As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlestar Galactica: Return of the Moustache

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Tach wrote:
    Less of a prediction, and more of "what I think could happen":

[spoiler:0c9b45429b]This does take the show more towards the original series, but hey, I'm a sucker at heart.[/spoiler:0c9b45429b]

[spoiler:0c9b45429b]Taking it that direction isn't necessarily a bad thing; the idea behind the original wasn't that bad, the execution was. I basically see this as two seasons spent beginning to set up a backstory for a show much like the original...which isn't such a bad thing, as it was an enjoyable ride and now characters like Baltar have something behind them rather just just being "random evil guy."

I see at least a half-season to full season getting them off of New Caprica, then it's back to looking for earth. It just breaks up the series a little, which is good...I really don't think it had more than a season left at the rate it was going.[/spoiler:0c9b45429b]

mcdermott on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    So, is anyone wondering if
    [spoiler:e437214a46]D'Anna Biers has been found out? Anders was almost killed by a Number Three and, since she is a journalist, I'm sure he'd likely see her at some point in that year since he came back to the fleet.[/spoiler:e437214a46]

Premier kakos on
  • ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    mcdermott wrote:
    [spoiler:3ffe0db504]I see at least a half-season to full season getting them off of New Caprica, then it's back to looking for earth. It just breaks up the series a little, which is good...I really don't think it had more than a season left at the rate it was going.[/spoiler:3ffe0db504]
    About the length of this arc:
    [realspoiler:3ffe0db504]It’s still coming together, but [the occupation arc] will probably be three or four or five episodes… probably four episodes. We’re still kind of stroking out exactly how these kinds of things will fall, but I don’t think it will take quite as long as it took us to wrap up the arc at the beginning of the second season.[/realspoiler:3ffe0db504]

[spoiler:3ffe0db504]I'm a bit disappointed, I'd like it to last longer, but maybe it will end with some of the characters staying there, splitting the show into two plot lines running at once again, I'd be sad if the occupation lasted just a moment... unless they're planning to have ten more one year jumps in those few episodes.[/spoiler:3ffe0db504]

ecczi. on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Anyone wanna properly explain me why
    [spoiler:05a4577557] she blew herself the fuck up? [/spoiler:05a4577557]

I wasn't surprised it happened, but I just want a better idea of why.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:13fd0a9262]I'm a bit disappointed, I'd like it to last longer, but maybe it will end with some of the characters staying there, splitting the show into two plot lines running at once again, I'd be sad if the occupation lasted just a moment... unless they're planning to have ten more one year jumps in those few episodes.[/spoiler:13fd0a9262]

Ron Moore talked about the spoilers for season 3 here.

[spoiler:13fd0a9262]I think the idea of seeing more of the Cylon culture intriguing as well as finally seeing their leadership structure. You got vague rumblings of that in "Downloaded" with the comments about it being decided that Sharon would be put on ice but you never find out who is making these decisions. Also it would be good to see the internal debate among the various models, especially with the Brother "Al" model.[/spoiler:13fd0a9262]
    Spoiler:
    [spoiler:13fd0a9262]she blew herself the fuck up?[/spoiler:13fd0a9262]

A good explanation of that over at Television Without Pity.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    edited March 2006
    lwt1973 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    [spoiler:b183c08ed6]she blew herself the fuck up?[/spoiler:b183c08ed6]

Oh christ. He's using the made up name for Caprica Six...
    [spoiler:b183c08ed6]I really don't think that Gaius is trying to recreate his silly little romance from Caprica, that was the purpose of the Six and the house in his head and he got tired of them the moment he saw Gina.
    Maybe it started like that, but Gina was the first Six Gaius didn't cheat on and the first one he really missed when she was gone.
    But I guess we'll know for sure in seven months. Ugh.

Wait, what?
    "I don't personally think she really has an agenda, of any kind. Just a death, deferred by purpose, into which Gaius is about to talk her; just listen. "Well," he says, smiling cheaply, having given this speech one hundred times or more before. "Well, I think my ability to see you will no doubt be constrained by the responsibilities and the requirements of my new position." Gina fidgets. It's already over. He's making that clear."
    That's complete bullshit. The presidency was Gina's idea, if anyone is manipulating anyone here it's the Six, as they did before.[/spoiler:b183c08ed6]

ecczi. on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    I wonder what the relations between Gaius and Caprica Six will look like, it would be fun if he'd reject her for a change, I imagine falling in love with twin sisters of your last year's lover could get tiresome.
    [spoiler:a21168a3a8]It's all in the little looks onboard Colonial One, Caprica Six with her standard "Oh, I'm such a fragile killer machine, I need some loving!" and Gaius' millionth shade of "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"[/spoiler:a21168a3a8]

God, I love this guy. James Callis for president!
    Well it's not a twin, it is her

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    lwt1973 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    [spoiler:35cf4f0555]she blew herself the fuck up?[/spoiler:35cf4f0555]

Oh christ. He's using the made up name for Caprica Six...
    [spoiler:35cf4f0555]I really don't think that Gaius is trying to recreate his silly little romance from Caprica, that was the purpose of the Six and the house in his head and he got tired of them the moment he saw Gina.
    Maybe it started like that, but Gina was the first Six Gaius didn't cheat on and the first one he really missed when she was gone.
    But I guess we'll know for sure in seven months. Ugh.

Wait, what?
    "I don't personally think she really has an agenda, of any kind. Just a death, deferred by purpose, into which Gaius is about to talk her; just listen. "Well," he says, smiling cheaply, having given this speech one hundred times or more before. "Well, I think my ability to see you will no doubt be constrained by the responsibilities and the requirements of my new position." Gina fidgets. It's already over. He's making that clear."
    That's complete bullshit. The presidency was Gina's idea, if anyone is manipulating anyone here it's the Six, as they did before.[/spoiler:35cf4f0555]

I agree, that site's explanation doesn't hold up.

[spoiler:35cf4f0555]Gina's a rape victim. More than that, she was imprisoned for months, and constantly beaten and raped. Baltar was her savior. And what did he ask in return? More sex. Same as the guys who raped her.

You could see she didn't want to. Last time we saw her, Baltar tried to kiss her and she turned away, she couldn't even do that. This time he guilted her into having sex with him, and she hated him for it. She was crying while she undressed, crying while they were having sex, and Baltar didn't care, and she hated him all the more for it. He was his savior, his hero, but in the end he didn't care about her, he just wanted his fun with her, just like all the guys who raped her on Pegassus.

That's why she did it. That's why Baltar is responsible, not just for giving her the nuke, but for making her use it. It's the same thing that happened in the miniseries. Baltar wanted sex with Six, and didn't care what he had to sacrifice to get it. [/spoiler:35cf4f0555]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    So I missed last week's ep because I was out of town.

But never fear! I TiVo'd it!

Except that it cut off the last two frakking minutes of the goddamned show. So someone tell me how it ends. I got cut off:

[realspoiler:436a01b4be]Gaius: I am Gaius Baltar, President of...
    Six: I know who you are, Gaius. I know you quite well.[/realspoiler:436a01b4be]
    DING! Keep or delete?

So yeah. What's up.

Salvation122 on
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    You want to read this recap.

Mei Hikari on
    edited March 2006
    So I missed last week's ep because I was out of town.

But never fear! I TiVo'd it!

Except that it cut off the last two frakking minutes of the goddamned show. So someone tell me how it ends. I got cut off:

[spoiler:4d77bc3e00]Gaius: I am Gaius Baltar, President of...
    Six: I know who you are, Gaius. I know you quite well.[/spoiler:4d77bc3e00]
    DING! Keep or delete?

So yeah. What's up.

Oh man, that must have been frustrating :lol:

[spoiler:4d77bc3e00]
    Five: You won't be harmed if you cooperate.
    Baltar: How did you find us?
    Five: It was quite by accident. We were passing a light-year away when we picked up a nuclear detonation.
    Baltar sits down, shaken, with tears IIRC.
    Baltar: As president of the colonies, I surrender.
    Tons of Cylons are seen walking around the city, like a military parade. Colonials are watching from the sides, silent. Starbuck and Chief Tyrel are in the crowd.
    Tyrel: What do we do now, Captain?
    Starbuck: Same thing we always do. Fight them 'till we can't no more.
    [/spoiler:4d77bc3e00]

BTW, it's spoiler for past stuff, realspoiler for known facts about coming stuff. Speculation about future stuff are kind of a grey zone.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:4951ed62a9]Then he gave Gina the nuke, and scarred her by having sex[/spoiler:4951ed62a9]
    [spoiler:4951ed62a9]She was already going to blow herself up before he had sex with her. [/spoiler:4951ed62a9]

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2006
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:da71f5ce3b]Then he gave Gina the nuke, and scarred her by having sex[/spoiler:da71f5ce3b]
    [spoiler:da71f5ce3b]She was already going to blow herself up before he had sex with her. [/spoiler:da71f5ce3b]
    [spoiler:da71f5ce3b]Granted, she wanted to kill herself when she was on Pegassus. But Baltar convinced her to live. She had been getting better since she settled in her new life on Cloud 9. She was scarred for life of course, as anyone would be after going through months of torture and rape. But she continued to live. Until Baltar forced her to have sex with him.[/spoiler:da71f5ce3b]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:dc03facead]Then he gave Gina the nuke, and scarred her by having sex[/spoiler:dc03facead]
    [spoiler:dc03facead]She was already going to blow herself up before he had sex with her. [/spoiler:dc03facead]

how do you know this? I'm not contesting it, I'm genuinely curious.

edit: Oh. Thanks, richy.

MutePrez on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    MutePrez wrote:
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:1cea232a03]Then he gave Gina the nuke, and scarred her by having sex[/spoiler:1cea232a03]
    [spoiler:1cea232a03]She was already going to blow herself up before he had sex with her. [/spoiler:1cea232a03]

how do you know this? I'm not contesting it, I'm genuinely curious.

edit: Oh. Thanks, richy.
    [spoiler:1cea232a03]Richy is wrong. She kept telling Baltar that she was not going to live on New Caprica prior to Gaius storming out and prior to the sexx0rs. Gaius wasn't storming out because she wasn't having the fuck with him, but because she was being all cryptic and resisting is overtures of romance in a new life together without explaining why.[/spoiler:1cea232a03]

Apothe0sis on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    [spoiler:8bb5a816b2]I had to read that Television Without Pity recap to notice the full importance of Gaius's picture. I mean everyone noticed it when they panned out, but did we all notice that it had replaced the White Board? I know I didn't.

And to further spell it out, he replaced the number one most important thing to Roslin -- the number of people remaining in the fleet, in essence the fleet itself -- with himself. NOT SUPRISING.[/spoiler:8bb5a816b2]

Imperfect on
  • ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Imperfect wrote:
    [spoiler:2541a9336b]I had to read that Television Without Pity recap to notice the full importance of Gaius's picture. I mean everyone noticed it when they panned out, but did we all notice that it had replaced the White Board? I know I didn't.

And to further spell it out, he replaced the number one most important thing to Roslin -- the number of people remaining in the fleet, in essence the fleet itself -- with himself. NOT SUPRISING.[/spoiler:2541a9336b]

Well, to be fair, that is the most important thing to Gaius.

Zsetrek on
    edited March 2006
    Imperfect wrote:
    [spoiler:43f822f722]I had to read that Television Without Pity recap to notice the full importance of Gaius's picture. I mean everyone noticed it when they panned out, but did we all notice that it had replaced the White Board? I know I didn't.

And to further spell it out, he replaced the number one most important thing to Roslin -- the number of people remaining in the fleet, in essence the fleet itself -- with himself. NOT SUPRISING.[/spoiler:43f822f722]
    I missed that, well, the significance.

Thanks, that's a nifty insight.

Apothe0sis on
  • a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Question:

Who was the guy who

[spoiler:8496cf8fc3]
    Walked up to Anders and said, "I'm looking for Kara Thrace"?
    [/spoiler:8496cf8fc3]

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    a penguin wrote:
    Question:

Who was the guy who

[spoiler:6232fe850c]
    [/spoiler:6232fe850c]
    [spoiler:6232fe850c]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:6232fe850c]

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    a penguin wrote:
    Question:

Who was the guy who

[spoiler:05c2165157]
    [/spoiler:05c2165157]
    [spoiler:05c2165157]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:05c2165157]

I think he's my favourite Cylon, just for the fact that he's the scaryiest.

[spoiler:05c2165157]"Do you realise that I could break through these chains, rip your skull from your spinal column, crash through that door and kill those guards in less time than it's taken me to describe it?"[/spoiler:05c2165157]

One of the best things about the final was the fact that it made the Cylons scary again.

[spoiler:05c2165157]That bit where they stroll into Colonial One and that sinister music plays gave me a little shiver that I haven't felt since the first season.[/spoiler:05c2165157]

Zsetrek on
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    I wonder what the relations between Gaius and Caprica Six will look like, it would be fun if he'd reject her for a change, I imagine falling in love with twin sisters of your last year's lover could get tiresome.
    Well it's not a twin, it is her
    It's not her, they're all different and distinct characters (Caprica Six, bossy imaginary Six, Gina).
    Richy wrote:
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:17609bab61]Then he gave Gina the nuke, and scarred her by having sex[/spoiler:17609bab61]
    [spoiler:17609bab61]She was already going to blow herself up before he had sex with her. [/spoiler:17609bab61]
    [spoiler:17609bab61]Granted, she wanted to kill herself when she was on Pegassus. But Baltar convinced her to live. She had been getting better since she settled in her new life on Cloud 9. She was scarred for life of course, as anyone would be after going through months of torture and rape. But she continued to live. Until Baltar forced her to have sex with him.[/spoiler:17609bab61]
    What what what what what? No.
    God, no.
    [spoiler:17609bab61]The sex was a "goodbye gift", the "sacrifice" before she did the selfish thing, in turn "scarring" Gaius.
    No, really. It was her idea, suggesting that Baltar manipulated her into fucking him and then blowing herself up is seriously fucked up (as the Television Without Pity guy suggested), and it makes all later displays of his sadness a bit pointless.[/spoiler:17609bab61]

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    Zsetrek wrote:
    The Cat wrote:
    [spoiler:7bbf38f61d]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:7bbf38f61d]

[spoiler:7bbf38f61d]Oh, that Leoben. <3 Him and Cavil are my favorites, and both are actors who aren't (or won't be) able to show up too often. They really should hire some new regular Cylons, having only Six, Eight and Five all the time is a bit silly. Even Lucy Lawless indicated that she's not sure if she'll show up anytime soon after what she's contracted to do.[/spoiler:7bbf38f61d]

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    You know, I'd kill for a desktop that had each of the known Cylon models posing, and looking sinister.

Zsetrek on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    Zsetrek wrote:
    The Cat wrote:
    [spoiler:c62518e20f]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:c62518e20f]

[spoiler:c62518e20f]Oh, that Leoben. <3 Him and Cavil are my favorites, and both are actors who aren't (or won't be) able to show up too often. They really should hire some new regular Cylons, having only Six, Eight and Five all the time is a bit silly. Even Lucy Lawless indicated that she's not sure if she'll show up anytime soon after what she's contracted to do.[/spoiler:c62518e20f]

I can't help but wonder what the hell Lucy Lawless could otherwise be doing.

electricitylikesme on
  • a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    a penguin wrote:
    Question:

Who was the guy who

[spoiler:f23efebdcc]
    [/spoiler:f23efebdcc]
    [spoiler:f23efebdcc]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:f23efebdcc]

ah, ty. I didn't recognize him through the 'blurry' effect.

He is indeed pretty damn awesome.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    Zsetrek wrote:
    The Cat wrote:
    [spoiler:f4e75afbc0]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:f4e75afbc0]

[spoiler:f4e75afbc0]Oh, that Leoben. <3 Him and Cavil are my favorites, and both are actors who aren't (or won't be) able to show up too often. They really should hire some new regular Cylons, having only Six, Eight and Five all the time is a bit silly. Even Lucy Lawless indicated that she's not sure if she'll show up anytime soon after what she's contracted to do.[/spoiler:f4e75afbc0]

I can't help but wonder what the hell Lucy Lawless could otherwise be doing.

Cocaine? Young Italian male models? Certainly nothing interested as far as acting is concerned...at least judging from imdb.com.

mcdermott on
    edited March 2006
    at Apothe0sis & ecczi.:
    [spoiler:8208a3c8a9]You guys still have to explain
    1) Why Gina was crying while having sex with Baltar.
    2) Why she decided to have sex with him, even though she's still obviously scarred from what happened to her on Pegassus.
    3) When and why she decided to blow the nuke. Why now, instead of before or after?
    It's ok to disagree with me, but I'd like to know what you guys think was going through Gina's head at that moment.
    [/spoiler:8208a3c8a9]
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:8208a3c8a9]It was her idea, suggesting that Baltar manipulated her into fucking him and then blowing herself up is seriously fucked up and it makes all later displays of his sadness a bit pointless.[/spoiler:8208a3c8a9]
    [spoiler:8208a3c8a9]That's not how I meant it. Yes, Baltar manipulated her (or rather, guilted her) into fucking him. Then she detonated the nuke because of it. Baltar didn't manipulate her into blowing the nuke, at least not directly. It's an unintended consequence of what he did.

Baltar's sadness is genuine. He didn't want Gina to kill herself. He didn't want her to take Cloud 9 with her. And he most definitly didn't want the Cylons to pick up on it and find them. But it all happened, and he unwittingly set it all in motion.[/spoiler:8208a3c8a9]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Altimus PrimeAltimus Prime Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Is Kakos gone yet?

.....Good. For the record, humanlike Cylons are advanced technology that appears organic. They are still synthetic. I notice nobody arguing over whether the metal ones are "people" or shedding any tears when they get blown away. I think that's rather telling.

Altimus Prime on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    No, dammit, they're not. They're basically altered human clones, how else could they be genetically compatible with humans to the extent of bearing children with them? Also, the metal cylons might just be simple "agent" programs or animal-like, like the raiders.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited March 2006
    Richy wrote:
    at Apothe0sis & ecczi.:
    [spoiler:c0573d2003]You guys still have to explain
    2) Why she decided to have sex with him, even though she's still obviously scarred from what happened to her on Pegassus.
    3) When and why she decided to blow the nuke. Why now, instead of before or after?
    It's ok to disagree with me, but I'd like to know what you guys think was going through Gina's head at that moment.
    [/spoiler:c0573d2003]
    [spoiler:c0573d2003]1. Because it was their last moment together. I don't think anything hinted at her being forced by Gaius. Gaius thought that they would have all the time together on the surface of New Caprica, and I think moving was the only thing he was trying to force her to do in that scene.
    2. To show him that he meant a lot to her, maybe. Otherwise their last goodbye wouldn't be the nicest memory and Gaius could think that she was lying to him all the time, just to mess up the fleet.
    3. Because Gaius was the only thing that kept her alive? Becuase now she would have to move to New Caprica and lead a half-life hiding in a closet on Colonial One. I think that's why she has delayed her suicide until the last possible moment ("You have your orders", boom). [/spoiler:c0573d2003]

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    For the record, humanlike Cylons are advanced technology that appears organic. They are still synthetic. I notice nobody arguing over whether the metal ones are "people" or shedding any tears when they get blown away. I think that's rather telling.
    Actually, that's because the tin cans are just worker drones, robots, tools.
    "Are the Centurions sentient? If so, does their memory get uploaded to a new body when they die?"

No, the centurions are not sentient and their memories/experiences are not downloaded into new bodies when they die.

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    For the record, humanlike Cylons are advanced technology that appears organic. They are still synthetic. I notice nobody arguing over whether the metal ones are "people" or shedding any tears when they get blown away. I think that's rather telling.
    Actually, that's because the tin cans are just worker drones, robots, tools.
    "Are the Centurions sentient? If so, does their memory get uploaded to a new body when they die?"

No, the centurions are not sentient and their memories/experiences are not downloaded into new bodies when they die.

Really? That's weird. I mean, Boomer said they download the raiders, because it's much easier to create blank AIs with only a survival instinct and make them learn in combat, than it is to create complete raider AIs. I would have assumed they did the same thing for Centurions.

EDIT:
    Unless you need some biological components in order for the ressurection process to work, and the Centurions are fully mechanical. Then it would make sense.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Well, it's a little more necessary for the raiders to learn from their mistakes if they're going to be fighting the fleet. Raiders, in essence, are more important than your average chrome toaster and it's more advantageous to transfer them into new 'bodies' when they die. Like Sharon said: Death is just a learning experience.

Cogliostro on
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Is Kakos gone yet?

.....Good. For the record, humanlike Cylons are advanced technology that appears organic. They are still synthetic. I notice nobody arguing over whether the metal ones are "people" or shedding any tears when they get blown away. I think that's rather telling.
    If by 'people' you mean people can only be human beings, then you're right.

Aside from that, it doesn't matter if they're organic or not, they're still living.

Snork on
  • Sub StandardSub Standard Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi. wrote:
    Zsetrek wrote:
    The Cat wrote:
    [spoiler:69224c2dd6]Leoben. she tortured him in S1, he went out the airlock. also the dude in the station who fights adama in the miniseries. He's awesome.[/spoiler:69224c2dd6]

[spoiler:69224c2dd6]Oh, that Leoben. <3 Him and Cavil are my favorites, and both are actors who aren't (or won't be) able to show up too often. They really should hire some new regular Cylons, having only Six, Eight and Five all the time is a bit silly. Even Lucy Lawless indicated that she's not sure if she'll show up anytime soon after what she's contracted to do.[/spoiler:69224c2dd6]

I really want to see what happens between Starbuck and Leoben. Seven more months to speculate!

I guess I could work on getting a new Leoben avatar when the rest of the season comes out on DVD.

Sub Standard on
    Panda1.jpg
    edited March 2006
    I really want to see what happens between Starbuck and Leoben. Seven more months to speculate!
    "Here's your ovary, I don't want it anymore." ?
    "Mmm-yum! Can I ask for seconds?" ?
    I guess I could work on getting a new Leoben avatar when the rest of the season comes out on DVD.
    Isn't this the only shot of Leoben you could get in last... 25 episodes?
    I miss Leoben. Damn him and his inhuman charms.

ecczi. on
    edited March 2006
    Richy wrote:
    at Apothe0sis & ecczi.:
    [spoiler:2ee75297eb]You guys still have to explain
    [/spoiler:2ee75297eb]

Nonsense. We don't have to explain anything (though ecczi certainly has). You need to explain exactly how your interpretation is compatible with [spoiler:2ee75297eb]Gina's insistence upon her not moving to New Caprica, in a significant tone of voice prior to any sexual relations going on.[/spoiler:2ee75297eb]

Our scenario is clearly consistent, your scenario is, at face value at least, inconsistent.

Also, in addition to ecczi's 3, I would speculate that [spoiler:2ee75297eb]the timing and nature of her suicide was intended to suggest that Gina retained her allegiance to the Cylons regardless of how she acted and intimated towards Gaius[/spoiler:2ee75297eb]

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2006
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Also, in addition to ecczi's 3, I would speculate that [spoiler:30e959528a]the timing and nature of her suicide was intended to suggest that Gina retained her allegiance to the Cylons regardless of how she acted and intimated towards Gaius[/spoiler:30e959528a]
    [spoiler:30e959528a]Oh, certainly. I guess it's a way of redeeming herself after causing many Cylon deaths in her Resurrection Ship betrayal.
    Unlike the Cylon Heroes, Gina only cared about a single human.[/spoiler:30e959528a]

ecczi. on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    ecczi! love the sig :D

desperaterobots on
This discussion has been closed.