As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MINECRAFT] Oh GOD, What have we created?

• Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Creating railway system on own by hand = ugh.

Loathing on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Eugh dang I need to set up mySQL to use that NPC program because the bugger is to lazy to write in an exception for if mySQL isn't installed to let it run anyway. Looks like I can fake it with localshops even though the coder decided that the .txt file listing the shop's contents should be as difficult to edit as possible.

Thanks

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Loathing wrote: »

What's wrong with it?
    Assuming you're talking about vanilla 1.5 with bring your own cart system, it is really simple.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gah, help! Whitelist is true on my server, but I've got people joining anyway who are definitely not on the list. Checking the server logs I see: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to remove player. What's up with that?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh, fucking awesome. They also destroyed my castle and filled my treasure room with lava.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So has the new season of N@W started?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Gah, help! Whitelist is true on my server, but I've got people joining anyway who are definitely not on the list. Checking the server logs I see: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to remove player. What's up with that?

That sounds weird and scary. Maybe try a bukkit mod with an extra whitelist/blacklist feature? And maybe something like Permissions or Group Manager so that even if someone slips through they won't have build/destroy permissions by default.

freakish light on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd try updating the jar personally.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I'm on 1.5...

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jammu wrote: »
    Loathing wrote: »

What's wrong with it?
    Assuming you're talking about vanilla 1.5 with bring your own cart system, it is really simple.

Just time consuming is all, not hard or anything.

Loathing on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I'm on 1.5...

Well the latest server jar is 1.5_02. If you're on vanilla, which you shouldn't be, grab the latest server jar off MC.net. If you're on bukkit grab the latest recommended build which is 740.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ein, here's some screengrabs from Castle in the Sky, to give you more ideas for the mages guild.

I think having the tree roots come down through the ceiling would be cool.

http://img560.imageshack.us/g/pdvd031s.jpg/

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the pics, dude.

Been working more on my Laputa / Mage Guild thing by taking the tree in the middle and expanding it's root system all over the fucking place.

laput05.jpg

laput06.jpg

I find it funny that I built the base structure in less time than it's taken for me to make all these roots, if only because the roots take for-fucking-ever to make look even remotely natural. Still no idea how I'm going to structure the inside yet, but I'll get there.

Ein on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    anoffday wrote: »

Anyone?

I can't keep up with this thread or the server. It's constantly dying and coming back.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Anyone?

I can't keep up with this thread or the server. It's constantly dying and coming back.

It has not yet - we are still doing set-up. Plugins are being written, the map is being made.

Likewise, the server has not gone down once in the 20-some days since Season 1 ended, so I don't know what you're talking about. It's being used right now as a build server for people to prep things to go into the new map. The only thing that's going on is that it has not been updated to 1.5, for reasons of practicality.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well not dead as in down, but dead as in...dead. Everytime I logged on, which were at different times, there were usually about 5 people on at most.

edit: Also, I just checked and it's not working as we speak.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I get the impression most of the dudes went to go spend some time on SE++'s server in the interim. It slows down the release of season 2 when we have less people helping, but I don't blame 'em.

On that note, I continue to need help working on this mage guild thing if anyone's interested. Most of what I'm doing now is adding more roots. 67.82.160.24

Flight strongly recommended.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Is that ip you just posted the server? Is it not this tweakcraft one anymore?

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The IP I just posted is my own machine, where I'm personally working on this Mage Guild thing and nothing else.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So it looks like someone's re-uploading our Rapture map to map sharing sites and claiming it as their own. Can't say I'm surprised, though I find it more entertaining that they're pretending the Youtube channel is theirs, too.

I left a comment calling 'em out on it, but looks like he just removed it. On the upside, he did also upload a preview image of it that says it's a PA community project, so... whatever, I guess.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ein wrote: »
    So it looks like someone's re-uploading our Rapture map to map sharing sites and claiming it as their own. Can't say I'm surprised, though I find it more entertaining that they're pretending the Youtube channel is theirs, too.

I left a comment calling 'em out on it, but looks like he just removed it. On the upside, he did also upload a preview image of it that says it's a PA community project, so... whatever, I guess.

*shrug* I filled out the report form on the right.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ein, is N@W likely to go to 1.5 before launch or should I simply backslide to 1.4?

Jintor on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Laputa build. So cool.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Ein wrote: »

*shrug* I filled out the report form on the right.

=/...

=/......!!!

:x

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Report it.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I also reported it.

Bogey down.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Looks like it died.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    laput07.jpg

Progress on the inside. :P Hooking all the roots up to the tree, so I glassed and fenced a lot of the materials over so that I could see through things.

Ein on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Giant fountain in the center perhaps?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Question related to Primordial deserts:

I found a cave that led into a garden with flowers in it. There is a breakable wall that actually takes you out of the bedrock enclosure, is this intentional?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Looks like it died.

I got an e-mail response from my report that they dealt with it.

Ein, they would love you to upload a copy of ColRapture there sometime, however.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Satsumomo wrote: »

I found a cave that led into a garden with flowers in it. There is a breakable wall that actually takes you out of the bedrock enclosure, is this intentional?

I don't think so, but occasionally their wall does have flaws. Sometimes it's leaf blocks that mess it up.

Go get you some dirt!

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I don't think so, but occasionally their wall does have flaws. Sometimes it's leaf blocks that mess it up.

Go get you some dirt!

I read the Primordial Deserts thread and someone else saw it. Has anyone even stumbled upon flowers? It really does seem intentional.

javaw2011050211443447.jpg

Kinda neat to think you're completely trapped in this desert world, and that there's a portal out there into paradise :P

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Go get you some dirt!

I read the Primordial Deserts thread and someone else saw it. Has anyone even stumbled upon flowers? It really does seem intentional.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/473/javaw2011050211443447.jpg

Kinda neat to think you're completely trapped in this desert world, and that there's a portal out there into paradise :P

It may simply be a chamber that spawned at the edge of the map. It looks like it has been cut in half by the edge.

Squigie on
    Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Looks like it died.

I got an e-mail response from my report that they dealt with it.

Ein, they would love you to upload a copy of ColRapture there sometime, however.

Its already up. There's a link to the download in the youtube video.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Squigie wrote: »

Go get you some dirt!

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/473/javaw2011050211443447.jpg

It may simply be a chamber that spawned at the edge of the map. It looks like it has been cut in half by the edge.

Yeah that's cut in half. I've found a few of those rooms. Mostly they're a way for you to resupply in the catacombs and/or get more dirt to expand your oasis.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Diachon server is still down. :( No mo' Multiplayer MoneCroft for me.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spent the day making a monster drop auto harvesting 13 x 13 circular tower.

The collection zone, lava trap, and 3 of the levels are underground; I reach it by one of my underground rails that connects to my hub right under my home. The tower itself extends another 11 levels up (each level is 5 blocks tall), reaching the clouds above and clearly visible from my home. Now that I have that done I plan on decorating the outside of the tower itself, probably creating some kind of sculpture or building on the top of it.

With the gun powder I get from my tower I can eventually go back to mining ... with TNT.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2011
    Talith wrote: »
    With the gun powder I get from my tower I can eventually go back to mining ... with TNT.

It's the only way to mine.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.