As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Macro Thread Anyone?

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Could someone make a macro that casts Amplify Curse and casts CoA? And how can I get rid of the macro text on the icon?

Rizzi on
  • SpritzupSpritzup Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anybody have some uber druid macro's?

Spritzup on
  • mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Doku-san wrote: »
    Could someone make a macro that casts Amplify Curse and casts CoA? And how can I get rid of the macro text on the icon?

look at my post a few lines up, macro for this is there.

mfc144 on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ah. Sorry, didn't see it :P

Rizzi on
  • Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Opty wrote: »
    Adimax wrote: »
    Meh. Would a

/cast Dispel Magic ArenaTeammatesName
    /cast Dispel Magic MyName

work? As Dispel Magic, if I recall correctly, does not cast unless there is a defuff it can clean. I just want to get away from using the mouse and have it keys only, but I dont care how thats achieved.

The proper macro syntax for that would be:

/cast [target=ArenaTeammatesName] Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

but I think that will always stop on the first Dispel Magic regardless if it doesn't cast if there's nothing to dispell.
    Muriden wrote: »
    /use [flyable] Ebon Gryphon; Swift Yellow Mechanostrider

/use [button:1] Ebon Gryphon; [Button:2] Swift Yellow Mechanostrider

I'm guessing that these wouldn't work with castable mounts (Paladin, Warlock, Druid) without some modification... is there any way to make a macro that functions similarly, but for one of those three classes using one castable and one "reins" mount?

These should work for cast mounts as well. /use and /cast are the same thing under the hood I believe. If it doesn't work, just swap /use with /cast because I know /cast with items works but I don't know if /use with spells does.

For example, my personal mount macro is thus:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors,combat] Travel Form; [outdoors,flyable] Swift Flight Form; [outdoors] Black War Kodo; Cat Form

meddleRPI wrote: »
    I was SO TYPING THIS up when you posted.

Anyhow, I don't play Rogue, but here's a hella useful rogue blind macro:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Blind
    /cast Blind

Bind that to a key. If you have a hostile opponent targeted, it will blind them.

If you want to blind someone you don't have targeted, then simply mouseover their toon and hit your key.

For example: Sumrogue has me targeted, going pew pew. My backup, Leethealz, shows up to rescue me. Sumrogue mouses over Leethealz and hits his Blind key, effectively Blinding Leethealz without ever having to detarget me.

Fucking. Over. Powered.

Could change Blind with Fear for my warlock?
    Yes.
    Sweet. I'm gonna try this out. Should be helpful when I'm soloing and get ganged up on.

Ramen Noodle on
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    They broke /sit/stand ghost-run macros in 2.1 :(:(:(
    gg faggots abusing it in arenas.

Warrior Schtuff (that makes life easier, mileage may vary):

Revenge + Shield Block 1-button:
    #showtooltip revenge
    /cast shield block
    /stopcasting
    /cast revenge

F.O.F. Intervene:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [help] intervene; [target=targetoftarget] intervene

Needs more Heroic Strike:
    #showtooltip (skill)
    /cast (skill)
    /stopcasting
    /cast Heroic Strike
    (I have Devastate and Sunder armor bound this way, as well as a secondary sunder without it bound)

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That intervene is going to be real useful. I can't quite figure out how to make a mouseover one, though... seems like it might be a bit faster to just mouseover somebody and use it.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Simple warrior macro that I get great milage out of.

/castrandom Bloodthirst(or Mortal Strike), Execute, Victory Rush

The only thing is that I programed my hot keys to repeat when pressed, so unless you can do that, you may hate this macro.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Because I lmao'd on this, I thought I just had to post it.
    Wowwiki wrote:
    Battleground

/yell "%n, stop running so I can heal you!"

This is a simple macro for a healer in a battleground. Often your heal targets will be running away from battle, so you must tell them to stop running.

Carnarvon on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is there a way to an ability such at a click uses it on the mouseover target?

What I'd like to do is set it up so that I can shift+click on a target, and banish that target. Clique will almost do it, but you seem to have to click on the unitframe for it to work.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Simple priest macro that automatically uses my prayer book.

Go into sound options. Turn off "Enable Error Speech"

/use 14
    /cast Greater Heal(Rank 1)

Replace Greater Heal or the rank of it with whatever heal you cast most often, and 14 with 13 if your prayer book is in the top trinket spot instead of the bottom.

Plutonium on
  • IceblazeIceblaze Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Is there a way to an ability such at a click uses it on the mouseover target?

What I'd like to do is set it up so that I can shift+click on a target, and banish that target. Clique will almost do it, but you seem to have to click on the unitframe for it to work.

Maybe do the blind Macro, place it on your bar, and then bind a shift+click to it? I'm not sure if you can bind shift+click though, but in theory it would work.

Iceblaze on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How to make your shadowretard work about 90% of the time:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
    /petaggressive
    /petattack

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    #showtooltip Intervene

Where in a macro are you suppose to place this? I can't figure it out.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    #showtooltip Intervene

Where in a macro are you suppose to place this? I can't figure it out.

I always put it on the first line, though I've never tested it anywhere else.

khain on
  • AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    mfc144 wrote: »
    Meh. Would a

Also, is there a macro that 1st casts Amp. Curse and then casts Curse of Agony (like with a double key press), but if Amp. Curse is on cooldown it just casts Agony? I tried looking for it in Google and on the WoW forums, but none of the class forums has a macro thread stickied... and they used to (6 months ago?).

Again, thanks for any info/help.

/cast Amplify Curse
    /stopcasting
    /cast Curse of Agony

would work.

check out http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Warlock for more awesome macros. (Change class name for macros for your class)

My question is, is it possible to target by raid icon. like /target GreenTriangle

Dude, soooooooo much <3 for this link. I gave up searching the web for a good macro site, and didnt think to check the goodness that is wowwiki. Thank you so much.

Adimax on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Muriden wrote: »
    My affliction grinding macro.
    /petattack [nocombat]
    /castsequence reset=combat/target  Unstable Affliction,Corruption, Drain Life, Drain Life, Drain Life, Drain Life

Oh. My. God. That is the most useful thing ever. In history.

I'd never looked in to Macros because I always heard the "you can only cast one thing at a time" stuff about it. I can't believe I've gone this far without knowing about this stuff.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2007
    /script if UnitIsPlayer("target") and UnitIsFriend("player","target") and CheckInteractDistance("target",4) then FollowUnit("target") SendChatMessage("I am now following you.","TELL"..UnitName("target")..) end

Does that code look right for sending someone a tell once you begin to follow them? If not, can someone rewrite that properly for me?

Adimax on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Your SendChatMessage needs to look like this
    SendChatMessage("I am now following you.","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))

but besides that it's correct.

Opty on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Taken from WowWiki:
    /clearfocus [modifier:shift] [button:2] [target=focus,dead] [target=focus,noexists]
     /focus [target=focus,noexists]
     /stopmacro [target=noharm]
     /cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead
     /raid Shackling &#37;f

Am I correct in assuming that this is a one-button press to set focus and shack, and afterwards will shackle the focused target without pressing any modifier buttons? Because if it is I will bitchslap our priests into using it on Moroes.

Edit: Moreover, I assume that the following change would dispell, for use during Romeo & Juliet:
    /clearfocus [modifier:shift] [button:2] [target=focus,dead] [target=focus,noexists]
     /stopmacro [target=noharm]
     /cast [target=focus] Dispel Magic
     /raid Dispelling %f

Oh my god these fights will be SO FUCKING EASY

Salvation122 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The /stopmacro [target=noharm] lines don't make any sense. If you want it to stop if your target is friendly then it should be /stopmacro [noharm] and if you want it to stop if your focus is friendly it should be /stopmacro [target=focus,noharm]

Opty on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My druid travel macro of awesomeness

/cancelform
    /dismount
    /cast [button:2]Swift Green Windrider; [nostance,swimming] Aquatic Form; [nostance,combat] Travel Form; [nostance,flyable] Swift Flight Form; [nostance]Great Brown Kodo

Sub in the name of your mounts for the two highlighted areas.
    If you can swim it will put you in sea lion.
    If you are in combat it will put you in travel form.
    If you are out of combat and can fly then it will put you in flight form.
    If you can't fly and are out of combat then it will use your ground mount.
    Right clicking uses my flying mount.

focused7 on
  • revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Would anyone happen to know of any good Shaman macros?

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    revolve wrote: »
    /cast frostshock
    /mock

Echo on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    /cast frostshock
    /mock

gr_argh.gif

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited June 2007

In case you missed it earlier...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Shaman

Adimax on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In case noone has this yet (i might have missed it but I didnt see it so).

/cast [target=mouseover] healingspell, /cast [target=help] healingspell

This is a wonderful macro. It will cast a heal on whoever your mouse cursor is over, and if its not over someone, your current target. The thing I never knew about this till yesterday is, if you use this macro mouseover counts on grid characters. It might work on normal party too I'm not sure. But basically, I can target whatever I want, and just mouse over someone on my grid and it heals them. This is awesome for say, bosses you want to constantly monitor, or if you want to be watching your CC target without focus to see castbars or whatever ect. It also means much less reaction time needed clicking ect. I personally fine it easier to aim my mouse over someone on grid than clicking it first and then hitting a button. Either way, I am obsessed with this now and spot healing is no longer a chore. I also am trying to get into using it for dispels as well.

Kai_San on
    edited June 2007
    Much like you amigo, I have recently discovered the amazing power of mouseover. Comboing it in Arena with focus is even more delicious.

Adimax on
  • bookworm13bookworm13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hi all,

Looking for help with a little trinket macro. Been clearing up lots of button space using modifiers but having trouble with this /use macro. I'm trying to use the trinket in the lower slot if no modifier is pressed, or use the trinket in the upper slot if I hold down the control key.

#showtooltip
    /use [modifier:ctrl] 13; 14

The macro works for the trinket in slot 14, but not for the trinket in slot 13. The showtooltip changes dynamically (love that) when I hold down the control key, but the button press does not activate the trinket. I've also moved the trinket on my character from slot 14 to slot 13 with the same result so its not the trinket that is the issue. I haven't tried specifying the trinket by name because I want to use this same macro on the same button for all my characters.

Also, I thought the broken shift key modifier had been fixed in 2.1 but I still can't get the shift key to work as a conditional. I've also gone through my key bindings to make sure there are no conflicts.

bookworm13 on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Much like you amigo, I have recently discovered the amazing power of mouseover. Comboing it in Arena with focus is even more delicious.

So, I know Blizzard is restricting competitors to the default UI, but are they restricting macro use as well?

Wavechaser on
    edited June 2007
    Forgot to share a bunch of scripts I've adopted/modified from the Blizzard UI forum.

#Showtooltip
    /use Dense Sharpening Stone
    /use 16

-One button applying Blacksmith's Sharpening Stone. You can substitute the appropriate type of stone including Weightstones. Off hand weapon would be slot 17. I believe this would work with Rogue poisons if you don't use an addon.

/castsequence reset=120 Will of the Forsaken, Insignia of the Horde

-For Forsaken characters who also have the pvp trinket to get out of fear

/petattack
    /petfollow [target=pettarget,exists]

-First button press sends your pet to attack. Second button press calls you pet back.

I'll post class specific ones separately...

bookworm13 on
    edited June 2007
    Pallies, Shammies, and Furries! (sounds like a kid's show)

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Consecration(Rank 1); Consecration

-Is that a rogue behind me? Use the low rank just to check and conserve mana.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Concentration Aura; [modifier:alt,target=player] Flash of Light; Flash of Light

-To keep my commonly used auras within easy reach: Holding control will cast the aura (or remove it if it is active). Otherwise FoL spam away.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Retribution Aura; Seal of Righteousness

-No one worth healing in this battleground? Go O with retribution. Change the Seal to whatever is your favorite.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Seal of Wisdom; Seal of Light

-Just a buttonspace saver, but the two seals/judgements I usually switch between when prot grinding.

#Showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Cure Disease; Disease Cleansing Totem

-I almost always use the totem since the debuff is likely to be re-applied anyway, but sometimes you want to remove a debuff from someone not in your party.

#Showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Cure Poison; Poison Cleansing Totem

-See above.

#Showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Magma Totem; [modifier:alt] Fire Nova Totem; Searing Totem

-I rarely use any Fire totems, but three for one buttonspace is okay. I do similar things with my other totems, but you get the idea.

#showtooltip Elemental Master
    /Cast Elemental Master
    /stopcasting
    /cast Chain Lightning

-One button press to activate and cast. I leave EM as the tooltip so I know what the cooldown is.

#showtooltip Healing Touch
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /cast Healing Touch

-Instant health go!

#showtooltip Moonfire
    /cast [modifier:ctrl]Moonfire(Rank 1); Moonfire

-For killing totems or just to keep something in combat, you can use the lower rank without using too much mana.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Shred; [modifier:stealth] Ravage; Mangle (Cat)()

-Since I solo in feral I rarely get to get in any shreds, but this keeps it available after a pounce. If I mess up my Ravage or the mob detects me, mangle is there so I don't keep hitting the Ravage button uselessly.

bookworm13 on
    edited June 2007
    Warlock macros: Most of these are just to save buttonspace. Necrosis is great, but I'd rather have everything hotkeyed instead of clicking buttons. It takes a bit of practice to remember what is what, but now the dynamically changing tooltips make it easy to double check on the fly.

#showtooltip Banish
    /castsequence Curse of Shadow, Banish

-Having trouble banishing that other lock's felpuppy? This should help.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Soul Fire; Shadow Bolt

-Soul Fire is used so rarely I wouldn't even bother to put it on a button, but this makes it at least available in a pinch.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Curse of Shadow; Corruption

-Didn't want to have Curse of Shadows waste any space, but still available for quickfiring.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Curse of the Elements; Immolate

-Ditto.

#showtooltip Death Coil
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Death Coil; Fear

-Death Coil as the tooltip to show its cooldown.

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; [pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice

-Cast Sacrifice if you have a Voidwalker out, Seduction if you have a Succubus, Spell Lock if you have your felhunter out. Three pets, one button!

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Drain Life; [modifier:ctrl] Drain Soul; [modifier:alt] Drain Mana

-These three seem to fit together, so why not? Had the nomodifier option in there before they had the dynamically updating showtooltips.

bookworm13 on
    edited June 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »

So, I know Blizzard is restricting competitors to the default UI, but are they restricting macro use as well?

I scoured the forums and couldnt find anything about it. Its part of the engine though, and they dont do anything that a god awful amount of clicking/typing wont do. And there's the 32/button limitations...

Adimax on
  • _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm currently using a very simple macro to set my focus target when banishing something but is there a way to hit the button again to auto re-cast banish onto my focus without losing my current target? I use a dot macro to cycle through siphon, corruption and agony so it's a pain when I have to switch targets since I have to then restart from my first dot on the list.

_X_ on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /clearfocus [button:2]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] Banish

Should set your focus if you don't have one or if your focus is dead then cast banish. If you do have a focus then it will just cast banish. You can right click to set a new focus. You can keep/get rid of stopcasting. Just nice because you can hit the button in the middle of a cast if you see your banish break.

focused7 on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's something I don't understand. What is the difference between target and focus?

Peewi on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Peewi wrote: »
    There's something I don't understand. What is the difference between target and focus?

Focus is essentially a way to track another target other than the one your currently targeting.

khain on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    X-Perl unitframes ( <3 ) has a Unitframe for your Focus Target, which is really nice... if only it had a nameplate/castbar like the rest of the unitframes do ;p anyone know a mod that provides that?

fadingathedges on
  • _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I use pitbull and it has all that stuff for the focus.

_X_ on
This discussion has been closed.