans who taunt us.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    edited April 2011
    Staying with the Archer theme....The kid in the video entered THE DANGER ZONE

now on a serious not. I will apologize for these lonely YEAH DUDE DOUCHE BAGS, but every team has some shitty supporters. I myself am not one of them....and on that not SUCK IT MONTREAL....love you!

Loki_HKD on
    camo_sig2.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hart nominees: Perry, Sedin (whichever led the league in scoring this year, Daniel?), St. Louis

Proposal: I'd rather have the three Selke nominees even without factoring in Perry's douchiness.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

There's, like, four different layers of irony here.

I should've just held my tongue on all of this. Haha.

To be honest, when I booed the Leafs fan, it wasn't a hatred boo. I wasn't heckling him and shit. It was me coming out of the tunnel from our seats and a fan walked by and I booed him. I guess he was being heckled all over (as they did lose) and seemed pissed and took his jersey off.

And I don't know what to think about the Flyers. They can beat the Bruins if they play every game like they did in Game 7.

If anything, I blame the refs for everything in life. :lol:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited April 2011
    IT'S GAME DAY!

And I am off to Rogers Arena for the Canucks game! Following a brief stint with wings and a good microbrew in Yaletown, of course.

edit: I'm at the arena and I have my 2011 towel. yessssssss

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    edit: I'm at the arena and I have my 2011 towel. yessssssss
    so jealous :x

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    on the subject of poor fans, I think Philly probably gets the nod for individual excellence in douchbaggery, but it's always hard to beat Boston for unified effort. A douchebag chain is only as strong as its weakest link as they say.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    pittsburgh wins for most obnoxious however

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Fin is sporting a handsome playoff beard

also canucks are the stronger team here so far, 16 shots in the first with a minute left and two of those minutes were on the penalty kill

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    on the subject of poor fans, I think Philly probably gets the nod for individual excellence in douchbaggery, but it's always hard to beat Boston for unified effort. A douchebag chain is only as strong as its weakest link as they say.

Boston fans have become pretty smug, but come on. It doesn't matter what sport you're talking about, the answer for worst fans is ALWAYS Philly.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I really don't think Vancouver is facing an opposing team during this game so far. Half the game's done and the only one I can make out is Pecca Rinne playing Goalie.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Preds seem nervous.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yea come on refs, that's a goal.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited April 2011
    Oh that was Higgins? Nice. Still on fire from the Chicago series.

Aegis on
    Characters
This discussion has been closed.