So I just got my monthly cell bill and just about shat a brick when it was more than double what I usually pay. I checked the details on the web-billing application my service provider has us use and it tells me that I downloaded more than my data cap (which is 500mb per month) on the first day of billing so any data at all I used that month was billed at like $0.15/mb.
The only time I'm rough at all on the data usage is days where I tether my phone at work when my testing box needs the ethernet cable, and even then it's just reading newsfeeds/pa forums and avoiding anything like streaming videos/audio. I'd estimate on those days I'd use a maximum of 100mb of data. Evenings and weekends I don't even use data on my phone at all. My problem is that on my bill it shows me downloading l 526mb over a 5 hour period starting at around 5:30.
This is the first time I've ever had to dispute an erroneous charge on a monthly bill before and I'd like advice on how to get to the bottom of this. I'm afraid if I call them up without a strategy here it'll just be my word vs their log files word and they'll just tell me to shove off.