As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Recommend me some gloves! [Solved]

ZeroczZerocz Space CowboyIn SpaceRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
My hands need to breathe. If there's no circulation of air under my palms, they become sweaty very quickly. I don't have any problem from a social point of view, shaking hands and the like. It's pretty much only an issue when I need to keep my hands on a control of some type. Like driving or gaming.

Most mice and controllers are designed to fill your grip, which leaves no room for air to circulate. While you can find versions with vents and cooling fans, the same cannot be said of steering wheels. So I've been seeking a solution that can be applied to both.

I prefer to avoid medical stuff. I don't think it's a severe enough issue for that. But I was thinking about some kind of driving glove.

I have found that a set of thin gloves, liners really, work quite well for the winter. Summer is fast approaching though, and I'm wondering if maybe some kind of fingerless glove would be good. If it works well for driving, I may even be able to use it for gaming.

All the "driving gloves" I see online list leather construction as a big feature. I'm sure it's great and all, but isn't leather sort of the opposite of breathable? Certainly my leather-wrapped wheel is about as breathable as an Xbox controller. Although it is a pretty cheap car, so what do I know?

So basically I'm looking for advice about gloves for warm weather activities.

Zerocz on

• MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You can get perforated leather. That's what a lot of summer gloves for motorcycles use anyways.

MushroomStick on
  • Raif SeveranceRaif Severance Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not sure if it would help, but you may try some of the motorcycle gloves that are made out of fabric. It seems a bit overkill for what you need but they are pretty breathable (at least when I used them).

Amazon actually has "gamer gloves" for really cheap. I don't have any personal experience with them but they seem to fit what you want.

Gamer Gloves

Raif Severance on
  • ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the input guys. I wound up getting a pair of bicycling gloves. They seem to be just about perfect.

Zerocz on